Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
soul evolution
    #1750987 - 07/26/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you are the product of the karma of your soul. the dispositions, aptitudes and attributes that you were born with serve the learning of your soul. is your soul learn the lessons that it must learn to balance its energy,those characteristics become unnecessary, and are replaced by others. this is how you grow. as you come to realize,for example, that anger leads nowhere, your anger begins to dissappear and you move into a more intigrated and mature orientation toward your experiences. what once angered you now brings forth different experiences.
until you become aware of the effects of your anger, you continue to be in angry person. if you dont reach this awareness by your the time you return home,soul will continue this lesson through the experiences of another lifetime. it will incarnate in other personality with the aspects that are similar to your own. what is not learned in each lifetime is carried over into other lifetimes, along with new lessons that arise for the soul to learn, new karmic obligations that result from the responses of its personality to the situations that it encounters. the lessons that the soul has learned also are brought forward into other lifetimes, and this is how the soul evolves. personalities mature in time, and the soul matures in eternity.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: soul evolution [Re: CleverName]
    #1751152 - 07/26/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you should mass produce that into pamphlet form. Those are some original ideas. Kinda silly to have faith in that kinda thing because there's no way to prove that and there's no reason to believe it other than the buddhist industry (ie. dalai lama) tells us so.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: soul evolution [Re: Dogomush]
    #1751231 - 07/26/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What are you focusing on, reincarnation or evoultion? The concept he is expressing is quite effective in your life, rather or not you believe in it occuring over multiple lifetimes (I believe in it, but not by finding it through Buddhist belief). The elimination of anger and security issues has profound, positive effects on your life in THIS LIFETIME, regardless.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: soul evolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1751491 - 07/26/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

karmic obligations are a bitch.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1751591 - 07/26/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Excellent post  :thumbup:

Dogomush.. the only thing you need have faith in is the Universal Law of action and reaction. THAT is karma. It exists in every aspect of everything, it is what creates learning, aka growth, aka evolution. 

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1752170 - 07/27/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Buddha himself actually taught that there is no immortal human soul, there are only temporary beings composed of five "skandhas", which are: material body, sensations, perceptions, intentions, and consciousness.

Karma causes the skandhas to be reincarnated, but each one is reincarnated separately. Personally I think it's a little more complicated, but it works as a rough model.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: soul evolution [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1753000 - 07/27/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, buddha was probably manic depressive (not that a modern psychological label discredits him). I mean....he is some rich prince who walks out into the world, sees an old man and comes to the conclusion that "all life is suffering".

craaaazy. He gets 10 points for originality though with his "illusion of the self" idea. Him and Descartes should fist fight.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineCleverName

Re: soul evolution [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1753180 - 07/27/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes, but buddism also teaches that suffering has cause, and the cessation of suffering. i think the underlying principle of this teaching is the universal principle of causality. what becomes important in the understnding of this basic teaching is a genuine awareness of ones own potentials and the need to utilize them to their fullest. seen in this light, every human action becomes significant.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineCleverName

#1753201 - 07/27/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sorry, i'll make no pamphlets. i speak from my own experience, i feel that no one has the right to impose his or her beliefs on another person. i will not propse to you that my way is best. the decision is up to you. if you find some point which may be suitable for you,then carry out experiments for yourself. if you find that it is of no use,then you can discard it.

--------------------

this is the purpose

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies