Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #28906390 -

PBJ710 said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Is there any kind of current list of cube varieties that are actually different, like PE and Enigma and such? I haven't been able to come up with anything yet...



Something like this?  Theres probably lots of new named hybrids/isolations since then, but it's a decent start.

Genetic Backgrounds



That will help me get there anyway. Thanks! I just want to start window shopping for a variety that has a different look is all. Appreciate ya!


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mr Piggy] * 1
    #28906423 -

The Tao said:
Handy tek to know.Pristine BRF pucks



Instant book mar
Mr Piggy said:
Smellyhobbit said:
You’ve got all cubes, Penis Envy vars, and Enigma.

For cubes that’s about all you need to know I think.



Addendum:

Koh Samui super strain.



:supersaiyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SingularFusion]
    #28906439 -

SingularFusion said:
maybe not so quick question please fellas

When pasteurizing, are people ramping up slowly and ramping down slowly to/from temperature? What is the best practice?

I have been wetting the sub in the vaccuum bags with 80°C water to get close to 69°C from the start, then sous vide for 2 hours once bath is at temperature plus an extra ten or fifteen minutes to allow for temp equalisation of my bags, which are made very thin, so that they come to temperature with the water very rapidly as it is climbing to temp with the sous vide

When I finish I just remove them and leave them on a shelf till cooled, then cut a slit to allow some air back in so everything is not anaerobic in there while they wait a day usually to get spawned

does this all sound alright and like best possible practice?

Or should I be rapidly cooling bags after pasteurization in a cool water bath and/or allowing them to rise to temp over an hour or more as the sous vide warms the bath?

I also assume I should be allowing air back in also and not leaving them sealed and vaccuumed there until use?

My process works fine it seems but I wonder what the gold standard is?

Thanks, good times



Current consensus seems to be that pasteurizing sub for cubes isn’t necessary.  Many, myself included, just weigh the coir brick in grams, multiply by 4.4ml/g, then add that much warm tap water and let it soak awhile, then mix it up evenly.  If it’s above field capacity, add verm to taste.  If we’re talking about gourmet or exotics, obv its different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: NotWimbo]
    #28906442 -

NotWimbo said:
The Tao said:
Handy tek to know.Pristine BRF pucks



Instant book mar
Mr Piggy said:
Smellyhobbit said:
You’ve got all cubes, Penis Envy vars, and Enigma.

For cubes that’s about all you need to know I think.



Addendum:

Koh Samui super strain.



:supersaiyan:





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stuntbum]
    #28906509 -

Reading the Josex poke LC tek and it made me curious to know if anyone has ever PCd LC broth in a syringe, that was something like 3/4 full, did the culture poke, and then sucked sterile water into the syringe, where the myc cells could colonize inside the syringe, thereby removing all the steps involved with the jar. I feel like a 60cc syringe is enough to kick some ass for such a low effort process, if it would work. Ive been chewing on the idea for about a half hour trying to find a reason it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried this? I've never backed down from a dare, so if not, hold my beer and get your camera ready.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906523 -

ThurmanMurman said:
Reading the Josex poke LC tek and it made me curious to know if anyone has ever PCd LC broth in a syringe, that was something like 3/4 full, did the culture poke, and then sucked sterile water into the syringe, where the myc cells could colonize inside the syringe, thereby removing all the steps involved with the jar. I feel like a 60cc syringe is enough to kick some ass for such a low effort process, if it would work. Ive been chewing on the idea for about a half hour trying to find a reason it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried this? I've never backed down from a dare, so if not, hold my beer and get your camera ready.



I don’t know shit about fuck but I wanna see this, not gonna lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906527 -

Seems viable...try it!  You'll still want to test it on agar before inoculating a bunch of bags, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: NotWimbo] * 1
    #28906533 -

NotWimbo said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Reading the Josex poke LC tek and it made me curious to know if anyone has ever PCd LC broth in a syringe, that was something like 3/4 full, did the culture poke, and then sucked sterile water into the syringe, where the myc cells could colonize inside the syringe, thereby removing all the steps involved with the jar. I feel like a 60cc syringe is enough to kick some ass for such a low effort process, if it would work. Ive been chewing on the idea for about a half hour trying to find a reason it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried this? I've never backed down from a dare, so if not, hold my beer and get your camera ready.



I don’t know shit about fuck but I wanna see this, not gonna lie.



I also dk shit about fuck. I've never even made LC before. I also dont really care about either of those things bc its going to cost me whatever trivial amount of money to make LC broth and an agar plate, so what do I have to lose? Ill def be making a post about it if it actually works out, otherwise, assume im 75 cents poorer, and a little wiser.


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #28906537 -

PBJ710 said:
Seems viable...try it!  You'll still want to test it on agar before inoculating a bunch of bags, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.



I would for sure test it first. Ive never made LC before, but it sounds like one would agitate the myc before drawing it into the syringe? I could see how growing it in the syringe might make it difficult to break it up, but idk how much of an issue that would be with a 16g needle either. We're gonna find out, amigo!


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 1
    #28906566 -

ThurmanMurman said:
NotWimbo said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Reading the Josex poke LC tek and it made me curious to know if anyone has ever PCd LC broth in a syringe, that was something like 3/4 full, did the culture poke, and then sucked sterile water into the syringe, where the myc cells could colonize inside the syringe, thereby removing all the steps involved with the jar. I feel like a 60cc syringe is enough to kick some ass for such a low effort process, if it would work. Ive been chewing on the idea for about a half hour trying to find a reason it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried this? I've never backed down from a dare, so if not, hold my beer and get your camera ready.



I don’t know shit about fuck but I wanna see this, not gonna lie.



I also dk shit about fuck. I've never even made LC before. I also dont really care about either of those things bc its going to cost me whatever trivial amount of money to make LC broth and an agar plate, so what do I have to lose? Ill def be making a post about it if it actually works out, otherwise, assume im 75 cents poorer, and a little wiser.



yeah this is easily doable. i've heard the idea before even, on the discord.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906570 -

That’s why some people like to put stirring bars in there. It’s hard to break up a good chunk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head] * 1
    #28906573 -

fiddle_head said:
ThurmanMurman said:
NotWimbo said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Reading the Josex poke LC tek and it made me curious to know if anyone has ever PCd LC broth in a syringe, that was something like 3/4 full, did the culture poke, and then sucked sterile water into the syringe, where the myc cells could colonize inside the syringe, thereby removing all the steps involved with the jar. I feel like a 60cc syringe is enough to kick some ass for such a low effort process, if it would work. Ive been chewing on the idea for about a half hour trying to find a reason it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried this? I've never backed down from a dare, so if not, hold my beer and get your camera ready.



I don’t know shit about fuck but I wanna see this, not gonna lie.



I also dk shit about fuck. I've never even made LC before. I also dont really care about either of those things bc its going to cost me whatever trivial amount of money to make LC broth and an agar plate, so what do I have to lose? Ill def be making a post about it if it actually works out, otherwise, assume im 75 cents poorer, and a little wiser.



yeah this is easily doable. i've heard the idea before even, on the discord.



Wait, you mean to tell me I had an idea that wasn't pure idiocy?? My gf won't believe this shit!

I'm gonna give this a try and I'll report back for sure!


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28906581 -

just think, you could even write the definitive tek on it, if you wanted to.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28906582 -

Does this colonizing agar plate look okay? The mycelium looks see through.





--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #28906583 -

Call it Bad Santa TEK or something


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Jrey16]
    #28906584 -

Jrey16 said:
Does this colonizing agar plate look okay? The mycelium looks see through.







with these sort of situations i like to start over from mss if the issue doesnt resolve itself on different media or after a transfer or two. It's not to say they are definitively bad plates; i just refuse to send anything less than perfect to grain nowadays.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #28906585 -

In about 9 hours I will be leaving town and I will be gone for up to 6 days. Should I shake these jars before I leave? They were inoculated exactly a week ago.




--------------------


Edited by Jrey16 (08/10/24 01:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Jrey16] * 2
    #28906586 -

Jrey16 said:
In about 9 hours I will be leaving town and I will be gone for up to 6 days. Should I shake these jars before I leave? They were inoculated exactly a week ago.






I would


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ThurmanMurman]
    #28906587 -

ThurmanMurman said:
PBJ710 said:
ThurmanMurman said:
Is there any kind of current list of cube varieties that are actually different, like PE and Enigma and such? I haven't been able to come up with anything yet...



Something like this?  Theres probably lots of new named hybrids/isolations since then, but it's a decent start.

Genetic Backgrounds



That will help me get there anyway. Thanks! I just want to start window shopping for a variety that has a different look is all. Appreciate ya!



Check yo :pm:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Jrey16] * 1
    #28906589 -

Jrey16 said:
In about 9 hours I will be leaving town and I will be gone for up to 6 days. Should I shake these jars before I leave? They were inoculated exactly a week ago.






definitely man


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2024 | 2025 | 2026 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,201 topic views. 12 members, 146 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.202 seconds spending 0.14 seconds on 28 queries and 0.033 seconds on Sphinx.