Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4850795 - 10/25/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

most people do just see it as "being fucked up", they have yet to expierence such a powerful trip, that is why.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4855805 - 10/26/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yes. It is chemicals in the brain.
But, is that all that experience is made of? Chemicals? Electrical potentials? Yes, psychedelic experience is chemical experience, but so is ALL experience. Dismissing the experience of tripping in such a way, one would think, would lead to a complete dismissal of ALL existence as chemical. And, if that's what one has decided, why give up the search there. That's pretty amazing!
Magic is simply a thing that seems impossible from one perspective.
Mushrooms and other chemicals lead to experiences that I would have thought impossible before I took them. In that respect, they are magical. But, magical is a stupid word.
Mushrooms and other psychedelics are amazing tools. They can really show you the right path (and everyone's path is different), and most importantly, they can show you what is HERE (some say "beyond", but it really is here). With salvia, I was blasted out beyond my ego into the void where every component of existence dissolved. Of course, my explanation does not even go one step toward communicating what actually occured. In fact, I cannot even begin to understand or remember the experience in its full glory. That's because i was thrown out there without being prepared to absorb what happened. But, although I wasn't prepared, I was moved to prepare myself so that I might be able to understand better and to share that.
So, you can't expect to understand everything from tripping, but it surely can begin the process, and in the right hands and much patience and time, perhaps one can get to much deeper levels of understanding.
If one has tripped hard, it is hard to believe that their concepts of "reality" and "self" haven't changed at all.
Probably the best thing we can do if we want people to understand the full potential of these substances, is to treat them with respect and talk about their potential and change people's minds. Give them away, and explain to them why it isn't something you sell. If I think I figure something out that's really amazing, I will tell my friends and try to have them experience the same thing. It's one thing to respect other's beliefs, but if you really feel like you've found out something amazing, I think it is natural to want other people to see that. Not out of pride, but out of compassion and the want to communicate with people on a deep level.

Edited by nycomyco (10/26/05 05:50 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: nycomyco]
    #4856913 - 10/26/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't mean to say that the psychedelic experience is anything other than amazing, but I just expressed my views as to its reality. The concepts that someone conceives while under the influence are merely other versions of what we have learned through life experiences. The "trip" just helps our brain to make new pathways to understanding those concepts. If one believes in certain things, a mushroom trip will help to make it concrete or help to understand other points of views that one might not have wanted to acknowledge. I believe that my psychedelic journeys have helped me to understand things the way I do. It's not that I have ignored some entity who is speaking to me, it's just that I have realized that the entity is my own psyche.

I also realize through the use of mushrooms that if I am looking for purpose, all I have to do is look around at what we do every day. Interacting with each other and enjoying life is what it's all about. Having a blast on mushrooms is part of that experience.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineexleafing
Stranger
    #4856938 - 10/26/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
I didn't mean to say that the psychedelic experience is anything other than amazing, but I just expressed my views as to its reality. The concepts that someone conceives while under the influence are merely other versions of what we have learned through life experiences. The "trip" just helps our brain to make new pathways to understanding those concepts. If one believes in certain things, a mushroom trip will help to make it concrete or help to understand other points of views that one might not have wanted to acknowledge. I believe that my psychedelic journeys have helped me to understand things the way I do. It's not that I have ignored some entity who is speaking to me, it's just that I have realized that the entity is my own psyche.

I also realize through the use of mushrooms that if I am looking for purpose, all I have to do is look around at what we do every day. Interacting with each other and enjoying life is what it's all about. Having a blast on mushrooms is part of that experience.

:thumbup:

--------------------
i am leafing.. the original account was stolen

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: exleafing]
    #4857234 - 10/26/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Why do you have to hate me because I love to trip balls? Recreational it is for me! I love to just grub some sroomdogs and buckle my seat belt and go along for the ride. Yes it is spiritually enlightening, but why not have fun at the same time? Why not eat them to have fun and enjoy the spiritual enlightening?

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
Re: why I dont want my friends to do shrooms [Re: TheHook]
    #4863329 - 10/28/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheHook said:
Quote:

fungusflip said:
on a lighter note how many of you are familiar with Dr. Masaru Emoto and his research? I'm wondering how our thoughts may affect the structure of the water we use to grow our fungi and if we could observe noticeable differences.

He is one of the scientists who is studying moeluclar changes due to certain thought exposures, yes? I believe i saw that in "What the bleep do we know". personally im convinced that it is true, ive been giving my mushrooms much more attention now with music and putting them in more friendly places at all times and i have been having significantly more positive trips. maybe its placebo, but atleast the trips are outstanding :thumbup:

assuming DR.Emotos work is legit.
what i'm curious about, and maybe we can start a new thread on this experiment, is what might happen if one were to tape certain words ,perhaps even mantras or prayers to the jars of water one would use in their substrate. or even to the outside of a pf cake or 1 gallon jar with spawn in it? to the fruiting containers even? hmmm. i say a medicine mantra over my fruits to eliminate boundaries between the medicine and the one using it. seems to be effective in many ways.

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
    #4863363 - 10/28/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:

i completely concur! well said!

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract