Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Being a regular citizen
    #15764310 -

I don't post on the Shroomery anymore, but I sometimes lurk through a few threads. I have a peak of other people's lives and it sometimes leads to massive facepalming.

I was introduced to drugs by music, then Wikipedia, then the Shroomery. It wasn't a drug dealer or a stoned friend who led me to Salvia (my first drug if you skip the traditional pot and booze), it was just my curiosity. After two years or so, my interest in drugs slowly dropped until I didn't really care anymore. But the Shroomery is such a fun place!

Skimming some of the user's posts, I often wonder and ask myself why they chose such a lifestyle. Especially when a bunch of posters are replying to an OP stating that his best friend stabbed him for an ounce of weed, and that it's infortunate because his GF killed herself last week so he's pretty sad, and everyone is like "oh bro it sucks", while I'm like... "HOW IN HELL COULD THIS HAPPEN??"
I understand how people sometimes just don't have a choice, since I come myself from a very poor backround. However, I don't understand how American kids with many possibilities just choose to smoke weed all day, then do Xanax all day and then shoot heroin all day. I just don't see the appeal of drugs maybe? But after doing some of those I just can't understand how you can give up your life and have the shadiest friends ever just to have some MDMA everyday.

I'm sure a lot of people know the kind of posts I'm talking about. "My GF's a stripper and she cheated on me and she's back to shooting heroin", "I haven't heard of a friend in months, I think he OD'ed", "hey look at my cool apartment!"



I can understand the appeal of such a lifestyle in two cases: being a rebellious hippie, or a party-hard Charlie Sheen. Both have balls to live the life they live. But being a random pothead who's addicted to prescription meds? What's the appeal of it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15764318 -

Being a regular college student in my case...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15764405 -

I don't see whats not to like about being a random pot head addicted to anything. An addiction is something everyone needs at least one of. It gives them something to thrive for. It's all about the feel good man. :jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15764423 -

I'm blessed in that all I'm addicted to is porn and games. I like weed and I've tried everything else bar heroin and meth and I can take it or leave it.

I smoke weed to give me knowledge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #15764465 -

I might as well elaborate on this.

I don't like the idea of being Anti Anything. I just want to live my life as I see fit. But I could be described as Anti-Establishment, because it's corrupt as fuck all over the world. It tells us that war is good, peace and love is bad, and that thinking, and things that make you think (and I certainly feel like thinking when stoned) are to be severely discouraged.

One the one hand, it says things like booze, ciggies, fats and sugar are bad, whilst on the other hand we have aspartame, chemtrails, vaccines (not immunisations. If you are immunised, then you have immunity for life) and all sorts of artificial crap in every consumer product that poisons us.

The system is all about keeping people producing and consuming, or in the case of China, slaves just producing. They don't want you well and happy, people who are well and happy don't spend as much on medicines and crap to fill the empty hole in their life that advertising companies prey upon. They don't want you dead either, you can't make them as much money.

They want you to be working, consuming, being ill and paying lots of money until just before you get your pension, then on average, you'll be dead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #15765810 -

How can you NOT understand? Sick society breeds sick individuals. I wish my thoughts were more organized because I could talk for days. Just listen to Supertramp's The Logical Song. That is a pretty good explanation.

Basically, we grow up learning things like the golden rule, two wrongs don't make a right, sharing is caring, we live in a free country, etc.
Then we start thinking for ourselves and realize its all bullshit. I understand completely how someone can just piss their life away. You either conform to the oppressive ways of society or you are an outcast. Try to make a difference and you are going up against the entire power structure and 90% of the population who will defend their wrong way of life til the bitter end. So maybe it is not the drug addicted stoner who has the problem, maybe it is everyone else. We are on a path to destruction, acting as a parasite to this planet and it is not only accepted but encouraged. Then we are forced into bondage by means of debt, which is just a modern form of slavery. We can't even have a place to live without paying or owing. Every inch of land is owned by some body, which means just to have a place to call your own you must work, and never stop because if you ever stop you will lose everything. now tell me that is not slavery. Life fuckin sucks ass and it feels like a trap. Now if we are wise about it, we can have a place of our own, free and clear, with a few good years of work, assuming you can find a decent paying job and have the self-control to save money. Just have to live out in a less populated area where it is cheaper. Fact of the matter is there are far more low paying jobs than there are decent paying jobs. We are going against nature by the way we live. It is only natural to feel shitty about it.

I like #3's post.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #15765851 -

Xanax makes me feel better, thats why I enjoy it, not so I can sleep in a bed surrounded by candles and a nodding girlfriend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #5] * 1
    #15767242 -

Anon 3, define "they".

About this whole outcast thing: don't you realize that we all mostly conform, although at different levels? Potheads themselves conform to the weed culture, "psychonauts" often conform to the rejection of the ego concept, the love for Terrence McKenna and other "enlightened" people, same tastes (how is it that when you actually meet those people they're all dressed the same?).

Not only that, but this outcast attitude is also quite ethnocentric. You believe you've rejected all the norms while the way you dress, your sleeping habits, your love life, your eating habits, everything is inherited from the society you were born in. Even if you go to India to live in a small village you're still living as a "human being", within that norm.

You want to make a difference? Be nice to people, be nice to your family. Smile and create. Stop whining like a little emo teenage bitch about society who's oppressive and blablabla. Go to North Korea and tell them how oppressive your government is! No one is stopping you from bein an artist, no one is stopping you from not getting a job at a place you like, staying away from desks and cubicles. No one is stopping you from actually educating yourself in a broad way, without diving into this conspiracy shit. Many people criticise capitalism and consumerism. And yet they don't use it as an excuse to throw their lives away.
90% of the population is wrong? You might as well say that the earth should be flat. You're entitled to your opinion but keep in mind you're simply denying REALITY.

You can always reject civilization by the way, go live in the forest or something. But, surprise! It's actually way harder than having a full-time job. A job will make you a slave of comfort, a life as a wild hunter will make you slave of your own survival struggle.
Who's making a difference? A junky ODing on heroin in a filthy basement or this nice retired grandpa who always says hello with a big smile to people he meets?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15768318 -

I can definitely see where you’re coming from OP, now days I kind of have the same perspective.  I read some of these posts and im amazed at the situations some of our shroomrite brethren find themselves in.

I look back at my days of “psychedelic enlightenment” and how important it was to me all those years ago.  But now I just see it as chemicals in the brain, and now I get enlightenment from sobriety and all of the amazing things it allows me to go out and do..  But go trying to explain another form of enlightenment to these cats, sometimes I feel like these people put way too much emphasis on psychedelic use, in fact I almost see it as juvenile now.  And if someone doesn’t like psychedelics here they are deemed crazy, or told that they aren’t doing it right…

I definitely feel like I missed out on a lot doing so many drugs, and feel that pot was one of the most destructive forces in my life for years.  Even the fond memories I have that involve drugs seem to fade in significance as I get older.  I’ve been involved with the shroomery for ten years and have very few posts because I’ve been out enjoying life, I don’t know how some of these people justify smoking pot and hanging out on this website all day long.  And honestly, it doesn’t feel right to criticize other poeple, but seeing as how everyone seems to be so critical of one another on this site now days it doesn’t really bother me to say all of this.

Edited by Anonymous (02/06/12 01:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #6] * 1
    #15768440 -

Regular citizen?

Yes, that is what I hope that they believe.

Wooooo flying under the radar

:stircauldron:

Edited by Anonymous (02/06/12 01:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15769912 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I can understand the appeal of such a lifestyle in two cases: being a rebellious hippie, or a party-hard Charlie Sheen. Both have balls to live the life they live. But being a random pothead who's addicted to prescription meds? What's the appeal of it?



One of my counselors in treatment answered this for me...it's basically the "thrill" of living on the edge of society.  Exhibiting anti-social behaviors just starts to be a way of life and you start to view yourself in this other light that is much more favorable than the reality.  You start to think you're a badass, that the life you're living is pretty sweet...but it's really your ego + drug abuse + your sick brain that's tricking you into thinking that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #15770041 -

I can relate to the thrill...it's an addiction or rush when you don't know if you're going to make it to payday, afford food, or even live another day...and then you somehow pull it off, you were dangerously close to the fringe, but you skidded by.

Then the funny thing is it will give you random anxiety when you are in phases of your life where you are doing good and comfortable and want to maintain, and then randomly you are like WTF was I doing why did I do that to myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #15770545 -

Anonymous #8 said:
Anonymous #1 said:
I can understand the appeal of such a lifestyle in two cases: being a rebellious hippie, or a party-hard Charlie Sheen. Both have balls to live the life they live. But being a random pothead who's addicted to prescription meds? What's the appeal of it?



One of my counselors in treatment answered this for me...it's basically the "thrill" of living on the edge of society.  Exhibiting anti-social behaviors just starts to be a way of life and you start to view yourself in this other light that is much more favorable than the reality.  You start to think you're a badass, that the life you're living is pretty sweet...but it's really your ego + drug abuse + your sick brain that's tricking you into thinking that.



Nah bro, I don't "think" I'm a badass for living on the edge, I know I'm a badass.  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10] * 1
    #15771140 -

One thing leads to another and sometimes its a downward spiral, often stemming from repressed sexuality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10] * 2
    #15772451 -

Well, retarded (as in mentally handicapped) people often live in the edge of society, you know. Being borderline isn't an automatic guarantee of awesomeness.

Take a poor crazy homeless woman who lives in a cardboard box and a rockstar... they both live in the edge of society, don't they?
I feel like most posters here are closer to the crazy homeless woman, would it be in terms of lifestyle, money, talent, and available perspectives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #15772454 -

Anonymous #11 said:
One thing leads to another and sometimes its a downward spiral, often stemming from repressed sexuality.



Oh my God, how did you know?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15772459 -

Thats a very poor perspective. People make i'm broke and in debt threads because they need to vent. You don't see any i'm rich and happy threads because thats a common thing that nobody needs to hear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15772493 -

Well not exactly most of the posters here, but most of the younger posters who seem to have an "alternative" lifestyle.

And it's not just the "I'm broke" threads, it's every single poster who finds it pretty much normal to be surrounded by people who are shady, depressed, suicidal, addcited to at least three drugs, or mentally ill.
They also seem to find it normal to have a couple of friends die/go to jail/simply disappear while living in precarity and low hygiene.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15773996 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Well, retarded (as in mentally handicapped) people often live in the edge of society, you know. Being borderline isn't an automatic guarantee of awesomeness.




It has nothing to do with actual awesomeness or if you're really living on the edge of society.  It has everything to do with how your brain starts to react to and perceive certain things, namely reality.  It's an ego thing.  Like dealing drugs, getting high, hanging out around shade trees all day...your ego builds up this illusion of self...an illusion built up around the fact that you're breaking the law, hanging out with certain types of people or doing shit you're not supposed to do.  That's the edge I'm talking about. 

I also doubt this is going to make any sense to you if you already see a problem with it....kinda like why non-addicts are pretty much unable to understand why an addict does/acts certain ways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #15774737 -

i'm just gonna state that there are two sides to this story. both sides choose to succumb, though... the writer of the story is pleased.

those who oppose are the writers. simple.

pick one of these paths... either you work hard for a make-believe life... or you live in squalor admitting your humanity to be a disease; OR you can choose to write your path to follow. if you can keep up, you'll find that not only do people respect that more, but also they will understand and follow a possible more distinct path other then the two extreme opposites of the human condition.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #15775015 -

It's normal to live in huts in africa. It's normal to be born with squinty eyes if your asian. :shrug: I really see no point in it's normal to od if you like drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15775032 -

excuses. excuses...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #15775176 -

Everyone has some theory......pretty much all BS. Bottom line, animals are free, we are not. Nothing wrong with being an activist and doing things that should be an assumed right. I don't think anybody has some weird "i'm badass" feeling for doing things that are knowingly illegal unless that person is in high school or something. But hey, thats just another stupid theory like the rest in here. Not everyone has a choice. Not everyone can just do what they want. Not everyone can just work wherever they want. World is fucked up. Psychedelics help people see that. I think it is a good thing to expose the evil ways of man that go against nature. It is a wake-up call for some. It was for me. It cured my years of hopeless depression that I spent sitting in a dank basement wasting my time on a computer. Now I am happy, now I am empowered to speak my mind and stand up for what I believe in. Now I am getting an education so I can do something important instead of working at low-end, low-paying, corporate jobs for my whole life. And I still do drugs (natural only). It is a medicine. Though I know I won't need it forever, it is helping me get out of a years long rut. I know what is important, I know what is not. I know what is right and what is wrong. While I still sometimes have no choice but to conform and buy consumer products (mostly because I have a family and am poor) I do my best to live within my means(and needs) and know that some day I will be making a difference for somebody or something and I will have that small farm that I dream of. My life has done nothing but improve since I started smoking pot and trippin. BIG TIME

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #15777749 -

Anonymous #8 said:
I also doubt this is going to make any sense to you if you already see a problem with it....kinda like why non-addicts are pretty much unable to understand why an addict does/acts certain ways.



Nah nah it does, I was replying to Anon 10.

Now two things:

1) The two extremes are the outcasts and the brainless TV addicts. The middle is actually held by people who are usually not outcasts themselves. Take Noam Chumsky as an example, or any other brilliant mind. You don't need to leave the company of your peers to have a good look at things. I'm a regular citizen and yet I don't watch TV and educate myself as much as I can. I have no problem questioning many aspects of the system. No need to be a poser to be a thinker!

2) This whole idea that the world us fucked up is delusional. For something to be wrong, there needs to be a right. But this is it, there is only one world, one reality. It cannot possibly be wrong or right.
This view is held for example by hardcore christians: in the 17th century, a French philosopher and scientist (Pascal) always used the term of "misery" to describe human nature, because he had the idea that man had lost his perfection when chased out of the garden of Eden. Well, from a materialistic and atheisr point of view, this is bullshit. Humanity is always losing and acquiring diferent things, and WE are PART of nature, we're not evil meanies who want to murder every Bambi who's around. Nature by essence is neutral, and its evolution is never essentially right or wrong. This judgement lies in the eye of the beholder, and is ultimately related to him.

I understand that psychedelics can help many people, and it's great, but many of the "teachings" I see are BS pseudo-philosphy. People with a higher understanding will typically have more interesting "breakthroughs" while many are stuck with simplistic thoughts about how the government is evil and how we have to love mother nature.
However, I'm not talking of users who lead a rich, healthy life on the side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15778663 -

Anonymous #1 said:
People with a higher understanding will typically have more interesting "breakthroughs" while many are stuck with simplistic thoughts about how the government is evil and how we have to love mother nature.




You don't need hallucinogens to see that the government is evil. They are, no doubt about it. Not just government but corporations. This should be common sense. But I think so many people have their own illusions of grandeur, wanting to be rich/on top, that they support this evil bullshit for hopes of one day achieving such a position themselves. It is disgusting to me, materialism. Thats what it comes down to. People care about the unimportant, because that is what "they" want you to do. And "they" do a damn good job making it so. All the while we lose our rights and the planet gets raped all in the name of "progress" and hardly anybody truly cares. You may think you have it all figured out but you don't. But hey, I understand. EVERYONE gets defensive when someone starts badmouthing their disgusting way of life. Especially when society tells them they are doing the right thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #15778701 -

Wow dude stop listening to Alex Jones and quit being so paranoid.  The government looks out for us and does things for our own best interest.  You'll learn this someday when you grow up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15778830 -

:eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15779537 -

The government doesn't give a flying fuck about us dude. When people grow up they realize this. Seriously man...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15779673 -

Anonymous #10 said:
Wow dude stop listening to Alex Jones and quit being so paranoid.  The government looks out for us and does things for our own best interest.  You'll learn this someday when you grow up.



Wow, it makes me sad that people are this dumb. You have no idea the level of corruption that has been going on for a long time, do you? They don't give a crap about you, me, or our families.

Maybe once people like YOU wake the fuck up, we can take our country back. Unfortunately, in most cases, you can't fix stupid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15780078 -

They do care about the people to some extent, since they are themselves people. Human beings.

It is true that the biggest drive in politics is the race for power; but power is not only about bending other people's will to your own : it's about shaping the world the way you see fit, too.
This is often the factor that is beneficial or detrimental to regular you&me. A leader will defend a certain vision of the world, where some people win and others lose. Some leaders will consider that all immigrants should be expelled; some consider that gay marriage is an abomination; some consider that education is a priority; some consider that the nation should have a powerful army. Of course, this is very simply said, but those are the mechanisms that rule governments.

However, people often overestimate the leader's capacity to change the country. Imagine the US or any other land as a boat sailing the seven seas. The president and the government are the captain and the crew. The boat is headed towards a certain direction, and if they want to change that direction, they have to put a lot of effort and thought in the new course. Extremists want to just turn around, Schettino style, not giving a fuck about consequences, but any other captain will just keep on going, steering left and right, but never really changing the general direction.

Not only that, but a government is composed of more than just the core leaders. From secretaries to the public services, thousands and thousands of individuals apply orders the way they see fit. This is why change is often very slow if no one keeps an eye of it.


I do feel that very educated people tend to be quite misanthropist. Human history is made of error and idiocy. Candidates aknowledge the fact that their appearance is more important than their competence or projects, especially in the US. They learn how to use ignorance. They learn that 2/3 of the country are obese, and that most of it is completely fucking dumb.
In this sense, they don't really care about people. How could you? You'd need to have huge empathy levels to care about people after witnessing so much stupidity and greed. But they do care about the country. They manage the country. They're intellectuals, they love the idea, not the people.

However, the government as an entity does look out for its citizens. I'm receiving 400€ per month to study, and would get 200 more if I wanted an apartment. My parents don't pay taxes. We live in a 100m² apartment with a 600€/month rent. All thanks to the state! But it's not because the government (which is an abstract entity, btw) loves us, it's simply that you need wealthy, educated citizens to keep the boat running. It's like running a business, really.




People usually agree when you tell them that not everything is black and white, but they often give in into similar nonesense nonetheless. Now, you can either read what I just explained, and think about how decisions are made when thousands of thousands of people make them, or you can still just believe that the "government" (define "government" maybe?) is just a big meanie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15780117 -

i ask you a simple question #1

where does money come from and why does it exist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15780124 -

wgaf..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #15]
    #15780245 -

Because the argument has started and it will have to end with a loser.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #15780282 -

Oh my, I have no idea.
I guess it appeared around -4000 BC, with the invention of writing, or maybe much later, during the bronze age, in Mesopotamia probably I guess. Too lazy to check wiki.

As why it exists, it's very simple: as social groups grow bigger and bigger, direct trades become more and more difficult. An abstract symbol of wealth allows you to acquire meat and pottery without having to actually give something of your making. Why such a question?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15780303 -

It exists because...we let it exist. If you take a 5 dollar bill ,which will buy a 5 dollar foot long, and decide to make that $5 worth 2 subs then it would be worth differently. If everyone does this money ammounts would change. Like in the depression when they used (shells?/rocks?) and engraved stores that was accepted on them. It's only worth what society as a whole deems its value.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15780310 -

Pretty much anything that is man-made exists because we let it exist. :p
It's not specific to money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15780331 -

Not true. We can't possibly destroy everything. We can destroy human concepts and ideas however. Kind like the one where you think the government isn't fucking money grubbing bigots who don't give a fuck about us. They care about them not us. They do what benefits the politicians.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15780382 -

Ah, yes, very strong arguments, I'm most definitely convinced that the government is the incarnation of Satan on earth...

On a serious note, name one thing that is man-made that we cannot destroy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15780406 -

i'm a satanist...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15780434 -

I was hoping you'd say out of thin air or printing machines #1. but you didn't as i expected you read the question how i assumed you'd read it.

I only asked because you and your family get government assistance. And even though we all would like to believe here in america we get our foodstamps and nigger baby(white people too are niggers) welfare from taxpayers, i would express my ability to call bullshit. I don't know how it is in wherever you live in europe but i would assume it is also created out of thin air.  Once here in america paper 'bills' were once backed by tangible gold, which for even believing that i am now a terrorist in the FBEYEs eyes. The government is only one smaller entity on a larger global scale of control. The governments across the world do things based off of specific interests in no way or shape to help better man kind as a whole. Their interests are purely selfish among a group of who knows how many and in my opinion it is based on power,control and ultimate global dominance which from what it seems like they have mostly completed. Would you like to know who they have had a hard time controlling to their specific interests?

What about those muslims? why so much pressure on these little brown people? well in the years past and future to come you will see what i mean. its not about fucking oil. trust me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #15780510 -

Anonymous #1 said:
But being a random pothead who's addicted to prescription meds? What's the appeal of it?



:feelsgoodman:

Edited by Anonymous (02/08/12 06:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15780564 -

Anonymous #10 said:
Wow dude stop listening to Alex Jones and quit being so paranoid.  The government looks out for us and does things for our own best interest.  You'll learn this someday when you grow up.



Yes, police and politicians only look out for the average citizens best interest.

Idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #15780928 -

Anonymous #14 said:
I was hoping you'd say out of thin air or printing machines #1. but you didn't as i expected you read the question how i assumed you'd read it.

I only asked because you and your family get government assistance. And even though we all would like to believe here in america we get our foodstamps and nigger baby(white people too are niggers) welfare from taxpayers, i would express my ability to call bullshit. I don't know how it is in wherever you live in europe but i would assume it is also created out of thin air.  Once here in america paper 'bills' were once backed by tangible gold, which for even believing that i am now a terrorist in the FBEYEs eyes. The government is only one smaller entity on a larger global scale of control. The governments across the world do things based off of specific interests in no way or shape to help better man kind as a whole. Their interests are purely selfish among a group of who knows how many and in my opinion it is based on power,control and ultimate global dominance which from what it seems like they have mostly completed. Would you like to know who they have had a hard time controlling to their specific interests?

What about those muslims? why so much pressure on these little brown people? well in the years past and future to come you will see what i mean. its not about fucking oil. trust me.



Wow 14, that makes a lot of sense. I am actually ashamed that I haven't thought of that yet. I was thinking it was some financial reason, I know its not about terror or "protecting freedom". It never occurred to me that our interests there are as a result of them not bending to the global agenda. Good point, indeed.

And 1, it is probably difficult for you to fully understand the American government since you don't live here. These bastards are owned, they don't work for us. Yes, many of them try to make changes based on what we assume is there own personal beliefs, but is likely a part of a larger scheme to gradually take our rights. America's government is supposed to be based on our Constitution which imposes clear limits on government. The problem is the Constitution is increasingly ignored. Our federal government is not supposed to have nearly as much power as they have given themselves. Our whole federal drug prohibition is unconstitutional. That is just part of the bullshit. We are a nation obsessed with materialism and excessive consumption, and it is that way for a reason. That is the way they want it. Now tell me that it is in the people's best interest to have such distorted priorities and a practical "mission" to consume and expand as much as is possible? It seems like a one-way road to destruction if you ask me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15781894 -

Anonymous #10 said:
The government looks out for us and does things for our own best interest.  You'll learn this someday when you grow up.



the goverment passes laws that violate our constitutional rights because they are looking out for us. because you know, those dudes on monkey bars in the desert are such a threat to us

:tard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #15782368 -

Anonymous #5 said:
Anonymous #10 said:
Wow dude stop listening to Alex Jones and quit being so paranoid.  The government looks out for us and does things for our own best interest.  You'll learn this someday when you grow up.



Yes, police and politicians only look out for the average citizens best interest.

Idiot.



The police is mostly there to protect "regular citizens", not outsiders. Let me tell you a story.

I was on a trip with friends, and we rented a house by the beach. We meet the owner who shows us the house, gives us the keys, and then briefly leaves to give something he had forgottent in his car (coffee machine or something). Friends start unpacking, and one stupidly leaves one big chunk of dirt (enough for a week) on the table and forgets about it.
The owner comes back, sees the drugs, and we're like "oh fuuuck!" and we nearly shit our pants when he whips his... inspector card out. Yup, he was from the police.
But then he's pretty chill, says he doesn't really mind but that we should be careful, not do anything stupid, because leaving it there was pretty stupid. He then leaves and wishes us a good holiday.

I've got plenty of stories like this. The police has overall always been nice and polite with me. So yeah, they fuck you in the ass because you reject the law, don't be surprized (and some cops, especially certain units can be dicks too, I agree).



Now, with this whole evil government thing... I have met people from the justice system (high-ranked judge) and some minor officials (in my step-family) and guess what? They're regular people. They don't have antennas and don't hide anything from their friends.

What you assume is that a higher power is leading them. But this is a HUGE overestimation of what humans can do : Vietnam, Liberia, Napoleon's Russian campaign, the war in Afghanistan... history of mankind is FILLED with ENORMOUS mistakes. Actually, most of our history is made of failures.
April 1961, bay of pigs, Cuba : the CIA thought, for some reason, that it was a good idea to send a couple of poorly armed and trained opponents of Castro's regime to take back the island, even thought they almost KNEW that the operation had leaked. Consequence? It was a massacre, and nearly staged a nuclear war.
Now that we have access to the archives, we can see that it was simply a mistake. Head command didn't get the right information at the right time, and no one among the decision-makers dared to stand up and stop everything. Everyone tagged along and it nearly was the end of the world.

The NWO conspiracy suggests that there is a groupe of men with superhuman intelligence who NEVER make mistakes, who can control the world without EVER being known, even though you'd need an IMMENSE infrastructure to control such an institution, with thousands and thousands of men.

The NWO fantasy springs from the wild imagination of individuals who do feel that politics are not that simple (and yes they're not, influences within the political sphere are numerous and obscure), but who are not educated enough to make something out of this intuition, giving into childish scenarios.



But believe what you want to believe, don't listen to reflections and education.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15784589 -

Anon 1, just close this thread. :thumbdown: You come on here, which you say you rarely do, just to start shit...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15785776 -

I don't think anyone doubts that some cops and some judges and decent. I got stopped by some police after picking up some friends at a restaurant they just dine and dashed. I didn't know that, so the police hunted me down in minutes and had guns drawn on me and everything. I had a metal pipe my dad made for me and a homemade bong in the trunk which they found. They ended up just making fun of me for how ghetto they were. Didn't charge me with anything and let me go on my way after arresting one of my friends. Now that is the only one situation out of the close to a dozen I have been involved in where the cops weren't assholes with a hard-on for drug busts.

Many of them fully buy in to the "drug war" gravy train, even though it is unconstitutional and pretty much voids their oath to uphold the constitution. It seems pretty clear from my studies that the will of the majority can not jeopardize the rights of the minority, even if it is 1000 to 1. But it does. Many of the laws and government powers are directly violating our rights as outlined in the constitution. Now how could our government become so misguided if there wasn't some larger scheme at work here? Many congressmen and presidents have not had our best interests in mind. Just read all those old documents, like the federalist papers. Our founders feared that this would happen, and sure enough it did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #15785869 -

So an inspector let you keep your pot? And one of your in-laws is a judge? And that justifies police wiping their asses with the constitution on probably a minutely basis in the US?

I want to be very clear on this - All the police have to do to merit kicking the shit out of you, is put THEIR hands on YOU, and at that moment you are resisting arrest. They can then kick the shit out of you, rob you for whatever you have, and then take you to jail. Then when you go to court for resisting arrest, and it's your words against a police officers, the judge can either put your ass in a cage for X amount of years or if he's feeling nice just probation for a year or so.

I've known an armed security guard for several years, who regularly worked with police, handing over criminals robbing houses to them. He told me how he has worked several different counties where police would smoke meth and other drugs to stay awake on the overnights, or to put in overtime, then when they got blasted they would fuck with ANYONE on the street in certain neighborhoods. Including walking up to them and pushing random people to provoke a fight, put them in handcuffs to search their pockets and "confiscate" all their shit, and in some cases take their baton out and just beat someone within an inch of their life because they're wife is fucking someone else. It happens every day, and every night.

I've had the police step on my neck, threaten to take me to an abandoned bridge and "test their mace or taser" on me, and throw me in jail for the entire 72 hours they could hold me without ever telling me what I was arrested for. After I was released, I found out that made up a completely fictitious reason to put me in jail, just because they could.

If you think that a majority of your encounters with police are only for your good, you must be one outstanding fucking citizen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Being a regular citizen [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #15787408 -

Well it is true that I'm a pretty polite and laid-back person...

Now you speak a lot of constitutional rights, and this is something I hear a lot in America. From a kid who doesn't want to take spanish lessons to a man convicted to death sentence, everyone point their finger at the constitution and say : "hey, this isn't constitutional!"
The constitution is a context. Any competent lawyer can bend its meaning at his own will. The constitution does not truely guarantee anything, laws are what count. Even laws can be twisted around to mean a few different things, but they're at least more accurate than constitutional rights who are more like national ideals and values.

Now why do laws not respect your interpretation of the constitution? Not because of some evil organization, but because people are and will be people.

Can you truely and sincerely say that you care about the political life of your country? Can you tell me about the current state of the freedom of press, about women's rights, about the African-American situation in the South, about the legal context of the financial world, about the state budget, about the global warming debate, about bioengineering ethics? Probably not, like 98% of the population. First conclusion: people are ignorant as hell. Not only that, but recent psychology research has outlined that we're even dumber than we think we are, and this includes intellectuals as it deals with the restrictions, delusions and fallacies that our brain naturally follows.

Add the fact that 90% of the people don't care about illegal drugs and drug-users, and you've got it : it's not that the state is evil and wants to rob you, it's that people don't give a fuck about you. This can be said of pretty much every minority and every community within society. Each group will defend its own interests and try to bend the law accordingly.


Don't blame the government, blame the people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm finding it harder to connect with people than in the past Anonymous 640 2 03/04/18 01:59 AM
by Anonymous
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,407 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,122 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,704 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Hating how you look?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 6,021 50 02/17/10 05:09 AM
by Anonymous
* The "reality" of this forum - a disclaimer for n00bs
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 8,652 64 10/05/10 07:21 PM
by Anonymous
* how manyt people here have never had a girlfriend.
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 3,055 57 03/22/18 10:07 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,010 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.