Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #17890086 -

nope, i don't live with a bathroom tiled kitchen. :lol: (wtf is up with that?)

it's actually supposed to be a picture... like, a painting, i mean.

an extremely realistic painting. some shit about illusion and everything and the kitchen sink, kinda allusions, is why i have it there. i'm trippy like that.

sVs said:
Finally.

Like you're ever going to stick to your word and leave. :rolleyes:



oh snap.

sVs said:
If so, he needs to stop posting and go do his goddamn dishes.



this is the metaphor. good eyes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #17890115 -

I've seen tiled backsplashes in kitchens before.  :shrug: 

I'm gonna watch a movie made by a guy named Jean Vigo.  IN THE NAME OF THE PROJECT.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #17890127 -

It is truly an eloquent yet subtle statement on the artist's state of mind.
:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: something super extreme]
    #17890137 -

Burke Dennings said:
I've seen tiled backsplashes in kitchens before.  :shrug: 

I'm gonna watch a movie made by a guy named Jean Vigo.  IN THE NAME OF THE PROJECT.



really? it looks weird as fuck... oh well.

and Jean Vigo, eh? :canadian:

so is it Zero for Conduct or L'Atalante?

sVs said:
It is truly an eloquent yet subtle statement on the artist's state of mind.
:thumbup:



that's why it's there. i thought it was awesome. i'm surprised you got that all, only considering people ask me about enough, but no one was able to tell me what it meant. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #17890150 -

Damn man.  Fucking spot on.  :highfive:

I have both of them at the moment, but I was thinking of watching  L'Atalante. 

You should get the book I've based this project on, you've probably seen 2/3 of it already.  Anyway, I'm out for now.  Fun posting with you guys in this one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #17890168 -

Zero for Conduct is pretty funny. i'd recommend it. :super: anarchism and anti-patriarchal indignation, FTW. kids will always fuckin' win. though L'Atalante is alot more... "filmy". lots of cool shots and it's very... very odd.

later, duuuuude.

PS: thread; i love how Canada sent troops in almost every  "big" war since it's inception, and help in huge ways in war efforts; and especially peace keeping efforts.

Edited by akira_akuma (03/02/13 02:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #17890880 -

Burke Dennings said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF OP GOT INTO THE ARMY?



:yesnod: He enlisted, served one tour in Afghanistan, 2 tours in North Korea:kimjong:, was honorably discharged, got married, had 2 kids, and then logged on the Shroomery to catch the last hundred or so posts in this thread... ...:guns: . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: vinsue]
    #17890920 -

Brother Shins!  The bigger man.  With an apology and righteousness. :bow:


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: mpd]
    #17891297 -

99% of these replies are super ignorant, ive been in the military for a few years, i dont like it at all really, but ive never dug a litrine or seen someones feet seperatedfrom their body due to an i.e.d., and im a hospital corpsman, my point being just choose wisely, itll most likely be shitty regardless but if youre burnt out like i was when i joined its a good option, between using tuition assistancewhile youre in and the g i bill when you get out, steady pay and extra for housing and food you can get your times worth if youre mature enough and can deal with a lot of micro managing and people that never make sense, all in all dont hope to enjoy it, although a lot of it is fun, i was stationed on a beautiful tropical island (not hawaii) for 2 years and now im in the southeast us, join the navy or air force if you want to chill , join the army or marines if you want to feel like youre important and be a grunt and deal with stupid assholes


--------------------
"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
-Isaac Asimov

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: maxplanck]
    #17891302 -

But if you can stick through college comfortably i would most definitely do so


--------------------
"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
-Isaac Asimov

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Luc1d]
    #17892922 -

This what ya'll did on Friday night?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17892936 -

Fuck yeah. :highfive:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #17898788 -

thanks for derailing this entire thread jackasses :facepalm:


wasnt able to sort much relevant advice out of all the bullshit :rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Luc1d]
    #17898812 -

Page one had your answer.:shrug: All of that :drama: is what the Pub has turned into lately. Follow your heart, your head, and your wallet...:shrug: . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Luc1d]
    #17898946 -

Luc1d said:
thanks for derailing this entire thread jackasses :facepalm:


wasnt able to sort much relevant advice out of all the bullshit :rolleyes:




yeah sorry about that i got carried away :facepalm:


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I join the military? [Re: Shins]
    #17899208 -

Mea culpa.  :facepalm:


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Army says i cant join
( 1 2 all )
Jalruza 3,543 35 05/21/06 05:02 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* To Join or Not to Join. US Air Force
( 1 2 all )
Helge 2,714 35 04/24/06 08:56 PM
by PurpleKush
* I'm joining the Navy?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
swm 7,344 79 02/19/05 03:18 PM
by lemon_lw
* Joining the Marines
( 1 2 all )
Eightball 2,368 33 10/27/05 01:08 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* joining the military
( 1 2 all )
ninjacory 2,172 31 01/18/07 05:34 PM
by Banez
* Joined the Army
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DoorsFan 4,534 69 11/07/07 06:47 AM
by Psilobuds
* Anybody here have experience in the military? RandalFlagg 1,188 16 09/06/07 11:14 AM
by Newbie
* My brother might go into the military
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 5,778 51 04/25/08 08:19 PM
by AScannerDarkly

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
13,429 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.