Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Swami's Spirituality Class - Exercise #2
    #2114229 - 11/17/03 03:33 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

This one is simple. Basically we are going to evaluate where we are as of today. Using the ubiquitous 1-10 scale, we are going to rate our lives in several key areas. Use only one average rating for each numerical topic. Note that there is obvious overlap in each category.

1. Health and fitness:

A. Appearance, do you present the body that you wish to the world and yourself? Are you trim? Does your face look haggard and your eyes sad?

B. Energy level, are you tired all the time or full of vitality?

C. Fitness, are you strong and flexible? Can you run several miles without getting tired?

Please use your own judgement and values. This rating is for things that you have OBVIOUS control over. You may have been burned in a fire or disfigured in an accident; etc. and NOT be happy over that aspect of your appearance. Adjust the ratings for your age and gifts/handicaps that you have been born with.

Don't stray too far into the future or into ideals of perfection. If you are currently working on your weakness, being overweight for example, (and this applies to ALL topics), and are happy with your progress and know that you will achieve your goal, then rate yourself high.

Don't get bogged down in detail. Short form: rate your contentment on your physical being.

2. Finances and Career:

If you are in school and don't have the money that you want currently, don't rate yourself low if you are where you need to be at this time. If you are done with your basic formal education and are floundering or unable to save money and doing little to change then you are obviously not content.

[b/]3. Relationships

Do you get along well with your fellow students, co-workers, siblings, parents, boss and friends? Do you have a satisfying romantic connection? Do you often feel alone or get in frequent confrontations or are you delighted to be around others and they you?

4. Creativity

Do you waste your free time in passive activities or are you expressing and cultivating your natural gifts?

5. Overall Contentment

This is a grab bag to cover any issues overlooked and to evaluate your current level of happiness. Do not make an entry for this one if you have had a really shitty or superlative day. We are trying to get an "average". Do you love life or are you frequently depressed?

Right down your entries and any notes in your journals. There should be no questions on this one. Forget the details of my words, this is YOU rating YOUR LIFE in whatever way is most meaningful for you. This is only a guideline.

We will do this exercise once more at the "end" of our time and hence will have as scientific, though subjective, a method as possible to measuring the efficacy of this course. If the overall numbers are positive, then the course will be formalized for others and/or we will continue into new areas. If it seems appropriate, then someone else may take over as a group leader to share their unique perspective and knowledge.

Now this project is time-consuming for me. So at this point all those who will (or think they will commit) please let me know when you are done with these two exercises so that I am not talking to myself nor going too fast nor too slow.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Swami's Spirituality Class - Exercise #2 [Re: Swami]
    #2114894 - 11/17/03 06:14 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

"There should be no questions on this one."-

Oh I have questions...

But I'm with you so far

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Swami's Spirituality Class - Exercise #2 [Re: castaway]
    #2115433 - 11/17/03 08:56 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

jsut finished exercise 1, .  that took a lot longer than 30 min :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology