Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: Papaver]
    #2353836 - 02/19/04 04:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I dont think its your "job" to save him. Just look at what the Christians did in thier holy crusade to "save" people.

We all have different paths in life.

My bro did Coke for years and they quit on his own, now he lives a 'normal' life.

But see I think that the 'normal' american life is worse than doing coke all day so thats where we may be different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: telamahooka]
    #2354234 - 02/19/04 07:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

He needs to want to save himself . Friends trying to get him to switch his vice will not teach him self control , nor make him a better person. Accept him for who he IS and if his drug of choice gets out of control, or you just wont tolerate in a friendship, try to help ,let him know how you think of cokers, but also know when to save yourself .
Coke is the original "Monkey on your back " addiction, very tough to learn how to say "enough is enough " .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2354509 - 02/19/04 08:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

don't hang out with him anymore, and whenever he contacts you, tell him you don't hang out with cokeheads because they're fucking losers.

then tell him his family and friends are out to get him.. oh wait no he'll start thinking that on his own

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: Papaver]
    #2354726 - 02/19/04 09:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thanks so much for all the advice :biggrin:. I still have some time to try and stop him while he's on drug testing for the next few months, but I gotta do something that will really help or the second after his last drug test his face will be in a pile of powder. :shake:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2356375 - 02/20/04 03:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

*nod* you can try, but remember- it's ultimately his choice and his thing to go through.
I think it's bullshit when people say you can't do ~anything~ -- because of course you can. You just can't do it for him and will need to know when it's just time to stand back.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
    #26701047 - 05/28/20 03:36 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

telamahooka said:
my friend is only 15 and most of the time he's cool, despite moodswings. Hes on drug testing and had about 1.5 weeks to do drugs and get clean. I wanted him to do shrooms or dxm then smoke some bud with me, but instead at this party he locked himself in the bathroom with another coke head. He told me he did about 5 or 6 lines and he was tweaking out. He said he would do it again, but not for a while, but i know he's gonna get sucked into coke. My question is how can I get my friend to not do coke again and get him more into psychedelics :mushroom2:??? I need answers soon or he'll do it again!!!!

You may not want to hear this but a drug is a drug. Being unable or unwilling to deal with reality sober is an age old dilemma for people.  I generally may agree that coke is going to have more likelihood for negative effects compared to weed, but that is sort of beside the point.

You trying to convince your friend of that may only push him away which is probably not what you want. Best thing to do is be supportive if/when he ends up with a bad addiction. Also don't be too confident that you won't develop a problem of your own, I have seen plenty of people with severe addiction to pot and (albeit less often) mushrooms as well.
It can be easy to focus on other people and their problems, it takes attention off of yourself. I'm not saying you are doing that, just be aware.

best of luck. (coming from a person with 'just a bit' of experience in the area of addiction

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

InvisibleR3dstaffy
💤
Male

Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: upinthetrees] * 1
    #26701085 - 05/28/20 04:04 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

upinthetrees said:

You may not want to hear this...

16 years later, I don’t think he’s even listening.

Onlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: R3dstaffy]
    #26701153 - 05/28/20 04:43 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

lmao at first I was like why is this dude who registered in 04 (has to be at least 34, 35 now) friends with a 15 year old? Then i realized the thread is 16 years old

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: morrowasted]
    #26701879 - 05/28/20 10:40 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

It would be very interesting if the OP came back and answered this with an update though. I think it's cool to see old threads that are still relevant to addiction issues and concerns by their friends.

--------------------

OfflineTripsurfer
Asante made me rich
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26702087 - 05/29/20 12:31 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck with that, OP was last seen 15 years 1 month ago :lol:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Offlinedeniskov
Stranger

Re: help me save my friend from coke!!!! [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #26703102 - 05/29/20 09:54 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

stuff like that really breaks my heart

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom