Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Almost lost a friend today..
    #2547811 - 04/11/04 02:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A good friend of mine has had this little dog, a jack russell terrier, since longer then I've known him. So spring is in full effect eariler today, and we want to go hiking. So me, my friends (boyfriend-girlfriend) and their dog all head out to a trail I havent been on yet, but they've ventured on once or twice. Nothing major, just a mile or two on fairly easy terrain.
Normally their dog is ok without a leash, hes really great and listens well. However their was one other car in the parking area so they leashed him since it is the law.
No more then 5 minutes into the trail, this other dog runs towards us out of the woods. A black and white pit bull, but fatter. I guess a fat pit bull, or a mix. Now, these are aggressive dogs. If you dont know, these are dogs drug dealers/houses employ around here.. This badass dog isnt on a leash, and their's no one else around that we can see. The dog luckily paid no attention to us, but went rite to our dog on the leash. At first he just sniffed him, but then our dog moved slightly and..
At that point I look over and see our little jack russell in the mouth of this dog. By the throat. We start yelling at it. Friend's girlfriend has to let go of leash, big dog starts shaking.. Me and friend start trying to break it up, girl starts screaming 'get your fucking dog' or something, even though no one is still around. Friend starts trying to kick big dog in head to loosen his dog, I'm doing all I can without risking getting my arm bitten off. We dont even really phase this dog much. Owner starts running up, still maybe 50 yard away. Our little dog was held by the throat a minute or a little more. The guy finally gets his dog off, and says 'i'll be rite back, let me put my dog in the car'. He had no leash. These other people are walking up the trail behind him, older, with a little kid. They had a dog without a leash too, but that dog was fine. A golden lab or something, not aggressive in the least. They walked by us as we were on the ground trying to get our dog's collars off, and we put a sweatshirt around his throat for bleeding. At this point, the group of people past us, but werent out of my sight. They seemed shady, I grabbed my friend's backpack for her, so she could carry the dog and calm down, ran ahead of them a little bit to make sure these people dont take off. My friend's behind me are already on their cell trying to call the cops or something, but have no service. Nonetheless this group of people catch on. I get to the parking area and all of them are in the car. I noticed the make, model, and color when we got there, cause it happened to be a car I like  :ooo: Got the plates, no problem, wrote them down. The people driving noticed.. Kind of stopped on the way out. I got kind of scared, they were thugs. They realised I got their plates and had some choice words.. I yelled to my friends to hurry the fuck up and unlock the car, so we could get the hell out of there. They went the opposite way on the road, we went the quickest way off the mountain, into town. This road is not a easy road to drive fast. I'm glad my friend knew it well, and we whipped it, almost hit some lady on a horse.. But he must've been under so much stress, his girl freaking, his best friend bleeding. At this point I'm in back trying to see what vets in the area are open (its a saturday).
I cant get in touch with their vet, we whip it into town to the biggest vet, and their closed. Called friend's parents, they looked up a emergency number, we called and went. This whole time we have weed and a glass bowl, I think rite on my friend who's driving. We're blowing stop signs, honking the horn and yelling for people to pull over, ran a light or two, going through 25mph at like 45mph. It was a rush, I felt like I was working in a ambulance. Well we get there, run him rite into the back emergency room.
Luckily, he didnt get anything punctured, and there wasnt any internal bleeding (last update I heard) but he has stitches all around his neck. He almost stopped breathing, cause he went into shock when we got him there. After he got all stitched up, the vet says he should be ok, and can probably come home tomorrow. The bill is gonna be a couple hundred dollars. Of course they said they dont care how much it is.
We waited for the cops to show, so we could file a report for about 2 hours. We waited on the front porch, all talking about how we wished they would fucking get here so we could chill out and smoke a couple bowls already. We were all so stressed, and their house wasnt the same without the little guy.  :crying: My friend brought a picture out onto the porch, and put it where he would be laying if he were there  :sad: It was cute, but sad.
Fucking pigs, sounded like they wont be able to do much. They're gonna look up the plates and talk to the person, but they said even if they find the dog and owner, they'll just call the dog warden. It sounds like the owner wont even get in trouble.
Now those are aggressive dogs, but the owner was responsible for not having that dog on a leash, like our non-aggresive dog. Our dog would of been fine, but its the law regardless. Not that I'm the most law abiding citizen  :tongue: We think it was that guys fault, and want to find him. I'm sure the dog was just raised that way, you should of seen how he beat the shit out of that dog wrestling him back to the car. And I could tell that wasnt the first thing that dog has attacked...
I just want to find out who this person is, I've seen him around town before, in the bad part.. Go figure when he's in town, I've seen him and that dog on a leash. When the dog was attacking, I did notice its collar and its registered.. So hopefully we can find them.
Should they sue? I think they should sue for the vet bills at least.. I bet nothing's gonna happen to him legally anyways, and I'm pretty sure he has some money. Fucking asshole.  :shake:

So that was my day. Talk about when good times go bad.  :lipsrsealed:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: Almost lost a friend today.. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2547871 - 04/11/04 03:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A good friend of mine has had this little dog, a jack russell terrier, since longer then I've known him. So spring is in full effect eariler today, and we want to go hiking. So me, my friends (boyfriend-girlfriend) and their dog all head out to a trail I havent been on yet, but they've ventured on once or twice. Nothing major, just a mile or two on fairly easy terrain.
Normally their dog is ok without a leash, hes really great and listens well. However their was one other car in the parking area so they leashed him since it is the law.

No more then 5 minutes into the trail, this other dog runs towards us out of the woods. A black and white pit bull, but fatter. I guess a fat pit bull, or a mix. Now, these are aggressive dogs. If you dont know, these are dogs drug dealers/houses employ around here.. This badass dog isnt on a leash, and their's no one else around that we can see. The dog luckily paid no attention to us, but went rite to our dog on the leash. At first he just sniffed him, but then our dog moved slightly and..

At that point I look over and see our little jack russell in the mouth of this dog. By the throat. We start yelling at it. Friend's girlfriend has to let go of leash, big dog starts shaking.. Me and friend start trying to break it up, girl starts screaming 'get your fucking dog' or something, even though no one is still around. Friend starts trying to kick big dog in head to loosen his dog, I'm doing all I can without risking getting my arm bitten off. We dont even really phase this dog much. Owner starts running up, still maybe 50 yard away. Our little dog was held by the throat a minute or a little more. The guy finally gets his dog off, and says 'i'll be rite back, let me put my dog in the car'. He had no leash. These other people are walking up the trail behind him, older, with a little kid. They had a dog without a leash too, but that dog was fine. A golden lab or something, not aggressive in the least. They walked by us as we were on the ground trying to get our dog's collars off, and we put a sweatshirt around his throat for bleeding.

At this point, the group of people past us, but werent out of my sight. They seemed shady, I grabbed my friend's backpack for her, so she could carry the dog and calm down, ran ahead of them a little bit to make sure these people dont take off. My friend's behind me are already on their cell trying to call the cops or something, but have no service. Nonetheless this group of people catch on. I get to the parking area and all of them are in the car. I noticed the make, model, and color when we got there, cause it happened to be a car I like Got the plates, no problem, wrote them down. The people driving noticed.. Kind of stopped on the way out. I got kind of scared, they were thugs. They realised I got their plates and had some choice words.. I yelled to my friends to hurry the fuck up and unlock the car, so we could get the hell out of there. They went the opposite way on the road, we went the quickest way off the mountain, into town. This road is not a easy road to drive fast. I'm glad my friend knew it well, and we whipped it, almost hit some lady on a horse.. But he must've been under so much stress, his girl freaking, his best friend bleeding.

At this point I'm in back trying to see what vets in the area are open (its a saturday).
I cant get in touch with their vet, we whip it into town to the biggest vet, and their closed. Called friend's parents, they looked up a emergency number, we called and went. This whole time we have weed and a glass bowl, I think rite on my friend who's driving. We're blowing stop signs, honking the horn and yelling for people to pull over, ran a light or two, going through 25mph at like 45mph. It was a rush, I felt like I was working in a ambulance. Well we get there, run him rite into the back emergency room.

Luckily, he didnt get anything punctured, and there wasnt any internal bleeding (last update I heard) but he has stitches all around his neck. He almost stopped breathing, cause he went into shock when we got him there. After he got all stitched up, the vet says he should be ok, and can probably come home tomorrow. The bill is gonna be a couple hundred dollars. Of course they said they dont care how much it is.
We waited for the cops to show, so we could file a report for about 2 hours. We waited on the front porch, all talking about how we wished they would fucking get here so we could chill out and smoke a couple bowls already. We were all so stressed, and their house wasnt the same without the little guy. My friend brought a picture out onto the porch, and put it where he would be laying if he were there It was cute, but sad.

Fucking pigs, sounded like they wont be able to do much. They're gonna look up the plates and talk to the person, but they said even if they find the dog and owner, they'll just call the dog warden. It sounds like the owner wont even get in trouble.

Now those are aggressive dogs, but the owner was responsible for not having that dog on a leash, like our non-aggresive dog. Our dog would of been fine, but its the law regardless. Not that I'm the most law abiding citizen We think it was that guys fault, and want to find him. I'm sure the dog was just raised that way, you should of seen how he beat the shit out of that dog wrestling him back to the car. And I could tell that wasnt the first thing that dog has attacked...

I just want to find out who this person is, I've seen him around town before, in the bad part.. Go figure when he's in town, I've seen him and that dog on a leash. When the dog was attacking, I did notice its collar and its registered.. So hopefully we can find them.

Should they sue? I think they should sue for the vet bills at least.. I bet nothing's gonna happen to him legally anyways, and I'm pretty sure he has some money. Fucking asshole.

So that was my day. Talk about when good times go bad.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: Almost lost a friend today.. [Re: shaggy101]
    #2547878 - 04/11/04 03:05 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sorry its so long. I vented. Happy Easter!  :wexican:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#2547902 - 04/11/04 03:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hope the dogs ok
was your dog on a leash?
i saw a case just like this on judge judy..your side won

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: Almost lost a friend today.. [Re: shaggy101]
    #2547921 - 04/11/04 03:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Our little dog was on a leash, rite up until we had to take it off to stop the bleeding. Their dog, I didnt even see him carrying a leash. He dragged his dog by the collar all the way down the trail, and was struggling with the dog. We were the only witnesses though, so its our word against theirs.  :lipsrsealed:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#2547938 - 04/11/04 03:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

me thinks you should sue
and i hate sueing
I just think its fair
and you would win
leash laws are pretty straight up
good for you
bad for them :tongue:

Anonymous

#2548271 - 04/11/04 09:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wow, I hope everything works out  :gd_icon:

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #2548344 - 04/11/04 10:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

omg dude that really sucks i know how you feel my dog is like a part of the family my dad even calls him my little brother :laugh: seriously take him to court over this shit man people need to learn how to control their animals. if ya are up too it i say take em on a tv court show that would be kinda cool :laugh:

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2548869 - 04/11/04 05:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That sucks man, i would be so scared if something like that happened to my dog.
The fact that the owner bailed without helping, or even apologizing is bullshit. You should find him, and confront him about it.
The thing you gota realize though is its dogs nature to attack other animals. My dog is the nicest dog in the world, but he'll attack anything thats not human. He's probly killed his share of animals in his day. (never seen him, but we used to live in the country, and he'd drag cow,rabbit,snake,turtle, anything carcasses into the yard)
its just the way he is.

--------------------

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: Almost lost a friend today.. [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2548988 - 04/11/04 07:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Okay well here's a suggestion - I don't know if it'll work for you or not but I am really against animal cruelty - and from what you were saying - this guy beats his pit. Pitbulls CAN be aggressive - if raised like that. I know plenty of sweeties that wouldn't hurt a fly - but it's really turning into a genetic thing.

First step would be to get their information from the police - that's their name, address and phone number. I hope you still have their plate #'s just incase the cops don't wanna help. If they cannot do anything - by all means contact the ASPCA.

I don't know what state you live in but most likely they are in your state.

If you mentioned what happened to your dog - they really cannot do much about that - but if you mention what happened AND that you saw the guy beating his dog - by all means that's a case!!

Okay I am sorry I just looked it up and apparently only in NYC the ASPCA is used - however here is a link to organizations outside of NY where you can report cruelty : http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=faq&s_state=16

Really - don't let up on this!! The least you can do is get the dog out of this guy's possession.

Let me know how it goes - I hope your friend is better - there's nothing more terrifying than that I'm sure.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2550558 - 04/12/04 09:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

He also demonstrated negligence of the law. So you could probably successfully sue.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub