Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion?
    #27797329 -

As you know I'm giving away free copies, has anyone read and want to debate it?


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27797604 -

I don't have a lot of free time. I'm certainly curious... even though I tend to be skeptical but hopefully not to a fault, so I would like to read it eventually.

Any chance you could provide a brief thesis? :smile:


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27797654 -

I have the book (from last year) and I enjoyed reading it as a mind to mind connection to the author in the same way that I read and enjoy poetry or Rumi or other aspirational synthesis.

I was not oriented to considering it as a philosophy, but rather more as a cultural gem from one of us.

It stands on its own in this way as an art work, or expression of mind.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #27797828 -

I noticed it's not a long book, reading it now.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Rahz]
    #27798150 -

Rahz said:
Any chance you could provide a brief thesis? :smile:



Way ahead of you, it is a brief thesis :grin:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante]
    #27798244 -

Quote:
Since it is the understanding, that sets man above the rest of sensible beings, and gives him all the advantage and dominion, which he has over them; it is certainly a subject, even for its nobleness, worth our labour to inquire into. The understanding, like the eye, whilst it makes us see and perceive all other things, takes no notice of itself; and it requires art and pains to set it at a distance, and make it its own object. But, whatever be the difficulties that lie in the way of this inquiry; whatever it be, that keeps us so much in the dark to ourselves; sure I am, that all the light we can let in upon our own minds, all the acquaintance we can make with our own understandings, will not only be very pleasant, but bring us great advantage, in directing our thoughts in the search of other things.




--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: sudly]
    #27798603 -

as a shroomer, these sentences resemble, for me, the mental fruiting bodies (poetic self referencing clauses) emerging from the thicket of undergound hyphal entangled substrates (the stream of consciousness).


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27798654 -

My review: "A formidable treat inviting skeptical review"

Amazon takes a while to post it apparently.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #27799152 -

That sounds nice :smile:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante]
    #27799167 -

I read some of it, it is very nice. Did not have the strength to sign up for an amazon.com account to download it, might try again later...  you wouldn't believe me, some things just require too much work, i think they turned me into a bitcoin miner or the nsa did... so much for cybernetics when do i get bitcoin check lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante]
    #27799231 -

Asante said:
That sounds nice :smile:



I'm practicing diplomacy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #27799688 -

Why is stream of consciousness different than real thought out reasonable conjecture?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #27799768 -

Buster_Brown said:
Asante said:
That sounds nice :smile:



I'm practicing diplomacy.




That's why it sounds nice.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #27799813 -

BrendanFlock said:
Why is stream of consciousness different than real thought out reasonable conjecture?



conjectures are found as part of the stream,
the stream is an all encompassing gestalt changing within itself moment to moment.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #27800181 -

BrendanFlock said:
Why is stream of consciousness different than real thought out reasonable conjecture?



About the same as the difference between poetry and solving a geometry proof; but not quite, as poetry often has a discernible purpose, whereas a 'stream of consciousness' may be so obscure, as to have no discernible purpose, it can even lack obvious associational links.

On the other hand a 'reasonable conjecture', is purpose driven from start to finish.

Finnegans Wake, by James Joyce
appears to be 'stream of consciousness', as the associations are very hidden or obscure. In fact so much so that most consider it unreadable. Apparently a few scholars have fun finding them.

it starts thus:

"riverrun, past Eve and Adam’s, from swerve of shore to bend
of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to
Howth Castle and Environs.
Sir Tristram, violer d’amores, fr’over the short sea, had passencore rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfi ght his penisolate war: nor
had topsawyer’s rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse
to Laurens County’s gorgios while they went doublin their mumper
all the time: nor avoice from afi re bellowsed mishe mishe to
tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a
kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all’s fair in
vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a
peck of pa’s malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory
end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface."

.  Of course it's not really a spontaneous stream of consciousness, but a deliberate construction, meant to appear as one, while also encoding a message.
http://www.finwake.com/ch01/ch01.htm

Edited by laughingdog (05/31/22 01:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: laughingdog]
    #27800459 -

Neato- from the link:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante]
    #27805492 -

What is the book about? I read through some of it but I've found it difficult to pinpoint personally.

E.g. What is the central ideology?

What kind of life practices does it advise?

Is there relationship advice?

Does it have any information on remedying addiction?

Does it talk about religion?

Does it mention spirituality?

Is there information on conflict resolution between friends or partners?

Is there talk about pursuing hobbies or personal interests?

Does it speak of motivations, desire, drive or goals?

As the author I imagine you could provide decent answers to these questions. :shrug:


--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: sudly]
    #27806530 -

sudly said:
What is the book about? I read through some of it but I've found it difficult to pinpoint personally.





Just a suggestion but, perhaps read all of it and form your own opinion, especially since its only like a one hour read?

Its not unusual with books that they start with several lines of thought later on converging into a whole, which can be better understood by having followed the lines of thought into their merger.

I don't see why you're dodging reading a manuscript less than 36x longer than your posts about it.

Why this resistance?

Why should I elucidate the process of discovery that is the journey of the book, before you undertake the journey of the book?

Do you do this with other books you read? Did you send a letter back in time to ask the same of John Locke before reading An Essay On Human Understanding?

Its important that you read it in your way so you arrive at your own conclusions.


Why this sabotage?


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: Asante]
    #27806533 -

It's pretty unusual to have an author available for Q&A, but I may have been mistaken in thinking this was such an occasion. 

I've been to a book launching before and the Q&A was insightful and delightful..


--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anyone want to discuss the philosophy of Omnicyclion? [Re: sudly]
    #27807937 -

Not so with me :cookiemonster:

Read it, and if you have any questions I'd be happy to engage you in discussion :smile:

You were given a book at no expense to you and your reaction to it is to want to spare yourself the expense of reading it.

If you are that unwilling to invest in a book, I doubt any good will come of it.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Philosophy...
( 1 2 all )
korins 1,753 22 10/20/06 12:03 PM
by Veritas
* Frustration with Philosophy RebelSteve33 1,502 10 12/12/02 09:55 AM
by 3eyedgod
* Philosophy 101 TODAY 2,302 19 07/08/06 08:11 AM
by Panoramix
* Bad Philosophy Is Inconsistent
( 1 2 3 4 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 8,566 72 02/16/06 09:20 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Philosophy: Who needs it?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,290 24 05/27/08 08:51 AM
by zouden
* Selfishness is Good
( 1 2 all )
Swami 4,054 37 04/18/04 05:40 AM
by GazzBut
* Eastern philosophies...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
UnenlightenedOne 8,838 65 02/29/16 09:09 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P chemkid 1,594 6 10/10/02 10:47 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,574 topic views. 0 members, 90 guests and 32 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.