Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: Shins] * 2
    #22943177 -

Shins said:
Democratic socialist is still socialist.



Maybe Bernie can help you with the concept of Democratic Socialism:

Bernie Sanders said:
"Let me define for you, simply and straightforwardly, what democratic socialism means to me. It builds on what Franklin Delano Roosevelt said when he fought for guaranteed economic rights for all Americans. And it builds on what Martin Luther King, Jr. said in 1968 when he stated that, ‘This country has socialism for the rich, and rugged individualism for the poor.’ It builds on the success of many other countries around the world that have done a far better job than we have in protecting the needs of their working families, the elderly, the children, the sick and the poor.”

Meanwhile, Socialism is defined as a system of collective ownership and management of the means of production and the distribution of goods.

Shins said:
Democratic socialism is insane!  it's pretty much a circle jerk majority of thugs going around robbing everyone until no one has anything left.



Today we have a circle jerk minority of thugs going around robbing everyone until no one has anything left.  That's what the corporations have been doing since the 80's.

Shins said:
The Nazis were socialist.



The Nazis were economically successful.

Shins said:
In terms of "free stuff" the legitimate role of government should only be to protect the bill of rights, to maintain law & order, and all maintain necessary custodial/record keeping.

It should NOT intervene in the economy



We've gone through this already.  That's your personal OPINION; it's not what the constitution requires.

Shins said:
...voluntary trade is both moral and spurs more innovation / product quality.  It means the rich can't screw you because you're not forced to pay.



But they can screw you because you are forced to work at the 'going rate' wages which are FAR lower than what people are actually worth to their companies.

Shins said:
With socialism they force you to pay for products,  it's economic rape.  Un-consentusl transaction.



So tell us how do you want to pay for the military?

Shins said:
Forced trade is never as economically beneficial as mutually consentual, voluntary trade.  With voluntary trade, sellers are forced to innovate and provide high quality/value in order to convince you to trade.  When trade is forced, the seller can provide the worst possible product and you have to pay anyways.

Socialism is forced trade.  It cannot create as much innovation and fair value as a voluntary free market could.



Please define "forced trade", and how it applies to democratic socialism (make sure you answer the above question about how we pay for the military first).

Shins said:
Unfortunately, banks and wall st. Have had the economy rigged for at least a century.  The game is so broken and unbalanced now that the "robber barons" would have an unfair advantage in a voluntary marketplace.

It's like to system needs to be reset, it's so infested with bugs and viruses they we need an economic re-format.  I can't think of how we could fix they imbalances that have gone on so long without some kind of major restructuring, it would probably cause a recession or depression in the short term, but long term it could get better.  Too bad The Fed will not allow the recession to run its course.  It is protecting the financial cheaters, they are the king cheaters at the fed.

End the fed!



You seem to know absolutely nothing about the role of the Fed.  Please explain why you believe a depression will be good for anyone, and what you would like to see changed exactly.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22943651 -

I voted once in my life at 18 and after that election was stolen I haven't voted since. I promised myself and have told others that I wouldn't be voting for the petite bourgeoisie trying to put lipstick on a pig, an american protectionist in both military action and financial terms and pushing keynesian programs. An american liberal through and through. But I think I might this time around simply due to attitudes like shins.


--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. *DELETED* [Re: airclay] * 1
    #22943662 -

Post deleted by BlackWidow

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by BlackWidow (02/03/21 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: BlackWidow]
    #22944236 -

Funny!  You should post that in the Political cartoons and leave this discussion to serious people.  :shake:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. *DELETED* [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #22944622 -

Post deleted by BlackWidow

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by BlackWidow (02/03/21 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: BlackWidow]
    #22944859 -

:smbfacepalm:

post them there not here.


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. *DELETED* [Re: Tipote]
    #22945732 -

Post deleted by BlackWidow

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by BlackWidow (02/03/21 12:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: BlackWidow]
    #22948414 -

Yeah shame on folks participating in conversation that's not going exactly as you please


--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. *DELETED* [Re: airclay]
    #22949159 -

Post deleted by BlackWidow

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by BlackWidow (02/03/21 12:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: BlackWidow]
    #22949185 -

I like bernie on a good part of his foreign policy, but everything else is shit.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: Shins] * 1
    #22949326 -

Shins said:
I like bernie on a good part of his foreign policy, but everything else is shit.



You've been destroyed on this point many times already.  Care to bring up any other specifics, or are you done having your ass handed to you?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22949871 -

You haven't destroyed my points at all.

Quit with the self glorifying self congratulations.  Just because I work for a living and don't have time or desire to respond to all of your stupid posts doesn't mean I had my ass hand to me. 


Also the point of debate and discussion isn't about "winning" or about handing someone's ass to them.  Thus isn't a fucking football game where it's team left vs team right.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: Shins] * 1
    #22950631 -

No specifics about what Bernie policies are shit?  I didn't think so.  :lol:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. *DELETED* [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22951243 -

Post deleted by BlackWidow

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by BlackWidow (02/03/21 12:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does no one talk about Gary Johnson for 2016? [Re: BlackWidow] * 1
    #22952043 -

You'll be happy if Hillary gets the nomination because no one is able to say what Bernie policies are shit???

:whateveryousayfreak:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 34 Libertarian arguments debunked silversoul7 2,657 7 05/09/03 05:06 AM
by Phred
* libertarian socialism
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 5,288 57 09/04/12 05:46 PM
by puffpuff23
* Anti-Drug War superior court judge becomes Libertarian Party
( 1 2 all )
40oz 1,460 20 09/10/22 01:30 PM
by alien-hybrid
* libertarianism
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
domite 12,876 131 09/23/03 03:26 PM
by Autonomous
* Libertarian Party on WMD hearings... Anonymous 1,250 11 06/20/03 04:56 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* U.S. intel: Russia compromised seven states prior to 2016 election
( 1 2 3 all )
musiclover420 1,407 42 03/03/18 09:18 PM
by ballsalsa
* (True) Libertarians Battle the Corporate State Evolving 1,545 3 04/10/04 05:16 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* What are Libertarian ideals/views?
( 1 2 all )
FileSoup 4,286 32 09/03/03 12:05 PM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,544 topic views. 5 members, 3 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.