Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1157 | 1158 | 1159 | 1160 | 1161 | 1162 | 1163 | 1164 | 1165 | 1166 | 1167 | 1168 | 1169 | 1170 | 1171 | 1172 | 1173 | 1174 | 1175 | 1176 | 1177 | | Last >
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #23214692 -

Sebastien Tellier - Cochon Ville

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: California]
    #23214971 -

Humming from the ac, sounds of semi trucks moving around the yard, the flag pole rope snapping on the pole, my co workers foot steps, traffic out on the road. Oh yea some great music for sure I tell ya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #23215610 -

Dr. Delban said:
I've been checking out few latest NIN albums, which I have previously ignored. So far discovered one track that I like. If it was released on The Fragile, it would be one of the weakest tracks though...

Nine Inch Nails - All Time Low



Any other NIN fanatics here?



NIN was the last concert I've been too, was late '13 when I saw them. Need to go to more concerts, apparently I missed tool last year :sad:


--------------------
Vegetation has crawled for miles towards the cities. It is waiting. Once the city is dead, the vegetation will cover it, will climb over the stones, grip them, search them, make them burst with its long black pincers; it will blind the holes and let its green paws hang over everything.
—Jean-Paul Sartre, Nausea

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #23216354 -

Dr. Delban said:
I've been checking out few latest NIN albums, which I have previously ignored. So far discovered one track that I like. If it was released on The Fragile, it would be one of the weakest tracks though...

Nine Inch Nails - All Time Low



Any other NIN fanatics here?



With Teeth was the only release after The Fragile that id say is a good album.
Year zero and The Slip are subpar, Echoplex was my favorite off The Slip
Ghosts I-IV is really good too, a fully instrumental album. Hesitation Marks he tried to go back to TDS era but failed. (because nothing will ever be as good as another downward spiral)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: innerspeaker1967]
    #23216932 -



--------------------
Mangez-moi! Mangez-moi! Mangez-moi!
C'est la chant du psylo qui supplie
Qui joue avec les âmes
Et ouvre les volets de la perception

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: champimagik]
    #23217339 -



Jerry Garcia: Oregon state penitentiary


--------------------
From tundra with love!


FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: LeningradCowboy]
    #23217348 -



--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #23218147 -

checking out a new mixtape from new zealand producer who goes by smokeygotbeatz. from datpiff.

Quote:
SmokeyGotBeatz Presents "SWIDT vs EVERYBODY", available worldwide May 13, 2016, features Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Audio Push, Boo-Yaa Tribe, MC Eiht, King Lil G, Hit-Boy, Bushwick Bill and more. This project is a collection of the New Zealand-born producer's best tracks, and an introduction to his crew SWDIT and lead MD's SPYCC (pronounced 'Spike') and INF.



pretty dope.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: millzy] * 1
    #23218943 -

Rape Me - Nirvana


--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: innerspeaker1967]
    #23219661 -

innerspeaker1967 said:
Dr. Delban said:
I've been checking out few latest NIN albums, which I have previously ignored. So far discovered one track that I like. If it was released on The Fragile, it would be one of the weakest tracks though...

Nine Inch Nails - All Time Low



Any other NIN fanatics here?



With Teeth was the only release after The Fragile that id say is a good album.
Year zero and The Slip are subpar, Echoplex was my favorite off The Slip
Ghosts I-IV is really good too, a fully instrumental album. Hesitation Marks he tried to go back to TDS era but failed. (because nothing will ever be as good as another downward spiral)



There are some good tracks on With Teeth, but only a few really. And they are not timeless nor iconic as most of NIN tracks from before With Teeth.
To me, NIN is the most important band that emerged in the 90's, and The Fragile being the best 90's album. No joke. Was there any better album released in the 90's? I don't think so, but I am ready to hear any suggestions.
I still need to listen to "Ghost I-IV", maybe there is something decent there. I doubt Reznor will ever release anything iconic anymore. He is burned out. Keeps repeating similar sounds and rhythms from the past. I'd prefer to see him stop recording new music.


--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Edited by Dr. Delban (05/12/16 06:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #23219763 -

I know what you mean, I'd rather keep my experience of NIN where it is before Trent drags it down with another mediocre album. NIN did so much for music and for an entire scene. Like you said, iconic.




Edit: sorry about the fucked link, the forum doesn't fucking like me posting with the youtu.be style links from my phone, out gets angry and refuses to comply.

Edit to edit: educated myself and bothered to move the . And add com


--------------------

The geometry of us is no chance. We are antennae, we are tuning forks, we are receiver and transmitters of all energy. We are more than we know.  - @entheolove

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for"  - Georgia O'Keefe

I think the word is vagina

Edited by nuentoter (05/12/16 07:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: nuentoter]
    #23221837 -



--------------------
Mangez-moi! Mangez-moi! Mangez-moi!
C'est la chant du psylo qui supplie
Qui joue avec les âmes
Et ouvre les volets de la perception

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: nuentoter]
    #23221934 -

I didn't like Year Zero util it clicked with me. The first part of it is the same story told from different socioeconomic perspectives... then the world ends in a viral attack. I love it now. I love The Slip, too. Hesitation Marks and With Teeth are the weakest modern NIN, imo.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: automan] * 1
    #23222057 -

Fela Kuti




--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Lucis]
    #23222227 -

DIsco flute baby!


--------------------
Really though we are not living in a scientific or technological age.  Today human life is dominated by a hateful and greedy form of stasis which stands in the way of a coming technological age.  One where there is hope for the future for example, instead of fear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: rajabrokes] * 1
    #23222232 -

and some of the sickest shit, turned up so f-ing loud.

Trilok Gurtu in the studio



--------------------
Really though we are not living in a scientific or technological age.  Today human life is dominated by a hateful and greedy form of stasis which stands in the way of a coming technological age.  One where there is hope for the future for example, instead of fear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: rajabrokes]
    #23222807 -

a dog jumping and panting in excitement

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: wuhog]
    #23223183 -

Goa psytrance, cosmic dimensions-another species....no link youtube has it I'm sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: Orionancient]
    #23223194 -

Apples in Stereo - Tidal Wave


--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you listening to right now? [Re: airclay]
    #23223227 -



--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1157 | 1158 | 1159 | 1160 | 1161 | 1162 | 1163 | 1164 | 1165 | 1166 | 1167 | 1168 | 1169 | 1170 | 1171 | 1172 | 1173 | 1174 | 1175 | 1176 | 1177 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* just started listening to nine inch nails again...
( 1 2 all )
Vats of Blood 7,855 31 03/30/04 09:15 AM
by DoctorJ
* Listen to the air. San Pedros andPoetry dmtryptamine 918 0 02/08/07 11:46 PM
by dmtryptamine
* Who listens to Trance Music?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ArCh_TemPlaR 14,520 62 10/22/20 12:04 PM
by juloxx
* What are you currently listening to?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 )
VoidOfsPg 47,890 493 05/24/12 09:25 PM
by whatsgrimace
* what METAL album are you currently listening to?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
SHiZNO 25,645 163 04/23/10 07:10 AM
by MadSeasonAbove
* Something New to listen to.
( 1 2 3 all )
Aneglakya 10,702 48 08/12/08 12:35 PM
by truekimbo2
* Music/Artists you never thought you would listen to...
( 1 2 all )
adamj 5,678 25 02/09/09 09:11 PM
by tempingasashaman
* 5 best bands to listen to while trippin
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Smegmashroom 25,629 83 10/25/11 11:44 AM
by plektheplek

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
948,901 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.063 seconds spending 0.034 seconds on 18 queries.