Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibledorkus
Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... *DELETED* [Re: Swami]
    #2550447 - 04/12/04 06:11 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: dorkus]
    #2551017 - 04/12/04 11:20 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Well how about this: Swami is an expert beginner.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: Swami]
    #2551271 - 04/12/04 12:31 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

" Find YOUR OWN wisdom and set no man up as your guru, elder, master"
What about the clinically insane who can not discern what is wisdom, and think that wisdom is chewing their fingers off?

"If there is no God nor spiritual life, then the search is meaningless"
Only if you make it meaningless... Who says god or spirituality is supposed to have a final destination that somehow adds meaning to the picture?

"If there is a God, then he has given you the EQUAL ability to learn directly from him WITHOUT an intermediary nor interpreter"
Oh really? What if 'he' is trying to speak to you through other people... don't get all righteous and think you don't need to rely on anybody else. That's not to say some people are bogus in the advice department, but you need a healthy amount of own conclusions, and teachings from those wiser then thee..

And finally, great ideas. Don't get too caught up in worldly details and you will be that much closer to your goal. Also, great thoughts from other posters.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2551340 - 04/12/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
"If there is a God, then he has given you the EQUAL ability to learn directly from him WITHOUT an intermediary nor interpreter"
Oh really? What if 'he' is trying to speak to you through other people... don't get all righteous and think you don't need to rely on anybody else. That's not to say some people are bogus in the advice department, but you need a healthy amount of own conclusions, and teachings from those wiser then thee.

I think what Swami is alluding to here is that externalization of personal empowerment is unnecessary and restricting.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: Sclorch]
    #2551862 - 04/12/04 04:12 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Oh? So I see you are in Swami's head now. Maybe he will answer me, maybe not...Anyways :"I think what Swami is alluding to here is that externalization of personal empowerment is unnecessary and restricting."

Why do some people have such a hard time admiting someone else is in control. And no, I don't mean god there, although it could also be applicable in that sentence. You do not hold all the answers, nor should you let your ego make all the choices in life based on your own knowledge. That is not to say become a drone slaving to a foriegn power. No. Rather, admit there is something greater then this feeble mind some call 'god'. Admit you are not god, and there will always be times when you need to submit to an 'external power' to gain freedom from restriction.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2551964 - 04/12/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Why do some people have such a hard time admiting someone else is in control.

Why do some people have such a hard time with personal responsibility?
Why do some people have such a hard time understanding what it means to not be dependent upon an external motivator?

--------------------

Anonymous

#2552225 - 04/12/04 08:55 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Admit you are not god, and there will always be times when you need to submit to an 'external power' to gain freedom from restriction.

i'll admit that i am god, we are all god. sumbitting to the external power you are referring to would be to submit to that which you are within your body, the real you, that is a part of god and the direct link to him.(your heart)

my 'belief'

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: ]
    #2552884 - 04/12/04 11:35 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

i also, will admit nothing of the kind.

If there is any GOD he is either Me or else i am a part of him, as we all are. There is nothing truly external, nor internal...
god might not be me per say, but if im to find him anywhere it will be inside me, not out. so in that i must agree with swami.

But.... i wouldnt know judo with out my sensei. i wouldnt know math without mrs. bredam-taylor. i wouldnt know lots of things without the help of neitchze, lao-tzu, buddha, jesus, mom, dad and all my friends.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2552993 - 04/13/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Just got finished reading "Black Hawk Down" for the second time. The author was merely a reporter. It was quite funny to me (but not at all revealing) that he was invited to speak to both upper echelon generals as well as students at West Point about strategy and weaponry and in about confidential (secret) matters though he had no clearance nor military training whatsoever.

HE WAS A FUCKING REPORTER. But because he had written and published a book he was now dubbed by the high powers as AN EXPERT. How often do I here the same story here? "Don't believe me Swami? Read all about it in the 'Celestine Prophecy' or on this website..."

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2553007 - 04/13/04 12:07 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

*ahem*

Swami, if someone does enough research on a subject, that can make them an expert, regardless of actual experience. Especially if those who actually do have actual experience say that his writings sit well with them.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: Frog]
    #2553039 - 04/13/04 12:17 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Reporting the facts behind one battle does not make him a master strategist merely because he knew the players names, dates and thoughts.

Likewise writing a fantasy book such as the "Celestine Prophecy" hardly makes one a master of the mystic.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2553055 - 04/13/04 12:21 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I think you forgot to add: And likewise being called Swami hardly makes me an expert on anything except what I know. Which if realized, takes any debate out of an argument, and intelegent conversation can commence.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2553063 - 04/13/04 12:24 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Reporting the facts behind one battle does not make him a master strategist merely because he knew the players names, dates and thoughts.

Likewise writing a fantasy book such as the "Celestine Prophecy" hardly makes one a master of the mystic.

But he had to have studied the strategies used in the different wars and skirmishes that have gone on in the past. Just because he didn't personally plan each battle doesn't mean that his observations are invalid.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2553080 - 04/13/04 12:29 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Your emotions are getting the better of you. Restabilize before responding. Ok, now please post the exact line where I claimed to be an expert. Thank you.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2553111 - 04/13/04 12:39 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Doesen't everyones emotions get the better of them? Aren't emotions the driving force behind each and every thought we have and percieve? THat been said, I think your emotions are getting the better of you as well :lol: 

"Ok, now please post the exact line where I claimed to be an expert. Thank you.
":::
:::
"Reporting the facts behind one battle does not make him a master strategist merely because he knew the players names, dates and thoughts."
';''';
Are you now the expert on what makes a person a master of any art? You are not from his perspective, therefore your veiwpoint is from a slanted point, a point of 'false' expertise.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2553131 - 04/13/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

The author himself claimed to be shocked at being considered an expert merely for being a reporter. Twas not my opinion. Read the Afterward.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #2553225 - 04/13/04 01:08 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

every post where you deride and challenge those who have beliefs you consider fantasy, you claim you're an expert on reality.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Let my Spirit Guides tell you what it's all about... [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2553300 - 04/13/04 01:42 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I make huge bets on my "version" of reality. Only one person here had the balls to take that bet, lost and reneged, though he is highly respected as some sort of visionary. Take my money and me me a believer in yours, otherwise stop making wild claims. How can I make it any simpler?

So far I have been "promised"

alien visition

an evil spell

a demonstration of telekinesis

a demonstration of telepathy

the planet Niburu

proof of previous lives

a healing

and on and on.

So far what has been delivered is ABSOLUTE ZERO. I make no spurilous claims. Capsiche?

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #2553313 - 04/13/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

so does that mean you'll help out in my experiment posted elsewhere in the SnP?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags