Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
why I dont want my friends to do shrooms
    #1213604 - 01/13/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Damn I find it so freakin annoying when all my friends who can get or have tried shrooms are like, yeah I got so fucked up off of it or this and that.... treating it like weed or alcohol.

NOthing annoys me more then how my other friends who tried them use them as something to get fucked up with, it seems like im the only one who thinks of a trip as a mystical thing that shouldnt be taken for recreation but for a journey of the mind.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1213627 - 01/13/03 05:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I feel the same way as you regarding my use of fungi. Maybe someday they too will see the mushrooms as you see them.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinedjgiant
cut up music

Loc: abq,nm
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Joshua]
    #1213629 - 01/13/03 05:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i was telling my friend about how its all about the spiritual value of the mushrooms and he just laughed at me  :frown: fuckers dont understand shit

Edited by djgiant (01/13/03 05:30 AM)

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: djgiant]
    #1213637 - 01/13/03 05:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like somebody is on the right path :wink:

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Anonymous

#1213653 - 01/13/03 05:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I hate that too. But you know what I hate worse?

People who dont realize experiences are subjective. Some people use psilocybin mushrooms for self enlightenment and self exploration, other people like to get really out there and have a good time.

Maybe you should accept that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Also, I know a lot of people that use them to 'get fucked up', but they all say they bond more, and talk about a lot of things they normally wouldn't. The mushroom is good for everyone, unless you're just a fuckhead who has no respect for anything, then theyll bite you in the ass.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: ]
    #1213671 - 01/13/03 05:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I never thought of it that way.

*shrugs*

I guess your right.

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1213807 - 01/13/03 06:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

here here!!! what i hate is spiritual snobbery, the "my way or no way" mentality.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Bilge]
    #1214803 - 01/13/03 01:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

People don't respect what they're taking. Hell, they don't even respect it at all let alone know anything about them. Dealers selling mushrooms for high prices to get fucked up off of. There are so many people who do them just because they can't get weed or LSD. I can accept some dealing, but not when a dealer doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1215830 - 01/13/03 07:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

let them spend their night of laying in the corner with an odd group of people and an odd musical selection and maybe they'll see the light eventually :smile:

Just try and subtley hint about how profound they can be whenever your friends bring them up - that's what I do anyway, and a couple friends have recently realized the almost infinite depth of this experience :smile:

Good luck to you and them

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/13/03 07:06 PM)

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
    #1215870 - 01/13/03 07:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Apparently this is a common problem for people who love the mushies enough to dedicate a little time to learning about them.

My biggest pet peeve is when I'm trying to educate people, and they try to crack jokes about it. They make themselves look like complete idiots, and they walk away thinking they made themselves look cool.

Sometimes I just want to slap the piss out of them and say "you're not in 7th grade anymore you immature ignorant fuck!".....But then I'd just be lowering myself to their level. I settle for telling them I don't think they're ready for mushrooms,and to try drinking some cough syrup.

OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
    #1216129 - 01/13/03 10:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Crack cocaine is for them then.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1216242 - 01/14/03 12:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

true

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #1216282 - 01/14/03 01:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well... i believe that there is a solution for this kind of people! one of my friends was like "shrooms give you a spiritual experience?!?hahahahaha you watch too much television man...". This made me so angry that i gave him 48g wet pf classic to eat. the day after he said "ok...you were right!"

so don't be mad/angry! just give them 5-6g dried (or better 50-60g fresh) and send them to the outer space!

Edited by Hamurabi (01/14/03 01:20 AM)

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Hamurabi]
    #1216574 - 01/14/03 04:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

its just annoying to me because I can have this huge ass experience and I have a friend who also knows someone that just did a massive grow and he got an ounce for free:

him : dude I ate a quarter yesterday and go so fucked up it wasnt funny, it was almost out of hand.

me: when did you do them?

him: lunchtime yesterday, dude you should have seen me I could barely walk.

I dont care that he is using them to "get fucked up" I care that he doesnt seen the full effect on how awesome of an experience it can be when done by the way I believe they should be done. From the way he talks, even on a quarter he seems to have only scratched the surface. but then again hes kinda shady so he could just be lying about the whole thing.

anyway, that transcription is the reason that sparked this post.

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #1216826 - 01/14/03 05:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

give them a crazy dose and MAKE it a mystical journey!

that'll show'em

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1217468 - 01/14/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think mushroom's are pretty much what you make them...Although I tend to lean on the spirtual path, alot of my friends love eating mushroom's and drinking whiskey, that's when stuff get's crazy, and I alway's end up sitting back and chilling, well chilling and laughing at the fool's they make of themselve's....

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #1217969 - 01/14/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my friends are mostly the same

But they recognize me being spiritual with Shrooms and Acid.. and they dont insult me about it or anything. i manage to get them to look at alot of things my way

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1217993 - 01/14/03 12:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

sometimes those people can only describe what they felt as "fucked up" because the words to describe just arent there, they know what they felt but its all so new.

other times I would say that some people dont want to talk about it, they dont want to be the butt of a joke, almost as if their friends had set them up to be a big bullshitter about some "spiritual journey".

That, I would say, is mostly just a fear issue.

otherwise, its just the sheer magnitude of it all,

we gottah remember how powerfull these things are, nobody can deny it.

then again, there are just morons out there....

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: ODhaze]
    #1218495 - 01/14/03 03:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Why does someone have to have a spiritual experence for mushrooms to be worthwhile?
Is there something so wrong with taking them for a good time?
Thats like saying opaites should only be used for pain relief and never recerational use or saying DVD players shouldn't be used for playing CD's

I'm not saying that you can't find something spirtual in shrooms but there is nothing wrong with having a good time with them either.

Why judge people for this? I mean if they mock you for it then their assholes but you can't tell people that they can't use them for fun, just because you see them as some spiritual sacrament doesn't mean every once else should

--------------------
--------------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1218565 - 01/14/03 04:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I feel you man, but what I have done, is rather than keeping the mushrooms from them, I try to encourage mushroom use (giving away free shrooms, etc) in hopes of breakthrough experiences, that produce noticeable change. I have seen people who are typically callous become compassionate, and full of love. Get your friends to do strong doses, and use their altered state of conciousness to communicate principles to them. 90% of the time they will listen and understand.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #1220003 - 01/15/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Why does someone have to have a spiritual experence for mushrooms to be worthwhile?
Is there something so wrong with taking them for a good time?
Thats like saying opaites should only be used for pain relief and never recerational use or saying DVD players shouldn't be used for playing CD's

I by no means think that everyone HAS to have a spiritual experience, its just that its annoying to me because my experiences with it are very profound and they take twice the normal dosage I do and have yet to experience the full power of it, spiritual or not. I asked my friend what he felt on his 1/4 ounce shroom journey and he said he was so fucked up he couldnt move. I can get that way drinking a bottle of liqour. He reported to me that he really only had a few visuals such as the walls breathing and so on.

im just saying I wish my friends could see the full effects (visions, ego death, melting, ect) , yet they just take them on the whim like taking shots of tequila.... as long as they dont have anything to do in the next few hours you can do them anywhere and anytime. Meanwhile I spend all day fasting for it and get blasted out of the universe.

oh well I guess as long as they are having fun doing it, I cant really argue.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1220702 - 01/15/03 08:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Reminding people to CLOSE THEIR EYES for a while may assist them in achieving something a bit deeper than they may realize is possible

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1221389 - 01/15/03 12:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Psychedelic drugs can be very fascinating, but they can definately be a lot of fun too.

I think the majority of people who go on about using them spiritualy just do this as an excuse. They've convinced themselves that their only purpose is exploration, but deep down, the real desire is that pure euphoria.

The fun experiences can be therapeutic. It's a different kind of pleasure than the kind you get from alcohol, opiates, or cocaine. It's an emotional feeling. It certainly feels spiritual, but I think a lot of people confuse their desire for the emotional euphoria for a desire for spiritual enlightenment.

Psychedelics make me laugh, they make me think of the world in a completely different way. I can see the humour in all situations. My mind thinks in a different way, I find myself thinking more about the nature of reality, and of human nature. These are things I normally ponder, but I often feel a new kind of understanding while on mushrooms or LSD.

At the same time, I do it for fun though. I almost always have some of the most wonderful, exciting, giggly, loving times when I trip. There's nothing wrong with that.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Phluck]
    #1221432 - 01/15/03 12:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This may seem painfully obvious, but that's because most of us here are cultivators.

The biggest thing that I have noticed is that growers seem to have the deepest appreciation for mushrooms, while casual/average shrooms users (usually) don't have this respect. I was once a casual user, and I don't think that there is too much wrong with that. I used shrooms to get fucked up a few times. I'm at a point now, however, where I'm within 2 weeks of seeing my first ever fruits, and I'm not sure I'm going to even eat any mushrooms. I feel that I'm at a point in my life where there is nothing that I need answered, and nothing that the shrooms can really tell me. Then again, maybe this is a perfect time to eat mushrooms, because I feel a bit carefree, and I could open my mind to a whole new level that I never thought possible.

I also agree with immaculate . . . we must remember that as individual as each person is, so must be his/her experiences/attitudes/dersires when it comes to mushrooms. As we accept diversity between people, why should we not accept their drug preferences?

Anyway this wasn't supposed to be so long. Basic idea: remember that in most situations, it takes growing mushrooms to gain the deep and vast respect for them that many of us feel. Remember that when you're frustrated with someone who just doesn't see things the same way you do.

Edit - this shouldn't have been addressed to phluck; rather it should have been addressed to the creator of the post.

--------------------
ha

Edited by shroominbloom (01/15/03 12:24 PM)

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1221742 - 01/15/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

whoa this thread actaully came to a reasonable and true conclusion without a huge argument on whos a moron and whos not.

after hearing everyones opinions I guess it truly is to each his own.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1222065 - 01/15/03 05:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Some people just can't accept the fact that they  can provide a spiritual experience. I think that people who don't see it after a healthy dose, are idiots, and the people who take a fourth and say "They fucked me up" are just stupid and should take more. I think they're just scared to see themselves for what they really are (morons). The next person I encounter who says they got fucked up on a low dose will get a kick in the ass followed by the prying open of their 3rd eye with a dose of 5 dried grams!

'I went to Astroworld and had a really bad time.'..................Fucking moron.  :mad:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (01/15/03 05:40 PM)

Anonymous

#1222093 - 01/15/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Spiritual? I don't believe in god.

Shrooms are boring to me. I have schizophrenia though.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #1222853 - 01/16/03 04:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What do mushrooms mean to you??
Spiritual tool
Something used for fun
Both the above

:smirk: 

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Bilge]
    #1222896 - 01/16/03 04:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Als antwoord op:

here here!!! what i hate is spiritual snobbery, the "my way or no way" mentality.

Me 2.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineDr. Slavic
enthusiast
    #1222902 - 01/16/03 04:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Spiritual?? WTF do you mean by spiritual?? I have never understood that. On acid I have a great time and feel as if I am improving my mind but I dont know if its spiritual. If you mean beleiving nonsense like gods and that b.s.(please take offense j/k) then I am not spiritual at all on any substance. If you mean improving your morals and thoughts then I'm all for that. But why not have fun and laugh about the things you can't change in this world. It seems like most of you here think you have to be as serious as possible while tripping. That ruins the trip. Trust me try laughing at some of the shit in the world you find wrong. It helps a lot. If your like me you think about this world when tripping. I think most others do to. Like sometimes I can see the beuty(Spellings wrong I know) of nature. Other times I think about what humans do to this planet(destroying it) but if I'm serious about it they destroy me too. Why the hell should I give the ones who destroy that much more power. and have more confidence in yourselves. Most of you seem like you need a group to follow and thats why you feel like your friends should think like you. If you truly believe your way of thinking is better then laugh at the fools who don't care about anything but themselves and how they look to others. Believe me Laughter is the best medicine. I'm not saying don't try to show them psychedelics can help them just don't try so hard it effects you. And the time will come when they will understand. Its best to trip only with one person if your trying to help that person see the benefits of tripping. Then they feel less pressure to make jokes and impress their peers that way. And don't laugh at there jokes when your with them or you just add fuel to the fire.

OfflineDr. Slavic
enthusiast
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Murex]
    #1222921 - 01/16/03 05:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Murex. Man I just ate 1 gram of shrooms and I'm fucked up!!! I MEAN FUCKED UP!!! Like you know FUCKED UP!!! You know on a low dose!!

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1223761 - 01/16/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Spiritual? I don't believe in god.

Shrooms are boring to me. I have schizophrenia though.

you dont have to believe in god to be spiritual... i can hardly associate the two, unless god means something more than some political religious cult that's nothing more than a common misconception perpetuated by the man to further the hierarchial society in which we live

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1223769 - 01/16/03 11:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

light them up a whole bowls worth of salvia 10x... wait until their hard-headed naive minds begin to submerge into the world of salvia, and run away to leave them alone and fend for themselves. even better, do it in the middle of an interstate. teach those fuckers. it'll give them a new meaning to the phrase "kick me in the fucking ass, please"

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Dr. Slavic]
    #1224387 - 01/16/03 04:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Nah, you just want my 5 grams.  :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Murex]
    #4838196 - 10/22/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know some people that have dropped acid before and done many psychedelics and when I try to start discussion about the spiritual/mystical part of the expereince or consciousness they look at me like I'm speaking in Spanish.
I was once on an eighth once at a friend's house and a friend asked me, "why do you have your walkman with you?"

I just hate the reactions people give you when you try to explain to them the many purposes of taking mushrooms. Being 18, I can agree that most teens take them just to get 'fuked up!'. This does piss me off. And all they want to do is eat 1.7g too, I don't get it. They describe trips to me that sound like level 4's and on the same mushies i never get more than a 3. posers in my opinion.

Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Guerrilla0726]
    #4838396 - 10/22/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think most people who just describe a trip as "being fucked up" are just exhibiting their inability to comprehend what is happening to them in a trip. lets face it, a lot of people simply don't have the mental capacity to wrap their mind around the concepts you are presented with during a trip. they dont have the mental capacity to wrap their mind around things such as simple algebra even, so what would you expect them to say when they trip? they just can't get it...

OfflineDeviate
    #4838565 - 10/22/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

aguynameddan said:
Damn I find it so freakin annoying when all my friends who can get or have tried shrooms are like, yeah I got so fucked up off of it or this and that.... treating it like weed or alcohol.

NOthing annoys me more then how my other friends who tried them use them as something to get fucked up with, it seems like im the only one who thinks of a trip as a mystical thing that shouldnt be taken for recreation but for a journey of the mind.

i get annoyed when people like you class weed in with alcohol as just a thing to get fucked up. there is so much you can learn from a marijuana high.

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Deviate]
    #4838609 - 10/22/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I love how people treat psychedelics as a way to "get fucked up". I think it all stems from the fact that they are labelled "hallucinogens", everyone thinks they just make you "see shit" "trip balls" and just get really messed up, turn your brain to mush etc etc.

Psychedelic means "mind manifesting". And that is exactly what happens when you use them. I don't see how anyone who has ever taken shrooms can deny that they are spiritual/mystical or of divine power. But I guess not everyone can see the light.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: heavensgate]
    #4838649 - 10/22/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know if any of you realized this, but guerilla here appears to be a necromancer...

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4840748 - 10/23/05 09:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

For those of you who have the mental capacity to explain the depths of alterations which your mind goes through from shrooms but DON'T know what necromancer means:
"one who practices magic or sorcery"

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4840831 - 10/23/05 09:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In this case, it means raising the dead. This thread is over a year old man.  :crazy:

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #4841110 - 10/23/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if you didn't call it i was gonna. did you already know that word or did you learn it from icp?

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4841206 - 10/23/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

oh..... am I not supposed to do that?i post on threads from like '03
you shouldn't midn because rahter than starting new threads all the time I just use the "Search posts" or I look at "Related Threads" at the bottom.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #4841575 - 10/23/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well, it's like talking to someone who left the conversation years ago. they did a study recently and found out it is ok to start new threads.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4842053 - 10/23/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, we don't mind people starting new threads, people only get annoyed when that same question is answered in 3 other posts on the same page, or if it's such a common question, and it's been answered soo many times that there's no way a search would have missed the answer that people seem to get irritated about every now and then.

Offlinesic_zim85
Bach's Bitch

Loc: Brainsville
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: StickyWater]
    #4842316 - 10/23/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

People who take shrooms as a fun/party drug deserve to lose their sanity. If you can't see the light in them then you deserve the downside of it all. Although I do not wish a loss of sanity on any one but if you want to play with powers great than you (poking the bear) then go ahead, we have/will warned you...

-ERik

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: sic_zim85]
    #4842345 - 10/23/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sic_zim85 said:
People who take shrooms as a fun/party drug deserve to lose their sanity. If you can't see the light in them then you deserve the downside of it all. Although I do not wish a loss of sanity on any one but if you want to play with powers great than you (poking the bear) then go ahead, we have/will warned you...

-ERik

Warning duely noted.
However, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SUPERNATURAL POWERS. I will never be able to "see the light in them", because I'm of the firm opionion that the light doesn't exist.

I do, by the way, still have my sanity.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4844568 - 10/24/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What a bland existence you must live.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineCloud_Skipper
Loc: UK
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: heavensgate]
    #4844637 - 10/24/05 04:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

heavensgate said:
I don't see how anyone who has ever taken shrooms can deny that they are spiritual/mystical or of divine power. But I guess not everyone can see the light.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Cloud_Skipper]
    #4844883 - 10/24/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldnt have seen this post is it wasnt resurected, so i thank you necromancer ape commando.

i couldnt get the vote to work... anyhow i have pals that look at it different ways, some for fun and others for fun/thinking about life and working out things

its all good

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Offlineriby
Stranger
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #4844983 - 10/24/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SnuffelzFurever said:
light them up a whole bowls worth of salvia 10x... wait until their hard-headed naive minds begin to submerge into the world of salvia, and run away to leave them alone and fend for themselves. even better, do it in the middle of an interstate. teach those fuckers. it'll give them a new meaning to the phrase "kick me in the fucking ass, please"

yeah, like hucking text books at people and expect them to learn physics :P

i think for my self psilocybin is best used alone, but i thik its neet to do around people, in a small group, or being the onlyone in a bar. but im really a self consious person and well often find the bar scene fucked, it's sooooo suface, but that alc for ya.

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: swampthing]
    #4845252 - 10/24/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 03:38 PM)

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #4845709 - 10/24/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WildCardsRevenge said:
I'm not saying that you can't find something spirtual in shrooms but there is nothing wrong with having a good time with them either.

Why judge people for this? I mean if they mock you for it then their assholes but you can't tell people that they can't use them for fun, just because you see them as some spiritual sacrament doesn't mean every once else should

i couldnt of said it better myself. :thumbup:

you all are fake ass "pyschonauts" if you cant respect other peoples reasons to trip.

u know whats even worse then people saying "man i was so fucked up"? Its people saying, "I sought for enlightenment and thus found it within my soul and shall for ever be happy because I ate some magic mushrooms! ARENT I SPECIAL!"

Thats good for you, shrooms tend to do that often. We all know certain indian tribes used shrooms for religious ritual, but a big use of them in many of the tribes was recreationally. They would take them before ceremonies and feasts and talk about theyre hallucinations and how they were feeling during and after the trip. So shrooms arent just for spiritual enlightenment and all that hocus pocus mysticism. They've been used thousands of years as a drug and a "fruit of knowledge", lol.

So respect peoples use of shrooms.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4845973 - 10/24/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i only care what people do with *my babies* that i grew with love and care. hahahaha. to each his own. i've found you can't pass on your experience to others really, if they aren't in the same mindset as you are, you're not going to get them to "see" and "feel" what you do.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4846064 - 10/24/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

reading through this thread there seems to be some slight variations in opinions and feelings about the frivilous ingestion of these sacred teachers. i'm of the same opinion as most of you here and i personally approach these teachers with honor and respect now, although this was not always the case. i'm in my 30's now and had my first psychedelic experiences in my early teens. i first attemted to grow shrooms at the age of 17 and was busted by the MOM. nevertheless my intrest and curiosity never waivered for a moment. even back then i was having mystical experiences with LSD and Psilocybin while the people i had ingested it with were not. i couldn't figure this out???? this lead to study shamanism and religion for the last decade and a half. you know how it's said that the mushrooms speak? in fact they do ,as many of you have discovered, when you listen. on one occasion these wonderful teachers let it be known to me that many are being used as vessels, by that i mean that there are those of us who understand what to do with them. there are those who grow them and sell them and those that give them away freely. these people are vessels and without them many people would never have the opportunity to have such experiences. i know that it's annoying to see people carry on like fools after eating mushrooms & other entheogens. showing no respect. why do we get so frustrated by that? it's because we understand how they work to some degree. we understand the benefits. and we've been chosen to help others understand. sometimes thats not easy though. just lead by example thats all that is required of you. trust me there are seeds being planted in some of those fools who will evntually understand and some wont. something else that was made known to me is that mushrooms have many different effects in various doses. taken in small amounts daily as a dietary supplement can raise ones level of intuition, and various other senses (1/5 of a grm doses 3 X a day for 15-30days). as many of you know that when smoking DMT you must get enough in your lungs in a short window of time for it to take effect. this is also true with mushrooms (also a tryptamine). Terrance Mckenna wrote about this. When taken in doses 5 grms and higher the mushrooms will exhibit extraordinary properties. In order to witness these effects one must block out all other forms of sensory input (i.e. sensory depravation). doing the mushrooms in this manner and with fasting and sexual abstinance, this is when the teachers will make their appearance. People should never play around with the "flesh of God". there's a reason the Aztecs refered to the mushrooms as God's flesh.
on a lighter note how many of you are familiar with Dr. Masaru Emoto and his research? I'm wondering how our thoughts may affect the structure of the water we use to grow our fungi and if we could observe noticeable differences.
i hope i haven't sounded like a presumtuous asshole here. I just have a very close relationship with these teachers and i've battled the same frustration as some of you when it comes how they are consumed in a way that i don't agree with. but hey many are called and few are chosen.

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4847104 - 10/24/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't say that we're "chosen", but i totally agree with you.

Quote:

trippibri said:
i only care what people do with *my babies* that i grew with love and care. hahahaha. to each his own. i've found you can't pass on your experience to others really, if they aren't in the same mindset as you are, you're not going to get them to "see" and "feel" what you do.

I feel the same way. That's why i only trip with people whom i know are in the same mind set as me. That makes tripping much simpler, and much more enjoyable.

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

#4847221 - 10/24/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i guess chosen sounds cheesey. but for some reason ,and maybe i'm just a delusional space poatato by now, i get the feeling that there are lets say unusual forces at work when it comes to these mushrooms? i also see these "forces" working in my life. small miracles and very odd occurances on a regular basis. all the peoples lives that i have had the honor to touch and heal in some instances. all by coincidence i would suppose??? hell after smoking DMT a few times i'm not sure what the hell is real and what isn't. all just an illusion? a projection of the mind? LOL. or are we workers like the ones i see on DMT?? i'm confused now? LOL LOL!

--------------------

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: fungusflip]
    #4847262 - 10/24/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

my friends use the 'it fucked me up' phrase too so we actually made a deal (4 or 5 people and i) to set up a mini mushrooms community where we all grow for the group. no selling, just giving, enjoying, and appreciating. it has actually worked out remarkably and i would highly recomend expanding this style. for some reason everyone in the group now greatly appreciates the fungi and use them more spiritually than as a party drug.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: fungusflip]
    #4847305 - 10/24/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fungusflip said:
on a lighter note how many of you are familiar with Dr. Masaru Emoto and his research? I'm wondering how our thoughts may affect the structure of the water we use to grow our fungi and if we could observe noticeable differences.

He is one of the scientists who is studying moeluclar changes due to certain thought exposures, yes? I believe i saw that in "What the bleep do we know". personally im convinced that it is true, ive been giving my mushrooms much more attention now with music and putting them in more friendly places at all times and i have been having significantly more positive trips. maybe its placebo, but atleast the trips are outstanding :thumbup:

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: BorgFace]
    #4847378 - 10/24/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BorgFace said:
What a bland existence you must live.

Absolutely not.

I have pychedelics to entertain me.:lol: :mushroom2:
I understand that their effects are caused by chemical reactions in the brain and therefore are not magical. :2cents:

I do not have to believe in magic or god or whatever to feel wonderful or have a full life.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #4850795 - 10/25/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

