Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017
    #24560997 -

The tiny bluefoot was late this year. It was a cold and snowy winter. Spring and early summer were very wet, however July and August have been mostly dry.

My usual woodchip patches have not been producing much, but did find a few large ones in different spots on our all natural hardwood chips.

These photos are from their natural beech debris habitats:






Please feel free to contribute to this thread if you come across any of these little ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: D_T.eonanacatl]
    #24561293 -

Out of curiosity, where are you in the northeast?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: RagnarsDog]
    #24561310 -

Nice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: D_T.eonanacatl]
    #24561542 -

D_T.eonanacatl said:
The tiny bluefoot was late this year. It was a cold and snowy winter. Spring and early summer were very wet, however July and August have been mostly dry.

My usual woodchip patches have not been producing much, but did find a few large ones in different spots on our all natural hardwood chips.

These photos are from their natural beech debris habitats:






Please feel free to contribute to this thread if you come across any of these little ones.






Nice! I knew there was a reason I logged on tonight - thank you for  posting and congrats on being 1st (again?):bow2:
G

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: gman]
    #24561554 -

:wooyeah:
Beauties D.T.:bigyesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: D_T.eonanacatl]
    #24561576 -

I have been stalking lurkin around waiting for this! No surprise it's DT :congrats:
It's nice to see these actually exist after the hundred lbm lookalikes I've been sifting through for the past 3 weeks. Hoping I'm still way early for SE Ohio ...
Thanks for the mushroom motivation!
I'm finding these babes this year...
I say that every year.


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: D_T.eonanacatl]
    #24562088 -

D_T.eonanacatl said:
The tiny bluefoot was late this year..



Thats weird, they were early here in NY, been finding them since end of July. Granted not too many. I believe the fellow from Vermont was the first to post them this year. I have not had a chance to photograph or upload many but I will put up a few in a couple weeks.

Nice finds as always DT!! One of these days I need to get up and explore NH. Anywho good luck and best wishes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: herbtaylor]
    #24574324 -

herbtaylor said:
Hoping I'm still way early for SE Ohio ...
Thanks for the mushroom motivation!
I'm finding these babes this year...
I say that every year.



Time to get out there!



More photos


--------------------
Finds:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: 5alamander]
    #24575244 -

way nice Salamander? They look pretty substantial and seem to be bigger than your  thumbnail. :thumbup::thumbup:
G

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: gman]
    #24575852 -

Wowwwwwwwwwww :eek::yesnod:NICE ! Yup, that settles it... calling the babysitter right meow


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: gman]
    #24576681 -

gman said:
They look pretty substantial and seem to be bigger than your  thumbnail. :thumbup::thumbup:
G



Unfortunately, that's my index finger. The wormy one was probably bigger than an inch in diameter, the next biggest three were about 16mm.

I had more luck today:

Pins from yesterdays spot. I left these to mature a bit more.


Somehow found some in leaf litter at a new spot.


And some nice ones on a log again nearby.


--------------------
Finds:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: 5alamander]
    #24576739 -

Forgot the family photo


And the biggest cap


How many more do you think I'd need for a bioassay?


--------------------
Finds:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: 5alamander]
    #24576789 -

Found these today after 5 years yallllllll
Told you all this was my year
found my first Ovoids this spring too
:grin: :grin:
Pictures coming later
Thank you 5alamander, you're killin it..
Wutchu gonna do with all those? Haaa


Hard work pays off kiddies lol


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Edited by herbtaylor (08/24/17 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: herbtaylor]
    #24576895 -

herbtaylor said:
Found these today after 5 years yallllllll



Way to go! I'm Hopeing to check out another spot soon. I hadn't really started hunting active until after Ovoid season was over. They would have gone great with Ween.

herbtaylor said:
Wutchu gonna do with all those?




I'm planning on trying these little guys when I have an idea what dose I need. "One to three mushrooms fresh" is fairly vague when there's such a big difference in size.  In total, I have somewhere around 7 grams wet.


--------------------
Finds:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: 5alamander]
    #24576945 -

Wow!! 7 grams???!! You're about to write history on these guys!
Please Definitely do a trip report.
I've been wondering what I'm going to do with mine. A small handful can't hurt, right? If I had a day to myself, I would have popped these two right in my mouth.
After drying them they are fittin to pretty much be non existent... Id imagine it would take much more than what they are calling for but ehh what do I know?
Here is my first shot of the day



More coming later
Mush love y'all


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: herbtaylor]
    #24577086 -

Wow, those are pretty.

My 7 grams measurement was with a kitchen scale, so it may not be too accurate either. 

I also forgot to post this spore pic! This first batch didn't print very well, but I've got the big one from today printing and it seems to be more mature.


--------------------
Finds:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: herbtaylor]
    #24577318 -

5alamander said:
Forgot the family photo


And the biggest cap


How many more do you think I'd need for a bioassay?



Wish i could help you out with the answer but im curious myself. I think I've read on here that they're weaker than cubes but definitely let us know how it goes.
herbtaylor said:
Found these today after 5 years yallllllll
Told you all this was my year
found my first Ovoids this spring too
:grin: :grin:




Way to go herb:super: Im gonna head out in the morning we've gotten enough rain.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: avidpicker]
    #24577839 -

Thanks Avid! :smile:
I ended up finding two different "patches" today! Yee yee
I couldn't get my phone to take a picture when I found my second spot, so I went back later. It was dark and the photos are terrible, but I had to have evidence of my firsts. anyways...

I found these on both sides of a small stream that only runs when it's had a substantial amount of rain recently. A holler if you're Appalachian like me (Haha I love it.) Both within arms reach of massive beech trees. On very rotten pieces of wood. Also, they both were heavily shaded. One by some fern looking plant, and the other cluster was tucked right in between two other small rotting pieces of wood.

As I said, my phones been junk lately so the middle picture is just a later picture of the first ones I ever found.. a little bruised up

Wish these weren't so flashy but I'm pumped about em!



--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: herbtaylor]
    #24578188 -

:takingnotes::popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes 2017 [Re: catnip40]
    #24578333 -

I just made a smoothie with them.  Taste was ehhh. Will report back later.


--------------------
Finds:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Blue-foot Psilocybe caerulipes [ovoideocystidiata] Found in Ohio [Fall fruit photo added 28NOV06]
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
shroomydan 79,650 124 05/30/18 04:54 PM
by Funnyguy
* Bluefoot is Psilocybe caerulipes and Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata.
( 1 2 3 all )
falcon 31,775 53 04/16/07 12:00 PM
by xmush
* Comparison of Psilocybe caerulipes with P. ovoideocystidiata WorkmanV 13,217 14 11/20/07 02:40 PM
by HerbBaker
* Psilocybe caerulipes in virginia 1st find ever with pics
( 1 2 all )
undersativaskies 18,973 21 06/08/06 09:13 AM
by va_shroomer
* Help with Psilocybe caerulipes steve8908 4,093 9 01/22/15 05:31 PM
by o8u
* Psilocybe caerulipes Blue-foot Pictures win a print!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
HerbBaker 41,603 146 09/19/10 11:28 AM
by MyCoFiend420
* Psilocybe caerulipes Question emeryg89 8,557 18 02/07/20 06:57 PM
by Doc9151
* Blue Foot? Psilocybe caerulipes? no1uknow 11,640 6 05/30/03 04:56 AM
by no1uknow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
7,433 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.