Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Nichrome]
    #26406779 -

Grain water lc. Pan cyan 'gator'


I make beer lc too and it works great. There is some sediment but it seems to just give the Mycelium something to cling onto.


--------------------


Germinating old spores progress page
how to calibrate your Martha



:spiralflip::spiralflip:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: spiritlands]
    #26411355 -

My first LME LC's are kicking ass!
5 days in and they're 3/4 colonized. I can't believe I used to wait a month for my old school Karo broth jars to colonize, and even then they didn't seem as dense or healthy.
My question is, when I test the LC on agar how long should I wait for it to grow out to check for contams?
I've had trich pop up in a couple dishes quite a while after inoculation. How long does it take for trich spores to germinate and become visible?
Happy New Year


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Nichrome]
    #26412808 -

Back in the day, like 20 years ago, when I was doing BRF cakes and I was too impatient to wait for them to fruit I used to blender them up with some water and lemon juice or vitamin C, boil them for a minute, steep for 20 min and strain. About one cake per cup worked pretty well. It's a waste compared to fruiting them but it does work.


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Digit]
    #26416086 -

I have a 0.8% nutes/500 ml LME broth that has been colonizing around 19-20 days since inoculation.

You guys think is ready or it needs more time?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #26416246 -

Mr. Alien said:
I have a 0.8% nutes/500 ml LME broth that has been colonizing around 19-20 days since inoculation.

You guys think is ready or it needs more time?



EDIT:

Asura said:
I like it when it looks like a horse blew a load in the jar





How long it takes to reach this level of colonization? 1 month?

DAMN SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST WAS ACCIDENTAL, I THOUGHT I WAS EDITING the previous post.

Edited by Mr. Alien (01/04/20 04:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #26416288 -

Mr. Alien said:
I have a 0.8% nutes/500 ml LME broth that has been colonizing around 19-20 days since inoculation.

You guys think is ready or it needs more time?





I'd test on agar/of cake. The culture shouldn't be all settled at the bottom(lazy) and the broth looks all cloudy.
:2cents:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26416311 -

mushboy said:
Mr. Alien said:
I have a 0.8% nutes/500 ml LME broth that has been colonizing around 19-20 days since inoculation.

You guys think is ready or it needs more time?





I'd test on agar/of cake. The culture shouldn't be all settled at the bottom(lazy) and the broth looks all cloudy.
:2cents:



I'll test today. Is pan cyan by the way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26416456 -

mushboy said:
I'd test on agar/of cake. The culture shouldn't be all settled at the bottom(lazy) and the broth looks all cloudy.
:2cents:



I don't think that the settling to the bottom is a problem, if you let it sit it can settle. I've had a few LC's like the one on the image (except the cloudy appearence) and they came out really clean 20/20 tubs fruited well.

The ONLY real way of telling its cleanliness is agar (as you said), everything else is guesswork, except when an obvious green island is floating on the top:D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: eLeSDenes]
    #26416469 -

Well, if i turn off the stirrer it will settle right? this is the second time i make LC and both times it settled without the stirrer on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Mr. Alien] * 1
    #26416609 -

These haven't changed much in a few days now, maybe a week even, I think it's time to test em and see what happens!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: MLPismyOPSEC]
    #26416642 -

i like the way those look:awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26417452 -

Hey guys, looking to go for my first try at lc. Will dumping an agar wedge of clean growth (say 1cm x 1cm) in 250ml of sterilized lme water work? Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Shr00merN00ber]
    #26417457 -

I think if any clean myc no matter how small gets in there you’re good.

Lc is the shit.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Shr00merN00ber]
    #26417460 -

Shr00merN00ber said:
Hey guys, looking to go for my first try at lc. Will dumping an agar wedge of clean growth (say 1cm x 1cm) in 250ml of sterilized lme water work? Cheers



You can use microscopic fragments of myc if you want.

Expansion is fun
:thaaannks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26417829 -

Thanks for the heads up. Will go for a trial in a while. I saw the tek with the needle merely piercing the mycelium and it is enough. Can I post a pic of my plate here and maybe you can tell me if it's ready/clean enough for LC? Cheers for all your help guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Shr00merN00ber]
    #26417899 -

Sure. I like pictures:popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: mushboy]
    #26418687 -

Sorry, got too baked to upload photos last night! So here is my jar and plate. I noticed some sediment forming after the pc run. Don't think it will hurt myc growth though right?



I'm noticing the mycelium in my plates isnt exactly that bright bright white. Is this looking ok?

Edited by Shr00merN00ber (01/06/20 02:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Shr00merN00ber]
    #26425220 -

I dreamed last night I was drinking a combination pro-biotic microdose beverage made of Psiloybe mycelium grown in LME broth mixed with kombucha.
I woke up wondering if anyone has tried drinking an LC before. I'm very curious to know if it has any perceptible effect. Even if it's just a microdose, I find the idea intriguing for the novelty of it.

Anyway the reason I'm posting is becuz I just put my new LC's on MEA plates to test them. How long should I wait for contams to show up before I call them clean? 

Thanks


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Digit]
    #26425275 -

verum subsequentis said:
"LC test on agar"




Those pics were probably at two days. I can't remember. I know that i can usually be fairly certain of cleanliness/ filthiness  at 2 or 3 days. Apparently i don't have any pictures of test plates a little farther along. This is surprising. Oh well.





--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making Liquid Culture [Re: Camera93]
    #26425293 -

You guys test them with a loop?

I just used one to swipe some old ms Lcs and see what happens. I shook them up then just dipped the loop in and swiped. Nothing noticeable so far it’s been like 18 hours.

A couple pieces of myc did come out on the loop and stick to the plates so I thought they’d be doing something pretty quick but so far they’re just little blobs. Guess it needs recovery time after shaking grain so prob does now too.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 1st Liquid Culture, arrrgh! Seril 15,609 10 02/28/06 08:35 PM
by Limelight_Liver
* Starting a simple liquid culture method Garret_Hill 10,003 3 03/11/02 09:49 AM
by YourHighness
* Easy Liquid Culture Container Tek SixTango 21,798 7 01/17/12 04:59 PM
by dubyastep
* Liquid Cultures to Bulk Substrate Prodijal_Son 19,226 7 05/05/20 03:40 AM
by poisoned
* liquid culture failure gray1 6,497 3 07/19/01 09:37 PM
by Azure
* liquid culture using h2o2 baja 10,005 14 03/09/17 10:00 PM
by 3B3B4E
* Liquid culture inoculation of straw... possible? The FUnGal FiEnD 7,997 9 05/26/13 04:57 PM
by cronicr
* Liquid culture for alkaloids?? Dr. Slavic 977 3 01/26/03 06:29 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
96,316 topic views. 22 members, 346 guests and 278 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.