Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting?
    #19021691 -

I'm not a Hindu (that I know of :lol:) and definitely not looking to push their beliefs on people, but recently I started getting into bhajans, devotional music. It's like ancient dubstep or something. Very good vibes.

I also remember Ram Dass talking about his first mentor and travel companion dude, who did a lot of devotional singing every day, which imparted a very smooth carefree kind of vibe to his life.

Anybody down with this group singing experience? Perhaps more involved Hindus, Hare Krishnas or anything of the sort? Any nice ashram people in the house? :lol:



Sorry if I mixed up faiths and denominations, as I said I don't belong, I just like the music.


--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.



For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19021749 -

They aren't brown :hissyfit:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Yogi1]
    #19022026 -

The drum chick is a bit off-white. Just use your imagination for the rest.


--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.



For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19022743 -

But for realz, this music is awesome. I got myself about 2 gigs of awesome devotional songs, the Bhagavad Gita in audio form, and today I noticed among the song files are also commentaries from the Vedas, all manner of words of wisdom, placed on soothing chill music.

Having listened to the principles of selfless action, doing what one's nature is inclined to do, without want of result or praise, today I found myself painting more, premixing paints, priming walls, getting stuff done, with a sense of meaning and belonging to something greater than myself and alive, positive, a sense that I usually cannot find outside of trips or girls' embraces.

Not sure how long it will last, but for today, at least for a few hours,I found it. Good vibes everyone :biggrin:


--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.



For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19023043 -

It's you.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19023100 -

I want it! Have you got a link or the name of an album?


--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: viktor]
    #19023451 -

viktor said:
I want it! Have you got a link or the name of an album?



Yeah mate, what I got through various means is called Art of Living - Bhajans. It's 2.27 GB. I'm sure you can figure it out :captain:

I can't find that exact stuff on youtube, although there are videos with a similar name.

Here's a couple though:




:dancer:  Enjoy :dancer:
:brainondrugs:


--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.



For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19024028 -

Awesome :thumbup: cheers mate.


--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19025840 -

Very cool! Love music like this! Shpongle incorporates a lot of similar musical themes in their songs, which is one reason why I love their music. :shpongle: Same with The Beatles. The sitar is probably my favorite musical instrument, next to the electric guitar, of course.







--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19027047 -

LOVE Hindu songs. I love kirtan. In fact I'm going to a kirtan in LA on Saturday night.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #19027071 -

I was just chanting Hare Krishna, it is uplifting and spiritually cleansing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19028529 -



--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #19028580 -

I LOVE that album Markos. I love it so much that I gave my copy away to a friend when she was having hard times. I hoped it would help.

I'm gonna go see this guy on Saturday night


I also REALLY like Sruti Ram and Ishwari


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #19030329 -

More links please :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #19030435 -

Bear with the minute 45 second interview, and listen to Stephen Mikes and his lady. He is on WLRN Miami here. I've been running into him for over 20 years in Miami, playing at Indian restaurants originally, and at craft fairs.The last time I saw him, he was on stage playing with the late, great Ravi Shankar. We had 3rd row seats. I have his Daytime Ragas, Evening Ragas, and a CD of his called A Sitar Christmas, which are traditional Christmas songs played on sitar. I have watched his work ripen over the last 20 years, and though I no nothing about Indian music other than what I like to hear, but he is really becoming good. I often listen to his ragas when reading. It is true, the evening ragas are more energetic, to compensate for the energy of the sun dissipating, and the daytime ragas have the opposite effect of chilling one out.







Perhaps you might like Sheila Chandra if you're not familiar with her. Lovely voice. She helped me ground a friend, somewhat older than I am during a difficulty he developed on an Entheogenic Excursion. We don't have this particular album, but it is sampling.



--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (10/25/13 10:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Chronic7]
    #19032750 -

Stephan Mikes is :thumbup:

1
The Chronic said:
More links please :smile:



There you go mate, happy times session of the day:



--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.



For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Spacerific]
    #19045587 -
Log in to view attachment

My synthesizer kicks ass on that lame harmonium.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #19045607 -

Damn OC, nice healthy looking grow there :drooling:

Thanks for extra links markos & spacerific :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it me or are Hindu devotional songs awesomely uplifting? [Re: Chronic7]
    #19045641 -

"And If you see my reflection in the snow covered colas..."


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hindu Prophecy from the Bhagavad Gita, Puranas blaze2 5,052 11 04/13/07 04:43 AM
by eve69
* Which songs make you recollect God? Unagipie 1,979 12 10/18/05 08:48 PM
by alarmist
* Saul Williams (from the album Blazing Arrow by Blackalicious) MJF 1,802 10 10/19/05 02:43 PM
by MJF
* Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Blastrid 34,896 107 12/08/16 01:45 AM
by Fractaliopsybe
* Favorite Prayer or Other Daily Devotion? FungusMan 1,983 5 02/21/06 06:17 AM
by eve69
* Jesus definately smoked weed, and so did the jewish priests
( 1 2 all )
blaze2 11,312 39 02/01/06 08:32 PM
by MAIA
* The Next Christianity spud 5,880 16 01/30/06 03:54 PM
by Gliders
* Heaven is coming to earth *the sequel*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
zorbman 184,495 1,020 03/15/18 06:53 PM
by BrendanFlock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
1,641 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.