Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Evil Spirits
    #1517183 - 05/03/03 09:47 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A close friend of mine who has been into psychedelics for years, and whom i would have described as very together until recently, was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia about a month ago at the unusual age of 26.
I wont go into detail about the case, but knowing him i would almost swear that the substances have had a lot to do with his current situation.
Interestingly, about two monthes before hand he went to get a reading from a spiritualist/psychic. She knew nothing of their private lives, or their experiences with various psychedelics.
Without warning she said: 'You are both in a hurry to understand the after-life. Its as if you are both gambling with knowledge from something from the afterlife that you both dont quite understand. They could be evil spirits!'
She pointed to my first friend and said ' for you, you take it all with a grain of salt and in time you will learn to be wise.'
Then she turned to my friend who was recentally diagnosed mentally ill: 'but you, the spirits have as good as got you. They know you are ignorant of what they are, and see a way to enter the material world through you. Be very careful and cleanse your life.'
Quite scary when you think about it.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: Evil Spirits [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1517208 - 05/03/03 10:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Do the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, followed by a Rose Cross Ritual. Repeat as necessary. Seriously. Hope everything works out for your friend as I know how hard this can be. Hopeful thoughts go out to you.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Evil Spirits [Re: aeonblue]
    #1517213 - 05/03/03 10:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah - it concerns me that in his situation all the lines between normal life and the 'otherness' get very blurred.

--------------------

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1517739 - 05/03/03 04:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is definately lesson material...

Ever sit near a lit candle, and enjoy the flame? I like to run my finger through the fire... It's like petting the flames.

There's a saying though... Play with fire, and you get burned. I've pushed the limits with the candle sometimes... To see how slow I could go... Eventually, I found the threshold; went beyond it; got burned; learned an important lesson.

This will sound extreme, funny, crazy... Hopefully, it will illustrate my point.

I have learned something while playing with intense heat! I have taken it so far, as to dunking my hand in ice water for a period, and then submerging my hand in a fryer used to fry french fries- but I assure you that I didn't keep it there for long!!!!

When playing with fire, you must first play safe. You need to learn that no matter how much protection you have, you can't hold it forever... And furthermore still... Statistically, the more you play, the more you chance a burning event.

Safety first! ... That goes hand in hand with moderation!

You do not have to fear playing with so called "evil spirits", if you learn the rules of the game.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1517762 - 05/03/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Evil Spirits [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1518614 - 05/04/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, we go and score these spirit guides from the underworld.. funny stuff..

but your post.. that's quite sketchy. Quite creepy indeed. Gives me those crazy shivers reading your post. But, is 26 really a strange time to go schizo? I was under the impression that's usually when it kicks in.

hrmm I just read your post and got those damn shivers again! Brrrr

Anonymous

Re: Evil Spirits [Re: Dogomush]
    #1518621 - 05/04/03 01:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I heard for guys its 20 - 24, and girls its 18 - 22.
Good thread though.
Quote:

That's creepy. It makes you wonder though. In all accounts of ghosts and spirits, they all seem to want to get to the material world. So why I wonder do we equally want to get to theirs?

Damn that really makes you think

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1518631 - 05/04/03 02:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

'Evil' spirits are a part of physical reality..the so called 'lower realms'. The difference is in whether you fear them, and allow them to control you, or have no aversion to them, and see them as a part of evolution, thus showing no fear only love. They enjoy feeding on souls in lower states of consciousness. Only if you let them.

Edited by Shroomism (05/04/03 02:04 AM)

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Evil Spirits [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1518676 - 05/04/03 02:32 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Your Avatar has a nice smile!    :grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Evil Spirits [Re: Dogomush]
    #1518803 - 05/04/03 03:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Around age 26 is when Saturn comes back around.  :grin: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Evil Spirits [Re: Adamist]
    #1533813 - 05/09/03 07:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

''Evil' spirits are a part of physical reality..the so called 'lower realms'. The difference is in whether you fear them, and allow them to control you, or have no aversion to them, and see them as a part of evolution, thus showing no fear only love. They enjoy feeding on souls in lower states of consciousness. Only if you let them. '

How exactly do you know this? Id probably be more inclined to think that if that kind of thing did really exist - and possibly it does - the whole concept of their physical reality and the differentiation between good and evil/lower and upper sounds more like some flimsy human rationalisation - as in:
Hey i see an silver object in the sky - there for it must be physical beings from another planet that look very similar to me and who work under the exact same laws of physics.
With the progress in Quantum physics, and the demonstration of the fact that most of the brane realities that interact with our own having different physical fundamentals, wouldnt you think that kind of humanistic interpretation is too simple?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology