Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #15399288 -

Anon 14: Psychological addiction takes more than one hit to get you addicted actually, normally it's a gradual process. With that being said  psychological is nowhere near as bad as a Physical addiction.

Anon 3: Can I have some proof of this please? The whole gateway theory has been proven to be a myth multiple times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15399316 -

Anonymous #6 said:
Psychological addiction takes more than one hit to get you addicted actually



How do you figure?  If the first hit is extremely pleasurable then it will dramatically increase the chances of you thinking about using again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15399348 -

Anonymous #6 said:
Anon 14: Psychological addiction takes more than one hit to get you addicted actually, normally it's a gradual process. With that being said  psychological is nowhere near as bad as a Physical addiction.

Anon 3: Can I have some proof of this please? The whole gateway theory has been proven to be a myth multiple times.




Besides me experiencing it myself, it's a known fact that any opiate can and possibly will lead to a stronger opiate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #15399406 -

Quote:
How do you figure?  If the first hit is extremely pleasurable then it will dramatically increase the chances of you thinking about using again.




That's not an addiction though, that's doing something again because you enjoyed it the first time and you want to have some fun or relax ect. Addiction, Psychological or otherwise is DEPENDENCE on a substance, in this case opium. Doing something you enjoy again is just basic nature in all creatures. It's called Positive reinforcement and you can check out Skinner's Box for further information. There is nothing wrong with wanting to do Opium again, it's when you need it to get through your day when it becomes a problem.

And all this is why Heroin is so bad. From what I've heard Heroin is the only drug that can be addictive because it's so good. It literally fucks with your brain to the point where you need it, psychologically and physically.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15399458 -

Quote:
Besides me experiencing it myself, it's a known fact that any opiate can and possibly will lead to a stronger opiate.




Your just one example though, I know people who have taken opium and never had the urge to explore anything more. Drugs can work as an anti-gateway drug as well. Some people might try Opium and say that was good, but anything else is just too much for me. Now ofcourse it can lead to stronger opiates just like drinking one beer a day can lead to you doing 5 shots of vodka before breakfast However if you look at the stats, many people have taken opium and left it at that. Pure opium has been used for centuries without the need for anything stronger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15399758 -

Anonymous #14 said:
Anonymous #17 said:
By the way, once you're addicted to a substance, you can't use again.  Not just your drug of choice, you can't use ANYTHING ever again...or you're either going to go back to your drug of choice or substitute your addiction.  You can't drink, you can't smoke weed...it'll all lead back to the same place.



False.  I'm an ex-heroin junkie and I get by just fine smoking weed and drinking the occasional beer.  Sure, right after I quit using I drank a shitload, but just because you're susceptible to one drug doesn't mean that you can never do any other type of drug again.  Don't be ridiculous.



My bad...allow me to elaborate.  It has been my experience and those I know who are now sober...that we cannot successfully use anything anymore.  I don't really think it's too ridiculous to conceive, however.  Everyone's different, and I guess I kinda made an assumption...but everyone I know now who's sober just can't go back to doing anything.  One beer for me leads to three.  I can keep that up for a couple weeks then I either start getting shitfaced on the reg or once I'm a little buzzed I'm looking for something "else" to keep me going.  It might not happen on a regular basis, but it's a slippery slope that will eventually lead me down a long road to heroin again.

Weed...well, weed just puts me up in my head where I don't wanna be cuz when I think to much I start rationalizing my irrational behavior that inevitably leads me back to the hard drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15399776 -

Ok guys listen up...You cannot get 'addicted' to something after one hit. You may enjoy the hit, use it for a couple of weeks then get addicted but it is not like you just get grabbed by the heroin monster and forced into a lifetime of slavery for snorting a line. I mean for fucks sake some people on this site are absoloute morons...


ad·dic·tion  -  noun

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.


So to all the little queens on here pull up your skirts and fuck off with your stupid illogical bullshit. I can assure you having a line of heroin will not cause you 'severe trauma' if you decide not to use it again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6] * 1
    #15399787 -

Ok guys listen up...You cannot get 'addicted' to something after one hit. You may enjoy the hit, use it for a couple of weeks then get addicted but it is not like you just get grabbed by the heroin monster and forced into a lifetime of slavery for snorting a line. I mean for fucks sake some people on this site are absoloute morons...


ad·dic·tion  -  noun

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.


So to all the little queens on here pull up your skirts and fuck off with your stupid illogical bullshit. I can assure you having a line of heroin will not cause you 'severe trauma' if you decide not to use it again, infact reading some of the stupid shit on this site is far more likely to cause severe trauma once you realise how downright moronic some people can be.

A drug is just a drug, it is your choice whether you are going to be an idiot and choose to shoot it up for a week or so then complain how it 'got you after one hit'. It actually doesn't suprise me how many people get addicted to heroin considering the dumb responses here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #10] * 1
    #15399851 -

My definition of addiction and the way you guys see it seem to be a little different.  Addiction, in the end, has less to do with the drug in question and much more to do with your mind and the way you think.  When you take that first hit of opium, heroin, whatever...it is very possible that something is going to change in the way you think and the way you view that particular substance.  You may not go balls to wall in your addiction, but you've probably started yourself down a slippery slope.

You're thinking changes, telling you shit ain't that bad, that you don't need it.  It tells you shit wasn't that great before, and it's been like a year so it won't hurt to do it again.  This starts happening more and more often, quickly in some people...but a very slow progression for me.  Then, once you're physically addicted and can actually see that the shit sucks...it's too late, you physically need it everyday and it consumes pretty much all of your thinking.

Quote:
I can assure you having a line of heroin will not cause you 'severe trauma' if you decide not to use it again.



It won't.  I can assure you, though, that for all of the people who try a line of heroin, 90% are gonna come back sooner or later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #15399945 -

Once again, I feel like all these posters that are saying H is not a big deal are the ones that haven't had good H, haven't used even a dozen times, or are just in pure denial. I remember before I came to the conclusion that I was addicted, I was 100% sure that I was just fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #15399951 -

Anonymous #17 said:
My definition of addiction and the way you guys see it seem to be a little different.




Well good for you, inventing a new defintion for addiction. I think ill stick with the oxford dictionary definition that I quoted though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #10] * 1
    #15400494 -

Opium is morphine essentially. All strong opiates have the same addiction potential, it just depends on how much you like it. Personally I find morphine and oxycodone way more addicting than heroin, but that's just me.


Opium is a hardcore opiate, and a very addicting drug just like heroin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #15401396 -

Anonymous #17 said:
My definition of addiction and the way you guys see it seem to be a little different.  Addiction, in the end, has less to do with the drug in question and much more to do with your mind and the way you think.  When you take that first hit of opium, heroin, whatever...it is very possible that something is going to change in the way you think and the way you view that particular substance.  You may not go balls to wall in your addiction, but you've probably started yourself down a slippery slope.

You're thinking changes, telling you shit ain't that bad, that you don't need it.  It tells you shit wasn't that great before, and it's been like a year so it won't hurt to do it again.  This starts happening more and more often, quickly in some people...but a very slow progression for me.  Then, once you're physically addicted and can actually see that the shit sucks...it's too late, you physically need it everyday and it consumes pretty much all of your thinking.

Quote:
I can assure you having a line of heroin will not cause you 'severe trauma' if you decide not to use it again.



It won't.  I can assure you, though, that for all of the people who try a line of heroin, 90% are gonna come back sooner or later.



that sucks that you let it get that far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #15402259 -

Be sure that those arent your famous last words.

Lots of people do it and dont become addicted immediately...but still lots of people do quite quickly, or end up on a slippery slope...and there isnt really a pattern, other than from what I have seen, that bad things happen most often to those who are cocky and think bad things arnt going to happen....because they have a plaaaaan !

Another important thing to consider, which has probably already been stated (I havnt read the other posts) that Heroine really isnt Heroine these days...not like the China White back in the 80's. 

Why would you want to bother?...whats wrong with other less risky drugs?...Are you that bored with life?

Good luck to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #15402646 -

Anonymous #10 said:
Anonymous #17 said:
My definition of addiction and the way you guys see it seem to be a little different.




Well good for you, inventing a new defintion for addiction. I think ill stick with the oxford dictionary definition that I quoted though.



Which is exactly why people who aren't addicted just don't understand addiction (and probably shouldn't be giving advice on the subject :smile:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #21] * 1
    #15402652 -

I think if you are going to try it one time you should shoot up some real quality dope.

You aren't going to have withdrawls or be addicted from doing it once, but you are going to love it and wonder why not do it again, because it doesn't seem to be addicting at first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #22]
    #15402839 -

If you shot up heroin and never done it before you would probably throw up for hours and hate it and never do it again. And that's only if you don't overdose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #15402927 -

Not true, some people aren't morons and don't do a huge amount knowing they don't have a tolerance. I remember the first day I shot up and didn't puke and felt amazing laying my head against the window in the back seat of a car with my eyes closed the whole time. I had someone who knew what they were doing do up my shot and it was perfect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #15404015 -

Anonymous #6 said:
Quote:
How do you figure?  If the first hit is extremely pleasurable then it will dramatically increase the chances of you thinking about using again.




That's not an addiction though, that's doing something again because you enjoyed it the first time and you want to have some fun or relax ect. Addiction, Psychological or otherwise is DEPENDENCE on a substance, in this case opium.



"Psychological dependence begins after the first trial which a person then becomes satisfied and the satisfaction increases with each use. This constant feeling leads to psychological reinforcement which eventually leads to dependence."
Hanson, Glen, Peter J. Venturelli, and Annette E. Fleckenstein. Drugs and Society. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett, 2009. Print.

Anonymous #6 said:
And all this is why Heroin is so bad. From what I've heard Heroin is the only drug that can be addictive because it's so good. It literally fucks with your brain to the point where you need it, psychologically and physically.



As with any other opiate, stimulants such as meth and cocaine, etcetera etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying Heroin. [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #15404021 -

Anonymous #17 said:
Anonymous #14 said:
Anonymous #17 said:
By the way, once you're addicted to a substance, you can't use again.  Not just your drug of choice, you can't use ANYTHING ever again...or you're either going to go back to your drug of choice or substitute your addiction.  You can't drink, you can't smoke weed...it'll all lead back to the same place.



False.  I'm an ex-heroin junkie and I get by just fine smoking weed and drinking the occasional beer.  Sure, right after I quit using I drank a shitload, but just because you're susceptible to one drug doesn't mean that you can never do any other type of drug again.  Don't be ridiculous.



My bad...allow me to elaborate.  It has been my experience and those I know who are now sober...that we cannot successfully use anything anymore.  I don't really think it's too ridiculous to conceive, however.  Everyone's different, and I guess I kinda made an assumption...but everyone I know now who's sober just can't go back to doing anything.  One beer for me leads to three.  I can keep that up for a couple weeks then I either start getting shitfaced on the reg or once I'm a little buzzed I'm looking for something "else" to keep me going.  It might not happen on a regular basis, but it's a slippery slope that will eventually lead me down a long road to heroin again.

Weed...well, weed just puts me up in my head where I don't wanna be cuz when I think to much I start rationalizing my irrational behavior that inevitably leads me back to the hard drugs.



Did you attend NA or AA meetings?  They constantly repeat this bullshit that you can't do any other drugs because they'd inevitably lead you to abusing your DOC again.  In my experience and in the experience of other ex-junkies I know, they (and I) have been perfectly fine with drinking a few beers or smoking a joint every now and then without relapsing on opiates.  It might be a different story when it comes to hard drugs, though... I wouldn't do cocaine or meth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm finding it harder to connect with people than in the past Anonymous 640 2 03/04/18 01:59 AM
by Anonymous
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,407 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,122 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,704 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Hating how you look?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 6,021 50 02/17/10 05:09 AM
by Anonymous
* The "reality" of this forum - a disclaimer for n00bs
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 8,652 64 10/05/10 07:21 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
2,533 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.