Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Great music
    #2126754 -

As I've been getting into drugs, I've also been getting into electronic music (surprise?).

I've got a thorough collection of Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen, all of shpongle, some oakenfold, and some random stuff. I'm looking to broaden my collection...suggestionson artists, songs, to get? I'm looking to get some good intense stuff, stuff ot listen to when tripping, etc, and also some good laid back chill ambient stuff. Nothing too pop-ish though, nothing you'd hear on 102.7 KIIS FM (Socal people know what I'm saying).

Anyway take a look at the emoticon I used for this thread, describes me well right now, time to pass out.


--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: jong21]
    #2126833 -

For intense stuff, try out Underworld, Leftield (they have made both extremely intese and very dubby/ambient tracks), and some of Orbital (P.E.T.R.O.L. for example).

Excellent ambient worth checking out is Biosphere, Boards Of Canada, Future Sound Of London, Orbital, M?m, Sigur Ros, Bola, Plaid.. can't really go wrong with any of them.

If you're just starting to look into electronic music, you really should make yourself aquainted with Warp Records (http://www.warprecords.com) which have almost single handedly defined electronic music since the early nineties.


--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: muhurgle]
    #2127024 -

As a Trance Addict too, i can Highly recommend you Progressive & minimal trance, instead of full-on stuff there's not lots of acid sounds everywhere, just a minimal rythm, a deep bass and a very trippy atmosphere..... :wink:

artists like Antix, Frogacult, Phony Orphants, Day Din ....transports me miles away :smile:

There's also some very good dark minimal....

PM me if you would like some advices :wink:

(xcuse for my poor english)

 


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: Yggdrasil]
    #2127060 -

For Ambient music, I love "Carbon based lifeforms" (ultimae rds) its an amazing sound, Also Entheogenic or Aes Dana, or by Hallucinogen, the "in-dub" Remixes ..... :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: Yggdrasil]
    #2127150 -

this is all you need - http://www.somafm.com/groovesalad.pls

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: billy cuts]
    #2127374 -

Thanks buys for the great advice...btw yggdrasil I already have the hallucinogen in dub, some of hte greatest stuff I've heard, especially the bass monkey mix of solstice.

I'm gonna get workin on kazaa....thanks again


--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: jong21]
    #2128342 -

www.philosomatika.com :wink:

Best thing since air :smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2128499 -

TOOL, dredg, radiohead, a perfect circle.

Those are tha four main I always listen to.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: Cloud9]
    #2128661 -

phish for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2128670 -

Streetlight Manifesto (former Catch22), Open Hand, Frodus, Radiohead, Avenged Sevenfold, The Slackers, Minusthebear, No Knife, Poison The Well, Kashmir, Mod Flanders Conspiracy, Jimmi Hendrix, Anti-Flag, 311......

I could keep going.


--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: Psilozero]
    #2128700 -

Wow, love the ambient beats and grooves stream.... been listening 20 minutes now and I feel like I could totally trip for hours to this.


--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: NugDumper]
    #2128774 -

ambient beats and grooves stream? what's that?


--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: jong21]
    #2128969 -

check out www.shoutcast.com and look under the different types of genres on the right side of the page,they have a lot of different types of internet radio streams.


--------------------
"an immigrant from heaven on earth with a work visa"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: kREATION1]
    #2129558 -

Cerberus Shoal (especially the newest album Chaiming The Knobblesone.. it's pure brillance, i'm addicted.)

Shalabi Effect

Acid Mother's Temple (I dont' know if I'd wanna listen to them for too long while tripping, they have freakout moments which are super cool but really intense.)

1 Speed Bike

Exhaust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2129681 -

I can give you some amazing electronic music and the specific trademark tracks to download...just give me a few hours to get my thoughts together. My CD case is 95% techno ever since I got into the scene a few years back. People do not realize the potential of this genre. Some really good ones might be hard to find due to the fact some are only availabe on vinyl and since they arent reallt POP----Kazaa will be a little scarce. But I will give you some really good tracks to introduce you to some great names!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: jong21]
    #2129811 -

Well since I also love trance Ill give you a list of what I have on my computer at the moment. So if you want you can check them out.

Dj Micro
Dj Matrix
Dj tiesto
1200 mics - mescaline (great song)
Dj tandu
Dj quick silver
Dj Rad
Ayla
Dj Sasha
Gouryella
Scooter
Safri Duo
Martillo Vago - por que no (I really like this song)
Neo Cortex
Plastic Angel
Dj Mystic
Mark 'oh
Darude
Chicane

Again these are the artist I like. They vary from dance music to trance music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: Osker246]
    #2130591 -

dj shadow, prefuse 73, boards of canada, plaid, rjd2

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: jong21]
    #2130754 -

jong21 said:
As I've been getting into drugs, I've also been getting into electronic music (surprise?).




Everyone goes through that "stage"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: TheCow]
    #2130758 -

And you have since transcended to superior music, such as?


--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Great music [Re: muhurgle]
    #2130850 -

I was joking obviously man. But it seems to me that most people who do hallucinogens, get into this electronic music phase. Now I undesrtand that many people have been listening to it for a while, but I think most people will realize the silly nature of it. Personally I found it interesting for about a month, then I got intensely bored.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ambient tunes? anyone??
( 1 2 all )
Holy Shet Fuhl 3,474 32 04/28/03 05:12 PM
by Bob_J
* Music on Mushrooms
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
innernetter 20,862 80 02/17/05 11:44 PM
by Strumpling
* Type of Music
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Syddartha 5,556 64 07/28/03 12:38 AM
by Noviseer
* Worst Music Ever While Tripping
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Kiafi 10,334 84 09/30/04 06:39 PM
by idontclassify
* electronic music
( 1 2 all )
sevendef 4,405 28 09/10/01 10:38 AM
by Anonymous
* Music- what is your preference
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DanKGrooV 6,606 68 05/13/03 09:54 PM
by smkingjoker
* Don't really like shpongle, need some other music
( 1 2 3 4 all )
cybrbeast 8,117 64 10/15/12 10:34 PM
by Chaotic sheeple
* opinion of music peacinanarchy 1,210 17 06/01/03 07:28 AM
by thestringphish

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie
4,550 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.