Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepeacinanarchy

opinion of music
    #1589822 - 05/29/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For anyone that likes to trip and is looking for good natural vibes i suggest any music by the grateful dead, string cheese incident, and allman brothers. It seems that some forms of techno are quite popular on this site to trip to. To me music like that is computer generated and it brings on unatural feelings we as humans are not used to.It expands our mind in a negitive way that we cant relate to, almost too complicated. To me nothing is better and makes me more content that pure nature and simplicity. The feeling is brought out even more through The GD and SCI. anyone feel the same way??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: opinion of music [Re: peacinanarchy]
    #1590119 - 05/29/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. I'm not a fan of techno. I prefer psychedelic rock (such as the Beatles, Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, etc), jam band stuff (esp the Grateful Dead), and ethnic music. I also just bought both Shpongle albums. I listened to a few seconds of a few tracks (saving the rest for a trip), and it seems great. I guess that qualifies as ambient music.

I don't know about techno bringing up bad feelings, but I just don't like it. I'm not into the rave/dance scene at all, and I just find techno to be repetitive, impersonal, and uninteresting. No offense to any techno fans-I just don't really like it.

--------------------
huh????

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: opinion of music [Re: Pala]
    #1590281 - 05/29/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree aswell, however, just a day or so ago, i smoked 5 meo dmt and i now understand techno. It has its place.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: opinion of music [Re: PDU]
    #1591415 - 05/29/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I agree too, I just really don't like techno. For me I like nature sounds most of the time like solitudes and shit when I can't be IN nature itself.

Other than that, anything goes.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: opinion of music [Re: Billowz]
    #1591694 - 05/29/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I indeed enjoy the effects of shpongle. Both albums are excellent to trip to.

its like a circular vortex...... spinning...

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: opinion of music [Re: derx]
    #1591720 - 05/29/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sphongle may be good for tripping but in no way do i think it good to listen to when your sober trying to enjoy some music. i dont know if id really even consider it music. chemical brothers are great music for either tripping or normal or whatever.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Offlinebeam
Re: opinion of music [Re: A0999]
    #1591780 - 05/29/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Listen to some drum and bass or jungle (make sure you have decent bass on your speakers, trust me you'll need it), you guys might like that look up- DJ SS, DJ Hype, Roni Size, Total Science just to name a few.

go to www.breakbeat.co.uk and download some steams you will need a program called asf recorder, search for it in yahoo. you can download live mixes as well as studio mixes, studio mixes mite be your best bet as the mc0ing can be fucking annoying.

Or maybe some Ragga or Reggae, i love to trip listening to that too.

Edit- By the way this aint techno, its fast, it has drum beats and bass lines as well other other sounds.

If it's too fast for ya, maybe you should try listening to some breaks (breaks being the style).

Edited by beam (05/30/03 12:03 AM)

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: opinion of music [Re: beam]
    #1591907 - 05/30/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoy 'natural' music to no end, Every avenue/genre of music intruiges me. It saddens me to see someone blocking out an entire genre. I understand it is preference though, and I think you should listen to what you enjoy. Shpongle could be considered techno, seeing as how it is partially electronic. I love listening to Shpongle any time, sober or not. Just try to keep an open ear for anything that tickles it.

On the left hand, one of the things I love about electronica is the fact that feels slightly unnatural, it feels as if an alien could have made it. Its instruments are not based in obvious physical reality like a guitar. It holds practically no cultural barriers, has no topic and can express pure emotion, even through the heart of a machine. I can feel so disconnected from reality listening to extremely trippy psy-trance.

peep: RJD2 - Chicken-Bone Circuit
Rob D - Clubbed2Death (Kurayamino Mix)
Massive Attack - Cool Monsoon

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: opinion of music [Re: KackleDude]
    #1592207 - 05/30/03 05:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

check out quicksilver messenger service, especially the live album "happy trails"
:smile:

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: opinion of music [Re: gnrm23]
    #1592312 - 05/30/03 06:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

gnrm23 - I agree. The long version of "Who do you love" is great-very psychedelic. The whole album is very good. I need to buy it on vinyl sometime soon. QMS is a very quality band.

--------------------
huh????

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: opinion of music [Re: Pala]
    #1593227 - 05/30/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I love Rave/trance beats, and alot of techno too. I also like classical guitar and what not. Nature sounds are alright, but I'd rather trip to drum n' bass, tance/techno, or classical guitar solo's. I also like to listen to reggae, but only on chronic. I like the hardcore trance trips on shrooms too much to not listen to trance.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: opinion of music [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1593307 - 05/30/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

very well said kackle. I try not to use techo to describe any music, but rather electronic. Shpongle is amazing whether sober or not. I don't only trip to electronic, but i get extremly good vibes from it. I usually get taken away; the feeling is undescribable.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineSativaBhang
Re: opinion of music [Re: derx]
    #1593680 - 05/30/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

anyone like The New Deal? they kinda got me into electronic music a bit. they make music like no other band. when alot of people hear them they say "techno sucks" or something like that. its so much more though, they're an actual band...drums, bass, keyboards/synthesizers. they put on a great show. i think electronic music has its good sides and its bad sides. personally i'm not a bg fan of techno, i think most of it sounds pretty similar...beat-wise anyways. shpongle is fuckin awesome. the reason i like them is even though they're electronic for the most part, they have alot of sounds that are close to actual instruments. its perfectly composed music. has anyone ever used the program Reason? i started using it and its made me appreciate electronic music alot more. once you've used that or another similar program, then you can listen to electronic music and you can pick the music apart. its easier to see how much effort went into making it. bringing all that into the tripping theme...i like to think on shrooms, or at least try, and now that i've been exposed to electronic music, i find it to be great. its all about the mood the music gives you. peace.
-DEW
p.s.- check out the New Deal if you haven't already, i dont think you'll regret it. www.thenewdeal.ca (i have nothing to do with the new deal in case anyone might think that)

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: opinion of music [Re: SativaBhang]
    #1593751 - 05/30/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i heard of the new deal a real long time ago i used to listen to moonscraper all the time.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC
Re: opinion of music [Re: A0999]
    #1597348 - 06/01/03 12:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my fav songs while tripping:

Allman Brothers - High Falls, Blue Sky, Revival, Jessica... practically any ABB song
Crosby Stills, Nash & Young - Carry On
Skinny Puppy - Meat Flavour, Guilty, Splasher, Sparkless, Basement, Shadow Cast, Second Tooth, Tear or Beat, Convulsions, Nature's Revenge
Black Sabbath - Wasp/Behind The Wall of Sleep/Bassically/NIB, Wicked World, A Bit of Finger/Sleeping Village/Warning
The Doors - Strange Days, Waiting for the Sun
Grateful Dead - The Golden Road, Uncle John's Band
Phish - You Enjoy Myself, Simple

a lot more... i just can't type it all out! music sounds so damn good when you're tripping!

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: opinion of music [Re: KackleDude]
    #1597699 - 06/01/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, exactly.

Even if you hate Rush, they said it well:
"All this machinery making modern music
can still be open hearted~
Not so foolish hearted;
it's really just a question of your honesty.

One likes to believe in the freedom of music
but glittering prizes and endless compromises
shatter the illusion of integrity"

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineDoogle
Re: opinion of music [Re: valour]
    #1597771 - 06/01/03 05:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My fav music whilst tripping would have to include, Tool, Peter Gabriel's Passion album, Aphex Twin, Moby and Unkle.... and maybe some Deep Forest and Massive Attack.

Third Eye by Tool is awesome as a mood setter, well for me at least :wink:

Stuff thats overtly aggressive and produced to sell, rather than for the art and meaning I'm against listening to. If it doesnt fall into those categories - I'm fine with it :smile:

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: opinion of music [Re: Doogle]
    #1597821 - 06/01/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

heres how i see it, if i want to go completly nuts and don't really care if i have fun or not i put on something like aphex twin or radiohead, if i want to be completley blissed-out and unspeakably happy, i put on the phish or sci, or some other jam band. and if i want to go to a diferent dimension, i go to a forest and eat 5 grams and don't really listen to any music except what nature provides me, which i think is always the best.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale