Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2584649 - 04/20/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PHARMAKOS said:
. . .kottonmouth, who was called a rambling, hatefull lunatic for simply saying he trusts the validity of his own experience.

I remember saying that he was sort of a rambling lunatic, but who are you to tell me that I said it because of my perception that I think he has faith that his subjective experiences are valid? Don't project onto me. I don't remember calling him hateful either.

Quote:

He doesnt need the consesnus of the whole population to make his own experiences valid. This does not make him a rambling lunatic . . .

Oh, is that why I said that I thought he was a rambling lunatic? Thanks for telling me.

Quote:

and i for one dont blame him for calling the person who said that an asshole

Are you judging me by a double standard? Perhaps he called me an asshole because I expressed my opinion. Why can't I say that I think he's a bit of a rambling lunatic?

Quote:

although a more accurate response would have been 'your probably a nice person but that particulat comment made you seem like an asshole'

Thank you for that concession. I admit that I should have said, "You seem like a rambling lunatic."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: ]
    #2584655 - 04/20/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said: As for there not being anything to explain, there isnt. You guys are just being whack, how are you gonna sit there and ask what love is?

I wasn't asking you to explain what love is. I wanted you to explain what you mean by saying that love is all there is and that we're on the path to love. These might be nicely emotional metaphors, but they seem meaningless to me, so I asked you to explain them.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: Swami]
    #2584681 - 04/20/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
So if sclorch had a warm, cuddly puppy as a boy, he would not be the drug fiend he is today?

he DOES have a warm, cuddly puppy.

his name is Justin.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Anonymous

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2584852 - 04/20/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

it cant be explained, it must be felt. you will remember when u leave your body.

besides that, you say "but they seem meaningless to me" so i already know even if i had an explaination it wouldnt matter to u, it would be a total waste of my time, just like this is.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2584885 - 04/20/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>You guys are just being whack, how are you gonna sit there and ask what love is? dont you ever feel it?
>i am not stupid i know you do, so why are you acting like u dont know wtf love is?
-You feel love. You hold the view that your experience is the norm of all experience. I swear, I find so many examples of the word "egocentrism" I should probably put in in my sig.

>any religion points to love, just take a look.
-Does that include killing a person for boiling a goat in it's mothers milk?

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2584897 - 04/20/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

" I swear, I find so many examples of the word "egocentrism" I should probably put in in my sig"

I hope you are not saying that from a high position because every person falls into the category of egocentric. Survival.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2584921 - 04/20/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"I remember saying that he was sort of a rambling lunatic, but who are you to tell me that I said it because of my perception that I think he has faith that his subjective experiences are valid? Don't project onto me. I don't remember calling him hateful either"

ok...
well you called him a rambeling lunatic immediatly after he expressed his oppinion that "his subjective experiences are valid" so i could only assume thats what you were talking about. go up and read the post you were replying to, at least thats how it came across to me. If i was wrong i apologize. Im not trying to 'project onto you' although i cant be sure as i dont know what that means...

And you didnt call him hatefull, but someone else did for calling you an asshole.

And no, im not judging you by a double standard, i just dont think you should call people lunatics, its just goin to lower the quality of discussion and drive people away from these boards because they dont feel safe giving there oppinions.

Sure that goes just as well for him calling you an asshole, but i emphathize with him just because you started that with an unnescesary insult.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2584947 - 04/20/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>I hope you are not saying that from a high position because every person falls into the category of egocentric.
-I'm certainly not saying that everyone is egocentric. But the fact that you think everyone is egocentric reflects your own egocentrism.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2585246 - 04/20/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said: besides that, you say "but they seem meaningless to me" so i already know even if i had an explaination it wouldnt matter to u, it would be a total waste of my time, just like this is.

That is incorrect. If I assumed that you couldn't give a meaningful answer then I would not have asked. I also highly doubt that you are unable to clarify your thoughts any further.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2585265 - 04/20/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PHARMAKOS said:
If i was wrong i apologize. Im not trying to 'project onto you' although i cant be sure as i dont know what that means...

Apology accepted.

By "project" I mean that you are attributing characteristics or qualities to my actions which were not present when they were executed (you projected the reasons why they were carried out).

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you... [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2587867 - 04/21/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"I'm certainly not saying that everyone is egocentric."

EVERYONE is ego centric, from the moment every person alive left thier mothers womb and took that first breath, they entered the realm of ego, never to return.. Almost everything people do these days is around bettering thier life , for 'better' or worse, catch my flow?

" But the fact that you think everyone is egocentric reflects your own egocentrism.
"
The fact you felt the need to defend yourself indirectly from me calling people egocentric says that you are egocentric as well :lol: ... The last few weeks you have been using the word egocentric to seem like some kind of 'sin' or something that is 'wrong', when in actuallity, we are all egocentric... just some more then others. :yesnod:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2590547 - 04/22/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>The last few weeks you have been using the word egocentric
-I have been using these definitions:
...Holding the view that the ego is the center, object, and norm of all experience.
...Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a center.
...Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.

>like some kind of 'sin' or something that is 'wrong'
-I don't believe in sin. I have been using the word egocentric to describe ways of thinking. You are probably refering to the definition that I haven't been using, the ones you probably consider to be wrong.
...Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.
...Caring only about oneself; selfish.

>EVERYONE is ego centric
-Egocentric is taking your personal experience and accepting it as the norm of all experience. In your experience you have found yourself to be egocentric and, by the very excersize of the definition, you assume everyone else is too. I find that very ironic.

Not everyone takes their experience and takes it to be absolute. Some people are altruistic and with sacrifice for others. This covers both the definitions I was using and what your misconstrued.

>The fact you felt the need to defend yourself indirectly from me calling people egocentric says that you are egocentric as well
-I didn't feel the need to defend myself indirectly for anything and I doubt you'd be able to explain this string of words if I asked.

>Almost everything people do these days is around bettering thier life , for 'better' or worse, catch my flow?
-I don't see how this relates to the ego. You just said that everything people do affects them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale