Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA?
    #22834191 -

I've been curious about this since I took it, what do you think would happen if someone who is incapable of feeling empathy, takes a drug that is known for making people more empathetic(at least while on it). Would they be able to get a glimpse of what it's like to feel for other people? Or would they just get the euphoria? I don't think anything significant would happen, or even if they did feel empathy it would disappear after it wore off and they'd just chalk it up as a drug experience and move on with their lives the way they normally would but I'm still kind of curious.

I've tried looking stuff up on it and can't really find anything concrete, what do you guys/girls think about it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen to a psychopath who takes MDMA? [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #22834194 -

I think they wouldn't get anything beyond the euphoria, but I'd be interested to know the real answer somehow


--------------------


Ezuma Art:

http://ezumaart.weebly.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath takes MDMA? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22834204 -

A psychopath would likely also feel empathy towards others but would also maintain a level of distance even under the influence.

And of course, he would feel strong levels of euphoria.  It would seem more of a recreational drug than an empathogen.

That's my opinion anyway.

Somebody should do a study.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath takes MDMA? [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #22834231 -

Eh, I've met assholes who have taken MDMA and then continued to treat the people in their life horribly. I'm sure the stuff is capable of producing profound personality changes in some people though, if taken in the right circumstances.


--------------------


Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath takes MDMA? [Re: hex_enduction]
    #22834237 -

I believe this interesting query has been discussed before and Asante has some first hand knowledge.

I remember his thread about a large Chinese man with Japanese weapons who was a sociapath or something and flipped out on Asante while on MDMA together, or something like that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath takes MDMA? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22834373 -

This is an interesting question.
I can't say I know the answer, but I do know that I don't feel any more or less empathetic while on MDMA. It just gives me euphoria and super positive emotional vibes.


--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath takes MDMA? [Re: TopPmz]
    #22834684 -

Maybe you're a psychopath then.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath takes MDMA? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #22835059 -

Its a distinct possibility.


--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22835098 -

I knew a kid who would take it and go harass people and pick fights while rolling. I have no idea how he could do it. I found it a little disturbing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22835131 -

SirShroomsAlott said:
I've been curious about this since I took it, what do you think would happen if someone who is incapable of feeling empathy, takes a drug that is known for making people more empathetic(at least while on it). Would they be able to get a glimpse of what it's like to feel for other people? Or would they just get the euphoria? I don't think anything significant would happen, or even if they did feel empathy it would disappear after it wore off and they'd just chalk it up as a drug experience and move on with their lives the way they normally would but I'm still kind of curious.

I've tried looking stuff up on it and can't really find anything concrete, what do you guys/girls think about it?



They would still be a psychopath.

They are BORN without the ability to empathize or sympathize. They will still be a sociological liability no matter how many drugs you feed them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: myc_check1212]
    #22835537 -

And MDMA can probably temporarily allow them to experience empathy, similar to how an autistic person would develop emotional understanding under the influence of MDMA.


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22835546 -

Just go look through Bill_Oreillys old posts for your answer.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: Zombi3]
    #22835590 -

Zombi3 said:
Just go look through Bill_Oreillys old posts for your answer.



:lol:


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: myc_check1212]
    #22835610 -

I've read that the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is that a psychopath is born, a sociopath is made?

I don't know if that's true, but I saw a recent article that talked about how recent research has suggested that sociopaths don't lack the ability to empathize, but they have the ability to turn it on and off like flicking a switch.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #22835747 -

DragonChaser said:
I've read that the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is that a psychopath is born, a sociopath is made?

I don't know if that's true, but I saw a recent article that talked about how recent research has suggested that sociopaths don't lack the ability to empathize, but they have the ability to turn it on and off like flicking a switch.



Its true.

A psychopath is born without the ability to empathize or sympathize. Fact. No amount of drugs or therapy can fix it. The best they can do is fake it to fit in.

Sociopaths are not born socially defective, but loose empathy/sympathy by trauma (cerebral or mental), programming, drugs et al

In a nut shell the defection of a sociopath is caused by the negative and destructive aspects of society. I'm am unaware if a sociopath can be treated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: myc_check1212]
    #22835911 -

Psychedelics tend to show me the beauty in the world and make me strive to improve myself. Then you have krystal cole who takes them and tortures people. I think the same thing can be applied to mdma.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #22867769 -

DragonChaser said:
I've read that the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is that a psychopath is born, a sociopath is made?

I don't know if that's true, but I saw a recent article that talked about how recent research has suggested that sociopaths don't lack the ability to empathize, but they have the ability to turn it on and off like flicking a switch.



In that case, I'm definitely not a psychopath. A sociopath, perhaps.


--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: TopPmz]
    #22867801 -

I did that, given a sociopath MDMA. At first he was ready to crack some skulls but I managed to talk him down to some chill chatting instead till it wore off.

It awoke his fight or fight response. Fortunately he decided not to make a mess. I had to talk a bo stick out of his hands.

Not something I'd do again.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #22868125 -

I find the MDMA empathy to be superficial and fake :shrug:

Really overdid that stuff though so that might be it. I used to think it the best substance ever


--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would would happen if a psychopath took MDMA? [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #22868129 -

MDMA is my favorite of all time, 5-mapb is very good too. It would be more interesting to give it to manic depressives and see what happens.:grin: Thinking of the 6-apdb, don't like the nausea reports though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* MDMA DEA Approval Therapy Study ! Earth_Droid 1,007 5 03/12/04 09:32 PM
by fee
* Share your thoughts....advance science(MDMA) Psilocybeingzz 974 1 06/16/04 10:30 PM
by Anonymous
* What will happen on December 21, 2012?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Brukan 18,124 111 05/22/19 08:07 AM
by Antigov
* Something very sscary happened to me today...
( 1 2 3 all )
mopeds_beep_beep 5,860 53 04/05/04 07:51 AM
by Ripple
* killing a dream?it could happen
( 1 2 3 all )
whiterasta 7,657 42 08/05/03 08:54 PM
by GGreatOne234
* somthing very weird id going to happen today.
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 3,758 25 08/06/04 05:36 PM
by Edge
* Something happened today that really scared me Clean 1,374 10 05/15/04 09:41 PM
by Clean
* What happened to you today that was positive?
( 1 2 all )
Morphrying 4,299 29 02/16/03 03:04 PM
by fjbk47985

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,241 topic views. 6 members, 20 guests and 69 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.