Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Last Night on Coast to Coast - Spirit-realm vs. Physical
    #1951443 - 09/25/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Howard Bloom was on Coast to Coast last night and had some very interesting things to say about mother nature..

He had this idea that there is this "other" realm, this other plane of existence where "spirit" or "soul" or whatever you'd like to call it exists. He said its possible that LIFE is the result of this spiritual existence intersecting with the physical, attempting to take it over.

This FIGHT between NATURE and SPIRIT has been going on for millions of years.. Spirit/Soul/"metaphysical energy?" is and has been working on infiltrating and experiencing physicality - this is what life IS, in his opinion.

I thought this was a very cool way of looking at things - a battle between nature and "soul." Nature has so far killed-off millions of species that spirit has come up with - we are simply one of the "better" creatures for the job - MAYBE.

He discussed how even if we wipe ourselves out in a nuclear orgy, various bacteria and other forms of life will have a GREAT TIME; they will THRIVE as we all die horrible deaths :wink:

Another interesting idea he brought up was how the idea of WAR is nothing new. Since spirit started infiltrating the physical, war has existed. Bacteria and other forms of life have been battling eachother for millions of years - figuring out "brilliant" ways of wiping eachother out and creating "mass destruction" among "enemies." Nature/Spirit have been perfecting "the art of war" long before we came along; we are just one of the newest fighting machines on this planet.. Knowing this, it should be our responsibility to transcend this natural phenomenon of fighting and destruction, and possibly even trascend Nature's best defense against the spirit yet; Physical Death.

hehe is anybody familiar with Howard Bloom? Feel free to share any of his other ideas here, as he sounded incredibly smart and was a joy to recieve memes from.

Any comments on the idea that nature is FIGHTING this other realm's will to infiltrate and "master" the physical?

Any thoughts on the possibility of transcending war or death altogether?

Well.... let's hear 'em then!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Last Night on Coast to Coast - Spirit-realm vs. Physical [Re: Strumpling]
    #1951490 - 09/25/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hm... interesting...

The climbing of the ladder of higher consciousness should effectively solve the "problems" we encounter and will lead to increased understanding and being, I do so believe...

And, the part about the bacteria after the nuclear orgy (what about cockroaches, too?!) just goes to show... hell, it all started with bacteria, did it not?

I mean, we don't see it, as it happens over a long period of time, but those bacteria, theys mutatin....
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1951501 - 09/25/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1951608 - 09/25/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I also just noticed a connection between Bloom's theories discussed last night and one of Mckenna's ideas from Coast to Coast back in 1997..

Bloom speaks of spirit infiltrating and attempting to overcome physicality. Mckenna back in 1997 speaking to Art Bell had said that life is a "conquest of dimensionality," I think implying that the process of life is one of "infecting" or "contaminating" or "infiltrating" or "exploring" or "experiencing" or "enveloping" all physical dimensions.

Conquest of dimensionality = Spirit overcoming physicality?

thanks for the thoughts, Fireworks - I agree, and Xochitl I thank you for the links :-D

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1951632 - 09/25/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Spirit = Yang

Nature = Yin

?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Last Night on Coast to Coast - Spirit-realm vs. Physical [Re: Adamist]
    #1951690 - 09/25/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heh yup - another cosmic balancing-act, the scope of which goes way over our fuzzy little heads

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1951916 - 09/25/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

He said its possible that LIFE is the result of this spiritual existence intersecting with the physical, attempting to take it over.

Was he saying that the physical realm was created separately from the spirit one? I agree with almost of all of what he said, but would have to part ways with him there if that's what he's claiming. I believe the physical universe sprang from spirit and in a sense IS spirit that has descended and coursened incrementally. Picture someone holding a slinky and letting it drop and you get the idea. And yes, I agree that spirit is trying to reclaim and reabsorb the physical world. It "breathed it out" with the big bang and will "breathe it in" with the big collapse.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1952155 - 09/25/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think Mr. Bloom was viewing things correctly but his one-sided perception makes it slightly distorted.
I don't think this "other realm" is Seperate from the physical, but rather intwined in union.
This union can be interpreted by us as sex. It is not necessarily an act of love, but it is an act of union, i.e. the sperm and the egg. Spirit and Nature are the same way.

But recognize that every union has it's dischordant notes. That's what he interpreted as "fighting" or "taking over". Life, evolution-- is a struggle. But if you look beyond it, objectively (that is, with both hemispheres of your being) you will see that this struggle is what grows reality itself. It's a fucking grand design and some parts are dark as shit but the design as a whole is complete (in it's very incompletion).

This is why Male and Female minds can't comprehend reality. You can only comprehend it when both polarities are united within your being, making perception as close to objective as one can get to the Universe.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Last Night on Coast to Coast - Spirit-realm vs. Physical [Re: Jellric]
    #1952672 - 09/25/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"Was he saying that the physical realm was created separately from the spirit one?"

he didn't discuss this during the parts I caught..

Interesting point, though - I would think that the physical came out of the spiritual as a sort of framework for life. Its like before a painter can paint something, they need a piece of canvas to paint on..

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #1952783 - 09/25/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well, think about it. What came first? energy or matter? Energy acording to the Big Bang theory. From energy came matter and from matter came life, It all seems like an evolutionary process. If you think about it, matter is merely energy confined to a point in space by gravity. IMO, The transition between void - energy - matter has been somewhat reflected in the Big Bang theory. What has never been clear to us is the transition between matter and animated life. Or even more intriging when did "conciousness" came about. Was it with energy, matter or life that conciousness and awareness of reality came with. I understand Mr. Bloom's idea in the aspect that chaos in nature cam along with life. And Humanity seem to be ultimate anti-nature machine. We like to brake natures rules, by waking up for a job before sunrise, using natural resources without care, criminalizing natural drugs. We not only seperate ourselves from nature but we slowly destroy it. Wether this means that Humans are the ultimate wepon against the Physical realm is unclear though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder