Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: English Psilocybe cyanescens - new find / pics [Re: ]
    #2160516 - 12/05/03 03:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Or a Fungal infection?(see British Indigenous)

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: English Psilocybe cyanescens - new find / pics [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2160605 - 12/05/03 05:07 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My understanding was that it was commonly suggested that Ps.cyanescens was european in origin - but the fact that Ps.cyanescens from europe has no pluerocystidia, yet the US continental Ps.cyanescens does have these indicates that these could be quite different entities - certainly different type expressions.
Im hoping Pluteus will include the cyanescens specimens from the UK when he studies the subaeruginosa variants i have forwarded him - along with some azurescens and cyanescens cultivars.
Stropharia (Hypholoma?) aurantiaca is an interesting example - it is the most common woodloving mushroom anywhere in southern Australia - everywhere there is wood mulch, these guys are present - and often in concert with subaeruginosa and allies. Ofcourse these species is mildly poisonous - friends of mine who were picking in the dark for some strange reason pciked a few and ate them - got quite bad stomach pains, aches and diaherra. Sometimes drunken people learn the ahrd way - but it could have been worse - there are galerina here as well.
Pluteus' point that this is an introduced species would suggest the possiblity of cyanescens being a thriving import.
Buchanan and many mycologists tend to believe that subaeruginosa is an expression of Ps.cyanescens imported as mycelia on plant material - and they are quite similar - some variants of subaeruginosa are almost identical to cyanescens - Guzman even got it wrong originally according to reports before be got his microscope out and delineated on a whim.

Lonewolf - if it has been archaeologically contended that druidism utilised a type of psychoactive plant, is there any evidence that this would or could be a mushroom? My understanding is that mushrooms like Ps.semilanceata and Panaeolus subbalt. have been associated with modern versions of mainland european paganism - but the missing point here is that the majority of mainland european pre-christian religions were not druidic, but expressions of Nordic/norman beliefs - the god Wotan substituted for Odin, etc. These are quite at odd with the druidic type themes present in these modern pagan groups.

I love Terence McKenna, but most of his archaeological theories regarding mushroom cults and the partnership ideology of a mushroom worshipping neolithic are based on pretty flimsy evidence - but so is much of archaeology from that period.

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (12/05/03 05:08 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: English Psilocybe cyanescens - new find / pics [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2161595 - 12/05/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I hope you don't feel that I'm proseyltising for human sacrifice here!I hope I'm doing quite the contrary.Unfortunately the words "druid" and "celt" get bandied around,and sometimes "bannered" around-if you know what I mean-"willee nillee",paleolithicum and the megalithic "Brethonic" civilisation should not partake in the debate on human sacrifice,in my house at least,without further evidence that it was practised."Druids"-those who have the wisdom of the trees-clearly existed,in "linguistic terms" well, before the inhabitants of these isles developed the ability to smelt iron.  :alert:

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Lonewolf (12/05/03 01:57 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract