Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Spectrum of Conciousness
    #2383641 - 02/27/04 02:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Im sure that im not the only one here who has a keen interest in the wide spectrum of conciousness that is available to us as humans. Most of us have experienced the mellow love of marijuana and the world shifting contact of psilocybin. Others have done some exploring with the potential of the sober human mind. For myself i have found some interesting states are achievable without drugs, for example:

Dreams: we are all familiar with these nightly visions, and i find them utterly fascinating. The incredible detail and realism we create in our own minds can rival any mushroom trip, and the potentail of dreams is far from known. Lucid dreams are another amazing state i have found achievable without drugs.

OBE: out of body experiences are a state of mind that i have never been able to experience intentionally, although i have made a few attempts. However, on 4 occasions when my sleep was disrupted by sickness of other factors i had these whacky experiences, which may be yet another kind of dream state or something else entirely.

During meditation i have experienced feelings ranging from calmness and relaxation to a feeling of my body losing its outline and merging with my surroundings. I have experience vivid "imaginations" that seem almost like visions.

During mystical or magickal practice i have felt a variety of 'gnosis states'that i can best describe as a mental orgasm.

My question is: what states of conciousness/mental phenomenon have you experienced and what methods do you use to achieve them? what kinds of meditation do you do and what results to they give you? or have you ever experienced some thing like this accidentally or unknowingly?

For me sampling alterd states of conciousness is the essence of life itself. After all, our lives on earth are essentially just the sum total of our conciousness over time, so the more time you spend in 'higher'states as opposed to dross ones the better.

Drugs are an incredible tool for inner space travel, but they have many drawbacks, and if we rely totally on them we become dependent on foreign agents to widen our spectrum of conciousness.

as i type this im watching a documentary on people who master physical pain with diffrent mental techniques. in addition to the monks who have absolute control over there physiological resonses there are "christos" who flagelate themselves and then nail themselves to crosses to experience union with god. This just shows how limited our conception of experience is if we dont seek out the bigger picture.

So , for the benefit of me and all the other mind tourists here, what to you do to reach alterd states without drugs? what states have you achieved and what was it like?

i can share a few of my techniques later but id like to hear some of your ideas

"
Peace ombrEs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Spectrum of Conciousness [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2385009 - 02/27/04 09:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting that you started this thread.  I am one of those who doesn't use drugs, except Adderall (occasionally), because drugs and my brain don't mix well.  :grin:  They make me anxious, or paranoid, or something.  I can drink alcohol, but that just slows my brain down.

But anyways, dreams are one way that I tap into a different consciousness.  When I don't drink anything, I have lucid dreams, which are cool, but I don't know what purpose they serve.  I also occasionally have dreams that come true, but nothing interesting.  I don't have dreams that tell of impending disaster or anything like that.

But the reason I think that this thread is interesting (that you started it) is because lately when I go to bed, I lay there with no music on, no T.V., haven't drank any wine, and I "feel" that there is something out there.  Something I can't see, but it's as if it's hidden behind a curtain, and that if I meditate long enough, I think I will eventually see what "it" is.

So I am thinking of taking up meditating because I believe we can tap into a bigger consciousness than our own.  As I've stated repeatedly recently, I've been reading that book "The Field", and it talks about the same things you wrote about, such as OBE, dreams, things like that.

I think that meditating can help tap into that.  I don't think you need drugs. 

Previously, when I've had a sort of awakening of consciousness as to the universe, it's usually because I am under stressful conditions.  I am currently under stressful conditions again. 

The last time I was under stressful conditions, it caused me to realize that God (the universe) was taking care of me, in very interesting ways.  I think someone said it was a result of a paradigm shift due to the extreme stress I was experiencing.  I haven't worried about life since then and have actually taken advantage of the new way of seeing life.  I could expound, but this is already turning out to be a long enough post as it is.

So now, I am currently undergoing stress.  Note, I'm not saying I'm worried.  Just stress due to changes, and my brain doesn't take well to changes.  Consequently, I think the stress causes my brain to expand or something into a different consciousness.  I think I'm going to take advantage of the stress to tap into whatever might be out there to find, or observe, or discover, or whatever. 

I'll let you know the outcome.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
Re: Spectrum of Conciousness [Re: Frog]
    #2385134 - 02/27/04 09:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you stated that you dont use drugs, but have you ever experienced mushrooms?

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Spectrum of Conciousness [Re: Atomisk]
    #2385190 - 02/27/04 09:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No, but I have experienced LSD.  I've had this discussion.  You will lose.  :grin: 

Seriously, any drugs that can alter one's consciousness make me feel anxious.  It may have something to do with the fact that I am ADHD and Bipolar II.  I have been told that because of the way my brain is wired, the way drugs affect my brain is like throwing gasoline on a fire.  Something like that.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
    #2385217 - 02/27/04 09:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

will lose? there was no hidden connotations there. just a simple question...im not out to get you, im not like that

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Spectrum of Conciousness [Re: Atomisk]
    #2385291 - 02/27/04 10:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No, that's why I put the smiley face thingy.

Okay, jokes aside, and as part of a conversation...

No, I have never experienced mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2385332 - 02/27/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

mushrooms are

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Spectrum of Conciousness [Re: Shroomism]
    #2385381 - 02/27/04 10:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"mushrooms are" ... what??

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2385407 - 02/27/04 10:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

amazing. incredible.
potential tools of higher states of consciousness.
a necessary function of biological evolution and transmutation
it's all relative. and subjective.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2385441 - 02/27/04 11:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, well, I'm sure that mushrooms are good tools for those of us who can use them. Some of us are not able to use them. Fortunately for me, I don't really need them.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2385459 - 02/27/04 11:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

All we really "need" is food and water and shelter.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2385493 - 02/27/04 11:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I second that.  :grin:

Actually, I just said to someone else tonight that right now, I am so greatful for what I have.  (What thread am I on???)

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2385498 - 02/27/04 11:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It doesn't matter. All threads are one :grin:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2385501 - 02/27/04 11:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2386335 - 02/28/04 10:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Consciousness is all about where the focus is and what you are focusing on. If you are aware of something, you are conscious of it. :wink:

And what you are conscious of effects your actions. Someone who is aware of the fine little details in the way people act will act accordingly and will then propel their mind in a different direction... Someone who never really thought of death or its effects will become aware of it when a closed loved one dies or they have a close encounter with it and realize what death is and what it brings...

Your perspective changes with this new experience and this new awareness, at least to some degree, and the way life and new experiences are taken in changes, depending on how much of an impact the change had in you...

Someone who is always "conscious" of the fact that shadows are actually spys of a maleovent sort is going to act differently and their life will be led down a different path because of that.  :nut:

The wide spectrum comes into play because there is so much we can focus on. :grin: Some people stay conscious of material matters and things directly influencing their life and don't delve too far into concepts and ideas regarding around life itself.. others embrace feelings of interconnectedness and love of everything and the moment and stay conscious of the oppurtunity and experience life offers at every moment...

And etc. etc. etc. :lol: Take a moment to become aquainted with who you are and start making conscious decisions as to where your focus is going to go in every moment. Life takes on more dimensions when you are aware of more and more.  :thumbup:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #2386893 - 02/28/04 03:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Great thread Pharm!

I have created some amazing sensations without any drugs at all and I no little about meditation.

My method uses association, one of the minds most powerful features.  All I do is the same as everyone does before they go to sleep, drift off.  You are relaxing and focusing your thoughts on a previous experience, as you think in more and more detail about the experience you start to remember things and the experience starts to become more and more real.  This can be done without actually sleeping or letting go off mind control.

So just think of previouse experiences that produced the mind state you are aiming for, become envoked in those thoughts, it works for me! :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #2386899 - 02/28/04 03:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Another note:

Whatever enters the councious mind effects your uncouncious state of mind.

You cannot, obviously, control your emotions/mindstate directly but you control the thought flow that effects these emotions/states.

I'm an looking, at it, as tricking the mind to achieve desired results!

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Spectrum of Conciousness [Re: Ego Death]
    #2388253 - 02/29/04 04:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
I'm an looking, at it, as tricking the mind to achieve desired results!

Hehe, well, I would describe it more as learning how to use your mind to acheive desired thoughts and results... our mind isn't exactly something that can be tricked by ourselves.  :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2388326 - 02/29/04 05:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have used marijuana extensively to achieve that "Happy-place" and from my experiences I would prefer my children (if I had any) to use mj rather than alcahol.

I tend to be able to better organize my thoughts without mj but find abstinence increases unpleasent dream states (walking in the forest with my boyfriend where he loses his dog to an alligator and subsequently breaks up with me due to the influence of another guy who I get into a fight with)

I don't think I've ever experienced a lucid dream and only threshold psilocybin trips...so I think the key to my own experiences has been a constant dissatisfaction and questioning attitude towards the status-quo.

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #2388644 - 02/29/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

To understand a situation or for that matter, a shape, better, it helps to observe it from all angles, all possible perspectives. This is how I feel about different realms of consciousness, to experience life from every viewpoint and experience I can only to better understand this magnificent mystery. This is why the government has outlawed psychadelics, because in this age it's an easy way to gain understanding of our current state of being, that state being semi-repressed due to the aforementioned government.

..Y'say you want a revolutioonnn... yeah-eahhh...

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom