Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJDPhish
Re: THE FUTURE OF THE SHROOMERY!!!
    #19451 - 06/02/00 10:28 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

That is pretty f---ed up. hey psilo_fiend, why don't you keep us posted on what happens to that meth bill. If something like that was passed, it would leave the entire drug community open for the taking.

- JD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
Re: THE FUTURE OF THE SHROOMERY!!! [Re: JDPhish]
    #19452 - 06/03/00 03:18 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

This is messed up. Read this!

Anonymous

#19453 - 06/03/00 03:36 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I doubt it would pass, then again this country is pretty fucked. This is the type of thing that http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html stands against.

------------------
I hold my life as the only evidence to God's existence. For only divine intervention could make my life suck this much.

Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
    #19454 - 06/03/00 03:39 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

COOL

Anonymous

#19455 - 06/03/00 07:55 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

the government is a bunch of whining pussy fagz. i'd own them all. actually. i kinda do. and that'z for the fedz too. own me. werd gz. just another law to break. fun.

Anonymous

#19457 - 06/04/00 01:07 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Howdy, I just read that the bill passed the senate already, and that it is heading to the house judiciary committee. It is called H.R. 2987

Some of the provisions of the bill:

* Makes it illegal to share information about harm reduction and growing hemp. Not only does it criminalize speech, it makes it illegal to link to sites with these types of articles and gives the government power to order websites censored and shut down without due process of law. This gives the DEA and the FBI the right to order ISPs to close down a site without notice to the owner on a judgement call without an order v=from a court.
* H.R. 2987 will allow secret searches. This provision was beaten down before but is trying to come in through the back door again. The government could enter your home or office with a warrant, search or copy files from your computer and not tell you till months later. Another section of this bill removes the responsibility of the government to give an inventory of what was seized as is currently required under the law.
* The bill would also create new federal drug offences and incarcerate a whole new wave of low leval drug offenders, this time for merely expressing themselves. This is a major threat to the first amendment.

Go to the blue ribbon site that theForsakenGentlemen linked to up at the top, they have lot's o' information on the bill and how to stop it. I have contacted Hightimes and the Lyceaum, but if you can think of any other large group that might be able to help, tell them about it. I personally have never tried a drug without fully researching it, and this would have been impossible without the internet. And there are many drugs that I decided not to do because of the things I read on the web. The wired news site said that under this bill, the dare website might be illegal, this may be the only good thing about it! Peace, love , monkeys, and constitutionally protected free speech to all of you!!!

------------------
"see no evil, hear no
evil, speak no evil,
NO!!!" ---those three
paint-sniffin' monkeys

[This message has been edited by psilo_feind (edited June 04, 2000).]

Anonymous

#19458 - 06/04/00 03:45 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

this is BULLLLSHIT!

Anonymous

#19459 - 06/04/00 02:29 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

personally, what I think we should do if the bill gets passed, is print out flyers on how to make meth, and hand them out on the street to children and old people and cops and midgets.

------------------
"see no evil, hear no
evil, speak no evil,
NO!!!" ---those three
paint-sniffin' monk

Anonymous

#19460 - 06/04/00 06:22 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I've been bitching abou this for over 8 minth but every body here is to dam apathetic!

Anonymous

#19461 - 06/05/00 12:56 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Neophite, if you know anything about this bill that i haven't mentioned here, tell us, please. I have been trying to contact as many people as I can, but I can't seem to get anywhere. I have boon looking for the e-mail addresses of senators and such, b ut have found nothing, please reply.

------------------
"see no evil, hear no
evil, speak no evil,
NO!!!" ---those three
paint-sniffin' monkeys

[This message has been edited by psilo_feind (edited June 05, 2000).]

Anonymous

#19462 - 06/05/00 01:12 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Thats gay. That's censorship that is against are constituional right allowing freedom of speech.

The government is breaking the law by trying to pass this bill I think. They're breaking are constituional right, but we can't do shit about it, cause they own us. Shows what a free country the USA has turned out to be.

And since when did the USA/FBI/whatever own the internet? They make a couple laws on it, and next thing you know they think they own it. WTF is this? They think that they have the right to seize anything they want and make it ther own... Fuck EM!

------------------
Watch out boyz 'n girlz, 4 I B eatin your squirelz!!!!

Anonymous

#19463 - 06/05/00 01:17 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

There was a big deal here a couple months ago on this. A couple of people wrote up pre made letters to e-mail to your rep. and i sent mine one. About a month later i got a letter from him saying that he is glad that i pointed this out to him. He said that he shared my concerns on this and that the ferderal funds should not be used for such inappropiate uses. So i guess we got one rep. on our side!!!

Anonymous

#19464 - 06/05/00 09:18 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

H.R. 2987 is not a valid bill number.
you can search at... www.house.gov and www.senate.gov

Anonymous

#19465 - 06/05/00 09:22 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

opps. I must have typed it in wrong. It's there, but the text of the bill isn't
entered into the computer yet.

Anonymous

#19466 - 06/05/00 11:10 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

then entirety of the bill is located at thomas.loc.gov

------------------
"see no evil, hear no
evil, speak no evil,
NO!!!" ---those three
paint-sniffin' monkeys

[This message has been edited by psilo_feind (edited June 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#19467 - 06/06/00 11:15 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Well, friends, let's not just talk about it. Let's do something. This link http://www.aclu.org/action/meth106.html will take you to site the ACLU has set up for contacting your local representative and congressman. They have it all set up in a ready made message that will be faxed and/or emailed to your representative. I know it is fun to hang around the Shroomery under a false name and play Secret Squirrel, but when that harmless fantasy comes under attack by our own government, it is time to stand up and be counted. I sent the letter. My wife sent the letter. I hope all of you who are of age and interested in keeping your freedom and this community alive will send the letter. http://www.aclu.org/action/meth106.html

Cliff Whitaker
Citizen of The United States of The Apocalypse.

------------------
"It never got weird enough for me."

Anonymous

#19468 - 06/06/00 03:19 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I would not ask the aclu for support. They are basically a front for the democratic party. If you want non partisan help contact your representatives.

Anonymous

#19469 - 06/06/00 04:16 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

516 is exactly right. contact your representatives, not the ACLU!

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #19470 - 06/07/00 06:59 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

republicans, democrats.
same shit, different piles.

the aclu are rigteous folks.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineFonz
enthusiast
    #19471 - 06/07/00 04:03 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone got an update?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag