Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1837 | 1838 | 1839 | 1840 | 1841 | 1842 | 1843 | 1844 | 1845 | 1846 | 1847 | 1848 | 1849 | 1850 | 1851 | 1852 | 1853 | 1854 | 1855 | 1856 | 1857 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: confidential] * 4
    #28795111 -

confidential said:
What is the recommended cycle time to sterilize larger bags of grain in a PC? Typically 3-5 lb bags.  I see some people say 2 hours, some say 3 and some say 3.5.  if running 3.5 how do you not run out of water?




Your rocker weight should not be dancing a crazy jig on top of your PC.  Turn the dial down incrementally until it just skips every now and then but still holds pressure at 15 psi or above.  When you find the sweet spot, mark your burner dial with a lil sharpie dot so you know where it was.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: StophJS] * 2
    #28795113 -

confidential said:
What is the recommended cycle time to sterilize larger bags of grain in a PC? Typically 3-5 lb bags.  I see some people say 2 hours, some say 3 and some say 3.5.  if running 3.5 how do you not run out of water?



Honestly, I go 4 hours. I usually run it completely packed full of bags. Might be a little overkill. I don’t run out of water because I use 4 quarts of water, vent for 20min, and don’t let the rocker hiss more than 1-2 times per min. Haven’t come close to running out even on a 4 hour cycle. I wouldn’t do less than 3 hours for bags.

StophJS said:
How long can a fully colonized jar of spawn be allowed to sit and wait before going to bulk?



I once left a sterilized jar for a few months, then inoculated it and got fruits from it. But practically, I wouldn’t leave it for more than a week. Just isn’t worth the what-ifs if it does contaminate.

EDIT:

Sorry, just realized you said a colonized jar. I’ve left them sit for a month. That’s the longest personally. Didn’t notice any performance issues.

Edited by Scrimshaw (05/31/24 11:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: confidential] * 1
    #28795149 -

confidential said:
What is the recommended cycle time to sterilize larger bags of grain in a PC? Typically 3-5 lb bags.  I see some people say 2 hours, some say 3 and some say 3.5.  if running 3.5 how do you not run out of water?



I do a little over 3 hours for 4lb bags.  I use a AA 75x so there is almost no water loss due to the toggle valve preventing any steam loss after venting.  I often run it 4 or 5 times in a row off the same fill of water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #28795335 -

Hello all,

In my neighborhood, they passed the strimmer cutting wild herbs and grass, the result is between straw and dry lawn grass.
Do you think it is worth the try to use it as a substrate for cubes, in addition to some horse manure ?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Fungify] * 7
    #28795337 -

If you haven't grown cubes before, no do not use that stuff. Use coir or straw to get a baseline of experience first. Then once you know how to work with the organisms you can grow them off nearly anything you want that holds water and stays aerated.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #28795355 -




Are these ready to spawn?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: unablefrog]
    #28795356 -

unablefrog said:



Are these ready to spawn?



Oh yeah


--------------------
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Shroomery “Clean spawn is easily the most critical component of the entire cultivation process.”
Drink the Water of Life and become Paul Muad’Dib.
Remember to surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AzureCultivator]
    #28795571 -

I hear people talking about booking aborts. What does that mean? Are people actually sticking them up their ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: catz] * 7
    #28795599 -

:judyfacepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Cliff_Hanger] * 8
    #28795611 -

If there's some OTHER way to take mushrooms I think we'd ALL like to hear about it.


--------------------
We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things. -- Earl C. Kelley

Things I really wish I knew when I started // Vacuum sealer discussion thread // Shroomery gif zoo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Yuggoth] * 6
    #28795617 -

I like to save my aborts to boof them once they have enough girth to really have an impact


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 10
    #28795628 -

its actually the real reason people pick them before the veils tear... you need that rounded cap to ease insertion:nerd:

..perfect.

Edited by mushboy (05/31/24 08:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: mushboy]
    #28795630 -

Anyone have a NSNS recipe for half pint jars? Using an old 4qt mirro matic and I can't find any tried/proven measurements in the search function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #28795632 -

If youre looking for something to boof I got just the thing for you



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: AspectOfTheCreator]
    #28795735 -

I find different information everywhere I look. What temperature and time with a dehydrator? Can a dehydrator get too hot?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ansr] * 3
    #28795759 -

ansr said:
I find different information everywhere I look. What temperature and time with a dehydrator? Can a dehydrator get too hot?



Nah, a dehydrators highest temperatures are totally safe for mushies. crank it all the way up and run them for at least 24hrs. Mine usually stay in there for a couple days before I get around to them.


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #28795774 -

Scemilope said:
ansr said:
I find different information everywhere I look. What temperature and time with a dehydrator? Can a dehydrator get too hot?



Nah, a dehydrators highest temperatures are totally safe for mushies. crank it all the way up and run them for at least 24hrs. Mine usually stay in there for a couple days before I get around to them.



:whathesaid:

Depending on the girth of your stipes, just be Sure to check em after a week in the jar. To make sure there's no bending.  And be sure to pack them away immediately upon turning off the dehydrator.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: LewDoja]
    #28795825 -

Alright folks, I got done harvesting my first flush and now I’m looking at this:

I’ve had success with a couple of fahtbags before but these surface conditions are new to me, it’s basically my first successful shoebox. It’s a lot of pins! And they’re looking kinda blue and done with the concept of growing any bigger, huh. So, I’m worried if this shit will even go on to have a second flush looking like this. Should I rake this or something? Should I PUNISH?? yeah I’ve been looking at that beef thread. Please advise.


--------------------
:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ReboantFart] * 1
    #28795852 -

ReboantFart said:
Alright folks, I got done harvesting my first flush and now I’m looking at this:

I’ve had success with a couple of fahtbags before but these surface conditions are new to me, it’s basically my first successful shoebox. It’s a lot of pins! And they’re looking kinda blue and done with the concept of growing any bigger, huh. So, I’m worried if this shit will even go on to have a second flush looking like this. Should I rake this or something? Should I PUNISH?? yeah I’ve been looking at that beef thread. Please advise.



Well done!

Punishment — sure. Beef is a master and this shoebox looks like a perfect candidate

My opinion: Remind yourself you care about these shrooms in this tub before embarking on this tek. This is training rather than domination


--------------------
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Shroomery “Clean spawn is easily the most critical component of the entire cultivation process.”
Drink the Water of Life and become Paul Muad’Dib.
Remember to surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: ReboantFart] * 1
    #28795870 -

I say don’t. Leave em and let the surface bead up again. That tub is ready to explode again.


--------------------
Astra said:

“Peace River has a gentle personality, yet TTBVI hit me like strong LSD with a twist of medical grade meth. Not for the faint of heart.”

Team Panaeolus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1837 | 1838 | 1839 | 1840 | 1841 | 1842 | 1843 | 1844 | 1845 | 1846 | 1847 | 1848 | 1849 | 1850 | 1851 | 1852 | 1853 | 1854 | 1855 | 1856 | 1857 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,527 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,153,658 topic views. 9 members, 98 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.055 seconds spending 0.031 seconds on 16 queries.