Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: skatealex2]
    #24307671 -

ok I see. so you dont find it irrational that we were created on purpose. you have problems with specific things from the bible.

im sure there are theologians on the internet you could find that have better arguments than "I feel it."

Edited by BANANA.MAN (05/09/17 04:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #24307692 -

Oh almost forgot to answer the thread


No


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #24307745 -

BANANA.MAN said:
Tantrika said:
BANANA.MAN said:
...
all these words like homophobe, sexist, racist and the two most important these days transphobe and Islamophobia are just used to claim the moral high ground and make people who you disagree with look like a bad person. its for people who dont have facts so they use their feelings as arguments.
...



It can be beneficial to not to get hung up on the terminology used,
focus on the underlying tactics
the words used will change with time and scenario, the approach will not

Your highlighting of Islamophobia is particularly valuable to consider,
as 'Islamophobia' is technically in contrast to the others
and it is possible to get into a situation where someone brands you Islamophobic
for pointing out that particular Islamic values may be homophobic, sexist, or transphobic

unless you get worried about feeling too much like an asshole
for judging Islamists for what they view as sinful
:shrug:



trying to make someone look like a bad person is the underlying tactic. those words are the way they implement that tactic. those words are literally the only way that tactic is implemented as far as I can tell. what else am i supposed to say?

if you're pro life you are sexist

if you are christian you are homophobic

if you show statistics on what percentage of Muslims in the west support sharia law, think homosexuality is unacceptable,  think suicide bombings are sometimes or often justified or hate people of other religions then you're Islamophobic. https://fanghornforest.wordpress.com/hate-facts/

thats literally what people do. like exactly what they do. what am i supposed to say if i dont mention terminology? they call you names which devalue your character. thats literally exactly what the do.
...



Did not say not to mention terminology,
but that it is beneficial to not get hung up on it
the goal is to shut down arguments,
not to promote any form of acceptance
SJWs employ such words out of convenience, not out of personal investment

If you are frightened of SJWs calling you names to devalue your character
you are coming at the issue from a position of loss to begin with.
name calling bears no weight, it is a tool used to try and make people upset with the applied label
and respond to the label rather than engage on an issue

in having such labels applied
there is only the capacity to make it seem more valid by responding defensively to it
for someone who does not fit the labels,
it rolls right off the back

Engage the issues in a genuine manner,
as that is what they are least prepared for

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: Tantrika]
    #24307915 -

I see what you mean but sjws use "homophobia", "racism", ect. To acctually get people fired and ruin their businesses.

And even hit them. Sjws (including someone i know peesonally :facepalm:) say words are violent. So if you say something "homophobic" you have commited violence against gay people and people can hit you now.

So its not that im afraid of them calling me names. Its that those names acctually have the power to make people hate someone and it could limmit their career options and people wouldnt want to associate with them either because they hate racism or dont want to be called a racist themselves.

I dont care about just any old name calling. I care about people being silenced because their reputation is at risk.

If it was only acctual racists and sexists and whatnot then fine but they are thrown aroind and innocent people's reputation are ruined.

Edited by BANANA.MAN (05/09/17 06:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: skatealex2]
    #24307936 -

I bet most homophobes are closeted gays.

I mean why does it matter what another person does with their sex life, it's no big fucking deal, I don't get homophobes.

I guess I understand why some guys might get super uncomfortable around flaming gay dudes, I had a fried that was gay but was not a flamer, he used to make fun of the flamers because of how flamboyant they were, and said many gay dudes even felt strange around flamers. 

I don't know, do any of you gay shroomery dudes feel strange around flaming gay guys?

Anyway, I don't give a shit about if you're gay or not, it's none of my fucking business who you have sexy time with, just treat me how you want to be treated and it's all good, I got nothing to prove.

One love to all, and to all a goodnight, or something like that.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: skatealex2] * 2
    #24308023 -

I don't really have any real friends (except one or two), and I don't make friends, and I don't really want to make friends. So I don't really know whether or not I could be friends with homophobes because I just generally don't make friends and have no interest in making friends. It's not a sad thing I'm saying, I choose to live this way because this is how I enjoy life.

However, I'd hate for every random awkward thing I do or say to be scrutinized by a homophobe. I like to know that if I do or say something stupid and awkward that the other person isn't going to be thinking "gay." I don't have to worry about how random awkward moments come across in the same way I might otherwise. It's super annoying to be having fun with someone but constantly having to distance yourself from them (emotionally, physically, etc. etc.) as a way of saying "no-homo" just because you're both men. Society places enough pressure on men hanging out together as it is without the added pressure of someone being homophobic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: djbluntmagic]
    #24308245 -

djbluntmagic said:
These are the people that need your friendship the most



This is so true! ^

Defriending someone because they hold messed up views leads to even more alienation and hate. It sounds cliché but you can't fight hate with more hate, where's the love?? :sun: Communication is the best thing you can do for these types. With the recent trump thing in the news it seems like everyone is defriending everyone for their views on things.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: Lucis]
    #24308260 -

Fennario said:
I don't know, do any of you gay shroomery dudes feel strange around flaming gay guys?





Yes, this bothers me a bit, I do get uncomfortable around the 'flamer' types. I just don't like hearing about guys getting dicks in their asses or jizz in their mouths. I don't even really like hearing girls talk like that. My sister had a friend like this that I met at a bonfire. He was there with his boyfriend and wouldn't stop going on about how gay he was. Even his boyfriend looked and acted uncomfortable. I didn't say anything because he was smoking me up with a lot of good weed.


--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?



SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: skatealex2]
    #24308630 -

"White power!!"
              *southpark clan emoji*

I only call ppl slurs when its tasteful an i know they wont get offended by it.
Sometimes its funny to call some1 a glitter poot'n fairy or a peezy niglet.
Comedy will bring ppl together!


--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: KetaCaine]
    #24308631 -

KetaCaine said:
skatealex2 said:
KetaCaine said:
Society is full of such fucking pussies these days. Brainwashed by PC faggots into believing that being PC is the only acceptable point of view. Fuck that bullshit

If every gay person died, earth would be much better off




What's PC about consenting guys into guys? That's natural. Are you religious or something?  Do you like lesbians?




That's natural? LOL

I can see you don't want to be taken seriously



How is it not natural? Homosexuality has been documented in the animal kingdom so I'm just wondering why you don't think it is. :strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #24308729 -

Canadian Jesus said:
Fennario said:
I don't know, do any of you gay shroomery dudes feel strange around flaming gay guys?





Yes, this bothers me a bit, I do get uncomfortable around the 'flamer' types. I just don't like hearing about guys getting dicks in their asses or jizz in their mouths. I don't even really like hearing girls talk like that. My sister had a friend like this that I met at a bonfire. He was there with his boyfriend and wouldn't stop going on about how gay he was. Even his boyfriend looked and acted uncomfortable. I didn't say anything because he was smoking me up with a lot of good weed.



I don't tend to like flaming gays. For whatever reason the more effeminate someone tries to act the more they tend to be that behind the back judgemental shit talker type I mentioned earlier.

It's like people that try to act feminine somehow pull out the worst traits associated with it. Fragility, attention seeking, excessive gossip... Other stuff I don't like associated with girly girls. The worst is the people that come into this late or under false circumstances tend not to balance it out and work it with some semblance of grace like natural girly girls and girly guys do. I only ever notice this in people who adopt a feminine ego, or accept their feminine ego and not understand that accepting and embracing does not mean trying extra hard to fit that ego.


I've not noticed this with people who try to act super masculine. At most they come up stubborn and sometimes hot headed. But then maybe that's some underlying remnant of some thousand years of male dominant culture. Association of attitudes mannerisms and traits and somehow acting feminine means being annoying and being masculine means trying to be somewhat respectable.


There, now I think I've managed to offend everyone that wants to be offended.



Though strangely the 'meatheads' the people that are already masculine that try yet harder to be masculine do tend to be annoying but then I think that's because of the aggression and narcissism or at least infallible confidence associated with being... Oh what is it you kids call it these days... An "alpha" yeah super unbalanced femininity and masculinity are actually equally annoying.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24308734 -

CookieCrumbs said:
I don't tend to like flaming gays. For whatever reason the more effeminate someone tries to act the more they tend to be that behind the back judgemental shit talker type I mentioned earlier.





THIS I have noticed. Those uber effeminate types seem to always talk A LOT of shit about people.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24308784 -

CookieCrumbs said:
I don't tend to like flaming gays. For whatever reason the more effeminate someone tries to act the more they tend to be that behind the back judgemental shit talker type I mentioned earlier.

It's like people that try to act feminine somehow pull out the worst traits associated with it. Fragility, attention seeking, excessive gossip... Other stuff I don't like associated with girly girls. The worst is the people that come into this late or under false circumstances tend not to balance it out and work it with some semblance of grace like natural girly girls and girly guys do. I only ever notice this in people who adopt a feminine ego, or accept their feminine ego and not understand that accepting and embracing does not mean trying extra hard to fit that ego.


I've not noticed this with people who try to act super masculine. At most they come up stubborn and sometimes hot headed. But then maybe that's some underlying remnant of some thousand years of male dominant culture. Association of attitudes mannerisms and traits and somehow acting feminine means being annoying and being masculine means trying to be somewhat respectable.



People who adopt a super masculine personality are also just as bad, just in a different way. Machismo is not a very good thing, it's the sort of thing that's associated with low conscientiousness, violent crimes, and sexism. Machismo is the sort of shit that gets people killed over dumb arguments.

Ever notice that people who embody the biggest stereotypes of their gender tend to not be very bright? Think of the dumb jock or dumb cheerleader trope. I do think there's something to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: Crystal G]
    #24308805 -

Machismo is how real men get by in the real world.  Men gotta act like men or they get left behind, beat down, and they don't get half the pussy.  The strongest guys attract the best and most hot chicks.  Think of the trope where the dumb jock gets the hot girl.  I do think there's something to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24308987 -

An acquaintance of mine from a nude beach is this really flamboyant gay guy, and I can't help thinking that his voice and persona seem kind of put-on. Nice enough guy, but it's just hard to relate to someone normally when they seem to be putting on this act.

Maybe that accent/persona do just come naturally for some people though, I don't know. I remember this one kid from grade school who had similar mannerisms and I don't think he was intentionally emulating that stereotype.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: psi]
    #24309091 -

Crystal G said:
People who adopt a super masculine personality are also just as bad, just in a different way. Machismo is not a very good thing, it's the sort of thing that's associated with low conscientiousness, violent crimes, and sexism. Machismo is the sort of shit that gets people killed over dumb arguments.

Ever notice that people who embody the biggest stereotypes of their gender tend to not be very bright? Think of the dumb jock or dumb cheerleader trope. I do think there's something to it.



I suppose you are right. That kind of beefhead attitude is annoying. I suppose I'm just more used to it since I grew up around a bunch of dudes.


Growing up it seemed to me that being stupid was a fad. And I do think alot of high school kids intentionally act stupid. And some part of that attitude, that perception of the world, carries over in some people. I think it's funny I've not heard the word "poser" used since high school but pretty much everyone in high school tries hard to fit in to their cliques.

Alot of the (what I will refer to as) unnaturally or at least imbalanced feminine or masculine sort do seem to think they're still in high school ime.

Like they never got over their identity confusion.


Though most that "grow up" tend to just adopt another identity, another clique to fit into. Which often revolves around family and work.


psi said:
An acquaintance of mine from a nude beach is this really flamboyant gay guy, and I can't help thinking that his voice and persona seem kind of put-on. Nice enough guy, but it's just hard to relate to someone normally when they seem to be putting on this act.

Maybe that accent/persona do just come naturally for some people though, I don't know. I remember this one kid from grade school who had similar mannerisms and I don't think he was intentionally emulating that stereotype.



I had a guy friend in early middle school, 6th grade when we were 11 or so, that was harassed constantly for being gay. He was pretty feminine, his hips would sway as he walked, his voice had that soft lisp and higher pitch, and he was attracted to pretty things. He was a dude all the way though, star wars, sword fighting, zombie shooting.

In high school when he finally admitted he was attracted to dudes he started shaving his legs and wearing make up, pink make up, and emphasized the higher pitch of his voice.

That's kind of what I meant by accepting one's femininity and going too far with it. Some people are more inclined to be like that but we all tend to push forward what we want to be seen as.


And I'm fine with that. We all wear a mask.
What bothers me is the negatives that come with it.

"Ugh I hate people that wear the same jacket every day."
"dude... I wear the same jacket every day."
"oh well that's different because you're Cookie."
:facepalm:

Hardly a bad person but there was so many times I wanted to knock that boy on his ass.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #24309424 -

BANANA.MAN said:
I see what you mean but sjws use "homophobia", "racism", ect. To acctually get people fired and ruin their businesses.

And even hit them. Sjws (including someone i know peesonally :facepalm:) say words are violent. So if you say something "homophobic" you have commited violence against gay people and people can hit you now.

