Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | Next > | Last >
OfflineTrancedOutBrah
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: viraldrome] * 1
    #27483878 - 09/27/21 12:54 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

viraldrome said:
Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:

Ah well, if people want to risk covid and not get the vaccine, ultimately that's on them and if they end up fucked, well you had your chance :shrug:

They can still overwhelm local hospitals.

They can? You mean they are.

Antivax dumb fucks are completely overwhelming the U.S. hospitals.

Current wait time for the ER in Texas is well over 10 hours.

--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehummingbird

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #27484232 - 09/27/21 06:31 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

So I've changed my mind because of this thread.

My intention was to point out there's risks on both sides of the coin, and maybe try to show some of you that not all people choosing not to get the shot are ignorant(or one of the many other insults thrown around in this thread). I realized my time spent arguing/discussing the possible vaccine side effects and talking about my concerns from personal accounts isn't helping in the big picture. Since most of you have already gotten the shot, it's just going to possibly add fear and stress to the situation. I see that from both sides of this debate, and I don't think it's helping anyone's health.

So it's the secondary infection going on that I've been most concerned with. The one that's turning us against each other in a time when we need each other most. It feels kind of like the nothing from the movie neverending story going on right now. Our words and thoughts are powerful. Call it magic or quantum physics, they can affect the world around us more than we now. Not just negatively, but positively as well. We should be careful what we are projecting towards each other in all of this. Call that crazy, ignorant, or toxically optimistic, but there's something to it I promise.

I know my posts in here have been long and ranting. Thanks for anyone who is actually taking the time to read them. It takes time and energy on both sides of that. I hope you can relate or get something out of some of my posts, I have from some of yours in here. We can agree to disagree, and most of us are on the same team whether we know it or not.

@Mr.Guesswork- Yeah man I've noticed that too. It sucks. I want the vaccine to have no side effects and people to stop get messed up from the virus too. Unfortunately for now, that's not how things are going exactly. Thanks for being observant and honest.

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: hummingbird]
    #27484251 - 09/27/21 06:49 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Also, I was looking at some fermentations I have going on and thought about this. Some bacteria, especially lacto varieties, are capable of enzymatically breaking down proteins into their component amino acids. It got me thinking about how that could apply to all this talk of spike proteins and this virus in general. These studies don't specifically say or prove what I just said, but are absolutely worth checking out because I think it's a big piece of this puzzle...

https://www.umassmed.edu/news/news-archives/2021/01/a-healthy-microbiome-builds-a-strong-immune-system-that-could-help-defeat-covid-19/

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/make-up-of-gut-microbiome-may-influence-covid-19-severity-and-immune-response/

https://www.nature.com/articles/news.2011.159

Vaccinated or not, I hope you are at least occasionally supplementing your diet with vitamins, but don't forget your microbiome. We are outnumbered at least 10 to 1 cell wise by microbes in our bodies. You have massive armies of microbes inside you that will fight for you however they can, because their life depends on yours. We are just beginning to understand just how important our microbiome is, but we know it's crucial in helping many things from our immune system to our mood. I'm absolutely fascinated by the microbiome and all it does/might do. I just wanted to share that because science is cool.

Take the best care of yourselves you can and be safe out there guys. I care about you and your friends and families, whether you can see that or not.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: hummingbird]
    #27484257 - 09/27/21 06:54 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Proteins get broken down into amino acids in the duodenum via enzymes made in the pancreas. It’s one of the primary functions of the digestive system.

My dad had to take supplementary enzymes because he had part of his pancreas removed. You have to take the pill whole and cannot chew it, otherwise it would start digesting the inside of your mouth

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (09/27/21 06:57 PM)

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27484273 - 09/27/21 07:07 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I believe that, but microbes are capable of that as well. We have trillions inside us, some are no doubt helping that breakdown process too.

There's a lot of foods that contain enzymes too, they are specific in what they break down...ie proteolytic for protein, Amylase for carbohydrates/starches...

Pineapple, kiwi, ginger, papaya are all good food sources of proteolytic enzymes.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: hummingbird] * 1
    #27484391 - 09/27/21 09:02 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I was trying to say that my microbiome was keeping me from getting seriously ill with COVID despite frequent exposure before it was cool :mushroom2:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27484402 - 09/27/21 09:09 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

There’s no way to know if your microbiome is helpful or not. Certainly not something I would rely on to prevent a disease

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27484420 - 09/27/21 09:16 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I overheard a conversation in line the other day. This woman is a hospice nurse and was talking about their covid patients. How do covid patients end up in hospice? I assumed if they were so sick they need mechanical ventilators that without the vents they would die in minutes.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflinePsion
Sage
    #27484430 - 09/27/21 09:19 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

i would not rely on your bacteria to kill coronavirus for you. the vast majority of viruses out there are microbe hunters, not infectious to humans or other macroscopic organisms at all. its technically the bacteria that fear viruses in general. (and even viruses that fear other viruses!)

most viruses are actually the good guys, keeping the microbe world from overrunning the earth. they're the predators that keep the other microbes populations in check. its just that there's a few bad apples in the bunch that hunt us down instead - though you could debate that perhaps they're doing humanity a service in the long run...

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Psion] * 1
    #27484438 - 09/27/21 09:23 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

It’s viruses that turn the beneficial E. coli bacteria in your microbiome into disease causing organisms

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#27484453 - 09/27/21 09:30 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I overheard a conversation in line the other day. This woman is a hospice nurse and was talking about their covid patients. How do covid patients end up in hospice? I assumed if they were so sick they need mechanical ventilators that without the vents they would die in minutes.

almost certainly just people in hospice who happen to have COVID but the COVID isn't the #1 thing killing them. or maybe it becomes that reason for some- depends on whether they caught the COVID before they got to the hospice facility or after.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27484459 - 09/27/21 09:33 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

and yeah now that we have a working vaccine I don't run my mouth about how "maybe if you have a health gut microbiome you'll be safe" because like, yeah, maybe, we we don't even have a metric for defining health of a human microbiome

eating fruits and vegetables is almost certainly good for YOU, reader. I'll just leave it at that

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27484494 - 09/27/21 10:08 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

koods said:

almost certainly just people in hospice who happen to have COVID but the COVID isn't the #1 thing killing them. or maybe it becomes that reason for some- depends on whether they caught the COVID before they got to the hospice facility or after.

No she was talking about the patients that leave the hospital after covid who need hospice care

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#27484515 - 09/27/21 10:21 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

not everyone who is on a ventilator would die "within minutes" if you took them off. i cant speak to specifically what you're talking about though. plenty of people who get sick with COVID clear the infection but never recover

also a lot of people conflate bipap and ventilators in their understandings and references and this adds to the confusion.

someone with an advanced directive may get very ill with COVID and not want to have invasive ventilation performed, and would prefer to seek only palliative services.

there is also, believe it or not, a population of people who move from hospitals to hospices who are actively dying of something other than COVID who just also happen to be testing positive for COVID so they have to be kept separate from everyone else (which is huge deal, logistically, for small healthcare businesses like that)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27484540 - 09/27/21 10:41 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblehummingbird

#27484596 - 09/27/21 11:53 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I know most viruses infect bacteria. They've been dealing with that for billions of years. As far as we know, covid doesn't infect bacteria though.

I didn't say it could completely prevent you from getting it, and the studies don't say that. They do say it's very likely to help reduce severity  once infected with field work to back it up. It's a huge part of your immune system. That part has been known for years now. Prevention? maybe. Reaction and response to diseases? Absolutely. To what degree no one really knows yet...

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: hummingbird] * 2
    #27484599 - 09/27/21 11:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Everyone- Just an update from the Southeast USA_

Not many people are wearing masks. People are gathering in large groups without social distancing or masks.

Even though the hospitals here locally are completely full and people are standing outside bleeding out with gunshot wounds.

Is this happening where you are? WTF is wrong with people.

Humans are so fucked - WEAR A DAMN MASK. I mean what the royal fuck!? IT really pisses me off so much that I have become "racist" against people who don't mask up going into public places.

Like I actually feel hate towards them. Which I don't like becasee I"m not a hateful person- but when people are dying because of it... yeah... hate is a strong word.

Like this entire pandemic could basically be over right now- but we're going into winter and it's gonna get worse. I just don't fucking get it.

Sorry for the language and the rant :frown::feelsweirdman:

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Fiery]
    #27484732 - 09/28/21 05:32 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Oh I get it. They think they are the good guys, standing up against government tyranny.

There's no changing their minds. I have a good friend who in EVERY OTHER WAY is an intelligent, thoughtful, loyal, funny, rational human being. But he refuses to get vaccinated and only reluctantly wears the same shitty t-shirt material mask he started the pandemic with (not joking, he only has one mask that he bought early 2020) that fits poorly and doesn't do anything.

I'm going to get my booster today, but I'm getting an antibody test beforehand just out of curiosity.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Onlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Fiery]
    #27484880 - 09/28/21 09:08 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hummingbird said:
So I've changed my mind because of this thread.

:nodofunderstanding:

Quote:

Fiery said:
Like this entire pandemic could basically be over right now- but we're going into winter and it's gonna get worse. I just don't fucking get it.

Sorry for the language and the rant :frown::feelsweirdman:

Yep.  If you look at the USA data, if the data trend continues throughout this winter like it did last winter then we will be in a world of hurt:

Data source: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #27484895 - 09/28/21 09:23 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:

Yep.  If you look at the USA data, if the data trend continues throughout this winter like it did last winter then we will be in a world of hurt:

Besides people being idiots one of the reasons I think is of course because of the Holidays and people getting exposed more but also because of humidity levels.

I know I saw a video one time of just how far particles go when it's humid outside and it's like 15 feet or more ( or something like that- sorry no inks/sources)

At least where I live and in lots of places, winter is very rarely dry

the humidity stays higher leading to much higher infection rates.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains