Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: Rafiikii]
    #19116987 -

OH no I was just pointing out that he (and I too) thought they were, before seeing the fresh photos, so why proclaim that you wouldn't have thought Psilocybe?  seemed odd to immediately pretend like oh no I never would have said that...hahah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: jet li]
    #19116993 -

I bet it's that he stifled a sound doubt.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117003 -

I definitely wanna keep this hobby going. I just don't really know where to get properly educated about this stuff. Sure I can read a book and make logical guesses, but I want to take classes and such, because I dont want my knowledge of mushrooms to be soley on psychoactive species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117006 -

Ok ok.  I'm not trying to be a dick.  BUt "they are Pislocybe" doesn't follow with "oh thanks arock,  shwew i almost ate those harmless stropharia, but you stopped me"  haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117011 -

These are actually way cooler than Psilocybes.



Psilocyborgg said:
it's just weird, I've read that all stropharia's have remnants of a veil and an annulus and these didnt. I'm gonna toss them I think. Too controversial




NONONONONONONONONONONO.  -- E. Vellinga

These are rare!  Don't throw them away!

Did you find them in grass?

canid said:
I bet it's that he stifled a sound doubt.



Yes they looked pretty odd, but I didn't say anything about it...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: Psilocyborgg]
    #19117014 -

You can take classes [seminars, informal talks, forays, etc] at some colleges or by joining a mycological society, or merely attending their events.

Whether or not you take classes though does not determine whether you learn only about psychoactive mushrooms, edible mushrooms or mushrooms in general except there that is sometimes the focus of the given event/class.

Even here, we are very broadly focused, and you will find many people well versed in every facet of the study of mushrooms.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #19117026 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
These are actually way cooler than Psilocybes.



Psilocyborgg said:
it's just weird, I've read that all stropharia's have remnants of a veil and an annulus and these didnt. I'm gonna toss them I think. Too controversial




NONONONONONONONONONONO.  -- E. Vellinga

These are rare!  Don't throw them away!

Did you find them in grass?

canid said:
I bet it's that he stifled a sound doubt.



Yes they looked pretty odd, but I didn't say anything about it...



Yes I found them in grass/sod. I still have them, and will keep them. PM me if you'd like and I could give them to you lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #19117041 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Yes they looked pretty odd, but I didn't say anything about it...



I'm right with you, there.  I actually didn't like the prominent nipple, and other slight differences, like the colors, but still thought Psilocybe, and not pretending like I never thought it.  Just kinda strange, and then canid basically cupping your balls by saying that you voiced a strong doubt.  psshhh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: jet li]
    #19117059 -

jet li said:
yeah they might have such a slight remnant that it's almost unnoticable even in the fresh ones.



sorry.  I should have quoted what I was responding to, regarding Stropharia having veil remnants, but wasn't agreeing that they are Psilocybe.  After seeing the fresh specimens, there no doubt they are Blue Stropharia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117060 -

canid said:
And who's the man? Canid is.

Stropharia.




:bow:


:sunspots:


--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: jet li]
    #19117075 -

jet li said:
Just kinda strange, and then canid basically cupping your balls by saying that you voiced a strong doubt.  psshhh.



I'm confused because of how I demonstrably said something completely other than that.

I know I fuck up a bit from time to time too though, and I don't mind trying to have an understanding of where, how and why. Doesn't that help all of us?


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117087 -

I do not know this "cupping your balls" expression.

Please, explain.


--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117089 -

I agree, yeah it isn't really a fuckup anyways.  Oh well.  Don't worry about it, just thought it was funny that arock pretended like they are psilocybe wouldn't have happened.  just a strange sense of jacking off arock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: jet li]
    #19117096 -

Should I perform some crude metaphorical sexual act to appease you too then?

:laugh:


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117108 -

no i am not bothered by the fact that I thought dried Stropharia were cyans, and I'm totally impressed with your ability to speak your doubts instead of tucking them away. (and no that is not a sexual metaphor lolol)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: jet li]
    #19117119 -

hahaha.

Honestly though; If I'm to be chided at all, it should be for stroking my own ego. Also; I'm drinking some pretty good beer and this is all a great deal more amusing than it probably actually is.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117122 -

Yeah it really is more amusing than it really would be, but still in moment I laughed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: canid]
    #19117129 -

Thank you again everyone for helping me out with these mushrooms. It's awesome to know there is a whole community willing to help!. I'm going hunting again tomorrow, and I will put up some pictures of some real actives :0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: jet li]
    #19117147 -

I just can't seem to find a single comment where the actions implied by Jet Li took place :shrug:


Whatcha drinking canid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens, Stuntzii, or Ovoideocystidiata [Re: Psilocyborgg]
    #19117149 -

arock wants your stropharia, though.  isn't that awesome?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* English Psilocybe cyanescens - new find / pics
( 1 2 3 all )
pluteus 22,843 42 12/05/03 01:11 PM
by Silverwolf
* First time hunting - need help identifying (Psilocybe cyanescens maybe???) Danielll 6,476 6 05/03/05 11:50 PM
by Beentothere
* cyans?
( 1 2 all )
TrippeeChik 10,508 24 02/21/13 08:49 AM
by SheikCorp
* Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 all )
IpomoeaViolacea 11,653 30 01/22/17 07:26 PM
by Sleazyshroomer
* Look-a-like Psilocybe cyanescens (pics) oO_wombat_Oo 9,785 4 06/10/01 11:22 PM
by mjshroomer
* can someone tell me if PSILOCYBE CYANESCENE....... johnH 5,264 18 01/15/03 09:06 AM
by @cro
* Psilocybe cyanescens in Ireland ?? Flippy 2,101 1 11/04/04 09:16 AM
by spores
* Psilocybe cyanescens: Official Fall 2004 Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 28 29 )
Gumby 108,418 577 12/08/14 02:56 PM
by TheShroomNinja

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
3,285 topic views. 0 members, 16 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.