Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
PFM Public Forum Movement.
    #2289323 - 01/31/04 09:12 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

so i was thinking of a metaphor for the modern human.

in this metaphor you are yourself, in your left hand you have an object of beauty, purity, innocence, benevolence, call it what you like, what matters is that it is very small and precious. to have it is to live happy, healthy, free, and to truly feel valuable.
to lose it is depression, depersonalization, corruption, ruin, to live, but not to thrive, you can survive without it, but are ever shadowed by the loss. deep in regret, sorrow, hollowness, a shell.

now in this metaphor, you are not alone, you are surrounded by monsters, who show no sign of leaving, they exude malice and immure you like a cage. they are menacing and insidious, all their intent is upon your ruin and the pleasure of their master, who is ever in your direct sight, looking not unlike yourself, but penetrating you with a massive ego-crushing will that makes you unable to see the boundry between him and yourself, his will cuts upon you like fire rain, right hand stretched out to take your glorious item, whispering that it would be simple, that all hope is lost, but never admitting it clearly enough to be a lie, ever torturing your mind, making it seem as though he takes it from you anyway, peice by peice and that perhaps some type of peace exists in surrender.
so easy, like putting it in your own other hand, but so dire and grave, a warning shines above, and he always tries to distract you from it, bait you into his way of thinking.
you might try to ignore him, but only once for you cannot close your eyes to him, as he is far more terrifying in your mind.
he stands before you, a totem, ever waiting for your one thing that means evrything to you. able to know your evry thought and action, and fully expecting victory over you, completely doubtless, even sloppy, but triumphant that it does not matter, knowing even his losses give him power by showing you how he cannot be defeated, and how you can be.
his monsters grow exponentially closer, never reaching you, but always able to move closer, till their breath is wet upon you, the sparkle of their teeth making your skin feel smooth. the smell, oh the horrible smell.

you are facing your own ruin. living in todays world, and evry day more of yourself is taken away by every regeret, every fear, evry ignored benefit from corruption and patronage of those less fortunate, evry part of yourself you cannot face.
by ignoring the fight, you lose it.
how many people are sufferign from depression? on antidepressants? they arent helping, never really will, what the world is suffering from is a sorry lack of identity. it is stolen from them, by temptation. belief in greed, excersizing ones ability to covet and becomming proud of qualities that are tainted.
turning fear into anger instead of abbandoning it and comming to terms with it. fearing being truly known and in doing so comming to hate yourself.
cultivating addictions, cultivating a marketable self, splitting yourself in two to keep them separate, but it has to be real doesn't it?

this is the disease that we made when we abbandoned our freedoms for comfort it is not fatal, but shall we resign ourselves to a fate worse than mere death?
you cant corrupt death, and we all go through it. life is where we exist, and it is the culmination of that lifes experiences that defines us as a being.
how do you want to be summed up?

for those of you who cant understand allegory, or simply wont, let me put it this way, you think, you can differenciate between yourself and the world around you,
by implication you understand you exist, if your an atheist, you still have to admit, youre something and you beleive at least there is a universe in which to put yourself.
you most certainly, from the stand point of your own personal point of reference (that would be you, your mind, behind your eyes or whatever you think you are) MUST beleive that you matter and define yourself upon this belief. therefore, you understand the importance to live rightly, if for nobody else than for yourself.

SO, how do you fight this invincable metaphorical foe?

i thought about it for a long time. i considered fighting. but thats sinply a battle of will, you're no match, and your will, when filled with malice enough to be potent in combat is automatically his. so it would be destructive to fight.
running, even if the monsters werent ever present, which they are, where would you go? to a magical land? a land of alcohol and heroin? it would work, but wait and see how goddamn big the monsters got while you were away. you also would lack by this point the one potent weapon you need to confront him. as i feel ive identified.

compassion. when faced with a devil, could you forgive him? to feel no malice, to truly show him love, not devotion, not reverence, simply pure empathy. understand his passions, and seek to replace the objects of his desire with emotional comfort. see him not as a disgusting twisted wretch, but as a child made monster by nature.
could god himself forgive the devil? ask god why hes an athiest. maybe he just cant forgive the devil.

im thinking, of creating a real public forum, sort of like a social mechanism, not unlike a church, but open and in public, all people welcome to share, t5o express their veiws loudly and clearly, the policing agents of the society we have made would be unable to provide "free speech zones" for the movement would be widely accepted and could form anywhere without much prior organizing (by leftist yahoos for example) the media would be welcome, not led away like with just about all recent demonstrations.
a truly open podium, with no podium to hide behind, perhaps a network of people who have megaphones who can begin anytime the need arizes, up to and including the presence of government figureheads, it would be unlawful to disperse such gatherings by force, and widely resisted.
it would be accepted by society so arrests made to silence oppinions would result in huge public outcry, and people would not be afraid of the concequences, the monsters, or the man with the outstretched hand.

