| Home | Community | Message Board |
|
You are not signed in. Sign In New Account | Forum Index Search Posts Trusted Vendors Highlights Galleries FAQ User List Chat Store Random Growery » |
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.
|
| Shop: |
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
Please make note; I am going to be spilling so much internal dialogue and thoughts...this is going to be long. I don't know where else to turn. I'm in SO much pain it's indescribable. I'm dying a slow toxic death inside.
So if you care to listen, please do. And if you care to offer advice, please do. I call this the carousel of pain because I just keep going around in circles, facing the same soul destroying emotions and facing the same tough decisions. It's obvious I am not making the right decision to move on...because I feel helpless to do so. Up to this point, I literally just can't do it. I understand that many of today's problems are my own fault. My own mistakes. I'm still heartbroken and crushed though and I need to talk about it. -------------------------------- Background: I have been in a very troubling relationship for 5 years now. I'd say about 4 out of the 5 years have been very damaging and despite the happy moments, overall it has been very negative. In a nutshell, we met online, she moved the relationship along very fast. She literally almost begged me to move in with her. I have went over all of this many times via PM's with certain great friends on here and on the public forums as well. After she snooped on me and found my shroomery activity, I deleted MANY of my posts and created a new account. Many of the original posts have been deleted in the following links, but sometimes they were quoted and other times you can pick up on what was said from responses: https://www.shroomery.org/forums one response in the above link "asking you to stick around till she finds a job and gets a license/car is another example of her selfishness... she knows you, better then you do i think and she's fucking playing on it..." Until I read this, I completely forgot about this. When she started planning to leave me this one particular time, she wanted to break up but still continue living with me until she found a job and got a license and a car so that she could be independent. As the poster described, I think this IS pretty damn selfish. It's memories like this that have completely escaped me because my mind has become completely preoccupied with all sorts of new turmoil. At this point, she has actually convinced me that I'm the selfish, horrible bastard. When in reality, I've done nothing but wait on her hand and foot and give her everything I can. I back down more than I stand my ground when it comes to all decisions made and she makes me cry on a weekly basis with incredibly hurtful and personal remarks. She goes for the throat, so to say, when she's angry and doesn't get her way. This thread says A LOT! (I made it anonymously), This relationship is killing me: https://www.shroomery.org/forums
Many more responses were made by me in that thread for any that are curious Another...I was in a LOT of pain when I wrote this: https://www.shroomery.org/forums
Is this normal behaviour? Am I bad guy for being resistant, but then eventually folding, in such situations? ------------------------- So after all that, which was about 10 months ago, it's only got more complicated, more hurtful and more emotionally unbearable for me ![]() We are not together, but together. For awhile, we were working on things from a "distance". I pay her child support so that she can afford to live on her own and on my days off from work(I work shift work), I'd go pick her up and she'd come over with the kids. Things were going okay and we were finally starting to communicate a bit without anger or defensiveness and then something happened. She was still trying to have all the perks of being a family. Me being her personal taxi(which had become the norm our whole relationship since she doesn't have a license) and me helping pay for all sorts of things. In this one particular instance, she started trying to make me feel obligated to buy my step daughter's school supplies, above and beyond my child support I was giving her. Remember, I'm giving child support to my fiance at this point. We tell people we are a couple. We are living apart though. Our step daughter's biological father is in the picture and he pays half what I do. Why on earth, with him in the picture, am I obligated to pay for costs above and beyond a child support payment? She also wanted me to be available for rides for our step daughter, but with her across town, I could only accommodate so much. I was available for some but not all. I tried to question the logic of the money stuff, being very calm and level headed and tried to talk about the ride stuff and she absolutely blew up because she wasn't going to get her way. In anger, she withdrew from me over the next handful of days and wasn't coming over to spend the night anymore. until one day, I could finally manage to spend time with her. In this time she had already started going out on "coffee dates"...she says. I only managed to get enough time with her for her to go on a lengthy, hurtful tirade of all the things wrong with me and why we can't be together. Ultimately she said it was because "she wants to be able to go out with a guy if someone asks her". My soul was crushed.And less then a few days later, she slept with another man. This isn't the first time she has betrayed my trust. from another post right when I found out:
as time goes on and I realize just how much pain and hurt she inflicts on me...especially the manner in which she slept with others(I just can't go into detail. I can't control my breathing right now and tears are streaming down my face). I am now a soulless, rotten person full of pain, anger and sadness. And this is who I am now. This is the person I'll probably be forever This is the person my kids will probably grow up knowing ![]() I spent my 30th bday crying instead of celebrating...I posted my thoughts in the pub:
Some other small random snippets of posts to do with this relationship over the years:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums
Sigh...I could go on and on. Things got even more amplified for me when I started to fall for the most incredible woman during this split/turmoil/betrayal. Like me, she also has had her self confidence utterly destroyed by her past partner. I don't want to get into specifics, but I felt abandoned and destroyed by someone I have been attached to for many years, the mother of my child AND I felt abandoned and destroyed by losing possibly true love. I loved her. We talked about how one must love themselves before they can love another. It takes great strength to avoid passion and lust that may or may not be masking true love, in an effort to stay true to the original goal of rebuilding one's SELF first. So UNLIKE ME, not only did she have the strength to end a very toxic relationship that she was attached to, she had the strength to truly stick to the goal of rebuilding herself. I'm so proud of her ![]() But, of course, especially in my emotional state, it still hurts. But I fully support it, if that makes sense. Where am I now, today? Well, we are back "on", in a so so way. We are still living apart, I'm still paying child support, I'm still exhausting myself between my shift work and spending every single minute that I have off with them. After my 12 hour shift on my last day, drive over and pack up overnight bags, etc...haul it over to my place. Be a family for a couple days, and in that couple days taxi her and kids to all sorts of appointments, school and stores. I run her to do her errands, etc. I don't get to sleep in on hardly any of my days off and even when I take holidays from work, my holidays are spent running errands. Please note: I wish you could see/hear my tone and mannerisms when talking about this. I am NOT complaining. This is the life of a dad and future husband. Yet I'm not a future husband in our current state. I'm just trying to explain what my typical weeks are like, in conjunction with the reality of our relationship I'm still experiencing very heated moments, name calling and hurtful comments. I really don't mind if we were a legitimate family living under one roof...such is life. But it seems like I'm living in limbo. The structure and foundation of our relationship, especially when coupled with our nasty and toxic relationship history, makes this a very complicated and a, in my opinion, unhealthy situation. The nights I'm working and sleeping at home, I spend it crying and mulling over every single syllable I've uttered in this gigantic post. Millions of thoughts, flowing with raging amounts of cortisol, make their way through my brain every minute of every day. I shake, shudder and cry in my sleep too apparently. So of course, when we have a particularly bad moment, it brings this all to the surface and I just have a complete breakdown. And in essence, I'm admittedly a lot more emotionally touchy I imagine ![]() Today was one of those days. I've had a week off from work. And in that week I've done everything I can to approach her outbursts with calmness and positivity. Just trying to be like flowing water and not get stuck on this stuff. In this last week, I've been called an asshole 4 or 5 times. I've also heard "fuck you" and "fuck off", quite a bit. I haven't once uttered such things this week. But I have raised my voice when she has raised hers. It's so tough to catch myself I have even dropped a fuck work in frustration too Anyhow, the last day of my holidays and I'm feeling a little out of sorts, just lots of this stuff on my brain. I take her out for breakfast, we do some running around and then she brings up the question about when I'm planning to pay for support. I pay it on the same day every month....the end of the month. She knows this. So I'm about to offer to give it to her early, but before I offer this I want to talk about how this situation just seems off to me. How it makes me feel not good. She instantly starts snarling and growling, almost literally...like extreme defensive mode. Like I'm attacking her. She tells me she knew this would happen if she brings it up and that's why she dreads talking about child support. The last time I even tried to mention my "feelings" about this aspect of our relationship was 3 months ago and she blew up on me then too. So I guess I feel like I can never complete the conversation because she goes into defend and attack mode. Because of this it is I who is scared to talk about it. A common theme of our entire relationship. I walk on egg shells around her. She feels the same. We will get into conversations like this in front of the kids. I try to quietly steer the conversation elsewhere or quietly try to remind her the kids are listening and tell her not now...but she always needs to escalate it when she's angry. She'll start telling me how her whole family thinks this about me or that about me...and she says it in front of my kids. that's very devastating for me because what she's doing is burying these impressions of me in our kid's heads I'm not a bad guy. I try so hard to give her everything she needs...emotionally, physically and financially. I'm so distraught. There were no kids present in today's fight, so it was particularly nasty. took place in the vehicle. It went from talking about child support, to her threatening to go after more, to me threatening to fight tooth and nail if she ever threatens me with such horrible things, to her flipping out that I threatened her and that she didn't even threaten me. "no person on the planet would think what I just said was a threat to you. and then you had to come out of nowhere with nasty threats". She makes my head spin...she utterly destroyed me with threats about child support and the like, so of course I reacted. Not saying I reacted properly. It was very heated at this point and I'm not proud about it. But the fact she can't see what she says or does to me makes me question my sanity, for real. Then I realized it was spiraling out of control and said, "we really need to realize this sort of talk is nothing but bad. I know you are so mad (she snaps back about how damn rights she is and that she wants me to drive her home) and I explain I'm so mad too. She brings up how i threatened her and she didn't threaten me. I ignore it. I say, "you're upset, sad as well and so am I. How about, in such a time, we both try to dig down deep when it matters and realize just how much we love each other and try to make each other feel loved and positive instead of the opposite?". I rub her shoulder and tell her I love her and that we should do this for each other...try to change the direction to a positive one. She's biting her tongue and reeling...she makes a few more nasty quips, but starts to settle down. I get to the bank, write her a cheque, she goes in and deposits it, I drive her home, we hug. I tell her I'm sorry if I said anything that bother or hurt her. She says the same back to me. I feel just so much pent up frustrations and sadness though. It should be done BUT I can't look at it with the tiny spotlight. It's all part of a bigger, fucked up picture. I have completely rambled to no end. Now I'm not crying anymore. I don't know what to do. I want it to work, but the bottom line...she makes me feel so bad about myself. None of my past girlfriends think badly about me. They thought and still think to this day that I was a positive, goofy, caring, sensitive guy who strove to push them to follow their hearts, helping them every bit of the way. This woman thinks I'm a controlling, angry, depressed and selfish person. That devastates me. It couldn't be further from the truth. I definitely am depressed nowadays though...who wouldn't be after what I've gone through the last 4 or so years ![]() if anything, these are the adjectives that describe her to a tee. I even noted this in posts from a few years ago about how she's possessive, controlling, jealous, etc. I mean, maybe it has started to rub off on me. I don't want that ![]() Anyway, I really am hurting guys/girls. I just wanted to talk to someone. I want to have this family, happy and wholesome, living under a single roof. She's lied about so much to me, she's betrayed me, she's shot me down with words, flushed engagements rings and lied about it, did things behind my back and made me feel absolutely worthless and horrible about being me and on purpose no less. She has manipulated me to no end and has abused the way I spoil her with material objects and money. This is my internal dialogue. This is the sort of things I would never dare say to her because 1. I don't want to hurt her and 2. retribution If she was to read this, she would do everything in her power to destroy me I think. Financially and emotionally. It scares and hurts me to think that's the truth. How could someone do that and past things to someone they say they love? I'm still hanging on to this relationship though...despite everyone's advice to get out. So I guess I deserve it all. I just really want it to work out. I've put too much of myself into her and this "family" for it to fail
Edited by Anonymous (12/10/14 07:46 PM)
| |||||||
|
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out Registered: 09/08/10 Posts: 14,327 |
| ||||||
You don't deserve it. But you need to get out. You know this. The time invested isn't a waste because it helps you grow - and you will see this years down the road. But it shouldn't be the thing holding you back. Because from what you describe the relationship is very toxic, and toxic relationships never end well. If you stay you know what your future is going to be, albeit worse. Once a relationship has gotten to where it has with you, reconciliation is not possible imo. From your posts quoted I know who you are - and I know we have talked about this. You are a great guy - and deserve better. For not only your sake but that of your child's - get out.
-------------------- Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K Something abut that anaesthetic rush...
Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One
| |||||||
|
FREE BURKE Registered: 01/11/10 Posts: 53,153 |
| ||||||
|
Aw, this sounds awful
I'm sorry to hear this Op -------------------- "Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods "I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago "you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard "The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist "Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft "or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
I don't want to face this, but I fear it's true. And it's killing me inside. Putting that post together the other day really helped me vent, but it also brought so many things to the surface that I tried to tuck away in a deep closet somewhere. I'm realizing now that I may have been lied to more then I thought. ![]() I tried to go the route where I PRETEND to forget and pretend to be happy and live in the now only. The whole concept that if I fake happiness, eventually it will become me...or us, one could say. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but that didn't work either. And I find it hard to pretend to enjoy the "now", when the now can sometimes be completely heart wrenching to me at times. It's only a hop skip and a jump from there until it all resurfaces itself in my mind. I know nervous breakdown is a very muddy/vague term...but I've truly been through a handful this past year. I've had everything I've cared about so deeply and fought for so passionately, ripped away from me. I've had zero control over what has happened and at times it was very cold and malicious...at some times, it was happening while knowing she was almost enjoying the power of watching me crumple up and die inside my sorrow and grief. At times, every circuit feels completely fried inside my brain as I feel buckets of tears falling from my face, my heart literally AND figuratively aching, sweat pouring, lymph nodes swelling, extreme pressure in temples, numbness in fingertips and/or hands and arms...and then I wake up on the floor of my kitchen or something. ![]() I've had close family members pass away during this time and while crushing, it can't come even close to the grief I am feeling. It is unparalleled. I can't convey my grief. And it's not me saying this woman, this relationship causes me these horrible things. It's me saying that my current situation within our relationship...our history, the memories I'm re-living, the future I'm unsure of, the way I know that everything I gave up as a person may have been for nothing is gone, the way I hate myself, I blame myself and believe her that I'm the main source for all this conflict and "poison" within us and this relationship(but another part of me knows that even though I'm guilty of wrongs, she is projecting her own issues and shortcomings onto me)...that is what is causing these horrible things. This isn't just a hard breakup. I've been through LONG term break ups before this one. I parted ways with another after 4 years...I definitely felt grief. I cried. It was hard. But I didn't feel what I feel now. The kids involved are such a huge factor to me. Like all day at work and since I've got home, I can't get images of holding my newborn son and sharing special moments with her, out of my head. Of course, I also can't get out of my head how she told me horrible things about myself and threatened to leave all the time, knowing how attached I was to all of them. I think about how I might never get to experience future family moments like that. I think about how my kids might be sharing milestones and special moments with her and another guy behind a camera. I can't stop crying tonight. I'm such a mess. I never knew a human being could feel this horrible. it sure opens my eyes and gives me more empathy towards people that are always talking about committing suicide on here. I don't condone it, but I sure can understand their internal struggles a little better now I could never understand before how someone could be pushed to such an extreme. now I know.I know I've had my wrongs and I'm no saint, but I feel that I went over and beyond what a partner should do for their loved one...and what he should put up with. I have told her romantic things EVERY day, and I mean every day, since we've met. I tell her how beautiful she is, how lucky I am, how incredible her hair looks today, how I love her sexy walk when we are out and about...usually multiple times a day, I've buttered her up for years. And she loves it. But I know she's grown used to it. I talk to lots of guys at work and whatnot...they don't do that stuff as hardcore as me. I'd buy her gifts and flowers almost every payday. I wrote poems, I stuffed notes in her purse all the time. I helped around the house more then most men being the sole bread winner and working shift work. In general, I live pretty clean to begin with. I'm a great dad who spends time, interacts and loves his children unconditionally. She seemed to always have a problem with me having fun without her early on in the relationship. It especially started when she was pregnant. She felt alone and alienated being left at home while I went out after work with some coworkers for a burger and a beer. Yet, I'd try to give her ample opportunities to go out with her own friends, offering to stay home many a night. She never took it and then felt it somehow obligated me to do the same. Nasty things were said to me about my character and the like. So of course, over the first couple years, I alienated myself from all my friends. She convinced me that a dedicated "family man", would put his family first and make his family the sole priority. So that's what I did. And that's what I've been doing for years. I have no friends in town now and I haven't for years. I find I naturally sidestep invitations to do something and make excuses on my own, without her input. It's how I've been trained. Eventually, friends stop calling if you are always busy. ![]() I was a very social person but I didn't mind at all giving up my social life to be with her and the kids every second of every day. And essentially, that has been my existence for the past few years. I could say on my death bed tomorrow with 100 percent honesty, that I spend 98% of all my time away from work with her and the kids. I told myself at a young age this is very unhealthy and it would never be me. I told myself that the woman I ended up with should have her own social circle and I have mine and regularly the two combine. I used to think it was healthy for each partner to have their own friends and hobbies. What else do you talk about over dinner? Our dinners are awkward silences, chit chat about our kids and "I love you's" to fill the awkward silences ![]() I'm not perfect, but I think I'm a pretty decent guy. I've had moments I'm not proud of when something inside me overcompensates for years of trauma...when something says, "god damnit, I'm a human being, I have rights". Sometimes when she's let her anger get the best of her, I've let it get the best of me. I've never hit her or anything of that nature, but I have punched walls. But I figure after her punching me in the face(which of course, she venomously will snarl never happened), punching a closet door was acceptable on some level. I don't feel proud about these moments. Instead of being an equal partner, I became an object that could be manipulated to a certain extent for self gratifying purposes no less. And we are talking about subconscious, deep rooted purposes. She didn't maliciously and intentionally do most of this I like to imagine. My friends and family think I'm a doormat. And they are probably right. But if you've read this entire rant, I hope I have conveyed even 1% of how much I've poured my inner soul into this relationship. It's why, when it's all falling apart and she keeps hurting me, that I feel so crushed. I hate the pain I'm holding onto.
I know tymoteus. You give such great advice. And it's so eerily identical to words spoken by my most closest friend. your support, encouragement and always available ears(well in this case, eyes :P ), mean a lot to me. I sure hope I can navigate through this. For a period there, when I came back, I tried to portray I was on that path. I was hoping faking it, meant making it. I've crumbled. But one can never truly move on until it's actually over. And I didn't let it die. Your words are always soothing and appreciated But I also like analytical and correct. You manage to meld them all in the right amounts. It's a good trait sigh...I'm such a mess. I think she can sense it...she's really making an effort for the first time in a long time to reach out to me. normally I'm always texting her, but she's sending me texts telling me that she loves me more than I'll ever know and stuff like that. it feels good when I feel so low Sheekle: Thank's for listening and for your support
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
A song that used to inspire me when I was young, strong and confident.
I used to recite the lyrics to young friends going through troubled times. If you don't like What you got Why don't you change it If your world is all screwed up Rearrange it If you don't like what you see Why don't you fight it If you know there's something wrong Why don't you right it In the end it comes down to your thinking And there's really nobody to blame When it feels like your ship is sinking And you're too tired to play the game Nobody's going to help you You've just got to stand up alone And dig in your heels And see how it feels To raise a little Hell of your own If you don't like What you got Why don't you change it If your world is all screwed up Rearrange it why can't I just do this? It feels like it's so selfish. I feel like I'd be failing my kids. One can't just follow every whim and every dream and walk away from everything unpleasant. Self gratifying behaviour it seems to me now. I used to so fully believe these lyrics. Now when faced with my pain...I make excuses on why it can't be applied Why?
| |||||||
|
Enlil's Official Story Registered: 10/31/04 Posts: 21,407 Loc: Building 7 |
| ||||||
|
The physical symptoms you describe given the anxiety and panic ARE SERIOUS. This is a large part of your problem, you are literally sick. I went through a little of what you are going through with a toxic "woman" for lack of a better term.
You know you have to leave her, it's just a question of terms. One thing for sure, grab your manhood back, don't ever let her punch you again and tell her the put downs are done too. Mean it, and live it. If she doesn't back down and punches you in the face again, call the cops. This woman sounds like she needs a wake up call. -------------------- Anxiety is what you make it.
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
Im on my phone so cant reply like id like to.
Its all laid out in my gigantic post but im also guilty of name calling and swearing. Its always in retaliation but thats still no excuse I can only be called an asshole, loser, etc for so long before I snap back with the "bitch, pyscho,".It goes deeper then that. It hurts when she attacks the very core of who I am as a person....using my weaknesses and twisting them in a way to make me feel extremely horrible about myself. I just want to point it out that I understand it takes two to tango. And she has me really wondering if all this pain im feeling is my own doing because of my own fucked upness. I know...not a word. I reached out to an ex via text to see what her image of me as a person..as a man...is and its drastically different with how my current, and myseld, percieves me. And shes only punched me in the head once and shoulder once. Ive grabbed her wrist in anger once when she tried to punch me in the chest...or I thought she was going to anyway. I let it go immediately but that punch didnt land so it doesnt count. I could lay out a laundry list of my wrongs...of things im not proud of. But she has pushed me and my emotions to very rough seas at those times. Though im still accountable for my actions...I have never physically abused her EVER and I feel her actions towards me have been much more damaging. I have to believe...and do believe shes not intentional or malicious. Its just the way we are together. she fast tracked our relationship so fast in the beginning. Almost begging me to move in after only 3 months. She was soooo good to me and I really felt something special with her. She went on birth control and in a month was pregnant. From the day I met her to the day we were living together and she told me she was pregnant was 5 months. I felt like everything hasnt happened how I planned and ive had zero control on what happens since ive met her. Ive just been trying to do the best I can...but who I am as person is horrible and it pushes her buttons. She repeatedly tells me im the only boyfriend shes ever fought with and lashed out at and that im the only boyfriend who " does thus wrong and that wrong and cant do this and cant do that, etc, etc" im such a failure
| |||||||
|
Enlil's Official Story Registered: 10/31/04 Posts: 21,407 Loc: Building 7 |
| ||||||
|
"She went on birth control and in a month was pregnant."
So, the pills didn't work, or she didn't take them? I don't know you but for you to state "who I am as a person is horrible and it pushes her buttons" based on your story seems like you are under a spell or something. It happens, women are quite capable of controlling men, and do it all the time. Perhaps you try to control her by "pushing her buttons" and of course that doesn't work, because clearly in this case she is in the drivers seat. What you can do from here is a bit more challenging IMO. If you want things to work, you are out of my realm because she seems to have deep seated meanness that you don't see but describe in glaring detail. She's manipulated and controlled you sounds like from early on, and to the present. Can you change her? Doubtful. Can you change yourself? I don't know you. But you need a shot of self confidence, maybe a week away from the situation, something to act as a catalyst? -------------------- Anxiety is what you make it.
| |||||||
|
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out Registered: 09/08/10 Posts: 14,327 |
| ||||||
This is good advice. Also do not make excuses for her. That is what let's this kind of abuse (and it is abuse - it's not only women that can be abused) perpetuate, and making excuses for the abuser is a very common sign in abusive toxic relationships.. -------------------- Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K Something abut that anaesthetic rush...
Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
She said she was taking them, so they didn't work. She just went on this fancy insulin pump at the time(she's a type 1 diabetic) and apparently her doctor said that fluctuating blood sugars while adapting to the pump, can interfere with B.C. Who knows though
I think you and tymoteus are onto something here perhaps ![]()
Yes, by definition, she really has. But perhaps I've been the same or done other horrible things to influence her behaviour? I can somehow convince myself of this, so then I feel I may deserve it ![]() I remember a time where I was very confident, positive and looking towards the future. I was always smiling. Now I have very low self confidence, generally negative and look towards the past. It makes me very sad to realize this is who I am now. I truly feel that regardless of what happens, I'll never truly recover. I'm scared of forcing the catalyst with time apart, because I've been NEAR similar waters with her before and she took it the extra mile and hurt me very badly. Because I am weak and unhealthily attached to her and the thought of "us", I cry when I should be angry...and I apologize when I shouldn't sometimes. I'm living with to much fear and pain inside and it's becoming unbearable. I'm being pushed very near to a place I won't be able to return from.
According to you, others on this board, my parents, my sibling, my co-workers and my close friends....this seems to be very true There is more going on now...and I think it may be bad sign. There is a lot of back story to make this make sense, but I just got off a night shift and don't feel like typing it all up. Long story short: She has a box of condoms from when she decided to sleep with another man while we were working on things and living apart. As explained in my big post, we were still considered a couple at that time, so it was a huge betrayal for me. Of course, when she's angry and it comes up, she lets me know how little remorse she has about it and how she didn't cheat on me. Anyhow, me still struggling with trust issues, having low self confidence, jealousy, negativity and all around sobby sallyness...looked in her tickle trunk months later when I had the opportunity and found a new box of condoms...extra large magnum kind. They were all in there, but the box was open. I couldn't keep it bottled up and confronted her, she snapped and got very defense and angry for me violating her privacy. She's right She said that that box was there all the time, I must not have seen it the first time I look in the drawer. Ok I thought, perhaps that's possible.The other day, which is many months after the last, I snooped again There is now one missing from that box.Again, I confronted on her and she absolutely lost it. She called me an asshole, told me I was fucked in the head and other such things. She started packing up her overnight bag, while screaming at me and telling me she's sick of me not trusting her, etc, etc. I stayed calm the whole time and didn't retaliate once with yelling or name calling. Between her snapshow, she said she used it on one of her toys. 15 minutes later, when she was a little bit more cooled down, she confessed that she wanted to experiment with a banana because she had a dildo with that kind of curve before and misses it. Of course, this is possible. She's very superstitious and even in jest will never, for example, swear on our sons life. She takes words like that very seriously. Well in this case, she swore on our sons life that she hasn't cheated on me. But because of the unhealthy place my mind is, of course I act in a manner that is not acceptable(snooping in her private drawer). I feel guilty. I feel in the wrong. But my gut feels very wrong about it all...even the stuff on her end. With our past, and knowing just how terrible she thinks I am sometimes, knowing she's unhappy enough to have already moved out, stayed apart almost a year now and unhappy enough to have already slept with someone else.....finding missing condoms really gets my mind going. She swore on our son's life and I really want to believe her. But like you said tymoteus, this relationship might be already past the point of reconciliation, before this missing condom even happened. The only time I can think she has available to cheat is when our son goes to pre-school...a 3 hour window in the morning. Rationally, it doesn't seem very practical or likely. sigh...I've gotten to such a bad place emotionally...when I found that the other day, I drove back to my place crying my eyes out. I came in hysterical and told her I loved her before spilling the beans on what was bothering me...on what I had found. I started apologizing over and over for not trusting her, while crying, while she went off the deep end in anger. I'm pretty pathetic, I know ![]() I never used to be like this
| |||||||
|
Enlil's Official Story Registered: 10/31/04 Posts: 21,407 Loc: Building 7 |
| ||||||
|
Tough situation, OP. Her previous infidelity of course makes you doubt trusting her now.
I will say from watching my dad almost die twice from a "fancy insulin pump" that the quicker she could get back to 2x or 3x? daily injections, the better. Blood sugar fluctuations are no joke, and the pump is just a bad idea because it makes the swings larger. Besides, if the doctor is making excuses about the birth control not working based on the pump it just shows he's likely a quack to begin with. Why would that have anything to do with it? -------------------- Anxiety is what you make it.
| |||||||
|
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out Registered: 09/08/10 Posts: 14,327 |
| ||||||
You need to stop making excuses for her. And understand it will NEVER be back to how it was - and there is nothing you can do about it. You have to let her go. Let the relationship go. From the sounds of it she has long done that to you.. Have you thought about counselling for yourself? It's not something to be ashamed of, and you shouldn't put yourself down, saying you are pathetic. Mental abuse can be perpetuated by women too, and from what I have read, it seems to be the case. Which is why you feel so broken now. But counselling can help fix that. In the meantime, however, you need to get away from her. It's toxic, and detrimental to your well-being. For the sake of your child if not for yourself. -------------------- Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K Something abut that anaesthetic rush...
Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One
| |||||||
|
ॐ Registered: 08/04/01 Posts: 6,135 Loc: heart cave |
| ||||||
|
She sounds horrible dude. You need to end this as soon as possible.
I understand that things are complicated because you have a child together, however you have to think of the impact your abusive relationship is having on them in the long run. IMO it would be better for you, your child and her if you break it off for good. I don't know you at all but from what I can gather you are a good man who is being manipulated and used by a troubled woman. You deserve better.
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
Like she says though, you are only hearing one side of the story. I try to tell it as unbiasedly as I can, but if you were to hear it from her, shed convince you...like she convinces me, that these are all my faults and/or im fabricating it all. Which I know so deep down that is absolutely not true. She truly forgets all this stuff she does and venomously defends herself
Our anniversary was last week. 5 years. 2 years in a row she has not acknowledged or planned anything or bought anything. She insists this is a lie ![]() I was going to do nothing this year but im a softie and caved. I didnt go all out but I bought a card, wrote something sappy in it, bought flowers, box of chocolates and her favourite starbucks coffee...she seemed really greatful and felt guilty she forgot. I convinced her I was ok with it. I wanted her to believe everything was okay. She did make me dinnee though which was nice. But as I think about it...its just another sign that this has been a one way road for a long time ![]() I really am in a dark place and my mind is working in destructive ways I never thought possible and if for some reason I seem to dissapear from the boards know im finally at peace. I am not a strong person. Im so weak I have finally realized
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
After 5 years and building a family together...we have put the final knife in us and we are over.
Ive just lost everything that was important in my life....and all over again and I wont be able to cope with the hurt this time. I love you all
| |||||||
|
ॐ Registered: 08/04/01 Posts: 6,135 Loc: heart cave |
| ||||||
|
Congratulations on extricating yourself from an abusive relationship. You now have the opportunity to be a positive role model to your child.
I know it doesn't feel like it now but there is an entire world of possibility out there. Don't give in to the darkness. Keep going...
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
Sooo much separation anxiety. So much pain and suffering swelling inside me.
Since this happened at beginning of my holidays, im just sitting around a house that used to be full with everything I loved. I was going to fall apart and just needed to get out of there. I just started driving. Not sure what im going to do or where in going. im in edmonton alberta now tho
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
these two writings describe to a tee how I feel. It's almost scary how well this relates to how I'm feeling.
http://www.sharischreiber.com/an -------------------------------- AT ANY COST: Saving your Life after Loving a Borderline. By Shari Schreiber, M.A. You're hurting. You've never felt this excruciating pain before, and you need it to stop. Perhaps she's left you for another--or just abruptly left, and this terrible lack of closure has you confounded. You're constantly replaying each moment of this relationship in your mind, to comprehend why she's suddenly gone--and you keep blaming yourself. It's hard to make sense of these awful feelings, because there could have been times you thought of leaving--but you've patiently hung on, hoping it would get better. Your emotional roller-coaster ride has finally ended, but all you can think about is having her back. When you're involved with a borderline disordered female, you feel ebullient when things are “good” between you, and miserable when they're not. You might think of her like a drug you can’t live without, because you've felt alive and buoyant when she was attentive, available and loving, and tortured and empty when she was indifferent, detached or cruel. During frequent breakups or periods of distancing, you may have desperately longed for her return, and resorted to elaborate means to re-engage her. In the wake of this involvement, you're probably obsessing about what she's feeling or doing, who she's screwing--and wondering if she's thinking at all about you. Your emotionally treacherous dance with a borderline girlfriend or wife may be over--but if your feelings of regret, shame and emptiness are so unbearable, that you want her back at any cost, this was written for You. A man I've known for years once said, "I don't care if somebody manipulates me, as long as I'm having a good time." His statement was really funny to me back then--but it perfectly encapsulates a man's initial experience with a Borderline. Decades later, this guy craves but avoids romantic involvement, because all the women he's ever attached to, have been Borderlines! "No good deed goes unpunished," was his favorite lament--and I guess this was the story of his life, given these unwavering romantic selections. Sadly, his only frame of reference consistently yielded painful outcomes associated with loving. Current wisdom has informed him, this prize is no longer worth the price he'd pay for another go at it. Alas, even aging has its rewards. Certain aspects or common denominators are present in males who attach to Borderlines. Generally, these are People Pleaser types, who have rescuing or fixing compulsions, self-esteem difficulties from childhood, intimacy issues, engulfment concerns, poor self-image, dysthymia (chronic/long-standing mild to moderate depression), etc. Foundational problems of this kind leave men vulnerable to being seduced and manipulated by these women. You may be extremely accomplished and successful--but the Borderline will methodically learn what's underneath those props, and use your most intimate secrets and self-doubts against you. These involvements derail your trust in women, but also in yourself--which is unfortunately, the worst part of this deal. Every man's ego takes a jab when a woman leaves--but a Borderline leaves you feeling guilty, ashamed, castrated, unlovable, emasculated, worthless, etc. You start believing that if she returns, you'll be able to get rid of these horrible sensations, and feel okay again. Once in awhile, your rational mind recalls the torment of that affair, and you're not certain you want that part of it again--but anything must be better than what you're feeling right now! I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN. This conflict between what you need and want, confuses and intensifies your struggle, because you're hopelessly trapped in yearning for a woman you've sensed isn't healthy for you! Your ambivalence is completely normal--but it adds to your feelings of shame about being out of control and a little 'crazy.' There's a ridiculously simple explanation for all of this; you've been trying to have a functional relationship with a dysfunctional female. Heaven knows, you're not perfect--but you've overlooked an awful lot, just to keep this woman caring enough to stick around. There have been times that taking care of her feelings and needs was a full time job--but you've gladly taken it on, and tirelessly kept trying to get a few crumbs of loving attention along the way. If you disappointed or let her down in any manner, the character assaults and twisted perceptions of you as an inconsiderate or "selfish" man, made you feel just terrible about yourself. These comments usually came on the heels of the good times, so you began to believe them, which made you try even harder to please her! There's always a childhood template that sets up our attraction to someone personality disordered. It's very likely your Borderline has traits similar to mother and/or father, so you're familiar with the relationship dynamics you've struggled with in this attachment (which keeps it exciting, despite all the pain it causes you). You'll keep wanting to blame yourself for this relationship faltering, but this is directly tied to experiences in childhood, which left you with self-esteem wounds. A young child can't make sense of why he isn't getting enough love, affection or support from a parent, and he doesn't even know how to ask for it! He'll try to find reasons for this lack of attention in his head--but the only rationale he can come up with is, it must be his fault; "I must not be good enough, smart enough, cute enough, lovable," etc. You've carried these self-worth injuries into your adult relationships, and now they're alive again. This damage must be repaired, or you'll continue being attracted to Borderlines. The dangerous, diabolical hook with Borderlines, is they initially come across as genuine, and completely without pretense, guile or disguise. This helps you drop your guard, and makes it easy to trust that their statements to you are real--and they're authentic, integrous individuals. The ease you have felt with them is so natural and wholesome, it seems you've waited for this your whole life! These early behaviors are central to their Seduction Plan; as soon as they sense that you're captivated, you're captured--and these episodes of delicious intimacy become fewer and farther between. You will never know where you stand with a Borderline, because they're not capable of discerning this for themselves--well, not beyond a few moments or hours at a time, anyway. One minute you're the center of their universe, but before you know it--you're dirt under their feet. You'll continually wrestle with this discrepancy, 'cause you're trying to make sense of it! Don't bother. It's nonsensical, until you start to accept that this is typical BPD behavior. A bit further down in this piece, I expose the myths surrounding Borderlines. That sub-section (THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY) is intended to help you start thinking logically about this mess, untangle the hold this female's had on you--and begin to recover! These myths are anecdotal, to center you and assist you in surmounting this awful struggle. SHE LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT . . . A borderline disordered female may lure you with explicit sexual imagery, or how much she loves or misses you when you're apart--but never deliver once you're together. Long-distance relationships that are initially cultivated and maintained over the Internet are very common in this regard, and leave men at a loss, as to why those enticing promises aren't fulfilled. If she has Waif features, she may explain that she thinks you should 'wait' until you marry, which can have you believing you've found a virtuous girl, and respecting her wishes--but what's happened to that sexy vamp who seduced you in the first place?? You might be willing to accommodate this bait and switch routine, but give serious weight to this disparity between her words and actions--and let it be a warning flag of what's to follow! The Waif may also use physical ailments as excuses to leave you hanging out to dry--and there you sit, with your dick in your hand. Borderlines can leave solid, long-term attachments or marriages very suddenly. You'll be feeling shocked and bewildered by this--particularly when she cites frustrations or problems you were never made aware of, to justify her abrupt departure. You might vacillate between numbness and tormenting confusion, but what's even worse, is she'll have you thinking you're responsible for this outcome! When you've done virtually everything to keep her satisfied and happy throughout this relationship (which has included putting your personal needs and desires aside to accommodate hers), you're left only with a sense of sheer exhaustion, painful craving and deep betrayal. You cannot help agonizing over how she could leave--given all the times she told you this was the "best sex" she'd ever had, how much she needed you, and that she could never even imagine living without you! You've believed you were the center of her universe, and it was finally safe to let your guard down, and trust that she was here to stay. Losing a Borderline is like being in a hit-and-run accident. You're in trauma, and she speeds away without a moment's consideration for the carnage she's left behind. That's brutality! Abrupt departures during mid-life are particularly significant, because while she could have been exhibiting borderline symptoms for decades, these may become far more pronounced during marked hormonal changes, such as pre- or peri-menopause. This concern is also heightened with regard to menstrual cycles, PMS, pregnancy, ovarian removal and/or hysterectomies, etc., which can easily catalyze more acting-out behaviors and psychosis. Rebound relationships are extremely common among Borderlines, and leave men feeling used and discarded--but the same disturbing patterns that you wrestled with during this relationship, are replicated with other suitors. It's literally just a matter of time before they'll meet with a similar fate, and be suffering as you are. In short, your Borderline will not miraculously become normal/well with some other guy! Her disruptive behaviors stem from deeply entrenched survival reflexes. Without highly skilled therapeutic intervention, she just can't help herself. With respect to her rebounding, you'll be on high-alert as to how long she's staying with the next guy. This is torturous to you, because if she manages to remain a bit longer than you think she should (based on the literature you might have read) you'll be driving yourself crazy with self-doubts and shame. A Borderline always leaves you feeling shameful, because she makes you believe you're the one at fault for this thing not working. A long-held rotten leftover from your boyhood might be; "If I feel bad in a relationship, it must be my fault," but it's time to throw it out!!! Every male who's gone through what you're going through right now, lugs around old/deep self-worth issues from childhood, and this erroneous belief is simply a part of that old, faulty programming. The Borderline is inherently narcissistic due to his/her lack of emotional development--but you've also observed other problems, such as; desperate attempts to gain attention, intense/irrational abandonment fears, lack of empathy, extreme jealousy, lying, poor impulse control, extramarital affairs, drug/alcohol abuse, hypersexuality, 'crazy-making' interactions, low self-esteem, rebound relationships, passive-aggression, cognitive distortion, self-harming behaviors, eating disorders, suicidal ideation, stalking, etc. In truth, a panoply of pathologies may be associated with borderline disorder, and Histrionic Personality Disorder is just one of these. You might have perceived a bit of 'craziness' early on, when she'd become disproportionately volatile about minor issues that were troublesome to her. When she shared stories about (vilified) former boyfriends or lovers, you felt honored to be privy to these intimate revelations, while assuring yourself it would be different with you; why not--you're one of the 'good guys!' During these storytellings, you were made to feel exceptional, heroic and uniquely unlike all the others. The way she hung on your every word, gazed into your eyes, touched you and wanted you, was beyond anything you'd experienced before, and you felt privileged to have found her. Basically, you were on top of the world--and could never have imagined falling off. WHO ARE YOU--AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND? If you've dabbled in drugs, loving a Borderline is like chasing after your first hit of Cocaine, and trying to recapture that initial 'rush' the rest of the night. In the early stages of this relationship (the Honeymoon), you felt hopelessly captivated, and intrigued with her intensity. A novel sense of contentment, wholeness or 'finally arriving,' became part of your everyday experience. The sensations she engendered in you, had only existed in vague fantasies--no matter how many close encounters there had been with other females. This might be the first time you'd gotten really intimate with someone, and felt like you were worthy of such a prize--especially if you struggled with self-esteem issues, earlier in life. Did you learn to love pain as a boy, in order to adapt to and survive it? Abuse by a Borderline is quite literally, a heart attack. Self-worth difficulties could have drawn you to this type of woman, and kept you ensnared beyond all instinct and reason. They could have allowed you to tolerate/accept her abusive or distancing behaviors, way beyond what you've known was reasonable or right for you. She's irresistibly seductive, and may be the most exquisitely beautiful creature you have ever been with--so any notion of walking away when the going got tough, seemed inconceivable. If you're relatively inexperienced in the realm of ongoing, intimate relations, you might naturally assume "all women are like that," but they're not!!! In direct contrast to the instability you've observed in this woman, there are times you've glimpsed what appears to be her wisdom, her spirituality and her incredible knack for stating things that make her sound like an absolute authority on health/well-being. Borderlines are often plagiarists or copycats. They may have read a plethora of self-help books along their way, that have helped them assemble their broken shards of ceramic into a mosaic of sorts, that resembles a whole/definable image. They have the remarkable capacity to mimic or parrot information they've read or heard--which helps you regard them as healthy and sane. This characteristic is particularly common among Borderlines in the "helping" professions--which amps up the volume on your ambivalence and confusion about these women. The primary issue with their Guru Complex, is they can talk the talk--but there's no way they can walk it! That would require integrity, which is a by-product of moral development. Borderlines have an uncanny ability to paint themselves into corners legally, financially, professionally or interpersonally--and then attempt to make You responsible for the consequences of those choices! It's impossible to make them see that their impulsivity brought about this peril, and it's payback for their short-sighted behavior. Allow them to enter adulthood. Resist the urge to bail them out. GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH I LOVE YA BABY, BUT IT'S EXHAUSTING! Your Borderline might have been so insecure and needy, you felt reasonably certain she would never leave you--but at times, secretly hoped she would. Her physical ailments inspired your sympathy and determination to protect her, but you've often marveled at how someone so young could be so sickly! For the most part, your relationship moved along pretty smoothly, until you tried to express any real concerns or needs. The Borderline Waif can't handle that--after all, it's clearly been your job to take care of her. The minute you had a need, she either made you wrong for it, punished you or left. Having a serious adult conversation with a Borderline, is like trying to get a three year old to comprehend, and rationally respond to the issues at hand. Just when you've worked up the courage to approach a sensitive topic, she deftly diverts the dialogue by starting a fight, or accusing you of not loving her, caring about her feelings, wanting her, etc. At this point, tremendous time and energy is spent consoling/reassuring her, and reinforcing how much you really care! The inevitable upshot? Your original concern is successfully deflected, and any hope for resolution is abandoned. You may adore a child, but you can't have an interdependent adult relationship with one. The Borderline's duality generally exacerbates this deflection issue. She may bully you--but the very moment you fight back, she can shape-shift into her (victimized) "poor me" role, and make you out to be the monster! You will wrestle with this time and time again--because she's typically the instigator, but you can never make her see it, or own it. Change cannot occur, because a borderline disordered person doesn't experience remorse--and when there's no genuine remorse, there can be no emotional growth or healing. Regardless of how proficient or successful she is in her professional sphere, issues of an emotional nature make you feel like you're dealing with a little girl, who's living inside a woman's body--and this continually perplexes you! Just know that your perceptions are extremely accurate, and developmental arrest is the culprit behind this odd incongruency. Borderlines are ignorant about men, and human nature in general. They fear that if they let you feel good about yourself, you'll leave them for somebody better! Such is the extent of their insecurity and abandonment terror. Giving love and affection to a Borderline is like trying to fill a well that has a huge fracture at the bottom; she simply cannot hold it. In truth, you've had to constantly assure her of your devotion all along--but no matter how much you have, she just can't seem to integrate it. A three year old sees his/her world in a black or white sort of way. They think that you either love them or hate them, based on your facial expressions, tone of voice and behaviors. As they haven't yet developed the capacity for mood regulation, they'll react to the slightest frustration or disappointment, by hating you! As soon as their immediate upset passes, they revert to loving you again. Their feelings and perceptions of you can shift on a dime; within the vernacular of borderline pathology, this love you/hate you phenomenon is referred to as 'splitting.' Borderlines have been torturing men, probably since time began. If you're a fan of 'Oldies' music, you might remember this song from the late sixties; Build Me Up Buttercup, by The Foundations. It was upbeat and fun, but the lyrics say it all. It may cheer you up a bit, so take a second, and listen (just hit the 'back' button on your internet browser afterward, to return here). CAN'T WE STILL BE FRIENDS?? You'll likely hear this question posed in slightly different ways by your soon-to-be-X-Borderline. Take a moment here, and ask yourself what friendship means to you, and if you've ever been treated with such disrespect, lack of concern and dishonesty in any relationship you've come to regard as one you could trust. Friends aren't just acquaintances--these are folks we've learned (over time) we can rely on, to have our back, as we have theirs. "A friend in need, is a friend indeed" is a truism--unless you've been broad-sided by a Borderline! The BPD Waif tries to keep you around to meet every little need she has, no matter how inconvenient it might be for you drop everything in your world, to respond to her frantic outreach--be it the middle of the night, or otherwise. The unfortunate truth here is, this has never been a reciprocal relationship--and it ain't about to become one now. If your fixing/rescuing compulsions are so deeply entrenched, that you're bound and determined to dangle on the sidelines as her emergency life-support unit, you're signing up for even more destructive, debilitating times up ahead, and you're a chump. You have been duly warned. Proceed at your own great peril. If you're the one wanting to maintain this connection--in spite of all the pain this gal has caused you, you're only trying to escape the toxic shame you're experiencing in the aftermath of that relationship, and understandably trying to bandage your ego. If you think this female can't be seriously wounding to you when sex isn't part of your dynamic anymore, you're kidding yourself! THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY--KNOW THY OPPONENT. I'm now going to debunk some myths about Borderlines: First, they won't all behave identically. You might assume that certain patterns you've heard or read about can be anticipated with every Borderline--but it just isn't true. For one; after an upset or break-up, her return is not chiseled in stone! It's likely she'll come around when she wants or needs something from you, but this is only when it suits her--which could take weeks, months or years. Second, Borderlines can make tangible progress with solid therapeutic help, but you may have a better shot at flying to the moon strapped to a banana, than keeping them in treatment long enough, to accomplish any real growth or healing. Don't forget--they're terrified of attaching, and relying on anyone for their care. They'll act-out by devaluing the therapist, acting belligerent or picking fights, being non-compliant and/or seductive, missing appointments, rescheduling at the last minute, or lying in effort to control the therapeutic relationship. Week to week, the therapist hears them diminish you or glorify you, and this splitting reflex (of course) happens continuously. Third, no matter how much you try to please her or love her better, you're in for a rocky ride. Borderlines can be attracted to narcissistic or abusive men, because of poor self-image and attachment fears: What could be safer, than trying to get someone to love you, who's incapable of loving? The more you demonstrate that she's lovable, the more disdain she feels toward you. It's kind of like that old saying; "I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me as a member," holds true here. You can't be someone you're not, just to keep this woman interested in you--but your need to be who she needs you to be, is deeply rooted in boyhood!!! Fourth, when you're imagining that she's feeling exactly like you are, stop it! There are times you'll show up on her radar, and times you won't--no matter how much history you've shared. An individual who lives with psychosis does not have the same feelings or emotional responses as you. To presume that they do, is unrealistic thinking, narcissistic and potentially very dangerous. Fifth, if you're thinking you need her to suffer like you have--and that being seen with someone new will make her want you again, watch your back! This is an extremely hazardous game you're about to play, regardless of whether or not she's left you for a rebound relationship. Dating a new woman? Keep a low profile, and put your car in the garage! Is this fair? No, but it's safer. Sixth, if you're reflexively making yourself "wrong" for conjuring up all sorts of terrible fates befalling her, ease-up on yourself! Your anger is appropriate under these circumstances, and it's an activating emotion--which gives you temporary respite from this dreadful depression. Rage is a normal aspect of your healing process, but try to hold these feelings without self-judgment, rather than acting on them (unless you wanna do some push-ups). In other words, express this energy in ways that won't harm you, or anyone else. Seventh, if she calls or "checks in" to see how you're doing in the aftermath of this relationship, it's never about you! Your needs didn't matter while she was with you, and they don't matter now. You may feel grateful she seems to care enough to keep the connection alive--but her sole purpose is keeping you around to meet her needs (no matter what she says to the contrary). A three year old hasn't developed any capacity for empathy (that comes much later on), so don't presume that she's calling for your sake. Eighth, no matter who left whom, emotional cut-off is second nature to this woman. It's natural for you to wonder if she ever really loved you, or meant the things she said while you were together--particularly if she's diminishing you or your importance to her, now. Was she "faking it?" No, but you must understand, this is part of that splitting reflex described above, and just one of the survival tools she's carried since infancy. You cannot fix this. Ninth, the minute you make contact with her, you're giving away your power! No matter what you think you need to say to this female, these dialogues will leave you feeling worse, not better. You may compulsively replay these conversations in your head afterwards, and think you did a really good job--but it won't be long before you're doubting it, and torturing yourself. Do not intercept her calls; if you decide to return them, do it when you're feeling more centered, and it's easy/convenient for you. Don't reply to any emails or text messages, and do not respond to her "emergencies!" It won't win her back, or make her think more highly of you. Besides, the crisis will blow over very shortly; by the time you get back to her, she's onto something else. It's best if you don't hear her voicemails, or read what she sends. Doing so, only prolongs your pain. Delete, delete, delete!!! Tenth, Borderlines don't change, because they don't have to! Her great looks and captivating charms continually allow her to seduce men, which feeds her narcissism. Your ego's taken a serious beating, so you probably can't believe this right now--but you deserve better. Eleventh, if you're fairly certain she's rebounding with someone who's better looking, wealthier, brighter, taller, more loving, etc., in most instances, this is a totally erroneous assumption! It's unlikely you'll accept this at present, but she's more prone to choosing an easier mark the next time around--even if it's a fellow who feels stuck in an unfulfilling marriage. In truth, most men are utterly shocked when they finally discover who she's deserted them for. This relentless preoccupation with who the other guy is, taps into childhood deficits that undermined your self-worth. If you grew up with a dad who was narcissistic, tyrannical, weak/sickly--or wasn't around much, there's a strong likelihood that his needs superceded yours--at least, where your mom was concerned. In short, you've had to compete for a woman's attention and love your entire life. It is this aspect that allows you to take her back, after each sexual betrayal with another man--regardless of how castrating it feels. Twelfth, stop assuming that this female is the keeper of your pleasure and pain! You are the sole proprietor of these sensations; in short, they belong entirely to you--not to her. You might be inclined to credit her for bringing these intense feelings into your life, but they've been inside you all along, since you were born--she's simply awakened them. In a sense, you've been sleepwalking since childhood, when you had to discard certain emotions your parents treated as unacceptable, or "bad." Thirteenth, and perhaps most important: There will be moments where she'll seem rational and lucid--both while you're with her, and after the break-up. These episodes have insidiously kept you in this destructive relationship, by fueling your capacity to overlook, trivialize or normalize abnormal behaviors. These phases are very transient/fleeting--but they've indulged your fantasy that this lover is really whole, or sane. Watch out for this one!!! Fourteenth, Borderlines lacked a healthy symbiotic bond in infancy with their birth mothers, which is the core of this difficulty. You may have sensed that she's wanted/needed you to be a mind reader or Mommy, when these primal needs got displaced onto you--but no male on God's green earth is equipped to take on these roles, or heal the archaic issues that drive her demands. Fifteenth, Borderlines do not "get better" with age! Rereference my mid-life paragraph above. While some of their acting-out behaviors can mitigate over time, these generally transmute into other issues--unless there's been solid therapeutic intervention along the way; the Witch or Queen Borderline could adopt Hermit or Waif traits, for instance. We're not as aware of these folks, because they're no longer out 'trolling' in Our World. Have you ever noticed disheveled old people who are living on the street, begging, acting crazy and muttering to themselves? You're observing Borderline pathology in the aged, and/or more severe mental disorders, such as Schizophrenia. Sixteenth, don't fall into the trap of thinking you can construct a relationship with a "high-functioning" Borderline. They may be adept in their professional life, and far too many are psychotherapists--but their romantic partnerships suffer the same come-here/go-away interpersonal dynamics, as all the rest! Sure, they're exceptionally bright and capable--but emotionally undercooked and damaged. As hard as it is to believe, these may be the most diabolical and wounding relationships. Why? They're brilliant at making you think that you're the one who's defective and nuts! Seventeenth, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is NOT a "mental illness," and if someone is highly motivated to heal and do the challenging work needed to grow emotionally, it can be resolved. The 'sympathy' you feel for your Borderline is directly associated with vulnerable/fragile emotions and aspects in You, that you had to disown and eliminate since early in childhood. In short, it's projection. FEMME FATALES, AND OTHER THINGS THAT GO 'BUMP' IN THE NIGHT Hundreds of men have asked me why Borderlines are "so darned seductive." Are you by chance, a fisherman? Have you ever experienced a time when you were successful at fishing, without baiting the hook?? A Borderline's 'bait' is impossible to resist. She's usually beautiful, alluring, charismatic, sexy, etc. Borderlines lie, or fabricate and embellish the truth. That's what they do, to defend against their insecurities, and make you see them as more worthy of your love/desire. Your instincts might have alerted you to this facet, and you may have brushed them aside, or decided they were insignificant--but could you ever really trust her? This woman could make self-aggrandizing statements concerning her appeal or allure to other males. She may tell you about men who've flirted with her during an event or outing when you weren't nearby--or she'll often reference a boss, friend or co-worker who's "got a thing" for her. This is a manipulation that's designed to cover several bases--but it's mainly about control. First, it's a distancing technique that keeps you on edge--meaning, uneasy and off-kilter (the better to control you with, my dear). It's great sport for her to seduce you back--especially after she's angered you (make up sex is hotter). Her comments are nothing short of emasculating--and a conscious, sound female doesn't do that to someone she loves! Rubbing your nose in this stuff (whether true or not) is the equivalent of lopping off your balls. You'll resist feeling small and insignificant--but she generally hits her mark. Second, this behavior triggers your competitive reflex, because boyhood self-esteem issues get activated (along with abandonment concerns), and you're compelled to do something about that! This can take the form of buying her costly gifts, fawning over her, taking her on elaborate trips/vacations, etc. Her diabolical maneuvers are designed to make you feel insecure/unworthy, view her as more valuable than she sees herself, and manipulate your desire and emotions. That's just the beginning--but bottom line, we need to build your self-worth, so you're not susceptible to this crap in the first place. Given that most Borderlines are exceptionally bright, they're usually capable of convincing you that it's your fault or shortcoming, which has ruptured this relationship. Did you ever buy into this--even when overwhelming evidence was stacked against her argument, and you were unequivocally certain she was wrong? Her brilliant (but twisted) logic and verbal dexterity could distort facts and details, to where her perceptions often made sense--even if she completely contradicted herself, from one hour to the next! You might have doubted yourself at these times, and questioned if you were going insane. These feelings were directly related to spending time with someone whose psychic/emotional balance is profoundly unstable, to say the least. WHEN LOVE IS JUST A FOUR LETTER WORD Years ago, I worked with a client who steadily eroded her lover's self-worth. He was a good guy, but she'd beat him up emotionally and psychically every single day--and told him she wanted him out. When he finally complied and left, she frantically tried to get him to come back. When I pointed out that she'd pushed him out the door--which is what she'd always said she wanted, she stormed out of my office, yelling "this isn't my fault" and never returned. This was clearly an error in judgment on my part--but in my defense, I knew absolutely nothing about borderline pathology back then. Still, I often regret the lack of education and preparedness that may have helped at the time. Once she's kicked you out or you've managed to leave, her attempts to lure you back again, could become pitifully desperate/hysterical--she might even threaten to KILL herself, if you don't return! This is the ultimate emotional blackmail, which could be used to influence your behavior--but resist feeling flattered. These frantic measures are very primitive reflexes that are being triggered by overwhelming needs, which have nothing to do with you! If your chaos has reached this point, urge her to see a mental health professional. Yes of course, you'll feel sorry for her! She'll tug relentlessly at your heart-strings when she's sobbing and telling you how empty, alone, desperate and sad she is, and you'll feel compelled to offer solace and comfort, but don't. Given your childhood programming, it's far easier for you to feel compassion for another, than for Yourself--and we definitely need this energy focused on you growing stronger and healthier. She will survive. She always has. While she provides a lovely distraction from your own pain and emptiness, the moment her current crisis blows over, she'll revert again to that rageful, crazy-making gal you've known all along--and you're back out in the cold. HERE I AM, TO SAVE THE DAY! UH, HANG ON--WHO AM I AGAIN??? The Borderline's mixed messages keep you confused and off-center. It's not that they do this stuff deliberately, but their distorted perceptions and labile moods make you feel like a horse, who's constantly having his reins jerked right and left, to where he's overwhelmed and paralyzed--or furious enough to buck that rider off his back! You're damned when you react, because the Borderline seizes this as an excuse to sanction her punishing or abandoning behaviors--and you're damned when you don't, because you're forced to flee your disquieting ambivalence about remaining or leaving, with alcohol/drug abuse, working longer hours, overeating, etc., just to cope! Borderlines can turn good men into monsters. They'll steadily erode your self-worth with subtle/snide comments and other passive maneuvers, even if their words can't be identified as wounding or cruel. Their delivery and tone will make you feel infantalized--as if she's the critical parent, and you're the little kid, who's done something terribly wrong. She's masterful at shaming you--and the saddest part is, you keep buying into it! Some men are actually moved to violence in these relationships--even if aggression is completely foreign to their natures. You'll feel compelled to stick around, no matter how abusive or diminishing she is to you. This is directly tied to an issue called 'learned helplessness' you acquired as a boy--and it's left you with masochistic tendencies: A lover who's elusive, cruel, or just emotionally and/or physically unavailable can trigger painful sensations that replicate what you may have experienced as a child, seeking a loving/responsive parent. This emotionally inadequate, yet dramatically felt kind of episode functions as a powerful catalyst, that inspires a tenacious (and vaguely familiar) pursuit to seduce this object of desire into reciprocating your attention and ardor. Since the intense feelings that are invoked by such a relationship are compelling/addictive, somebody who awakens them, is addictive as well. In the rare event an attachment is successfully formed, rejection by your lover can set in motion an internal re-enactment of childhood abandonment struggles, and drudge up excruciating feelings of inadequacy and shame, which are almost impossible to tolerate! Punishment of the Self (compulsive, addictive reflexes or destructive acting-out behavior) usually accompanies or follows this kind of setback. Think that therapeutic professionals are immune to Borderlines? Think again. Dialogues with personality disordered individuals leave us all feeling like we need a shower to wash off the toxic sludge their devaluations and guilt trips leave behind. The quicker you end all contact, the better. Control issues may have kept you in this game far longer than you should've stayed, but skirmishes with the Borderline are always a no-win proposition. No matter how brilliant/bright you are, you'll never get the upper hand with this female. Frustrating challenges might taunt you to keep trying, but this reflex is usually tied to early life events that helped you feel more valued or in-charge, and fueled a false sense of self-worth. Boyhood experiences such as mediating when your parent's argued--or comforting Mom when she was upset/depressed, could have cemented your rescuing fantasies. Altering your mother's mood or your folk's interactions could have helped you gain a sense of mastery/control in your family environment, which has naturally influenced all adult dynamics--but a harmonious/loving relationship with a Borderline is rarely possible, which can be very costly to your mental and physical health. The continuous stress of emotional/psychological warfare affects the human condition more than physical abuse, and some men develop serious ailments during their time in these relationships. Prostate problems, heart conditions, blood disorders, herpes breakouts, migraine headaches and glaucoma are a few of the souvenirs men have retained from these relationships--regardless of how physically powerful they were, before they met the Borderline! One of my ex's was married to a borderline disordered female for twelve years. He's now suffering with a form of Parkinson's Disease--and just trying to survive. By the time she's done with you, you could feel like a shadow of your former self--an empty shell of a man. The Borderline is an emotional vampire; she steadily wears you down with constant brainwashing and drains your vitality. Her skewed perceptions make you feel as if you're viewing yourself in a Fun House mirror, and you begin thinking that this distorted reflection of you is accurate! You've been in survival mode--now you can begin to mend. NICE GUYS FINISH LAST. Every male who has attached to a Borderline has great difficulty accepting that he's adored someone who has psychotic characteristics--no matter how pronounced her disturbing behaviors have been! They all compulsively want "unequivocal proof" that this woman is crazy, or even dangerously unstable. Resistance is understandable, as acceptance involves confronting intricate layers of conflict within one's own psyche; the most prominent layer of this emotional lasagna is shame. Entrenched denial of the borderline's pathology allows a man to side-step asking himself, "if I'm hopelessly enamored with an individual who isn't healthy or sane, what's wrong with me?" This shame response is the leftover from childhood that inspires his need to normalize bizarre behaviors while in this relationship, rather than recognizing them as aberrant, and getting the hell out! The roots of this attraction are deep and started so early in life, that it's almost impossible to avoid the Borderline's noxious allure. Certain men's boyhoods were punctuated with distressing or painful experiences that left behind a relational blueprint, which has strongly influenced self-worth and partner selection. This archaic blueprint continues to undermine all relationship endeavors, not just romantic ones--and curtails productive, healthy personal and professional alliances. This excerpt is borrowed from my male borderline piece. It may provide more insight as to why this gal has gotten under your skin, for we typically choose romantic partners who echo traits of the parent with whom we had the most issues, in childhood: A man who was raised by a volatile, violent father and passive/victim mother, will likely settle on partners who have his father's traits, while adopting the mother's passivity as his own. Since she's elicited his sympathy and concern, she's the parent with whom he can identify (and is the lesser of two evils, in fact). Childhood beatings do not in themselves, spawn Borderline pathology. The roots of this disorder involve betrayal by an adult caregiver, who fails to protect a child from harm, or another's cruelty. Perhaps performer Michael Jackson was a tragic victim of this upbringing. Again, when you've deeply fallen for a Borderline, you could come away from this experience having lost your trust in women--but also, in yourself. In my view, this is the most tragic consequence of these relationships. Everything you've grown up believing that you should want in a female, has come into question during the time it has taken you to survive and recover from, this emotionally wrenching affair. Along similar lines of a post-traumatic stress disorder, you are no longer able to feel confident, that your perceptions and instincts will serve and protect you. In short, you're left with considerable scars--and while your head might tell you that not all women are going to wreak such havoc, your heart is never again quite sure. Later on in life, you might be willing to take another risk, but hurtful memories start to replay each time you contemplate loving again--and you could talk yourself out of it, before you've even begun. Part of this pain that's remaining is primitive, meaning it touches on very old/deep layers within you from childhood; why else would you have such difficulty getting close to someone again? There is nothing wrong with determining you're not up to the task of loving again--but be fair to the people you're dating, and be honest about it at the start! Otherwise, you're doing to someone else, what was done to you. The greatest difficulty you may have after this relationship blows apart, is that when you're unresponsive to her or you've distanced yourself, you feel guilty. When she neglects or rejects you, you feel tremendous shame. Both of these sensations are deeply troubling--which causes substantial conflict within. In truth, these feelings have been living inside of you since boyhood, which is why they feel so loaded or emotionally charged. Unfortunately, they also trap you in a state of limbo, because it feels bad to stay connected, yet bad to cut it off. With a little help, this issue can be resolved. Love is an ever-expanding sense of trust in another, along with admiration and respect for their character, attributes and qualities. The feelings you've had for this woman aren't actually "Love," they're infatuation, addiction and obsession. Using this word in reference to her, keeps you trapped in painful yearning--so try and drop it from your vocabulary. You were understandably inebriated with how her attention helped you feel about Yourself, but real love is neither painful nor obsessional. Pain could have become associated and confused with loving throughout your childhood--but it's the antithesis of consistently stable, nourishing relationships. -------------------------------- Another great one: Shell Shocked: Clearing the fallout from a borderline breakup http://gettinbetter.com/fallout. Edited by Anonymous (07/22/14 11:44 AM)
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
This is where I am. It feels like there is no closure. I keep trying to talk to her about things, but anytime anything resembling "us" comes up in a conversation she either hangs up, or it it's in person, she is very adamant that she does not want to talk about "us". Two weeks ago she was telling me how she loves me more than I'll ever know and talking all dirty to me and whatnot. And literally over the course of only one day, she has completely dropped me. Yes I initiated the breakup(for the first time ever) because that particular day she name called me 4 times during a phone call where I was expecting to come pick her and the kids up because I hadn't seen them in 3 days and I missed her...and add to that phone call everything I'm thinking and feeling in this thread...well I felt I had enough. Sigh...I know I need to see this through. But I'm a mess. That article I quoted describes so perfectly how I feel.
| |||||||
|
Anonymous #1 |
| ||||||
|
From my first post:
With all this time alone, and holidays where I just hit the road, has come a time of even more amplified reflection. I'm so glad me, her, we(essentially) put the brakes on us. Even if I pursued something which undoubtedly would have been quite meaningful, there is a very good chance with the state of her emotional well being and the state of mine, our relationship would have been doomed. I could have never been the man she deserves and the man I want to be. It really is true that things all happen as they should and for a reason
| |||||||
| |||||||
| Shop: |
|
| Similar Threads | Poster | Views | Replies | Last post | ||
![]() |
. | 323 | 19 | 08/10/14 11:19 PM by Asshat331 | ||
![]() |
Why Being a Slut Should Be Considered a Good Thing For Women ( |
4,639 | 382 | 06/23/15 03:41 PM by MoxyOx | ||
![]() |
The DAY after my ex-girlfriend moves out... ( |
1,416 | 42 | 10/05/12 04:56 PM by JesusIsLord | ||
![]() |
Having an affair ( |
1,426 | 118 | 09/16/14 05:19 AM by Srirachi | ||
![]() |
My wife just had an 'accidental' affair.. any advice appreciated ( |
1,898 | 121 | 08/18/15 07:16 AM by automan | ||
![]() |
Anyone grow up Fatherless | 218 | 17 | 11/27/16 10:49 AM by Lucis |
| Extra information | ||
| You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled Moderator: Middleman, Shroomism, automan, yogabunny, CookieCrumbs, Northerner 1,964 topic views. 1 members, 17 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum. [ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ] | ||

The mother of my child had another man fucking her last night.

Who knows though
