Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #867603 - 09/06/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

LSD or acid that is on the market today is pure crap. Maybe one needs to take 4 or 5 hits to experience anything remotely resembling the LSD that I took in the early to mid 70's. Ive done acid in the 80's and 90's and found it to be crap. Speedy bullshit poser acid. Most, if not all of you have never done REAL LSD.
You'd probably shit your pants if you did.  :shocked:

Bullfrog1

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMechanicalMan
Stranger

Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #867872 - 09/06/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, because none of us have ever taken more than one hit of acid.  :tongue:
What else do you want to tell us? That you had to walk to school in ten feet of snow barefoot and that cheeseburgers used to cost nickel? Acid being weaker now just means that you have to take more of it if you want the same effects. Big fucking deal?putting 5 pieces of paper in my mouth instead of 1.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: MechanicalMan]
    #867874 - 09/06/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I agree 100%. I ate 5 hits as a starting point back in the day and it certainly was as strong as a single hit in the 70's. Just chalk up having to buy multiple hits to inflation.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #2228450 - 01/08/04 01:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Gee, thanks for sharing.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinexchompxonxthisx
Stranger
    #2237824 - 01/12/04 08:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ive never done acid but i agree with the person who talked about takin ur shoes off and walkin around in grass when i do shrooms i feel so happy and at peace with the world like i know why i was put on the earth or somethin i rember my friend was mad about something but he found out it was all a joke and he was so relieved and just by looking at him i felt the exact same he was i felt sooo happy i felt pure joy like nothing ive ever felt ive never been so happy and i agree with acid bear the visuals are very cartoony and everything has so much more texture an example of cartoony is i was starin at this girls boob and it grew sooooo big

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: xchompxonxthisx]
    #2238107 - 01/12/04 10:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I read through this noticing a lot of people mentioning how shrooms arent as mental and more of a visual trip with less focus on mind loads and cyclic thought patterns. I find completely the opposite in my personal experiences. Sometimes I have shrooms trips where nothing looks visually abnormal but my thought patters are so off the wall I follow a train of thought and end up thinking something I would have never normally thought of. Shrooms make me feel like im trying to figure out a question but I cant think of what the question is and its a continual loop where every few minutes on some bad trips ill catch myself thinking "wait! what!?" and looping that

dunno

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: ShroomyMcPot] * 1
    #2238658 - 01/13/04 08:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms teach you about life on earth and what it is to be human.
Acid teaches you about the universe and what it is to be a spirit.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Ginseng]
    #2239812 - 01/13/04 04:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There is no way to describe in words the difference between the two... but whatever here's my shot.  Of course, this is my experience with these two drugs, and your milage may vary.

Shroom trips are normally accompanied by more unpleasant physical side effects (body load, lethargic feeling, feel "flimsy") than acid.  As far as the trip... shrooms have less euphoria, but more of a sense of profound awe/wonder... like you're heavily at peace with everything.  The visuals seem to come and go, and to be honest I really have NEVER gotten completely mindblowing visuals from shrooms.  The visuals on shrooms are kind of blurry, and hard to make out.  I normally have most insights when I am past the peak, and in the midst of the beautiful comedown. 

Speaking of which, the comedown on shrooms is far more gentle than acid.  With shrooms it fades out nicely, leaving you with a nice mental afterglow, but with acid (LSA too) it leaves me feeling sort of all cracked out... like I just went through something that is definitely *not* good for the body or brain. 

