Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Public Apology
    #2303716 - 02/05/04 04:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Some may take this as sign of weakness and some may gloat upon hearing this; I really don't care. Not that I am apathetic, but it's just that I care more about this community of friends than I care about any one's opinion or how I look to some.

Many of you have become aware of strong undercurrents and factions forming here in our own special and private community. If a spiritual community cannot come together in love then how can the world find peace? It cannot. Let it start here and now.

Let's ALL put an end to this nonsense! It is not showing our best side to each other nor to newcomers wishing to join. Isn't communion what we are all striving for no matter our beliefs?

There NEVER was any intent (initially) on my part to hurt anyone. That is the gospel truth. Some have (mis)interpreted my comments as hurtful which is also true. There have been attacks and defenses and counter attacks. Rather than lay blame anywhere or on any one person or persons, let's move forward in a new spirit of understanding, compassion and forgiveness. Isn't that truly what we are all about?

Let's stop the anger and the hurtful comments all around. If we cannot do this, then our experiment here is a failure.

For the record, I apologize to the moderators, the community and to any individual members who have experienced pain or discomfort upon my words and for keeping this silly war going.

If anyone wants to contact me I am ready to listen quietly and without defense.

Love to all of you.  :heart:

Swamster

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (02/05/04 11:26 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuincunx
Whisper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Public Apology [Re: Swami]
    #2303725 - 02/05/04 04:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Some may take this as sign of weakness

No. Love and compassion are the strongest weapons that can conquer anything. To show them it is not a sign of weakness but a sign of how strong one is. You are strong.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #2303734 - 02/05/04 05:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

is it?

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2303750 - 02/05/04 05:14 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hear here!!!

/stands and applauds

Swami impresses me once again with a sincere display of love and kindness, talking of acceptance and diversity and understanding? Oh happy days..

Love is the force which binds...let us embrace our diversity in unity and understanding. That we might set the standard for the future world..

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #2303751 - 02/05/04 05:14 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

generally speaking, i've noticed groups who think themselves to be "intellectuals" have serious issues with respecting one another... especially with the anonymity of the internet.
probably being shitty to others here eases one's inferiority complex.... i may not be no einstein, but at least i'm ain't that stupid mutha-fucka CosmicJoke.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2303771 - 02/05/04 05:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

glad to hear it.  only of the last days have I "heard" of this. it confused me actually to think "factions" here existed (I guess I am naive).  I love to come to this place and share ideas openly.

I'm happy to see no finger pointing either! I still consider myself a newcomer since I haven't been here for that long, so I don't know about a lot of things about what has happened here in the past. But to hear about like one group and then there's another group is like you said swami "It is not showing our best side to each other nor to newcomers wishing to join."

my words may not ber a lot, but much love to everyone

:heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

#2303812 - 02/05/04 06:46 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:smile: I'm gonna start hangin out in here, this is more my type of place anyway, and this is where I should be.

Anonymous

Re: Public Apology [Re: Shroomism]
    #2303839 - 02/05/04 07:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#2303843 - 02/05/04 07:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What? No more drama? Hey, hasn?t ever occurred to you that some of us might not even own a TV?

Note:
I can?t speak for others, but if any of you feel like being sarcastic towards me, please do. I would probably enjoy it more than a boring reply and I would not like to have the right of being the receiver of sarcasm taken away from me. Thank you.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #2303993 - 02/05/04 10:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

// *  ..Politely bows to the Swamster..  * \\

I like you Swami.

:biggrin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2304035 - 02/05/04 10:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Butbut....Swami...I thought you were...like, hardcore and shit dude.

Now you're all softy and shtuff??!

Hmph!

I demand a REFUND!

lol jk..Na seriously, I havent really been paying much real attention to the drama or whatever is going on here thats causing you to apologize... but I do know that anybody who is humble enough to apologize openly, for anything, particularly publically, is commendable, in my book. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #2304079 - 02/05/04 11:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Right on Swami!

This is forum is incredibly civil, even with the flames, and I'm grateful to be able to come here and read and share ideas. I agree that the little "wars" are ridiculous...nothing looks sillier than a bunch of people putting "To No One In Particular" Disclaimers in their posts so that they can get in a quick jab.

I love the diversity around here. A lot of times I'll read something Swami writes and I'll get riled up, ready to jump in the ring swingin', but after giving it some thought I usually find that his posts are meant to make you think, and even if they dont make you think what he thinks, they are still a valuable part of this forum.

Its the people who take what Swami (and others) says personally that spark the hateful exchanges. Swami is Swami, and I doubt that any of us are going to drastically change the way he percieves reality, so why make it our sacred "mission" to do so? Thats like getting woken up by the Sun every day and getting pissed off! I can't stand the Sun, its always bothering me and waking me up! I'm gonna kick its ass!!!

The Sun does what it does, its part of the machine, just like everyone and everything else. All just doing their thing and giving us the oppurtunity to learn from them and integrate their unique view of things into our own realities.

I :heart: S&P!

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2304093 - 02/05/04 11:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Rock on, Swami - Don't stop doing what you're doing around here man :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2304110 - 02/05/04 11:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well said.
let's hope everything gets back to normal (whatever that is around here)

and I don't get this whole thing about you "bashing believers"...
I honestly don't see it. I see you questioning beliefs a lot, but that's very different from actually going after people.

anyhow, it's good to see you taking the first step.

PS : don't get soft on us now! do not change who you are!

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Public Apology [Re: ]
    #2304301 - 02/05/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Mushrooms said:
This forum has been a safe haven for certain members to bash believers senseless all in the name of "tough love" for years.  This has been done without any regard to what the believers themselves wanted, or deserved, imo.

My intention is to stop that.  If I see anyone violating the rules, and particularly going after believers, I will do everything within the confines of the rules to stop it.

If anyone has made themselves look like a fool here it is me.  But I don't care what I look like to others when I am attempting to stop abuse.

I realize I haven't been here for years, but in the last few months that I havebeen here, on an almost full-time basis (:grin:), I haven't felt like I have been bashed for my beliefs, and I am a Christian.  There have been a few "assholes", but they don't post regularly, as I can see.

Who determines what constitutes abuse, and who should go after the alleged "abuser"?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Public Apology *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #2304333 - 02/05/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by MAIA

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2304537 - 02/05/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Swami, you rule, man. You have definitely been everywhere and seen everything, and you have definitely built up a lot of knowledge and understanding as to the way things work.

You provide a perspective here that is full of value, even if you don't come right out and say what your intent was. I think it is a disgrace that you are being hung out to dry for it when you have so much to offer to this community.

I may not really know you, but a careful observer can pick up a whole hell of a lot about someone just from what they post, over time and focus put into it, personalities seep through.... you are all right, man, thanks for posting here!:mushroom2:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2304591 - 02/05/04 01:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"Come on people now.  Smile on your brother.  Everybody get together, try to love one another right now." :rolleyes:

fuck peace

life is war

peace is boring. 

fuck pulling p unches.  I say: "bring it on!"

even the angels are at war. 

conflict is the heart of every good story. 

Remember: the same God that created Ghandi also created Hitler.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2304631 - 02/05/04 01:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Some may take this as sign of weakness and some may gloat upon hearing this; I really don't care. Not that I am apathetic, but it's just that I care more about this community of friends than I care about any one's opinion or how I look to some.

Many of you have become aware of strong undercurrents and factions forming here in our own special and private community. If a spiritual community cannot come together in love then how can the world find peace? It cannot. Let it start here and now.

Let's ALL put an end to this nonsense! It is not showing our best side to each other nor to newcomers wishing to join. Isn't communion what we are all striving for no matter our beliefs?

There NEVER was any intent (initially) on my part to hurt anyone. That is the gospel truth. Some have (mis)interpreted my comments as hurtful which is also true. There have been attacks and defenses and counter attacks. Rather than lay blame anywhere or on any one person or persons, let's move forward in a new spirit of understanding, compassion and forgiveness. Isn't that truly what we are all about?

Let's stop the anger and the hurtful comments all around. If we cannot do this, then our experiment here is a failure.

For the record, I apologize to the moderators, the community and to any individual members who have experienced pain or discomfort upon my words and for keeping this silly war going.

If anyone wants to contact me I am ready to listen quietly and without defense.

Love to all of you.  :heart:

Swamster

I just wanted save that... for evidence.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Public Apology [Re: Sclorch]
    #2304737 - 02/05/04 02:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

rofl man.. :lol:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology