Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Mystics as villains [Re: MotherNaturesSon]
    #17244346 -

Sounds like you were practicing personal psychology imo.  In other words your achievements are all within the realm of psychological growth.  Which is great.  I've had many myself. I think to some degree everyone has. Unless you're from Kentucky.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mystics as villains [Re: Icelander]
    #17244430 -

You're right. It is a form of personal psychology, very accurate. But being the artistic and spiritually inclined person that I am (not trying to push those things on others) I find it easier to affect myself when everything is clad in this mystical shroud; symbols, dancing, meditation, chanting, mind-gazing and whatnot are the things that give the greatest direct results for me in my personal form of psychology. Some might enjoy fiddling through more modern concepts and whatnot, but for me I just feel that it doesn't quite have the same effect. What can I say, I guess it's because I'm more emotional than I am rational, but instead of making it a weakness or subject myself to fanatical belief in deities by neglecting rationality entirely, I choose to embrace that part of myself in a rational, 'personally fantastic' kind of way, which gives it all a sense of balance i think.

Lol, nice Kentucky reference. But honestly- that is what mysticism is all about imho. Personal psychological growth. ANything that is within the domain of being affected by altered chemical balance in the brain such as the 'state of mind' is subject to the mystical practises. it's all about personal growth, unleashing personal potential, spiritual growth without any particular dogma and it's all for the good of mankind and what one might refer to as 'one's soul' (i know it's not scientific term, but bear with me) in general. I am an envoy of S&M here to extend the hand of common understanding to PS&P :bigjoint: 

:scarybeat:


--------------------
:watchingyou: :raptorJesus: :teabird: :watchingyou:

Excerpts of inner dialogue III-V-VIII:

"Im no saint, but I do have genuine intentions."
"So you believe in intensions?"
"No. I believe in being genuine."


"The goal is to become more child-like, and less child-ish."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mystics as villains [Re: MotherNaturesSon]
    #17244512 -

I am an envoy of S&M here to extend the hand of common understanding to PS&P

:lol: good luck with that friend. there is a pretty embedded culture of spirituality bashing that goes on over here.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mystics as villains [Re: blingbling]
    #17244583 -

blingbling said:
I am an envoy of S&M here to extend the hand of common understanding to PS&P

:lol: good luck with that friend. there is a pretty embedded culture of spirituality bashing that goes on over here.



Likewise many bash rationality back in S&M and it makes neither of us the wiser, imo.

I was warned that starting a topic like this here might be askin for a'bashin'. But I do believe there is a way of balancing both rationality and spirituality so that they would both compliment one another, rather than fight, you know?

My own take on mysticism (as I put here) is but one aspect of that attainable balance, i should think. I'm not a fan of hardcore ignorant meta-physics, likewise I do not enjoy cold arrogant rationalism.

I do believe there's a fine line between them that brings together the best of both worlds and I've aimed to finding it. I'm sure many rational entities that dwell here will be sure to bash me when I wander too far off course and I would expect no less. After all, that's why I came to the dimension of PS&P (lol! :lol: )

Can't achieve much novelty if everybody more or less agrees with you from start to finish, right? :psychsplit:


--------------------
:watchingyou: :raptorJesus: :teabird: :watchingyou:

Excerpts of inner dialogue III-V-VIII:

"Im no saint, but I do have genuine intentions."
"So you believe in intensions?"
"No. I believe in being genuine."


"The goal is to become more child-like, and less child-ish."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mystics as villains [Re: MotherNaturesSon]
    #17244667 -

yeah, sure... if it makes for an interesting discussion then i'm down with that.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Question For Mystic Heads
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
DiploidM 6,629 101 04/09/06 12:08 PM
by redgreenvines
* ESSAY:Psychedelic induced mystical experiences by Alan Watts tekramrepus 3,070 6 03/21/03 01:43 PM
by pattern
* Evidence Suggesting Consciousness Is An Emergent Property Of Complex Biology... And Not Mystical
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
DiploidM 11,781 87 06/21/05 08:03 AM
by redgreenvines
* Lesser Banishment Ritual of the Pentagram Jalruza 1,702 16 08/11/06 07:14 AM
by eve69
* Mormonism and the inverted pentagram
( 1 2 all )
backfromthedead 4,481 33 01/28/08 01:28 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* our favorite villains Ellis Dee 323 1 11/27/13 01:51 AM
by Magenta
* What mysticism is Silversoul 950 10 04/19/06 06:45 AM
by redgreenvines
* The mystical nature of the mystical
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Rahz 5,018 118 07/08/09 11:34 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,739 topic views. 0 members, 34 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.