Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Church Universal and Triumphant
    #1958711 - 09/28/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heart, Head and Hand? Violet Flame? King Arthur's Court? The Shelter Cycle? Heart of the Inner Retreat? Decrees and Dictations? Saint Germain and the Ascended Masters? Ascension and the Second Death?

Do these things mean anything to you? Have you, or anyone you know ever been affiliated with the Church Universal and Triumphant? Ever helped build a bomb shelter or spent the night in one in the hills of Montana?

Just wondering if there are any other "CUT kids" around. I myself was raised in this doomsday cult. Shit, my fuckin mom was on "A Current Affair" with her dipshit husband as they exploited their involvement in this collective of weirdos, assholes and morons.

I only bring it up because someone suggested a book by Elizabeth Claire Prophet in another post. What a kidder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Church Universal and Triumphant [Re: Viveka]
    #1958726 - 09/28/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I read a book by one of those Prophet people, I think it was the lady's husband. It was about ascension and all sorts of jabberwocky. There were some amusing pictures though.

So what was it like growing up with these types of people? You sound like you resent them (more-so than the average disenchanted youth...)

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Church Universal and Triumphant [Re: Adamist]
    #1958820 - 09/28/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So what was it like growing up with these types of people?

Where do I start. My first experience with them was isolated when my parents would go to "study groups" and take me along. I usually went and played super mario bros in some lady's bedroom. Mostly just alot of paranoia.
Then when I was 8 my mom and I moved to Montana, to the center of this clusterfuck religion. From there on out I was surrounded by so many many wackjobs, airheads and flakes that i began to forget that that's not what most people were like.
The thing about these people, especially when you begin to mature (the age 12 specifically is when you are, according to the church, "accountable for your karma") is that their fear and resident moralism begins to shape your world view without you knowing. The "church experience" and daily life become one in the same. In some ways you have to admire the intensity of their devotion. But, like any dogma, you've got the grotesquely unbalanced worldview that goes along with it. I wasn't allowed to listen to any music with a syncopated beat, view anything produced by hollywood or network television (except CNN, go figure?, conservative-base group no less). Also I didn't eat sugar, caffeine, stuff like that. All these things were considered to be from the "astral plane" and were therefore corrupting influences and off limits. Really it was all about balancing 51% of your karma so that you could appear in front of the "Great White Brotherhood"(sic) who would vindicate you from the execution of your soul and allow you to progress to the next system of worlds where you could balance the remainder of your karma, eventually transmuting it all to ascend and become one of the Ascended Masters.

Alot of this may sound like typical dogmatic household guideline type stuff. Oh yeah, did I mention that most of the members gave all of their belongings to the church and worked around the clock to build bomb shelters in the mountains of Montana? Weapons stockpiles were commonplace. It wasn't uncommon for your neighbor friend to show you his dad's stash of fully automatic assault rifles and nuclear armageddon protection gear. I never did understand why my mom kept an SKS in her closet, a weapon she hadn't near the strength to wield. Hell, I've still got my gas mask, I keep it around just in case.

The messenger, aptly named Elizabeth Claire Prophet, knew that on a specific date in 1990 nuclear warfare with the Soviets was to ensue and we were all to be in our bomb shelters where we would remain for 7 years while the fallout cleared. Of course she must have been right since she was a channel for Ascended Masters like Jesus Christ, Saint Germain, Gautauma Buddha, Lord Maitrea, and she would deliver dictations from them into late hours of the morning, following days worth of frantic "decrees" from circus tents full of devotees while rows of unsuspecting children curled up in sleeping bags in tents and trailers assembled for the purpose.

Of course, the real fun began AFTER armageddon failed to occur.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1959102 - 09/28/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

God man, feel sorry for that shit you had to go through...

Some people are crazy, and it sucks. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1959601 - 09/28/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That makes me wonder how much of her channeled ideas have affected/infected the New Age movement. I know I have heard talk about "Ascended Masters" in different quarters for some time now.

I could never follow someone who founds a religion based on channeled ideas. I mean if you have a message important enough to base a religion on it don't just phone it in! Send someone down! But then again, I wasn't born into as you were.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Church Universal and Triumphant [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1959727 - 09/28/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Don't feel sorry, bro. I am grateful for the experience as it has made me a more aware individual. It's easy to see through all the bullshit when you've been exposed to such an ecclectic mix of dogmatic extremism.
I know alot of Christian kids and people who were born into more luke warm religions who buy alot of crap that is fed to them in all areas of life. I am now incapable of being willfully ignorant (at least i think).

I wonder abotut people who were born into agnostic households and were never exposed to any spiritual tradition. Does this slow their spiritual maturation or does it make them more able?

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Church Universal and Triumphant [Re: Jellric]
    #1959757 - 09/28/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

That makes me wonder how much of her channeled ideas have affected/infected the New Age movement

Probably quite a bit. She along with her husband, also a "messenger" was an early perpetuater of the I AM Movement. An organization at the foundation of alot of "New Age" "teaching". I know she has a ranging impact because when i moved down to AZ they were still playing old recordings of her on public access.
For the record, Elizabeth Clare Prophet is a black-hearted bitch. I had the displeasure of encountering her in person a few times and she was one of the coldest, most elitist people i have met. My mom went to a few luncheons with here and got real buddy buddy for a while. I wanted to slit my mom's throat sometimes when she went into her 'Me and elizabeth prophet are friends and I'm just like her' phase.

My friend's (also a CUT kid) dad wrote the book on the dark side of this woman. I think it's called 'the wolf wears no clothing' or something to that effect and it chronicles her sexual deviancy, drug use, shady financial dealing and all around bitchness. Not to mention that the fact that she owned a luxurious home with a pool on church property, while at the same time expecting her followers to give all their possesions to the church.

All, that aside, this organization has a fascinating history. Or at least its traditions are rooted in one. CUT roots back to the I AM Movement which traces its lineage to the Rosacruscian order and organizations like the Knights Templar and Freemasonry, as well as the greek and judeo-christian mystery schools.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1959935 - 09/28/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ever read Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk? Evileye, tell us more about your experiences. Anything you remember.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #1959944 - 09/28/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

wow thats fucked up. How does it find its roots in organizations like the Templar, freemasons and christianity, yet claim nirvanic ascendant eschatology? seems oxymoronic to me. same goes for the material "ascetic" bitch.

I come from one of those "luke-warm" families. We went to protestant church on sundays, I was in a catholic school most of the time. I was pretty much always seen as the kid who isn't buying into it. I'm sure they felt angry about it when really you'd think they would pity the "heretic."
Then I found drugs. Now my religious and philosophical side grows daily. I'm no longer, i dunno rebelling(?), and proselytizing agnostic and atheist ideas. I am searching for other ideas, forming my own, growing as a person i think.

As for the person who never had any spiritual influence, I do think they are stunted a bit. But, when they find drugs and spirituality, they are often not baised already by asshole parents who wont let their kids be their own people.

What about you? are you exploring the depths of psychedelia? Have you given up on any belief in supernatural? Are you scared and consfused at the realization that your parents and their prophet are fallible?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Church Universal and Triumphant [Re: Xochitl]
    #1961730 - 09/29/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I guess some of my earliest memories were of stylized paintings and other imagery and symbolism used by the church in almost propaganda style. I say propaganda because the curch consumed and processed a lot of information. There were "Pearls of Wisdom" weekly in the mail, delivering the latest teaching directly from one of the ascended masters! There were books full of decrees performed daily and rigorously which are something like prayers whipped up into a coke induced frenzy. There were composers within the church that had the blessing of The Masters who wrote anthemic hymns for the church. There were also bhajans done with very large groups of people because the church drew from the eastern traditions as well. All of the tapes of decrees and anthems and affirmations along with a whole body of literature, pamphlets and symbolism, not to mention stuff like ornate altars protected and cleared of demons and entities by a sword believed to wield the power of Archangel Michael when his invocation and decree is given, all of it made up a.....colorful environmnent to grow up in. And since i'm beginning to densify sentences into paragraphs about something i've never written and could go on forever about, i'm gonna cool it.....here's a picture.

"

Here is the literature that comes along with the chart of "The Mighty I AM Presence 'Your Divine Self'":

{There are three figures represented in the Chart, which we will refer to as the upper figure, the middle figure, and the lower figure.
The upper figure is the I AM Presence, the I AM THAT I AM, the individualization of God's presence for every son and daughter of the Most High.
The Divine Monad consists of the I AM Presence surrounded by the spheres (color rings) of light which comprise the causal body. This is the body of First Cause that contains within it man's "treasure laid up in heaven"-words and works, thoughts and feelings of virtue, attainment, and light-pure energies of love that have risen from the plane of action in time and space as the result of man's judicious exercise of free will and his harmonious qualification of the stream of life that issues forth from the heart of the Presence and descends to the level of the Christ Self, thence to invigorate and enliven the embodied soul.
The middle figure in the Chart is the Mediator between God and man, called the Holy Christ Self the Real Self, or the Christ consciousness. It has also been referred to as the Higher Mental Body or one's Higher Consciousness.
This Inner Teacher overshadows the lower self, which consists of the soul evolving through the four planes of Matter using the vehicles of the four lower bodies (the etheric, or memory, body; the mental body; the emotional, or desire, body; and the physical body) to balance karma and fulfill the divine plan.
The three figures of the Chart correspond to the Trinity of Father (the upper figure) Son (the middle figure), and Holy Spirit (the lower figure). The latter is the intended temple of the Holy Spirit, whose sacred fire is indicated in the enfolding violet flame. The lower figure corresponds to you as a disciple on the Path. Your soul is the nonpermanent aspect of being which is made permanent through the ritual of the ascension. The ascension is the process whereby the soul, having balanced her karma and fulfilled her divine plan, merges first with the Christ consciousness and then with the living Presence of the I AM THAT I AM. Once the ascension has taken place, the soul the nonpermanent aspect of being, becomes the Incorruptible One, a permanent atom in the Body of God. The Chart of Your Divine Self is therefore a diagram of yourself-past, present, and future.
The lower figure represents the son of man or child of the Light evolving beneath his own 'Tree of Life'. This is how you should visualize yourself standing in the violet flame, which you invoke daily in the name of the I AM Presence and your Holy Christ Self in order to purify your four lower bodies in preparation for the ritual of the alchemical marriage-your soul's union with the Beloved, your Holy Christ Self.
The lower figure is surrounded by a tube of light, which is projected from the heart of the I AM Presence in answer to your call. It is a cylinder of white light which sustains a forcefield of protection 24 hours a day, so long as you guard it in harmony. It is also invoked daily with the "Heart, Head, and Hand Decrees" and may be reinforced as needed.
The threefold flame of Life is the divine spark sent from the I AM Presence as the gift of life, consciousness, and free will. It is sealed in the secret chamber of the heart that through the Love, Wisdom and Power of the Godhead anchored therein the soul may fulfill her reason for being in the physical plane. Also called the Christ flame and the liberty flame, or fleur-de-lis, it is the spark of a man's Divinity, his potential for Christhood.
The silver (or crystal) cord is the stream of life, or "lifestream," that descends from the heart of the I AM Presence to the Holy Christ Self to nourish and sustain (through the chakras) the soul and its vehicles of expression in time and space. It is over this 'umbilical' cord that the energy of the Presence flows, entering the being of man at the crown and giving impetus for the pulsation of the threefold flame as well as the physical heartbeat. When a round of the soul's incarnation in Matter-form is finished, the I AM Presence withdraws the silver cord, whereupon the threefold flame returns to the level of the Christ, and the soul clothed in the etheric garment gravitates to the highest level of her attainment where she is schooled between embodiments, until her final incarnation when the great law decrees she shall go out no more.
The dove of the Holy Spirit descending from the heart of the Father is shown just above the head of the Christ. When the son of man puts on and becomes the Christ consciousness as Jesus did, he merges with the Holy Christ Self. The Holy Spirit is upon him and the words of the Father, the beloved I AM Presence, are spoken, "This is my beloved Son in whom I AM well pleased" (Matt. 3:17).
A more detailed explanation of the Chart of Your Divine Self is given in The Lost Teachings of Jesus and Climb the Highest Mountain by Mark L. Prophet and Elizabeth Clare Prophet.}

I also found this link to a piece of archaic literature like the stuff used by CUT. http://www.templeofthepresence.org/Affirm.pdf
It's from the site of a group called Temple of the Presence which was formed by people who split from the organization.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Church Universal and Triumphant [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1961778 - 09/29/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it's weird when i look back at it how it is all connected, often loosely and ambiguously, to ancient mystery rights, the illuminati, Knights Templar and stuff like that.

I also discovered drugs and knowledge of terrestrial sacraments  :wink:that have sent me reeling in another cosmic direction.  I think i realized early on that it was all one very large farcical production with a bizarre history.  But a part of me as a child wanted to embrace a lot of it.  There was a lot of prepping the youth with pamphlets and making them do decrees and stuff like that.  If anything it exposed me to a heap of dogma that, by wading through it, purified my spirituality of human ignorance.  My spirituality embraces non-dualistm and is ultimately free from fickle concepts of good vs evil.  I was never distressed by the realization that the teachings of the church failed to reflect reality.  Any faith I may have held in ascended masters or hierarchal deities sublimated in adolescence into my is-ness notion of spirit.  That *GOD* is everything and nothing.  Infinite and infinitely small.  Reincarnation may exist, but not in a form that our ego is capable of accepting.  The swirling mass of energy and information provides us with a particular quantum existence which allows us to percieve and objectify the nature of spirit.  Ultimately, though,  *everything*  supersedes the construct of duality and hierarchy and anihilation of the concept of self becomes an inevitable means to some rebirth.
This is the real mystery.  The duality of birth and death. Any religion is at root a death cult.  And we who tap into the shaman spirit, and the knowledge and blessings of nature eat of the true sacrament.  It is our quantifiable death/birth experience.  And the indole ring plants and other sacraments fit into the history. The sacrament is a crucial aspect of it all.  And it is suppressed and vilified by status quo western tradition.  We don't fully know the mysteries of sacrament.  Maybe there are no mysteries.  Are both simultaneous possibilities?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1962042 - 09/29/03 05:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

there seems to be a strong resemblence between mark & elizabeth prophet's organization & the late 19th & early 20th century theosophical movement (madame blavatsky, col. woodruffe, et al.), with the ascended masters, great white brotherhood, koot hoomi, etc...
(well, except for all this st germain stuff; in chelsea quinn yarboro's vampire stories, the protagonist vampire is st germain, i beleive, heh...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies