Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Thor]
    #1252503 - 01/27/03 07:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think we should have the other drug section so the crack heads, heroin addicts,etc can talk about that shit in there own section while the rest be dedicated to mushrooms.

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1252556 - 01/27/03 07:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: psilocyber]
    #1252598 - 01/27/03 07:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i believe that the other drugs forum MUST exist! i have received a lot of help from there and of course i also gave help to people there. I know that it atrracts the cops but such a forum can save a lot of people of doing mistakes which can even lead them to death!
if there wasnt this forum i would have done a lot of very big wrong actions when i was an every-drug-that-exists user. This season is over for me but i still want to help people there.

Kykeon: anno can even talk to you about science in greek :tongue:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1252602 - 01/27/03 07:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That was excellently put :smile:

I'm stickying this thread again  :grin:

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Thor]
    #1253381 - 01/27/03 11:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1253762 - 01/27/03 01:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

wow other drugs is gone. I am really disapointed. I find myself sadly becoming less atracted to these forums every day...

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: baraka]
    #1253953 - 01/27/03 03:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

baraka, remain calm, and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! :grin:

Xone, Thor posted this thread in the OD and the OTD as well. However, this forum, is the very raison d?etre of this board! :cool:

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1254052 - 01/27/03 03:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What a long winded, unprovable post.

How do you know other substances won't "wake people up?"

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Papaver]
    #1254060 - 01/27/03 03:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have to agree with baraka. It's a secondary forum - please fucking remove any forum not directly pertaining to mushrooms.
Also, track down the guy who was talked through a potentially dreadful datura encounter.
The existence of the OD forum simply allowed a venue to discuss, much as a coffeeshop would, and no one whines about motherfucking coffeeshops being about "only coffee". The ignorance in this thread is as bad as any stupid e-tard rambling about how his magic beans made him roll so fkn hard, d00d.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

#1254066 - 01/27/03 03:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, blackmail works wonders.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: valour]
    #1254310 - 01/28/03 04:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

How do you know other substances won't "wake people up?"

he probably refers to those substances that tear up or loosen completely the nervous system.

anywayz, i think it was a GOOD SURPRISE to me to see today that OD is out of Shroomery. I have posted many times, that Shroomery comes from 'Shrooms' and not from 'Drugs'. I dont do drugs, i do entheogens. There is no reason to jeopardize the whole community, doing things that are - at least - too risky.

INTERNET IS FREE. i suppose those who love taking medicines from drugstores and combine them with liquor or whatever are free to do so. no problem to me. but there is no reason to discuss it in here. thank god, we are full of forums.

:smile: cool. 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Magash]
    #1254333 - 01/28/03 04:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Etheobotanical Garden

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: kykeon]
    #1254644 - 01/28/03 06:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I have to agree with baraka. It's a secondary forum - please fucking remove any forum not directly pertaining to mushrooms.
Also, track down the guy who was talked through a potentially dreadful datura encounter.
The existence of the OD forum simply allowed a venue to discuss, much as a coffeeshop would, and no one whines about motherfucking coffeeshops being about "only coffee". The ignorance in this thread is as bad as any stupid e-tard rambling about how his magic beans made him roll so fkn hard, d00d.

That kinda sums up my feelings.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1255344 - 01/28/03 10:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Psilocyber:

You bring up very valid and good points. However I think with a strict set of guidelines, proper care, and mods willing to enforce and actively participate in ensuring the quality of the OD - that it is an extremely valuable place in our community and anywhere on the net.

You referenced Erowid, but do you realize that there are quite a few pages on their site that are out of date and representing mis-information (usually in regards to drug law, but not always)? I would volunteer to take it upon myself to help clean up the OD and make it a formal and informational forum with very strict rules. It can help more than it can harm by far.

Since I've already voiced my position quite in depth to the administration, I will end my rant here. Just realize that the OD need not be a concern for liability if it is handled correctly.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Papaver]
    #1256667 - 01/28/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Loc: Norway
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: ]
    #1257063 - 01/28/03 10:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I tink that the OD forum has only been to the shroomery's benefit. The Shroomery lays more weight on the mushroom culture, but its nice to have a place you can go to ask questions about other drugs or talk about other drugs. Alot of people that eat shrooms DO take other drugs aswell, and having a place to talk about them is alot better than squeezing it out. It will only lead to people talking about other drugs in other forums. Even though there is an Other Drugs forum it does not incourage the use of other drugs. I vote FOR the OD forum.

--------------------
Dont take drugs to get fucked up, take psychedelics to learn...

InvisibleSubGen1us

#1257637 - 01/29/03 05:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thats wat ive been Using General Questions for. Id keep it that way to make this site look more genuine towards MC. Instead of a druggy site.
I voted no

--------------------

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #1258223 - 01/29/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If people are going to experiment with some of the drugs discussed in the OD forum after receiving respective advice, then a very weighty responsibility falls on the mod's to make sure guidance isn't given out of ignorance, if not sheer idiocy. Not only is the legality problematic, but the ethical issues are classically huge: there should be sites battling the misinformation inherent in the discussion of these drugs, any discussion is promotional, often there is no yes/no, wrong/right answer, etc. Is the shroomery able to channel the concerted effort required to run what is essentially a drug hotline? Does the shroomery attract, by its nature, people who are more likely to experiment and/or use/abuse other drugs?

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Edited by Che_Night_Soil (01/29/03 09:02 AM)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #1258295 - 01/29/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If people are going to experiment with some of the drugs discussed in the OD forum after receiving respective advice, then a very weighty responsibility falls on the mod's to make sure guidance isn't given out of ignorance, if not sheer idiocy. Not only is the legality problematic, but the ethical issues are classically huge: there should be sites battling the misinformation inherent in the discussion of these drugs, any discussion is promotional, often there is no yes/no, wrong/right answer, etc. Is the shroomery able to channel the concerted effort required to run what is essentially a drug hotline? Does the shroomery attract, by its nature, people who are more likely to experiment and/or use/abuse other drugs?     

nonsense. the shroomery is not responsible for vetting the accuracy of posts by non-shroomery representatives. you could as easily say that the mods must jump in now if i say 'putting your head in the oven to breathe gas gets you high'. this place has a disclaimer, and we are each responsible for our own actions. removing the OD forum clears bandwidth, and there still remain the 'general questions' and 'entheogenic garden' departments.

i believe this has been an excellent post with some very well made points on both sides.... but this is now a moot academic argument, as the forum is gone. hopefully the chatroom will start back up, and this site will concentrate, as its name suggests, on fungi.

organic = good
synthetic = bad
:tongue: 

--------------------
buh

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Should the Shroomery have an Other Drugs Forum? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1259214 - 01/29/03 01:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My first feeling was let the OD exist, b/c it can provide valuable info about other drugs.
The fact is that i read and post in that forum for quite some time now and i never used any form of opiate or benzodiazepine. It all rests on the viewer and not on the forum itself.
That forum doesn't cause people to engage in stupid drug behaviour. At least people who are reasonable enough to not blindly believe everything is said on the internet, especially on forums where no one has control on whatever info is given.

Now i'm more reluctant b/c i like this place very much and don't want it to suffer legal consequences for whatever information is spread on that forum.
Besides that, my interest on this site are psychedelics in general (not only shroom growing) and it is true that that forum had a bit too much talk about strong dangerous and addictive drugs for my liking.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have not made my mind yet, nor i think i will think about it too much anymore. I'm glad it's not me who has to take the decision...

Quote:

organic = good
synthetic = bad

This is not true IMHO.

I don't believe, for example, that using opium is safer than using LSD.

There are dangerous organic drugs.
And 'relatively safe' synthetic drugs (not many, though...).   

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom