Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: joining the military [Re: Banez]
    #6472967 -

I think your a fucking moron, as I've told you before on numerous occasions.

But I hope you dont get shot.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6472977 -

Madtowntripper said:
I think your a fucking moron, as I've told you before on numerous occasions.

But I hope you dont get shot.



wait, think im a moron for joining or just a moron in general? :confused:


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Banez]
    #6472990 -

Well, you say some pretty dumb stuff, but joining the military more or less erases any doubts I may have had.

I just dont see reason to do it. There's nothing you can get out of it that you couldnt get by other means that DONT involve the wholesale killing of innocent people. Unless your doing it for some juvenile "Hail to the Chief" sense of patriotic duty, in which case your likely beyond help anyway.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6472995 -

hmm, are you one of those poeple who thinks everyone in the army carries a gun?

you are sadly mistaken.

i clock in 9am-5pm.. monday through friday and sit at a desk.. and do payroll.. and its considered a government job.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Banez]
    #6473010 -

Banez said:
I am joining the US Army here in the next 3-6 weeks... i know its not something many shroomery members think highly of, but i dont really need validation them from..

its something i want to do, and im sticking to it. :smile:



i had a friend join for pretty much the same reason. he wanted to prove himself, he wasn't going anywhere with his life, he needed direction...now he has horrible nightmares all the time, had to kill an innocent man, and is trying desperately to get out of the military without an honorable discharge. if he can't get out with honorable discharge he said he'd take the dishonorable, because he's never going back to iraq.

but good luck to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Banez]
    #6473016 -

Dude, you cant find a better job?

I mean, c'mon.

I did the same thing when I was a kid. I was in the army for a few months when I was *17* before we both came to the realization that it was not going to work.

Now I've put myself through school and have a degree that I can actually use, unlike any of your military training.

I know you've been thinking and talking about doing it for awhile, and I think we've even had this conversation before and I'm not going to change your mind. I'm just saying, I dont see the logic behind it. It makes absolutely zero sense to me.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6473035 -

im a bit older than you were when you enlisted.. im not sure your motivation for going in.. sounds like you wanted the quick financial stability..

im 19, and as you said, i plan to make a career out of it..

all i ask for, is that when i leave.. whether you agree with it or not.. that you'll support me, and atleast wish that i stay out of harms way.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Banez]
    #6473058 -

I'm just wondering, whats your rationalization for joining?

I mean, what are you getting out of this that you wouldnt get out of a real job?

Why would you do it? Are you patriotic? Do you love the US? I mean...What?


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: ninjacory]
    #6474019 -

Joining the US military is a joke. This country hasn't fought a defensive war in over 50 years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Banez]
    #6474051 -

Dont do it man. Work in a fruit and veg shop or somehting.


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: mr_kite]
    #6474116 -

DON'T DO IT MAN
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
SHAVE YOUR ASS HAIR!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: joining the military [Re: Rahie]
    #6474142 -

im getting discipline that I need, Im getting to travel the world, im getting all the health and financial benefits of working for the government, and then im getting all of my college education payed for..

im getting my housing and groceries payed for while i serve..

its just a job thats a good fit for me.
no1 can talk me out of it.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm joining the Navy?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
swm 7,344 79 02/19/05 03:18 PM
by lemon_lw
* My brother might go into the military
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 5,778 51 04/25/08 08:19 PM
by AScannerDarkly
* Military Service Experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 6,071 56 02/28/05 11:37 AM
by California
* When i was in the military
( 1 2 3 all )
Todcasil 2,255 43 08/20/05 09:20 AM
by Prisoner#1
* The military RandalFlagg 1,554 16 04/23/05 03:26 PM
by looner2
* I joined the Army.
( 1 2 3 all )
swm 4,644 52 12/22/05 02:58 AM
by downforpot
* join the i am so fucking hung over club! (no loud noises)
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 3,342 21 01/01/05 10:00 PM
by Skunk420
* Joining Clean Vibes
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 1,782 30 04/05/09 04:17 AM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,172 topic views. 5 members, 2 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.