Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Entremanure]
    #21003619 -

Good! Actually haven't been to the city yet that's plans for today or tomorrow.  PM me we should grab a drink or food sometime an talk shop. We literally know no one out here or what places as far as food or things to check out we should do.


--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Rewindicus]
    #21003842 -

What are you folks using for ISP's and services?

DSL, cable modem, fiber?

AT&T U-Verse, Comcast, satellite internet, etc?

Looking to land work as business/commercial or residential fiberoptic tech.

Do your lines travel underground? Or does everything come from the telephone pole to a centralized location on the sides of buildings or both?

And also what county are you in?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden]
    #21845542 -

Bump..

Dys said:
Hey folks.

Wife and I are looking to move to the Ashland area of Oregon or maybe even surrounding areas.

We both need medical marijuana. Ashland Alternative Health looks promising and has a lot of information. Looks like we won't have any problems procuring it and getting our cards so this is good. If anyone uses them or has "reviews" or any suggestions please let me know. Google is dandy and all but I've found over the years that shroomerites tend to be more honest. First hand accounts from you guys and girls mean a lot to me.


I've gotta go back to school and get my teaching certification for Oregon so we are a bit torn. Southern Oregon University is likely where I will end up for my teaching cert.

We are moving to get mmj for wife's fibro myalgia and my busted back. We aren't just moving there for the weed though, we have family around there and the PNW was where we were going to move to after our wedding but ended up in Minnesota which turned out to be a 5 year mistake.

Hoping not to live in a college town unless necessary. Ashland and the OSU thing though..

Also finding an area with cable service providers (Ashland has a nice fiber optic network in case I have to fall back on my trade). I read some areas are Comcast, and thankfully dish is everywhere because I can just do that even though it's easy/boring. I'd like to not have to do manual labor anymore. I'm thinking long term health now that another birthday is approaching.  I'd like to be 50 and not on fentanyl and hydromorphone.

Hell, I went to school for a BA in lit, an MA in social discourse in comparative literature and an MA in English with a focus on Renaissance and World Lit. I'd like to hope maybe even getting my foot in the door as a professor and go for my Ph.D.

Are these areas any good? Has anyone been there or does anyone live around them?

How are the police on mmj, how receptive of medical are people, how are the school systems? Public and private education as well as higher education. Surely some of you attend college out there.

I've been torn between leaving work and using this settlement money to make it through the winter, but after something that happened at work I'm just leaving. I need my health. I love my job and make good money but I'm so tired of excruciating pain.

Eugene would just be a giant mistake unless I can get a professorship there?

We will be spending two weeks each in our top two picks.

Tl; dr

Need mmj, need a teaching certification to put my education to use, and would like to not live in hipster central. Can deal with it if necessary.  Wild magic mushrooms a bonus but not required. Limited snowfall preferred.



How are Bend and Sherwood?

What counties suck for medical mj?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden]
    #21846004 -

I'm in ashland right now (lived in past, visiting now)... moar weed in moar forms for cheaper than you could shake a stick at .. legal as of July.. it's hot as fuck and dry at the moment but a 30 min drive will take you to lush mountains and super badass hotsprings. Great insane people and one of the best Parks (lithia) out there. Real estate and renting isn't cheap but there's good deals to be found with patience. Jobs can be tough to come across but the ganja industry is a good place to find one. Ashland does not really have a college town vibe overall..


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: twighead]
    #21846046 -

Reading your post again, police in ashland simply do not mess with the weed. And are probably the easiest going police force I've ever seen in the US. Ashland also has highest rate of ph.ds in the US and more bookstores/literary things than just about anywhere I've been :awebig:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden]
    #21846792 -

Dys said:
What are you folks using for ISP's and services?

DSL, cable modem, fiber?

AT&T U-Verse, Comcast, satellite internet, etc?

Looking to land work as business/commercial or residential fiberoptic tech.

Do your lines travel underground? Or does everything come from the telephone pole to a centralized location on the sides of buildings or both?

And also what county are you in?



internet is through comcast they are the monopoly out here but the service is very good as in no lag or outages. I actually dont know how we have our net.  i mean there arent any phone poles so im assuming its underground.


--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Rewindicus]
    #21847231 -

I figured aerials, aerial to underground or just bored in fiber.

Talking with one more realtor tomorrow.

Beaverton is looking good.

I hope it's not as shitty as some of these foreclosed houses are (never a good sign), but at least I know I've got work right when I move out there.

I can't wait to go hiking and find psychedelic drugs, lol. Man if I find the right place for the right price I'd be there next week.

From the people with whom I've spoken it seems like everyone has this perception everything is so far away. My credit union is further away than Portland. Fargo ND is further away as well. Maybe I've just grown used to the fact that living in the country requires so much driving. Complaining of a half hour commute, lol, try 2+ hours for 18 months, jeepers. At least we will be ready to go wherever.

Things are looking good. Just went over finances and assets and I'll be damned if I'm stuck in W Central MN renting another year, forget that.

:thumbup:


Thank you all for your help, if anyone has anything to add please do!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden]
    #21848504 -

Yeah I live 10 mins from downtown and people say I live in the suburbs lol. Suburbs in Chicago was a 45-50 min drive lol.

Use Google street view an check out the neighborhood and surrounding areas that's what I did!

Also as for finding phychs.....there are mushroom hunting Meetup groups and psychedelic Meetup groups out here. Its pretty awesome!


--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Rewindicus]
    #21851473 -

Amazing how much changes in a day.

Found a great realtor through a mutual friend. Have two homes we are looking at that we qualify for and the shoe fits. Got a lender and sent him all my asset info and things look great, but a mortgage isn't an overnight thing.

Already have resumes going to two local companies who need licensed tradesmen. One is happy, one wants a phone interview, but whichever.. I'm eligible for another license in 6 months that will make me 100x more marketable. A major company wants me now but I'm not working for them unless it means being homeless and hungry.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop but wow, that turned around really quickly.


I love you guys. Thanks so much for all the information these past like 6+ months. We will (ideally) soon be first time home owners :wink:


:bonghit: :vaped: :bonghit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden] * 1
    #21851939 -

Congrats man keep in touch I can show you round town!


--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Rewindicus]
    #22462488 -

Rewindicus said:
Congrats man keep in touch I can show you round town!



Check your PMs.

Everything worked out well. This thread really helped us make our decision. We are happy and healthy paying the same for rent. Looking for a house in the spring.

It's been a bad mushroom hunting season here for me and the cyclist wookies. Most if not all are saying go north to PDX or south to Eugene. Right in the middle of nothing just my luck. :lol:  Many amazing species of both fungi and mosses.

PDX is an awesome airport compared to Bradley in CT, O'Hare, and Fargo ND. Had a great time coming in, most things went without a hitch, people here are great in general.

Much shroomy love everyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden]
    #22462499 -

In my part of Oregon, the season hasnt started yet.

It starts at the end of this month when the frost comes in.

So be patient, in a couple weeks, it could be BOOMING in your area.

Also, how you liking that recreational marijuana from the dispensers :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22462877 -

Hahaha, it's stunning.

If you pick you should come to the coast with me this week. I've been looking for a partner and azzies are exploding. I've found at least 40 different species if not 50+.. so there's mush and habitats are good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery, need advice on Oregon so wife and I can settle down [Re: Adden]
    #22463106 -

Daaaamn.


Wish i could but im real broke ATM. cant spend the gas money right now.

Im hoping to get a full time job soon. We'll see.

Inlands got some actives too, just gotta know where to look.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bend Oregon??? shaggy101 1,110 11 03/25/04 01:54 AM
by love2zen
* SUPPORT THE SHROOMERY!
( 1 2 all )
theshiftingwalls 4,447 32 11/29/03 06:28 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* "The Shroomery Pics JGB" Volume 2
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Ripple 20,576 138 04/15/09 02:11 PM
by Krishna
* Shroomery Pics Volume 1
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Ripple 37,218 218 03/01/05 06:55 PM
by blissedout
* Shroomery Pics 2 - once again !!
( 1 2 3 all )
shriek 6,556 46 04/30/04 09:24 PM
by shriek
* Need advice from Shroomerite girls
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 9,248 57 09/23/03 04:08 AM
by Anonymous
* Moving to another country - need advice
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,028 20 04/03/03 10:57 PM
by spiritshaper
* Shroomer friend needs advice Jenny 1,913 14 08/10/04 12:42 AM
by OuchITripped

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,334 topic views. 6 members, 59 guests and 238 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.