most people do just see it as "being fucked up", they have yet to expierence such a powerful trip, that is why.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4855805 - 10/26/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes. It is chemicals in the brain.
But, is that all that experience is made of? Chemicals? Electrical potentials? Yes, psychedelic experience is chemical experience, but so is ALL experience. Dismissing the experience of tripping in such a way, one would think, would lead to a complete dismissal of ALL existence as chemical. And, if that's what one has decided, why give up the search there. That's pretty amazing!
Magic is simply a thing that seems impossible from one perspective.
Mushrooms and other chemicals lead to experiences that I would have thought impossible before I took them. In that respect, they are magical. But, magical is a stupid word.
Mushrooms and other psychedelics are amazing tools. They can really show you the right path (and everyone's path is different), and most importantly, they can show you what is HERE (some say "beyond", but it really is here). With salvia, I was blasted out beyond my ego into the void where every component of existence dissolved. Of course, my explanation does not even go one step toward communicating what actually occured. In fact, I cannot even begin to understand or remember the experience in its full glory. That's because i was thrown out there without being prepared to absorb what happened. But, although I wasn't prepared, I was moved to prepare myself so that I might be able to understand better and to share that.
So, you can't expect to understand everything from tripping, but it surely can begin the process, and in the right hands and much patience and time, perhaps one can get to much deeper levels of understanding.
If one has tripped hard, it is hard to believe that their concepts of "reality" and "self" haven't changed at all.
Probably the best thing we can do if we want people to understand the full potential of these substances, is to treat them with respect and talk about their potential and change people's minds. Give them away, and explain to them why it isn't something you sell. If I think I figure something out that's really amazing, I will tell my friends and try to have them experience the same thing. It's one thing to respect other's beliefs, but if you really feel like you've found out something amazing, I think it is natural to want other people to see that. Not out of pride, but out of compassion and the want to communicate with people on a deep level.

Edited by nycomyco (10/26/05 05:50 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: nycomyco]
    #4856913 - 10/26/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't mean to say that the psychedelic experience is anything other than amazing, but I just expressed my views as to its reality. The concepts that someone conceives while under the influence are merely other versions of what we have learned through life experiences. The "trip" just helps our brain to make new pathways to understanding those concepts. If one believes in certain things, a mushroom trip will help to make it concrete or help to understand other points of views that one might not have wanted to acknowledge. I believe that my psychedelic journeys have helped me to understand things the way I do. It's not that I have ignored some entity who is speaking to me, it's just that I have realized that the entity is my own psyche.

I also realize through the use of mushrooms that if I am looking for purpose, all I have to do is look around at what we do every day. Interacting with each other and enjoying life is what it's all about. Having a blast on mushrooms is part of that experience.

--------------------

Offlineexleafing
Stranger
    #4856938 - 10/26/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
I didn't mean to say that the psychedelic experience is anything other than amazing, but I just expressed my views as to its reality. The concepts that someone conceives while under the influence are merely other versions of what we have learned through life experiences. The "trip" just helps our brain to make new pathways to understanding those concepts. If one believes in certain things, a mushroom trip will help to make it concrete or help to understand other points of views that one might not have wanted to acknowledge. I believe that my psychedelic journeys have helped me to understand things the way I do. It's not that I have ignored some entity who is speaking to me, it's just that I have realized that the entity is my own psyche.

I also realize through the use of mushrooms that if I am looking for purpose, all I have to do is look around at what we do every day. Interacting with each other and enjoying life is what it's all about. Having a blast on mushrooms is part of that experience.

:thumbup:

--------------------
i am leafing.. the original account was stolen

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: exleafing]
    #4857234 - 10/26/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why do you have to hate me because I love to trip balls? Recreational it is for me! I love to just grub some sroomdogs and buckle my seat belt and go along for the ride. Yes it is spiritually enlightening, but why not have fun at the same time? Why not eat them to have fun and enjoy the spiritual enlightening?

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: TheHook]
    #4863329 - 10/28/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHook said:
Quote:

fungusflip said:

He is one of the scientists who is studying moeluclar changes due to certain thought exposures, yes? I believe i saw that in "What the bleep do we know". personally im convinced that it is true, ive been giving my mushrooms much more attention now with music and putting them in more friendly places at all times and i have been having significantly more positive trips. maybe its placebo, but atleast the trips are outstanding :thumbup:

assuming DR.Emotos work is legit.
what i'm curious about, and maybe we can start a new thread on this experiment, is what might happen if one were to tape certain words ,perhaps even mantras or prayers to the jars of water one would use in their substrate. or even to the outside of a pf cake or 1 gallon jar with spawn in it? to the fruiting containers even? hmmm. i say a medicine mantra over my fruits to eliminate boundaries between the medicine and the one using it. seems to be effective in many ways.

--------------------

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

#4863363 - 10/28/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:

i completely concur! well said!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate