Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: If we feared impermanence that much..... [Re: Rahz]
    #15301503 -

An absence of what ? Rahz ? is there no other way ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If we feared impermanence that much..... [Re: Brainstem]
    #15301522 -

An absence of fear.:spock:


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If we feared impermanence that much..... [Re: Rahz]
    #15301555 -

How does one demonstrate an absence of fear ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If we feared impermanence that much..... [Re: Brainstem]
    #15301609 -

By not exhibiting fearful behaviour.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If we feared impermanence that much..... [Re: Rahz]
    #15301641 -

I fear that would be reckless in some situations,
and as some would suggest fearful folly in and of itself.

How would such a person behave, or not behave ? ellaborate for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If we feared impermanence that much..... [Re: Brainstem]
    #15301720 -

I think it would depend on whether there are motivators not born of fear. I'm not sure how such a person would act in regards to the potential for harm in self and others without first answering that question. 

It seems to come down to whether love is an opposite, or not.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is love the answer to anxiety? Floop 1,385 11 12/13/06 01:13 PM
by Floop
* What is fear?
( 1 2 3 all )
daytripper23 4,992 50 01/22/08 05:08 PM
by Gomp
* Fear of Death
( 1 2 3 all )
Basilides 4,222 40 07/18/06 06:38 AM
by Shampioenier
* "Fear" & "Instinct" as two DIFFERENT "Senses".....(?)
( 1 2 all )
eMotionALLmotion 2,762 30 05/04/05 11:06 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* Overcoming social anxiety
( 1 2 all )
Grav 5,646 33 08/08/10 04:15 PM
by Poptart
* Fear of the unknown Alan Stone 1,244 11 02/21/04 05:00 PM
by Annapurna1
* Fear of death
( 1 2 all )
unlikelyhero 4,222 31 09/25/03 03:37 PM
by Alan Stone
* Fearing Fear itself... lucid 1,010 12 11/12/03 03:44 PM
by NiamhNyx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,143 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.