It's kind of hard to describe the difference in the way the trip FEELS between the two.  I once heard someone say "If shrooms feel like the earth, acid feels like candy" generally I agree with this.  There is much more energy with an LSD trip, and it is MUCH more euphoric than shrooms.  Acid is recreational trippin' at it's best.  This doesn't mean it has less potential though!  I enjoy LSD much more than mushrooms but they are both incredible amazing lifechanging experiences.  Acid is much less introspective/contemplative for me than shrooms, but that may change when I get more experience.  I'm very inexperienced with LSD. (Done it once)

Visuals on acid are THE SHIT.  I have only tried a low dose one time and I completely understood the hype around LSD's visuals after that.  They are fucking amazing.  While shrooms have blurrier, indistinct visuals, on acid, it's razor sharp, crystal clear, and it's RIGHT there.  Sort of hard to explain.  Like, I took two hits of blotter (weak) probably about 80-100mcg in total, and I was getting some visuals that were better than my high dose shroom trips.  Letters on street signs were rotating as if they had a Y-Axis in 3D, for example.  That kind of stuff just DOESN'T happen with mushrooms. (for me...)

Anyway, I hope I helped... but to really know the difference, you need to trip on both!  :smile:

Heh 

Happy trippin'  :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by the free thinker (01/13/04 04:50 PM)

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: the free thinker]
    #2241106 - 01/14/04 08:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think what we can tell from these posts is that people experience these drugs in different ways! This is probably true for psychadelics more so than for other drugs like alcohol, coke etc.

For me, I've done acid once and it was possibly the worst experience of my life (my own fault; bad setting), yet I still got a lot from it. It put some things into perspective, and I must say helped to change me for the better. The visuals were undeniably in a different league from mushrooms, but mentally I found it too strong. I got caught in this paranoid thought cycle which I just got deeper and deeper into, became really embarressed and irrataional. Also I disliked the un-natural, speedy side of it; the teeth-grinding etc.

But shrooms, I found them to be rooted in nature. I think they are at their best enjoyed in the countryside, not in an urban environment. I just feel so happy. Completely different from acid (although I appreciate my acid trip wasn't exactly a "good trip!").

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: mr_kite]
    #2241124 - 01/14/04 08:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have never done acid, but I noticed alot of people saying that they have never had mind-blowing visuals on shrooms and only on acid. I have had some crazy fuckin visuals, crystal clear right infront of my eyes there is no escape from them. There's no doubt in my mind that shrooms give some incredible visuals, it probably just depends on the person, and if not that probably just the potency or species.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: mr_kite]
    #2241125 - 01/14/04 08:49 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

acid is electricity shrooms are jello

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinebeam
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2242436 - 01/14/04 06:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm going to have to try acid sometime because i have had pretty good visuals off shrooms, and i thought they gave the best visuals.

i've noticed with shrooms once you get to a certain level, the visuals just apear to stay in the same spot. Like there would be geometric patterns everywhere in my house, every wall and they would be different. And i would come back 15 minutes later from being somewhere else and they are in the exact same spot and look exactly the same. Or an object will be changing colours, changing shape or patterns and i would come back later it would be doing the exact same thing as before.

I hear acid isn't like this, like you have to stare at something. But then again on mushrooms you have to do this too sometimes.

Shrooms also seem to fuck with my ears, balance and sometimes and breathing feels different. This seems to compare a bit to mdma, i have felt similar feelings with the 2.

Is it possible that acid visuals on objects act on a 3D basis and and shroom visuals on objects act on a 2D basis. Like light is perceived differently with the 2.

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. *DELETED* [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #4676919 - 09/18/05 07:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: snuggle

Edited by Lakefingers (09/18/05 02:56 PM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Lakefingers]
    #4677050 - 09/18/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: ]
    #4677579 - 09/18/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

for me, mushrooms are much more a learning experience and "in touch" with all nature. i usually reach ego loss much more easily than with lsd, but with less visuals. much more bright oranges and reds etc. more geometric shapes in the dark, with more CEVs.

lsd is much more visual to me than mushrooms. the body high is about equivilant to mush, except i feel i can control myself much more on lsd. things seem "fluid or liquid" and lasts much longer(about 8 hours+) on lsd as opposed to about 4-5 hours on mush.

hope that helps

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #4677601 - 09/18/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

also, heres a good thing to try, try a few hits of good acid, and an eighth of good mush, u will not regret it, also eat a vitamin c pill and u will up the visuals(for me). u will get the earthy peace of the mush, and the crazy visuals of the lsd.

o yea, sorry i couldnt figure out how to edit

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4677617 - 09/18/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SurwinMaxawow said:
In reply to shroom_assassin's analogy: >>>>>
lsd is like having every particle in your body blown across the universe
shrooms is like being stuck in a cave for the rest of your life

This is what I have found (take it with a grain of salt).
The only time I feel "stuck" like you described it, while on shrooms, is when I have been living in a mode in life where I am not very well centered with my own inner peace...which is spiritual freedom in my book. Like when I am living each day chasing stupid things around, and just in that addictive cycle. Those are the times when I will trip that I will feel STUCK. And in reality, on a spiritual level, I am stuck.
I have learned that it all has to do with the level of inner peace I have at the time I trip, and how lined up I am spiritually. When I am in tune and lined up right, I always have the most rewarding and adventurous trips. But when I am living my life just sorta chasing one day or one thing to the next (like chasing a rainbow), then if I trip, I do feel trapped. True freedom is found within.
The reason you feel different from LSD, "like having every particle in your body blown across the universe", is because LSD has more potential to change certain paterns that you have inside in your spirit. It is an introspective trip which can alter who you are.....which can give you a temporary release from any spiritual prison you might be caught up in at the time.
This is just my own theory and personal observation from my own tripping experiences. So if you dont agree with me, then thats OK. I just thought I would share what I see to be true.
Peace

Thankyou for these words... Helped me out alot.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineKosher
Healthy Specimen

Loc: Northeastern US
    #4681490 - 09/19/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

LSD is a recreational drug

Shrooms are an intellectual tool

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: Kosher]
    #4681582 - 09/19/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My opinion on the matter (hehe, this thread has gotten bumped twice I noticed when I read through it all: 02-04, 04-05).

Anyway, I have yet to try LSD, but here are my thoughts on the use of mushrooms. There is one friend that I have tripped with quite a lot. Throughout our trips together, he always says he rarely got many visuals. I always get crazy as hell visuals while on shrooms though. They are just right there, and all over the place, and outta control. We have tried different psychoactive mushrooms from different genus (panaelous, psilocybe), and this has always been the case. Just with some people they effect you one way, and other people other ways.

Perhaps when I try LSD I'll be suprised with few visuals. Perhaps I'll be suprised with visuals even better than on shrooms, which I can't even comprehend at the moment...the ones I get are just so crazy. I'll look at my friend, and not be able to tell what parts of body he has. His face will be gone, part of his torso will disconnect and form a third arm. I'll look in the mirror, and my reflection will start getting distorted. My ear starts to fly off, and then my reflection starts to turn around and walk away without me (that kinda creeped me out when that happened..I looked behind me to see if I was behind myself walking away). Dunno, I can't even really explain half the stuff I see obviously, its just crazy.

Whatever the case, my point is this: Depends on the person, its different for everyone, just try it out and see for yourself. The only few consistant things I have heard about it is that there is more of an energizing, giddy, almost speedy feeling than while on mushrooms (I also hear the comment about LSD being more recreational than shrooms a nice amount too). I can't wait to give it a shot and see what happens ^^.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: Diffrence between an LSD trip and Shroom trip. [Re: MechanicalMan]
    #4682495 - 09/19/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MechanicalMan said:
Yeah, because none of us have ever taken more than one hit of acid.  :tongue:
What else do you want to tell us? That you had to walk to school in ten feet of snow barefoot and that cheeseburgers used to cost nickel? Acid being weaker now just means that you have to take more of it if you want the same effects. Big fucking deal?putting 5 pieces of paper in my mouth instead of 1.

Quote:

Speedy bullshit poser acid. Most, if not all of you have never done REAL LSD.

good job, mechanical. maybe you need some REAL lsd to squeltch that nonsensical ego there buddy. 5 hits of bullshit lsd analogs will never equal 1 hit of real LSD-25.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order