Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack?
    #2126629 - 11/21/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I can see the need for temporary martial law if, god-forbid, there should be some sort of WMD attack on America, but discarding the constitution entirely?!?! Thats insane.

Quote:

John O. Edwards, NewsMax.com
Friday, Nov. 21, 2003

Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

Franks, who successfully led the U.S. military operation to liberate Iraq, expressed his worries in an extensive interview he gave to the men?s lifestyle magazine Cigar Aficionado.

In the magazine?s December edition, the former commander of the military?s Central Command warned that if terrorists succeeded in using a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) against the U.S. or one of our allies, it would likely have catastrophic consequences for our cherished republican form of government.

Discussing the hypothetical dangers posed to the U.S. in the wake of Sept. 11, Franks said that ?the worst thing that could happen? is if terrorists acquire and then use a biological, chemical or nuclear weapon that inflicts heavy casualties.

If that happens, Franks said, ?... the Western world, the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is freedom and liberty we?ve seen for a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy.?

Read rest of article here.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #2126635 - 11/21/03 03:12 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

neither the citicens or the constitution will survive.
welcome to the end of days

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2126884 - 11/21/03 09:59 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

The US Constitution already has been discarded. At what point is open to debate, but for certain following 9/11.

There are actually at least four achilles heels in the Constitution: a) Article I section 9 paragraph 2; b) International Treaties (Article VI paragraph 2); c) the power of the supreme court to commit acts of "jury nullification" against the Constitution ("overriding interest"); and d) The word "Citizen" is capitalized whenever it occurrs before the 14th amendment, where the lower-case "citizen" appears. This implies that "We the people" is a closed society. This attitude is also apparent to a lesser extent in Article I section 2 paragraph 3.

The last reference contains the infamous 3/5 clause. This has traditionally been explained as referring to African-American slaves; but in fact the Constitution never assigns it a meaning, nor is it explicitly revoked along with slavery. And it is painfully obvious today that the rest of us dont even count as 3/5 to the shadows...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2126913 - 11/21/03 10:26 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Sig Heil Pax Americana! We are America! kneel or be destroyed I wonder if it will all happen with a whimper from the fearful sheep and how soon the wolves will be trapped? Somebody studied their mid thirties history and is using a well worked formula(german engineering).If we do not become awake and motivated this great experiment shall be quite over
WR:rasta: 

--------------------
To old for this place

Anonymous

#2126967 - 11/21/03 11:26 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

"God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion... what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. "

- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2128411 - 11/21/03 11:39 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Only if American will fight for it.I'm sick and tired of all the blame on crooked cops,judges,polititions.We Americans do not vote,We find any excuse to get off jury duty. As long as it's your kid and not mine it's okay.Why do you put up with it? Because It's easy to lay down in the shade than to work in the sun.Well the trees are being cut and there is very little shade left.Hope and faith does not die a natural death.It is murdered by wanton negligence.Come the revolution i shoot cowards first,traitor's next.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: shroomophile]
    #2129729 - 11/22/03 11:44 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

The day that happens is the day I renounce my citizenship.

Yet more proof that "terrorism" is one more excuse for the destruction of civil rights and ideals that America used to be based on.

This makes me fucking sick.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Anonymous

#2129740 - 11/22/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. ? James Madison

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

#2129758 - 11/23/03 12:17 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Also worth a mention is the deceptively named "Patriot Act" Freedom is already gone. The masses remain comfortably complacent engorging themselves on the misinformation/misdirection of a controlled media.

There is an office in the Pentagon called "The Office of Strategic Influence" whose sole purpose is to provide intentional deceptions to the media and thus the population in attempt to create patriotic fervour from it. Patriotism when due not when decieved.

mycomancer

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: ]
    #2129760 - 11/23/03 12:19 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. ? James Madison

When fascism comes to America, it will be called Americanism.
--Huey P. Long

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2136441 - 11/26/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Everyone acts like this is suprising.

How could you have done mushrooms, or opened your eyes - and not at once realized the true purpose of America.

It is a capitolistic country based on power and wealth. NOT on freedom.

It is not BASED on freedom, it was FOUNDED on freedom.

If the founding fathers saw the sad shape of this country, there would be tears in their eyes.

Then again, the founding of this country could have honestly been planned from day one, to become what it has become.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2139889 - 11/27/03 10:37 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

The original Thanksgiving Day commemorated reconciliation, partnership and mutual respect.

Principles of living I hope we will again enjoy.

Anonymous

#2140364 - 11/27/03 03:44 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

we are so screwed, you guys.

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: ]
    #2142857 - 11/28/03 08:13 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

We are so screwed,but hopefully not beyond redemption.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Will the Constitution Survive a WMD Attack? [Re: shroomophile]
    #2150205 - 12/01/03 07:58 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

where are pinky, luvdem and trypta...

I would have expected them to be here calling
all of you mouth breathing bleeding heart liberals.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion