Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | | Last >
Re: Sanders [Re: koods] * 1
    #26428188 -

If you haven't seen the Biden bias, you're not paying attention.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26428195 -

34,843


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: koods] * 1
    #26428205 -

koods said:
SirTripAlot said:
It could, but the heading "NO CLEAR LEADER" has the largest font, and is the first thing one sees. I havent seen many polls with headings like that.



And it’s a totally accurate headline. There is no clear leader. I’m gonna vote for sanders but Jesus Christ his supporters are snowflakes



Have been a Bernie supporter since 2015,
and am aware of the media bias against him
but unclear on what else people expect -- a false news story in his favour saying he has a clear lead in spite of the facts?

Arguably, an honest portrayal is the least that mainstream media should be expected to be doing,
considering said bias against him

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Tantrika] * 2
    #26428217 -

Tantrika said:
and am aware of the media bias against him
but unclear on what else people expect -- a false news story in his favour saying he has a clear lead in spite of the facts?



How about "Bernie leads in Iowa" and then note that his lead is within the margin of error in the story.  They've done far more than that for Biden.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26428222 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Tantrika said:
and am aware of the media bias against him
but unclear on what else people expect -- a false news story in his favour saying he has a clear lead in spite of the facts?



How about "Bernie leads in Iowa" and then note that his lead is within the margin of error in the story.  They've done far more than that for Biden.  :shrug:



So you would revise the image by changing the text and making the note regarding margin of error larger?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26428242 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
They've done far more than that for Biden.  :shrug:



Think this is my real point of confusion
do not recall anyone approving of it being done for Biden when it was happening
so do not comprehend the desire to see it done for Bernie
do we want a candidate to face off against Trump with a bunch of cushy mainstream media support behind them?
or do we want someone who can square off against him on even ground?

Have trouble with the sentiment that since unfair treatment was given in favour of someone that unfair treatment should be given in favour of others
it's like saying it's okay for other countries to make military aggressions because the US gets away with it -- the opposite should be the case, the push against the US getting away with it should be harder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26428359 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Tantrika said:
and am aware of the media bias against him
but unclear on what else people expect -- a false news story in his favour saying he has a clear lead in spite of the facts?



How about "Bernie leads in Iowa" and then note that his lead is within the margin of error in the story.  They've done far more than that for Biden.  :shrug:



Pretty much the common theme in the media is Biden’s lead isn’t real and he’s not going to actually get the nomination. So yeah I guess you’re right about a Biden bias.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: koods]
    #26428369 -

Lol this is pretty much the typical Biden story.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about Falcon is he’s simply incapable of recognizing bias when that bias supports his agenda.



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26428380 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Tantrika said:
and am aware of the media bias against him
but unclear on what else people expect -- a false news story in his favour saying he has a clear lead in spite of the facts?



How about "Bernie leads in Iowa" and then note that his lead is within the margin of error in the story.  They've done far more than that for Biden.  :shrug:



“No clear leader” is a totally appropriate headline when the candidates are within the margin of error. You see a lack of bias as bias. 🤪


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: koods] * 2
    #26428400 -

Just like all of the "errors" in reporting poll standings throughout this cycle, nobody would care so much if it seemed to cut in all directions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26428416 -

They probably do. You just don’t notice when it’s not hurting your guy.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: koods] * 2
    #26428439 -

Maybe, but I don't think so.
I felt strongly enough about it to attend a protest last cycle and I haven't seen anything to change my opinion.  The positive bias shifts constantly.  Just ask Warren or Beto.  The negative bias stays trained firmly on Bernie with only slight deviations here or there.  At least the blackout seems to be over for now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26428468 -

Brian Jones said:
qman said:
Brian Jones said:
In the last two days I have read stories in the MSM about Trump and Biden going after Bernie. This is great news as it demonstrates that those two and the mainstream has been forced to recognize that Sanders is a real threat to win.

It is becoming increasingly difficult for the media to marginalize Sanders' campaign. Besides the young, and confirmed lefties, Bernie is picking up momentum from the segments that got Trump elected, the large segment of the working class that is disillusioned, and rural voters. The latter is evidenced in his good Iowa numbers. 

If Bernie is the nominee he instantly gets a bunch more support. without making any conscious effort to lump them into one bloc, women will support him against Trump, and that includes black women. Black men favor Biden currently, but if he's out of the way, they still vote Democrat. Hispanics will vote for Bernie. I don't know his policy on new immigration (certainly less radical than AOC's abolishing ICE), but I don't believe Bernie will deport anyone who is here now. Bernie will have the most rational policies with Israel of any president in history, and it wont cost him many Jewish votes, because they weren't buying what Trump was selling.

With each passing week it looks more and more like Bernie Sanders will be the next President.
I don't know how much he can accomplish, but I think medicine, higher taxes on the rich, staying out of unnecessary foreign wars and financial regulation can all be pushed through.



Congress will not approve any of those issues, not gonna happen. 

Also, I think Trump might do even better with women now. I wouldn't underestimate that possibility.



I think a Sanders victory would provide a different congress, but you might be right.

I am always curious why you think the elites are an unstoppable force in repelling economic changes that would benefit most, yet you believe that the elites who benefit greatly from illegal immigration could be stopped on that issue.

At any rate I would be glad to take a friendly small wager that Trump doesn't do better with women this time. Actually I don't know how it could be verified. No one really knows how someone voted. We could use some agreed on polling results.



I agree, trying to limit any form of immigration is a fruitless effort. Hell, Trump actually brags about bringing in legal immigrants to fuck over US workers.

I know Trump did better with women than most on the left thought was possible in 2016. So it will be interesting how it works this time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: qman] * 1
    #26428519 -

Trump's Persian tweet was in support of the current protests in Iran, that wants Khamenei to step down.

I guess that must be something the US would like to happen, so Trump's adding his weight to it. 

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-News/Iranian-protesters-demand-Khamenei-quits-over-plane-downing-613857


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: JohnRainy]
    #26428521 -

Lol


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: koods]
    #26428525 -

The problem with Iran is they don’t have laws that allow you to run over protesters


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: koods] * 3
    #26428656 -

Pretty good weak for Bernie:

Leads in Iowa
Leads in NH
Reuters/Ipsos poll has him leading nationally
Nevada poll has him in 1st


Only question remains is whether the pundits will commit seppuku before declaring Sanders the frontrunner.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #26428663 -

The Ecstatic said:
Pretty good weak for Bernie:



OMG LOOK AT THIS SUBLIMINAL ANTI-BERNIE BIAS


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 2
    #26428721 -

Polls are famously unreliable. The polls (even the polls of the polls like realclearpolitics) had trump losing the last presidential election by a wide margin.

The reality is that bernie still has a lot of work to do, and so do his supporters. But it's also a reality that he's on the path to winning this primary. I think he's the only candidate that the democratic party can really unify around. Even if we lose, at least it'll seem like the democratic party actually stands for things or believes in things or has ideas.

Biden is just an enormous mistake. He'll alienate half the base, and make the other half not give a fuck. Bernie at least actually believes in things.

In terms of actual primary math, bernie can afford to lose some conservative states if he picks up the major blue states like California. The primary isn't over with Iowa and New Hampshire. I imagine he'll lose a number of conservative states even if he wins big. I'm somewhat more interested in the polls of places like texas, new york, washington, colorado, etc. than say south carolina.

Edited by nooneman (01/11/20 07:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sanders [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #26428729 -

The Ecstatic said:
Pretty good weak for Bernie:

Leads in Iowa
Leads in NH
Reuters/Ipsos poll has him leading nationally
Nevada poll has him in 1st


Only question remains is whether the pundits will commit seppuku before declaring Sanders the frontrunner.



:toast:


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | | Last >

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poll: 20% of White Democrats Vote McCain If Obama Is The Nominee lonestar2004 1,575 16 03/01/08 01:49 AM
by KillerPicklez
* Super Tuesday: Democrats outpolled Reps by 6 million. blackegg 1,363 13 02/29/08 02:04 AM
by fireworks_god
* TRUMP 2024
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2127 2128 )
XUL 502,122 42,548 10/07/26 05:34 AM
by dinosaurs
* Notice To Incumbent Democrats Up For Reelection In 2014:
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
starfire_xes 5,516 174 11/22/13 07:32 PM
by zappaisgod
* Are Democrats Creeping Into Contention? lonestar2004 1,679 2 06/22/05 10:24 PM
by Ravus
* Social Engineering by Democrats Destroys the World's Financial Markets
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Phred 8,368 97 10/17/08 01:18 AM
by riceandpeas
* Senate Democrats say their rookies strayed on FISA discombobulate 517 2 08/09/07 04:37 AM
by Seuss
* Democrats Panick Over Obuma's New Power Plant Regulations
( 1 2 3 all )
Stonehenge 2,573 56 06/16/14 04:18 PM
by Luddite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
89,617 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.