So its not that im afraid of them calling me names. Its that those names acctually have the power to make people hate someone and it could limmit their career options and people wouldnt want to associate with them either because they hate racism or dont want to be called a racist themselves.

I dont care about just any old name calling. I care about people being silenced because their reputation is at risk.

If it was only acctual racists and sexists and whatnot then fine but they are thrown aroind and innocent people's reputation are ruined.



Do you have some examples of innocent people's reputations being ruined?
My only personal recollection of such an attack on an innocent was on Thunderf00t
who did not lose his job or reputation
and, in turn, turned it back on the SJWs who did lose business to their job

At a more personal level,
when very young, used to be babysat by a good family friend in his teens
years later, he became a Councillor
and was very respected and successful in his community
until he decided to make a comment on Facebook
about how a farmer should have been killing Natives to prevent witnesses to his murder case
and someone screenshotted it and got him fired

recently swapped medications and just woke up groggy from 16 hours of sleep
if my comprehension of your post has been in error, my apologies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: abltsandwich] * 1
    #24309459 -

abltsandwich said:
Machismo is how real men get by in the real world.  Men gotta act like men or they get left behind, beat down, and they don't get half the pussy.  The strongest guys attract the best and most hot chicks.  Think of the trope where the dumb jock gets the hot girl.  I do think there's something to it.



This is kind of an awkward post for me to make, but what the hell

had identified as a girl prior to high school,
and was finally afforded freedom to dress and express myself as such in high school
but, at that time, and particularly in such a small town,
was strictly referred to as a faggot, a sissyboy, and an assortment of things to devalue men
rather than acknowledged as a girl, even by those that would treat me with respect

Used to hook up with a handful of 'the popular girls'
and, at one point, was hooking up with the main base cheerleader from an opposing school
she was dating, and continued dating, the star of the school wrestling team
and would even make fun of him behind his back
to the point that one of her friends later started pursuing me
because she had heard that "the girly boy" was better hung than any of the jocks
:lol:

Was involved with her through to after high school
but she eventually joined the Army and ended up in a relationship with someone of the same rank as her
she still flirted with me when going back to visit years later and crash at her place while passing through town
but decided that, since she had indicated he treated her much better,
it was not a good idea to risk screwing up their relationship

In general, such girls were quite nasty towards their boyfriends in private
and when asked why they stayed with someone they hated,
they typically quite resented them for a number of reasons,
but stuck with them due to social status

certainly do not think this is the sole reason for such relationships tho
as there was still a number of popular girls in my school who were just as vicious towards myself
as their boyfriends were
but they would also target my female friends
whom their boyfriends would never speak an ill word of

so dunno, just some various angles to look at the issue from
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #24309483 -

Some of the most successful and respectable men I've ever known have a touch of femininity.

The hypermasculine shit isn't wanted and isn't needed in most any place outside of the military.


--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you be friends with homophobes? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24309560 -

I don't want to spend my time with homophobes and racists. It so happens I'm a racetraitor faggot so that kinda narrows it down.

The other day on the social media this black woman who had friended me blurted out that she shared the views of the KKK in regard to gays. Bam, block. I don't deal with that. If you are not ecumenical in your rejection of oppression of minorities, then sincerely, screw you. Especially if you are a minority yourself who is outspoken about your own minority's rights and gratuitously hate on another group because it doesnt appeal to you.

Life's too short to spend with haters.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Losing friends sucks...
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 5,879 22 03/16/03 11:43 AM
by Killjoy
* The "THUMBPRINT"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 61 62 )
LearyfanS 648,328 1,223 04/28/24 12:23 PM
by SleepyF0x
* How To Tell Off Friends Doing Coke and Molly? FeedingMyDreams 1,291 12 03/01/18 11:52 PM
by Great Scott
* Biker Gangs vs. Homophobes OneMoreRobot3021 2,307 13 02/21/06 01:50 PM
by TYL3R
* Almost lost a friend today.. iloveraving 2,268 10 04/12/04 07:58 AM
by neuro
* Friends got busted last night ...
( 1 2 all )
flatline 4,347 28 06/29/16 11:34 PM
by Steven777
* E and marriage vs. friends djfrog 2,859 19 11/06/03 10:29 AM
by Kid_Orgo
* help me save my friend from coke!!!!
( 1 2 all )
telamahooka 5,121 30 05/29/20 12:54 AM
by deniskov

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,380 topic views. 4 members, 16 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.