Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlueGene
Loc: Upper Midwest
First shroom experiance...
    #625342 - 05/03/02 01:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So my friend has a question:
I'm setting up my first shroom tripping experiance on a camping trip this summer. I'm going to trip with my two sisters, we have a really good group vibe thing, I think it's going to awsome. My question is we have the first option of taking the shrooms the first day of our camping trip when it would just be the three of us. The advantage would be we're all very comfortable with each other and I know no one is going to try and do some dumb ass shit like try and scare each other. Second option is taking them on the second night when six other people would be there, no one else would be tripping but I doubt anyone is going to be sober. Advantage of this is we would have people to look out for us if we did freak out. Thing is I think at least one of us may have a bad trip this way. So which is better, the risk of no suppervision or the risk of not-so-cool people messing with us? I know some of you long time trippers may think this is alot of planning but it's not easy to corodinate all our scheduals and we're planning the adventure out now. Any comments welcome!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: First shroom experiance... [Re: BlueGene]
    #625575 - 05/03/02 11:15 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

In your place, I would take them the first day rather than the second. I would probably consume them as the sun was just starting to set. Be sure that you have taken care of everything you are going to need for the next six hours or so. It is no fun, and very difficult, to get up in the middle of a trip and go gather firewood or fill the water bottle. Be sure you have places that you can lie back and look at the stars.... truely amazing. If you are worried about having a bad trip, just take a lower dose. If you have never tripped on anything before I would stick to the 1-1.5g range. If you have had experience with similiar drugs then I would go up to maybe 3g max depending upon body weight. If anybody starts to get worried, just remind them that whatever happens, iit will all be over by the time the sun comes up in the morning. Whatever you decide, make sure the group is comfortable with it. Oh, you will probably also want to be sure everybody has a light blanket to wrap up in while the trip comes on, if needed. My friend always get chilled after eating until the trip kicks in and I have heard others report the same.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #625612 - 05/03/02 12:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Read "lobo's trip tips"
In the trip tip forum

--------------------

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
Re: First shroom experiance... [Re: LOBO]
    #625618 - 05/03/02 12:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If it's not sober 'cause of alcohol, I'd say go with them the first day (unless you're all taking large doses, then I suppose it may be good to have other people around). I just don't like tripping around drunk people... more often than not they're gonna keep asking you if you're tripping, and at least one of them is gonna think it's funny to mess with you. I dunno I never really freak out, but when somebody thinks jumping out from behind something is gonna be a funny thing to do to somebody tripping it pisses me off.

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #625786 - 05/03/02 04:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That's a no brainer for me, tripping around drunks or any non-trippers for that matter, SUCKS!! Definately do them the first night and you will have an amazing time. If you are all first timers then take it easy, just do 1.5 grams or maybe a little more but even at this low dose you will get a glimpse of what tripping is all about and you'll have a great time laughing your ass off and exploring nature. Have fun.

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: First shroom experiance... [Re: Seuss]
    #625795 - 05/03/02 04:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Your friend is like my friend Seuss. I agree totally with everything you said and especially about having a blanket handy.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #625812 - 05/03/02 04:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Do them the first night, shrooms are much better with people you are close to.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience