Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Effects of eating mold?
    #2673585 - 05/13/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the situation...

I had some P. Mexicana sclerotica sitting around for a day or two drying. Well, while drying a few of the sclerotica became covered in what looks like your garden variety bread mold.

Now, my crazy father used to always scrape the mold off the coupla day old bread and eat it, and he never died. So, a coupla pieces of slightly moldy sclerotica wont kill me, will it?

Its strictly on the surface. One of the infected sclerotica was dissected in the name of science and the interior is completely normal.

Feedback, please,at your leisure. I wont be eating these until I have a consensus decision.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Effects of eating mold? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2674711 - 05/13/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Remember basic mushroom/contam scenario. Mycelium carry nutrients throughout the whole fungus... Now if molds produce toxins... then they would travel through it as well.

Now what kind of mold it was? Are you sure it was mold? You know mycelium can bruise in the air. Even after handling it. If i iknew it was mold, i wouldnt eat it.

I would get a second opinion. Some people grow shrooms out on cakes with their contams killed. The poison doesnt die though.

--------------------
What?

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#2674815 - 05/13/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not at all positive that its mold. Considering it was sclerotica, which is just very dense little mycellium balls, i think it very well could be mycelium regrowth, however, it looked a bit too dark.

I guarantee it isnt on all of the fruits. out of 100 or so grams, there are probably 15 that have this on them, and it seems pretty localized....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#2680234 - 05/14/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Not many molds I can think of are true toxin-producers, but the real risk with molds is allergic reactions.  These can have a variety of symptoms, some of which might seem like a toxin was consumed.  We have to be careful in saying 'it's OK' because there are the people out there who will get very sick from eating [or breathing] something that others have no problem with.  So the general rule of advice is to not mess around with mold. 
That having been said, the truth is that a majority of people can eat the majority of molds with absolutely no reaction. 

Wanna gamble?  :wink:

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#2684965 - 05/16/04 02:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I understand what you mean.  I just cant take it very seriously, as I'm sure I've consumed mold lots of time in my starving college "I'll eat anything" days.  :smile:

Thanks for your all your help, boys and girls....

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum