Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

australian deadly spider
    #2092415 - 11/11/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This is probably the worlds most deadliest spider:
Sydney Funnelweb:

http://www.reptilepark.com.au/sydneyfunnelwebspider.htm

enjoy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: ]
    #2092832 - 11/11/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

shit imagine killing that bastard with a shoe. I still dont think I could do it...I'd probly stand at a distance and shoot it with my pellet gun.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: Osker246]
    #2092946 - 11/11/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I hate spiders. Looking at that spider even makes me uncomfortable.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: australian deadly spider [Re: the free thinker]
    #2092986 - 11/11/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hegh hegh looks like my friends tarantula.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2093038 - 11/11/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

THE SPIDER'S SENSE OF TOUCH:

If you were a spider, you would have a very good sense of touch, but you wouldn't be able to see much more than light, dark, and basic shapes. Spiders learn more about the world around them by feeling vibrations, than they learn from using their eyes. They can tell what is happening around them by feeling the differences between different vibrations. Eg: wind & trapped insects can both make the spider's web move, but the spider can tell the difference between the jerky, uneven vibrations caused by the insect & the gentle , smooth vibrations caused by the wind. When trying to mate with a female,many male spiders will cause the female's web to vibrate in a special way that tells her that he is another spider, & not an insect to be eaten.

THE SPIDER'S HAIR & ITS FUNCTIONS:

All of the hairs on a spider 's body do not do the same thing, and each hair is sensitive in many ways. Some hairs help the spider hold on to different kinds of surfaces. Each of these "holding haires" divide into thousands of smaller hairs which are like many tiny hands, giving the spider a better grip. Other types of hairs are used by spiders as little combs to keep their silk from getting tangled. Still other hairs sense movement around the spider.
Also see 'Urticating Hairs'.

SENSORY ORGANS:

Spiders have as many as eight simple eyes, arranged in two groups, but, though some spiders can see images, none have eyes as well developed as those of the insects. Instead, the world of spiders is one of vibrations that are sensed through the surface on which the spider lives. Such a world is almost unknown to humans. For example, imagine tightrope artists walking on a network of fine threads and communicating by plucking and vibrating the surrounding threads. This is the world of web-weaving spiders. All of their activities-including feeding, mating, and egg laying-take place while they are suspended from silk threads.

HOW SPIDER LEGS WORK:

The seven segments of a spider's legs make them much more flexible than human legs, which only have two segments. Like humans, spiders have muscles that bend the legs closer to the body. However, spiders do not have muscles that move the legs away from the body. Each time a spider needs to stretch a leg back out, it must pump fluid into that leg. Then, to bend the leg back, pressure is relaxed and the fluid flows out of the leg as the muscles do their work. This is similar to the way a garden hose gets stiff and moves around when filled with water, and then gets limp again when the water drains out.

SPIDER SILK:

Spider silk is made inside the spider's body as a liquid leaves the body through little tubes called spinnerets. These spinnerets have "faucets" or valves on them that the spider can turn on or off when it wants. When the spider opens this "faucet", pressure inside it's body helps to push the liquid silk out through the spinnerets. The silk becomes solid as it leaves the body. The spider uses it's legs to help pull the silk out of the spinnerets.

CIRCULATION AND LOCOMOTION:

Spiders have what is called an open circulatory system. The heart pumps blood through a series of vessels and arteries, but spiders lack the complex system of capillaries that in vertebrates exchange oxygen, nutrients, and wastes between the blood and body tissues. Instead, blood seeps between the spider's tissues, collects in little pockets on the underside of the body, and flows back to the heart. Not all blood passes through the spiders respiratory organs. An efficient, high-pressure ciculatory system is crucila for a spider's locomotion. Spiders have seven leg segments, and their movements are controlled by muscles and by pressure changes in the body's cirulatory fluid. Spiders use muscles to retract their legs, but they lack extensor muscles. Instead, spiders extend their legs by means of changes in body-fluid pressure. When spiders do not receive enough water to replenish their body fluids, their legs fold up and they are unable to extend them.

RESPIRATION:

Spiders have different types of respiratory systems. Some have book lungs, some have tubular tracheae, and others have both tracheae and book lungs. Book lungs are located by two hairless patches on the underside of the spider's abdomen. Each lung has an open slit for air intact and a stack of leafletlike, blood filled structures called lamellae. As air passes into the spider's body, blood passes through the lamellae is oxygenated.

EXTERNAL ANATOMY:

Like insects, spiders have a hard cuticle or body shell, called an exoskeleton. The cuticle covers the cephalothorax and legs and prevents the spider from losing moisture and drying out. In addition, the cuticle provides the spider with structural support. Spiders also have an internal skeleton that is actually an extension of the external cuticle. This internal skeleton serves as a surface for muscle attachment. Unlike insects, spiders have no antennae. They do, however, have two appendages near their mouths that are often confused with insect antennaes. These structures, called pedipalps, are used by spiders to manipulate their prey while feeding. The palps of immature males are expanded and look like boxing gloves. As the male matures the palps are transformed into highly complex organs that are used to inseminate females. The females palps are slender.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleHavohejNohtaed
no christmas foryou, christ isdead!

Loc: australia
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2093153 - 11/11/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i found one of them in my park and was tormenting it with a stick, those fangs fucking grabbed the stick and i hard a hard time pulling it out..i wouldnt want them fangs inside me. there so huge

there vicous as hell. extremely violent..

i let it crawl onto a peice of tissue and then set it on fire.
and they live underground too, so you could just be standing somewhere in a park and have this huge muther fucker open his trap door and bite your leg off!

- i hate spiders, i wish they died

--------------------
adieu, bye-bye, cheerio, ciao, farewell, so long, toodle-oo and have a nice day!

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2093300 - 11/11/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

They kill alot of babies.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

User Gallery

Re: australian deadly spider [Re: d33p]
    #2093337 - 11/11/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Fact: No matter where you're at...there's always at least ONE spider within three feet of you.  :crazy: 

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #2093354 - 11/11/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What if I'm swimming?... :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Loc: no hands land, az
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: HavohejNohtaed]
    #2093362 - 11/11/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

seen a show on this spider once. the male's bite is 6 times more deadly than the female. they can kill you in as fast as 15 minutes.

though check this thing out, it can kill you in as fast as 3 minutes! it's a box jellyfish, but apparently it ain't tough shit once ya get it by the head and out of the water. just watch yourself around those tentacles.

ironically it also comes from australia. northern coast that is. on a hunch i went and looked it up, and it turns out the worlds most venomous snake is this little guy. the inland taipan, from australia also.

seems you aussies have some toxic shit, though i'm sure way more people are killed by guns in the u.s. than by scarry animals in australia. seems humans are the most deadly animal on earth. too bad we can't seem to stop killing eachother.

--------------------

2,5-dimethoxy-4-astatophenethylamine

User Gallery

Re: australian deadly spider [Re: Rono]
    #2093370 - 11/11/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yea yea, give or take..but if you're swimming in some lake/swamp/pond/sewer there's more than likely there's aquatic spiders, there's all sorts of spiders that dwell on the lovely wet element H2o, but Pool-wise...well one time, I saw a dead spider in one of em..it was big and hairy too. :smirk:

--------------------

User Gallery

#2093376 - 11/11/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

that "jelly fish" looks like a bag of dripping gel to me..what an odd creature

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #2093394 - 11/11/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

looks like a silicone implant from hell...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (11/11/03 04:52 PM)

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2093729 - 11/11/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Actually I thought the Daddy Long Legs was the most deadliest spider venom wise? But since the fangs are so small they dont cause much harm.

Anonymous

#2093908 - 11/11/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yep, a funnelweb can live under water for 24-36hrs with an air-sac around its belly.
a baffling thing about them is they are only  deadly to one mammal species ie primates=us.
the only natural predator(besides humans) to the sydney funnelweb spider is a shiny black wasp which hunts it down and eats it.
as for its aggressiveness,i've read that when on the prowl for a female they will actually go out of their way to bite your toe if you are in its range.in other words they dont need to be agitated or tormented. :mad:

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2093913 - 11/11/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

heh, I thought it was a unique piece of frozen ice till I read the caption

Anonymous

Re: australian deadly spider [Re: ninetynine]
    #2093921 - 11/11/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you're right there ninetynine,humans are the worst,ive worn a knife on the inside myself.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2093946 - 11/11/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Looks like the one that was crawling under Geo's desk! :shocked: 

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2094303 - 11/11/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: Osker246]
    #2094358 - 11/11/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The daddy-long legs thing is just an urban legend.

We occassional get big funnel-webs floating dead or almost dead in the pool after heavy rain. It's very rare for them to actually come inside the house.
The weird thing about funnel-webs is their venom is deadly to primates but most other animals are immune. Some people have actually seen their dogs and cats playing with funnel-webs and being bitten repeatedly but the spider always ends up the loser. So you can always sic your puppy on an intruding funnel-web, which is almost as cruel as setting it on fire.

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Anonymous

Re: australian deadly spider [Re: Fina]
    #2094384 - 11/11/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i live in the basement room at my house
and these little brown spiders drop from my ceiling so i flick my lighter when they drop above my bed and they die
=]

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2095059 - 11/12/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i really want to move to austrailia, but man, that concentration of the most deadly spiders, snakes, jellyfish and sharks makes me hesitate.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineMisstressChrissha
Suductress

Loc: Milky Way
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: Tao]
    #2095956 - 11/12/03 06:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Very interesting post! My fiance hates spiders. I always have to smash them for him....But that is one evil looking spider, I don't think I'd run up and smash it...Maybe shoot it! lol

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: MisstressChrissha]
    #2095959 - 11/12/03 06:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Atleast use a shottie from a distance, give the bastard a chance to dodge and run. :wink:

Offlinepsiloz
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: RunDMT]
    #2096046 - 11/12/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lucky the funnelwebs only live in and around sydney

Further up the coast here (after the funnelwebs, before the box jellyfish and crocs, and east of the inland taipan) weve got paralysis ticks

Can be lethal to small children, kills dogs and cats all the time - if you dont get the tock off the dog in 48 hours you can forget it - the back legs go and they die.
but mostly just annoying
they buy them here - fresh females for $1 each so they can make antivenom for treating livestock and pets

anyone want some paralysis ticks :wink: shipped fresh :smile:

It seems the whole east coast is crawling with nasties..
the west coast seemed much more tame - the same but in lower density

Edited by psiloz (11/12/03 07:15 AM)

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: psiloz]
    #2096139 - 11/12/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You know what else you got?

Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: psiloz]
    #2096798 - 11/12/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I grew up in the funnel-web capital of Sydney....  :grin:

A whole nest of em was uncovered at my place once when a fence fell down in a wild storm and about 15 funnel-webs came pouring out...

...my mum just got a spade and *chunka* *chunka* chopped them all in half as they ran about madly trying to escape  :tongue2: needless to say I was a bit uh wary about where I put my feet the rest of that day LOL

I had one of those ticks on me when I was 3 psiloz....luckily it got found before I became unconscious though...   

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: ruskifile]
    #2096921 - 11/12/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've seen their webs but never seen them. Their webs have funnels.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2099152 - 11/12/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i saw one of those fuckers when i was down in australia years back, i was playin cricket with my dads friends kids (we were early teens then), and it was behind a fence where the ball landed.

scared the fucking shit out of me, needless to say

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: australian deadly spider [Re: RunDMT]
    #2099319 - 11/12/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

in my house we gotta a shit load of brown recluses
those fuckers suck cus there small and they look like any other spider
also my house has no furnas so we burn wood every day of the summer (sorry ozone layer)
so any way i gotta deal with whole nests of fuckin black widdows
those biches are nasty
once i was carrying wood and one crawled of the wood and onto my arm
i had to smack it off
and luckily i didnt get bitten

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains