Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Should I encourage my friend with major "issues" to shroom?
    #1554416 - 05/16/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have a friend who has shroomed once before, presumably a pretty low dose, and had a very bad trip.  He has endless underlying issues in his life.  His dad died of malignant melamoma when he was 16, and one of the worst parts of his trip was thinking he had melanoma too.  He's pretty lazy, a lot of our friends went off to college, he is attending a local JC and only takes a couple classes per term.  His family provides a small amount of money for him per month, and he lives at home.  He won't get a job, so he sits around all day doing god knows what.  He is prone to petty theft, be it from a store or from his friends.  i've caught him stealing from me before.  He stole a bottle of clear eyes from me and then admitted it and gave it back a couple weeks later.

I tried to explain to him about set and setting (last time he tripped, he didn't know what to expect, he was with someone he doens't like, and they watched A.I. :shocked:).  I'm so enthusiastic about my own experiences that he wants to try shrooming again with me.  it would be both of our second trips. 

I'm almost sure that he'll have lots of demons come to the forefront, and will probably have a real bad introspective trip.  But it might help him out of a stunningly terrible slump.  So should I encourage him to trip again?  Should I trip with him?  Another concern is that, due to my own inexperience with shrooms, he might drag me down into a bad second trip, and I really don't want to screw up my own relationship with the mushies. 

Also, what dose should he eat.  i'd probably take around 3 dried grams, maybe an 8th.  First time was 2 grams, and it was a wonderful experience, but not quite strong enough. 

--------------------

Edited by Noviseer (05/16/03 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major "issues" to shroom? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1558268 - 05/18/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

a bottle of Clear Eyes??? thats INSANE  :shocked: 

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: cube421]
    #1558295 - 05/18/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dude my point was that he felt guilty about it and it lead him to tell me. thus he's being introspective. Thats it. Besides knitpicking, is there anyone that would like to give me any advice?

--------------------

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: Noviseer]
    #1558327 - 05/18/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry dude- I just like being stupid sometimes

OfflineSuperSpun
Not quite surewhat happened

Loc: India
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: cube421]
    #1560133 - 05/19/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You should make him.

--------------------

Not quite sure what happened

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major "issues" to shroom? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1560160 - 05/19/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If he had a "bad trip" his first time out he needs to start on very low doses and get his confidence back first.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: Xlea321]
    #1560442 - 05/19/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Im not sure. I was in kind of a slump in my life, and i dosed 7g alone, knowing full well what i was going into. That trip helped me figure out my priorities, and a couple 5g trips alone in the following weeks got my ass in gear, and improved my life alot (eating right, exercise, motivation, being a good person..etc) It did alot of good in my life, but i was well versed in what to expect and just how "terrifying?" the experience would be. I wont offer an opinion here as its not my place, but i hope my story can perhaps help you make your decision.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major "issues" to shro [Re: Noviseer]
    #1561285 - 05/19/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'd consider making more certain of yourself - that you'll be able to navigate the waters on your own, so that if he does have a bad experience (or you just get bad vibes from him because of the fucked up stuff in his life), you'll be able to handle it better.
This sort of stuff ~does~ sound like the sort of thing that can be helped by tripping - gaining perspective on one's place in existence, contemplating principles and sometimes just having a plain ol' good time -- or even a bad time, if it's used for reflection.

Perhaps bringing along someone else you both trust with more experience and a good sensibility about them? That way the two of you can help manage the situation, and they can help boost you if things start looking badly for you. And yes, as someone else mentioned, a lower dose is probably best for both of you in this case, even if you alone are usually alright with higher doses.

Good luck!

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: SuperSpun]
    #1562119 - 05/20/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"You should make him."

you shouldn't make anybody take mushrooms unless you make EVERYBODY take mushrooms :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/20/03 12:44 AM)

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: Strumpling]
    #1562195 - 05/20/03 01:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You shouldn't encourage anybody to use psychedelics. I believe we find them when we need them most. By all means advocate, let him know the positive and negative aspects of psychedelic use and he will make his own decision when he is ready.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: Strumpling]
    #1562197 - 05/20/03 01:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it wont work unless he is tripping because he wants to. It's not that hard to get someone to want to though.... it the new world of the modern era for christssake!

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Should I encourage my friend with major [Re: Malachi]
    #1562802 - 05/20/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the advice everyone.  Basically he is committed to trying mushies again sometime in the future, not because I've encouraged him though.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that whenever we get stoned all I can talk about is how lifechanging and wonderful my first trip was  :grin:

My friend (a different one) is getting a quarter of amazonians and him and I are going to split that up and trip at the beach.  AFter that i'll know the shrooms a little better, and if my troubled friend still wants to try again, i'll shroom with him a little later.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag