Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Pill may help people overcome fears
    #2090871 -

Yahoo news

NEW ORLEANS - Scientists say a pill may help people overcome their worst phobias. In a small study released Monday, a drug already on the market for tuberculosis helped people who were terrified of heights get over that fear with only two therapy sessions instead of the usual seven or eight.


If this drug worked, which fear would you attempt to overcome first?




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: Learyfan]
    #2090950 -

Fear of these muthafuckers:



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: Learyfan]
    #2090982 -

Believing I don't have such a significant unworkable problem as to justify therapy - I doubt I would be a candidate for this drug.  However, small unreasonable fears (if you can call them as such) that I'd like to conquer would include the initial sight of an 8 legged creature crawling within close proximity.  Here's one that crawled up right infront of me from under my desk, this shot shows the arachnoid skirting the base of my computer monitor :shocked:



Edit: Looks like someone beat me to it!  I suppose another 'fear' of mine might include the mild anxiety of being put on the spot by another in front of a large crowd.  Of course that all has to do with context, and in what manner of spot one is being put on :crazy:
 


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Edited by geokills (11/10/03 11:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: geokills]
    #2090987 -

Man fuck spiders there so UGLY!! But yea I wouldn't want the help from a drug to over come my fears. I would feel better if I knew that I conquered it on my own.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: Osker246]
    #2091015 -

Quote:
I would feel better if I knew that I conquered it on my own.





But what is "on your own"? No one can really do anything "on their own". If nothing else you're doing it with the help from the food that you've eaten.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: geokills]
    #2091073 -

man look at the evil diabolical glow of your spider's eyes....-shudders-


--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2091920 -

:shocked:

Ooooohhhh.... I HATE spiders...

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: Learyfan]
    #2091931 -

Even the fear of gnomes inserting addictive substances into your behind while you sleep?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: RunDMT]
    #2092265 -

RunDMT said:
Even the fear of gnomes inserting addictive substances into your behind while you sleep?

 



lol rundmt,that was no gnome :wink:
speaking of spider phobia my wife called me into the kitchen yesterday to say there was a spider in the sink,i nearly freaked, it was a funnelweb(deadliest in the world).downunder its not a phobia we have of spiders its a fucking dreaded,real,natural fear of the little bastards. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: Learyfan]
    #2092422 -

my fear of taking pills  :lipsrsealed::pill2:  :lipsrsealed::pill: 


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pill may help people overcome fears [Re: ]
    #2093783 -

Ow. Damn little things are lurking in your shoes and stuff I reckon?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How to overcome a phobia?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,995 30 12/02/04 11:27 PM
by Divided_Sky
* List your FEAR
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 4,351 56 03/20/04 08:33 AM
by r2_
* Got the spider ID'd
( 1 2 all )
Adden 4,047 20 07/24/06 05:56 PM
by Iamthewalrus
* Fear or Laziness? ivi 986 15 12/12/04 04:35 PM
by ivi
* My pet black widow just laid eggs, what should i do?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
darkstar45 11,572 72 06/21/06 05:58 AM
by xDuckYouSuckerx
* australian deadly spider
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,269 29 11/12/03 10:10 PM
by notapillow
* RunDMT's Music suggestion thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
RunDMT 30,173 133 09/11/07 04:08 PM
by Shroomism
* irrational stupid fears
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 4,745 51 07/23/06 08:11 AM
by Trav

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,163 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.