Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cultivating multiple mushroom species?
    #25075106 -

I'm pretty knew to the growing world, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the process. I've been stuck with one strand though, golden teacher. Apparently, it's one of the easiest and fastest to grow.

I've heard though, that there are better more powerful species out there, but they grow slower and don't produce as many fruits. This is where my question comes into play. Would easier, faster growing, greater quantity producing mushrooms actually be more potent all together? Since I may be able to grow 4 golden teachers compared to 1 penis envy or  Panaeolus mushroom?

The second part is, is the trip that big of difference between different mushroom strains? I mean, I enjoy drinking a craft beer over a bud light... but they are both getting me the same kind of drunk. Now, if I would be getting a different type of experience I could definitely warrant trying to get another strain.

Any opinions or suggestions on mushrooms strains definitely worth my attention. I would like to stick to the same teks that grow golden teachers or not to extreme, oats, coco coir, brf cakes, room temperature growing environment, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: ElectricUniverse]
    #25075139 -

Every person reacts differently to any drug so the effect of any sort of cubensis is determined by that, I personally have found little difference between B+, GT, or any cube (haven't tried PE or Pans). That said Ps. cyanescans are a night and day difference.

However you state that you don't want to change your growing parameters much so I don't know what to tell you on that, seems like you'd be limited by that more than anything. Specialized shrooms take specialized skills.


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: ElectricUniverse]
    #25075153 -

PE is just as easy as GT to grow.

Just a little tip, i found that PE likes it a little warmer than usual. They will still be fine in cooler temps, though


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25075269 -

Zyiadem I'm not against learning new growing techniques if there is that significant of a difference. Can you link me to any teks or give me some idea what changes it would take to grow something like you mentioned. I've heard that casing can change substantially. how about the substrates? Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks for your tips on PE Bil, hopefully give those a shot later on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: ElectricUniverse]
    #25075630 -

ElectricUniverse said:
I'm pretty knew to the growing world, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the process. I've been stuck with one strand though, golden teacher. Apparently, it's one of the easiest and fastest to grow.

I've heard though, that there are better more powerful species out there, but they grow slower and don't produce as many fruits. This is where my question comes into play. Would easier, faster growing, greater quantity producing mushrooms actually be more potent all together? Since I may be able to grow 4 golden teachers compared to 1 penis envy or  Panaeolus mushroom?

The second part is, is the trip that big of difference between different mushroom strains? I mean, I enjoy drinking a craft beer over a bud light... but they are both getting me the same kind of drunk. Now, if I would be getting a different type of experience I could definitely warrant trying to get another strain.

Any opinions or suggestions on mushrooms strains definitely worth my attention. I would like to stick to the same teks that grow golden teachers or not to extreme, oats, coco coir, brf cakes, room temperature growing environment, etc.



Species vs strains is a large difference, but focus on isolating good cultures of whatever cubes currently work for you instead of multi-spore and you'll find much of what you're looking for.  It's a necessary step to progress in growing.  Plenty of advice in the cult forum BTW...  :scaryshroom::thumbup:

In a word, though for cubes - PE (this is PEU, ok, that's three words):



--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #25075740 -

Thanks for the advice about isolating good cultures. Now to clarify what that means... Does isolating cultures mean cloning fruit bodies onto agar that grow particularly large or look potent? I mean I had a couple in a batch that were dramatically larger and more potent than the rest that were in the box. It's good to know that there can be improvements made in growing by different techniques continuing the research.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: ElectricUniverse]
    #25075945 -

It means either cloning or isolating on agar.  I do the latter as clones never seem to take for me, so I work with cultures and just pick the regions that I like the best, rinse, repeat. 

If you pick the best to clone from MS you are likely to improve the results.  Any strain yields multiple variants when you inoculate from spores.


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivating multiple mushroom species? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #25076868 -

All the strains are going to be about the same potency if you grow from spores with the exception of Penis Envy and Albino Penis Envy.

PE can put out just as much weight as golden teachers and requires the same growing conditions, you'll just need to dial in your fruiting conditions a little better.

Ultimately the only way to get a high yielding high potency strain is to practice cloning and isolation and then eat the strains you've grown to test their potency.


--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* poll about cultivation of pot vs. cultivation of mushrooms
( 1 2 all )
ShroomBoarder 9,083 36 02/17/03 07:54 PM
by _MarsBars_
* Re: What is the most potent mushroom species? otto i love ta get blotto 6,260 15 02/27/17 03:41 PM
by PickleJam
* Mushroom species RandalFlagg 1,132 3 06/16/02 06:27 PM
by TM
* The Mushroom Cultivator book kykeon 1,280 3 06/10/02 09:02 AM
by DONOTDELETE
* Mushrooms in the United Kindom
( 1 2 all )
LittleHippy 4,081 24 09/21/16 05:28 AM
by Psilocypher
* In Response to Most Potent Mushroom
( 1 2 3 all )
mjshroomer 42,450 43 03/28/21 11:58 PM
by Saeurcybe
* All known species and info - NEED HELP!
( 1 2 all )
TwIg 2,438 21 02/09/03 05:40 PM
by TwIg
* Why do mushrooms make you trip?
( 1 2 all )
Fr0ggy 24,030 34 12/21/02 11:39 AM
by Meph

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
331 topic views. 1 members, 22 guests and 88 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.