i would give this whole post as a speach and not be afraid, i would plea, not demand, that people show compassion towards the man with the outstretched hand, show him he shall receive not what he seeks and only that which we feel is good for all.

people will have voices, they will matter. they will be able to stop hating themselves and eachother, resistance to self-understanding wont feel right anymore, the most important thing in the world will fit snuggly into the hand that will treat it best, forever.

are you feeling me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: PFM Public Forum Movement. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2289574 - 01/31/04 12:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

guess not :P

ahh, why would anyone forgive the devil anyway?  thats as silly as forgiving themselves :frown:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2289763 - 01/31/04 01:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man, I really liked that!

A public forum sounds like a very intriguing idea, too. How would we go about setting one up?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: PFM Public Forum Movement. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2289863 - 01/31/04 02:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well i was thinking a media expose.
the anchor would introduce the headline "well, they call themselves the Public Forum Movement (or something catchyier) and theyre making a stir (or something like that) heres a naked midget with more," then the naked midget (or a corrispondant to be named later) explains the motives and goals, some of the more contraversial topics are displayed on the news with the suggestion that a truly open forum is the idea, maybe show some examples of free speech zones cordoning off any hope of media communication in previous forum attempts, and arrests for public displays and disturbance ordanance violations, you know, basic violations of human rights.
give a contanct for information about how to join the party and be a moble public forum willing to face up to authority to have your peice said and offer a forum for others, exchange information on selecting the best spots with newsletters and a website forum, identify yourself as a mobile forum with a patch perhaps or other means of identification, employ the use of cameras and recorders wherever possible, frequent gatherings and concerts, (like thats a problem) encourage and support strangers to speak, set an example, embarrass yourself if you have to, show them that even just to embarrass yourself, to draw attention, is freedom, to show the world you exist and youre only human, but wont settle for less.

that kinda thing.

ive been looking for an excuse to buy a megaphone anyway.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#2289873 - 01/31/04 03:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

oh and with that whole good evil god devil allegory,
how bout this, perhaps god created us as a cage for sin, something to contain the devil in himself... hmmm?

when i say god of course i mean me, and you and dirt and rocks and air etc etc :smile:  but i think you know what i mean, this whole "all one" paradigm is pretty much a font in this forum.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2290117 - 01/31/04 05:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, for life to go on, it has to convert to the good side eventually, as the evil side ends up destroying life itself...

And, of course, you can't just throw people into a system comprising only of good, because then they are ignorant! They don't know shit and they just sit there. No motivation to learn, etc. etc...

Like the Garden of Eden! :wink: Damn, its almost as if Biblical stories are metaphors carrying ideas. hehe.

The Tree of Knowledge? We were given the CHOICE to conceptualize, to seperate from the animal state of being, unaware. This other polarity was formed. And then BOOM! A catalyst to learn and to evolve back towads the Garden.

And when we do return, it will be in a state of knowledable bliss.. we'll be able to fully appreciate it for what it is, because we know what it is like to be seperated from it.

That whole thing is basically a concept, I don't actually believe in a God and a snake and shit.. humans eating apples and becoming aware.. its basically an archetype (well, not like an entity, but you know), and this concept can be seen manifesting in a whole lot of shit....

Anyways, I'm posting while deprived of sleep, SpecialEd is going to have my head on a silver platter! :lol:

And, man, when me and my band are in a position to help with this forum thing, if you are serious about it, we will!
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: PFM Public Forum Movement. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2290799 - 01/31/04 10:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ya man, like lets be crazy people with megaphones :smile:
its our right :smile:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2291277 - 02/01/04 06:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
ya man, like lets be crazy people with megaphones :smile:
its our right :smile:

There have been a lot of times where I have wanted to slap everyone residing on this planet in the fucking face and scream into their ears "WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE, YOU FUCKING FUCKS!"

We are at a point now where your voice isn't going to be heard by barely anyone... all we can do is whisper into the ears of those close by and spread the message along...

By the way, I really like your concept. A nexus of information and opinion... where people took full focus in listening to each other and crafting ideas for the world.. we have a lot of little concentration points like this, this forum being a strong one.. but we need a nexus, damn it! The Internet in general *sort of* is like this, but not really... we are entering a time where we can't really fuck around with ignorance anymore...

We need to strive to make sure that every single person is developing a true understanding of all of this so that we can pick up this species and thrust us in a positive, life enriching direction. After all, it is our right to better ourselves, its why the ability to conceptualize floated out of space and time and into our minds.  :eyemouth:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom