Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
WHAT KINDA MOLDS MAKE YOU SICK?
    #2016053 - 10/16/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

left my jars to sit for 3 weeks wihout ever looking at them...came back today and each one had like a different mold growing in it

so when i went to empty them outside im pretty sure i inhaled a bunch or got some on my hands and rubbed my eye or some stupid shit

is there any specific molds to look out for and what happens if you inhaled bad mold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: WHAT KINDA MOLDS MAKE YOU SICK? [Re: liftedoff420]
    #2016351 - 10/16/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ANY MOLD COULD MAKE YOU SICK. IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR ALLERGIC TOO.

There are a few black molds known to be especially nasty.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: WHAT KINDA MOLDS MAKE YOU SICK? [Re: baraka]
    #2016662 - 10/16/03 10:51 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.indoorpurifiers.com/mold.htm
Health Effects of Mold (particularly on respiratory system)

Most types of fungi mold that are commonly found in indoor environments can result in the aggravation of respiratory conditions, such as asthma, allergies, sinus infections, etc. It thrives in dark and damp conditions, regardless of how warm or cold the temperature. Mold is a common trigger of asthma, allergies, and other respiratory problems, but it is not normally lethal (at least in the short term), with the exception of "Stachybotrys" mold.

Children in homes with high mold show persistent, cold-like symptoms - 300% more than average. Also, according to the Mayo Clinic, most cases of sinusitis is a result of indoor molds.

How Mold causes Respiratory Problems (such as asthma and allergies)

Most household molds are made of microscopic yeasts and mold species. They cause health problems (respiratory problems in particular) by releasing microscopic spores into the air, which carry mycotoxins, which cause the spore to be allergenic (allergy-causing) and toxic. These airborne spores stay alive by consuming nutrients from organic material, which is readily found in the home. These include wood, paper, dust, food, etc.

Mold spores are small enough to remain airborne, and enter the respiratory through inhalation. The mycotoxin carried by the spore then causes toxic and allergic reactions when inside the air ways and respiratory system. This results in illness and breathing problems for those who suffer from any type of respiratory-related condition, such as asthma, allergies, nasal infections, COPD, emphysema, etc.

Stachybotrys Mold (the "deadly" mold)

Stachybotrys causes bleeding in the lungs. This can be fatal for infants and pregnant women. The Stachybotrys mold spores are inhaled into the lungs, where they weaken the blood vessels, which causes the lungs to bleed. Coughing up blood and frequent nosebleeds are symptoms of stachybotrys poisening. Stachybotrys is found in wet areas, such as places affected by leaky pipes, or within or on walls exposed to excessive moisture. Stachybotrys mold is wet, black, and slimy, and it smears when touched.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: WHAT KINDA MOLDS MAKE YOU SICK? [Re: liftedoff420]
    #2017500 - 10/17/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've done what you described many times, and kick myself each time I do it.  The vast majority of the time the molds you cultivate on grain are benign. . .that having been said, what baraka said is absolutely correct;  Even benign molds can be allergenic to some people, even to the point of hospitilization.  Some people develop allergies to oyster spores after working in the business for a period of time.  These things that proliferate on grain are not likely to make a 'proliferative' jump to a mammalian host, but they can certainly be allergenic.  Each and every time you get a lungfull of mold spores your body responds, and perhaps one of the times it will begin responding with anaphylaxis.  It should also be said that most people will not develop these hypersensitivities, however the statistics seem to indicate that hypersensitivities are on the rise in the US.  MUCH better to exercise preventive measures. . .treat these mold jars as something toxic.  A decent way is to fill a bucket with 10% bleach water, and slowly open the jars while submerged.  The jars should fill with this liquid [try not to get massive bubbling, this can produce airborne material in itself].  You can then tighten the lids, remove from the bucket, let sit for an hour, then go about removing the material more safely.
Trust me, you don't want to develop allergies to anything unnecessarily;  Imagine being an old wo/man who can't even throw away a moldy piece of bread :wink:  Good luck! 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale