Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

spirit guide
    #394031 - 09/14/01 03:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hi all :P

ive been reading alot about spirit guides recently, i was just curious to know if anybody has ever met theres or is in contact with him/her/it ?

someone has told me that my spirit guide is actually my dead grandpa. but i dont know.
im pretty interested in it and i wanna try meet my spirit  guide
hopefully

just wonderin if anyone here has met theres?

don't mess wid a skitzo :smile: :blush: :crazy: :laugh: :mad: :tongue: :wink: :shocked: :frown: :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: spirit guide [Re: ]
    #394612 - 09/14/01 06:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't met mine, but I do know a little bit about her. I think if we both had physical bodies, we would be really good friends. :)

If you are curious about your own, you can be re-ingressed or hypnotized/tranced out to learn more about her/him/it. I don't know any websites, but if you have a psychic society in your town, you can get some more information on local hypnotists and such.

Good luck!

O~*
Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose...' -JJ

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: spirit guide [Re: CherryBom]
    #394729 - 09/14/01 09:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hey thanks cherry.
my mum has been to a few of these psycic classes, ill try to find out about some.

as for my guide, i think he likes to play games. but never harmfull

like i was in that semi asleep state, then my tv turns on and im like "wtf?" so i get the controller and turn my tv off, then 30 seconds later it turns on again and im like "argh! let me sleep!!"
(and NO, i do not have a faulty tv, it doesnt just turn 'on' on its own)

don't mess wid a skitzo :smile: :blush: :crazy: :laugh: :mad: :tongue: :wink: :shocked: :frown: :cool:

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #394778 - 09/14/01 11:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm, Spirit guides?

When you meet him/her/it. You will definatly know it. I met mine the very first time I tripped. It appeared to me as a Dragon. Sometimes it takes a little introspection to find it. Take your time and it will come to you eventually.

Tripping is a magical rite of sorts and thusly I have learned to approach it as such. Taking basic psychic and psycholigical precautions before inducing an altered state of mind is almost required for repeated "Good Trips". Learning to meditate properly is a good step on your way to "finding" your "spirit guide". If you really want to know more go pick up Modern Magick, by Donald M. Kraig.

However I will give you a simple ritual that you can do by yourself, before you dose.

1; Find a room that is quiet that you will not be disturbed in for at least half an hour.

2; Make sure that it is lit nicely. Candles are good, but a soft lamp will suffice. Clean the room, pick up
anything laying around. You want to invite positive entities into your environment.

3; Sit down comfortably, in a chair or otherwies. It matters not. Examine how you are breathing, take full, slow deep breaths. Time them with the beating of your heart. A good beginning rythm is, Inhale for four beats and exhale for four beats. Then you can alter this, making it longer, inhale for seven beats and out for seven beats.

4; Do this until you feel relaxed. Now at this relaxed point, hold your hands out in front of you as if you were cupping a ball in both of them. Hold your hands at about six inches above your navel if you are standing. Continue your rhythmic breathing throughout this sequence. Imagine now any negative energies flowing out of your mouth into your cupped hand with your exhalation. And when you inhale imagine multi-colored light entering your body and permeating it completely.

5; When you feel that all the negative energies from your subconscious have left into your hands, "exile" them from your body. I prefer to imagine that I toss them into a mental "blackhole" that swallows them up for good. Never to return.

6; Now that you have cleared out your subconsious you will probably feel better than you ever have before in your entire life. Now comes the difficult part. Try and clear your mind of any thoughts you may have.
This is difficult because even when people think they have accomplished this they still have that "Am I doing this right?" or "Is this meditation?" thought-voice going on in thier heads. When you completely silence this voice you will have accomplished true meditation.

7; Even if you cannot get to a true meditative state, you will still have accomplished alot. Clearing out your
subconsious is very important to a good trip. And it will prepare you to meet any potential Ephemeral guides.

Now having this simple ritual done, dose to your hearts content.
Eventually your gaurdian/guide will come to you...

-=Felstorm=-

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

Anonymous

Re: spirit guide [Re: Felstorm]
    #394812 - 09/15/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for your reply. but ive been trying to do this without tripping

ive never tripped before, and i dont know were i could get shrooms from..

ill just work on my meditation
thanks for the post :smile:

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #394832 - 09/15/01 12:44 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I experience the oddest thing. My guidance comes from what feels like a completely non-human source (I'm not saying alien or animal) a totally non-physical entity. The odd thing about all this is that I can contact and communicate to some degree with other peoples spirit guides. A good friend of mines spirit guide "Marcus" constantly presented himself to me and even though he's a little weird I got to know him a little better. A female friend of mine's female spirit guide is still a little attached to physical pleasures, and anytime I'm around here she plays with the hairs on my neck and kinda blows in my ears (the spirit not the girl). Its pretty weird. Oh and I see ghosts alot too, maybe thats part of it.

I expereince that T.V. thing too, I know I'm not crazy because the other people in my house see it happen too, and say they only see stuff like that happen when I'm in the room, or to my stuff.

{Sporeman ripped me off}
For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #394916 - 09/15/01 03:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well, there's animal guides or spirits too. I am not familiar with this subject, but I know the information is out there for you to look up on. I tried but couldn't find what I was looking for: White Tiger.. I heard it is a rare kind of animal (of course, its white).. Ithe reasong I starting looking for information because 3 friends had visions of a White Tiger as me.. Meaning, I am that ticat or could be.. By the chinese astrology, my seconday sign is the Tiger. But my primary sign changed drastically since I was born, radically shifted to the sign from 3 years, from my original birth..

Agh.. all so confusing..

For Twilight

Edited by ArCh_TemPlaR on 09/15/01 04:46 AM.

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #394984 - 09/15/01 08:32 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Try doing some reading on power animals, which are essentially spirit guides. The book 'principles of shamanism' by Leo Rutherford talk about a journey for finding and retretiving your power animal.

Take care

Offlinelucid_dreams
journeyman
Loc: the great plains
Re: spirit guide [Re: Phyl]
    #395025 - 09/15/01 10:27 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

my guide is the wise and mighty turtle, you may think the
turtle is kind of laim, but it is not a choice you do not
get to pick( all thou some do). the turtle reflects my
spirit and mind, I much like the turtle have a shell that
can take alot of physical and mental punishment,i am very
calm, passive, and wise(maybe not that last one,juries
still out). If you want to search your spirit without
substances try the rituals of my people( Dakota Souix
tribe). step 1: the search begins with cleansing ones soul,
by fasting for few days, my people fast for five days but i
think thats a bit much, remember no food or chemicals of
any kind just water, step 2: the sweat lodge , you don,t
need to build a hut or nothing , maybe use a tent and pour
water on hot coals in a small grill, or turn on the shower
as hot as it will go and stuff a towel under the door and
let it steam up, then just try to indure the heat for as
long as you can. I've been in a sweat lodge and its a very
hard thing to go though, but if you are storng in spirit
and mind you will find what you are looking for.

you only need what you take with you
>>>>>>>>>>>>MIND YOUR HEAD<<<<<<<<

--------------------

when injecting rust, sniff lunar dust
>>>>>>>>>>>>MIND YOUR HEAD<<<<<<<<<<<

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: spirit guide [Re: Phyl]
    #395468 - 09/15/01 09:38 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Did you find your power animal?

I have an intrinsic attraction for cats, exotic cats (tigers).. But I love all kinds of animals..

Anonymous

Re: spirit guide [Re: ArCh_TemPlaR]
    #395490 - 09/15/01 10:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yea i have heard of animal guides
i dont know what there for though.. i just found some info at this website (check it out if u want to) --> http://www.paganspath.com/magik/index.htm

i hope mine is a bird! i looooove birds! :smile:

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #395632 - 09/16/01 05:09 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

My power animal is an Eagle.

I have met it a few times but have never gone searching for it, as I have never felt the need. The first meeting was the evening of the day I became attuned to reiki 1 (A Holistic healing technique).

I laso have a very strong connection with reptiles, especialy lizzards.

Take care

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
    #395639 - 09/16/01 05:36 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Me too arch templar, hence my mountain cat title.
Its more than just an attraction for the way they look. They are very beautiful creatures, but i feel they have an awesome mental state that just shines from their eyes. Thats how i can best describe it.

and i couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
pulled me under
oh... that was so real

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#396244 - 09/16/01 09:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Speaking in a purely animistic vein, 'Spirit' is the energy that infuses all things and gives them life. Rocks have Spirit, trees, ect ect. Spirit is the unifying priciple that underlies all things, and rightfully, a more common name for Spirit is Love, or simply Unity (though deeper introspection on the topic might conjur up other words such as Void, All, God, Universe...). Thusly, anything can be a 'spirit guide'. Your back yard, the rocks under your feet, Your computer and the bulletin boards you post on. An inability to 'contact' or feel connected to some aspect of Spirit is essentially the domination of Ego or Mind which precludes the sense with unrefined logic and fear. When people ask what they should be looking for when searching for their 'Spirit Guide' (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral or Ethereal) the easiest reply is they should be looking for themselves. A Spirit Guide is merely any event which offers up a mirror...a reflection of ones self, path, and nature. It is a convergence that bridges the gap between your sense of singular identity as 'I' and 'me' and extends it outwards to include the elsewise animiate and inanimate of the world. Don't go looking for Ghosts as not everyone should or needs to see ghosts. Do what intuitively feels right if you feel you need guidance. Signs, visions, whatever. It's the meaning you derive from occurences and not their literal aspect (TV turning on repeatedly - what meaning might there be to that occurence?). And if such an event occurs that involves you, your instantaneous interpretation of itbis probably the right one.

Ish

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Re: spirit guide [Re: Ishmael]
    #396784 - 09/17/01 01:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Again another quality post. Please except my humblest appraisal of your great work. Your like the old man of the mountain for this BB.

{Sporeman ripped me off}

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: spirit guide [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #396975 - 09/17/01 05:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

My animal guide is a black bird with a red beak. I'm not sure if this is the same as a spirit guide, but I've never felt another one. I'm really surprised that so many of you have interest in this kinda thing. I always thought it was much more rare.

--------------------
Namaste

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Re: spirit guide [Re: RedNucleus]
    #397143 - 09/17/01 09:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I still think that in the general population this is pretty rare. The compostion of this community is made mostly of those people that don't think inside the norm, and don't have beleifs similar to those of the general public. Thus while it may not seem rare here, trust me it is very rare out in the rest of the world. I'm just glad we've all got a place to "meet"

{Sporeman ripped me off}

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag